IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, flycat said:

onekidanddone  7 lbs, 17 oz

Of course 7 pounds 17 ounces is really 8 pounds 1 oz or so, but 7/17 sounded better with July 7, 2017.  

Oh...hold it.  I'm so off with the math.  Never mind. I'm going to go the the math prayer closet and practice my sums.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throwing in my weight guess:

The weight is too damn high! - VelociRapture :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I just feel that Michelle is shrinking more in every photo I see of her. Menopause? 

I'm 58 and naturally entered full-on menopause early in my mid 40s.  I have not lost any height at all.  That said, I also have never had a baby.  I would guess her 'shrinkage' is the assault of 20 pregnancies on her body.

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

While Jessa did not have the dangerous labor with Spurgeon that Jill did with Israel, she did bleed and it could have gone bad. I think the fact that TLC filmed Henry's birth at the house is telling. I think TLC will film Jill where she wants, with little input. 

Which is stupid but also reminds me, how are the Duggars okay with being filmed giving birth considering their modesty standards? They've got who knows how many men there, filming them. Do the cameramen just promise not to look at their genitals? Makes no sense to me.

I wonder this too. It would be so restrictive for them if they were constantly thinking about their modesty while laboring on camera. I was anything but modest when I gave birth. Trying to constantly think about if the camera men can see you would make labor so much harder and longer. I love what Ina May Gaskin has to say about The Sphincter rule and ever since I heard her speak about it I feel so sad for the Duggar women when they give birth. All of those stress hormones and not being able to move freely would just make labor awful. 

I'm guessing 7/11, attempted VBAC at home with transfer to a hospital.  There will be an unnamed unseen midwife who won't even be discussed,  but we will see 2 hands that don't seem to belong to anyone. Weight 8 lbs 15 ounces. Btw, what is the official due date? 

1 hour ago, breakfree said:

It's not the super most reputable source but according to

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x25017771/what-happens-when-my-baby-is-in-transverse-lie#ixzz4lzjNAT7y a baby is more likely to end up in the transverse lie position if:

you have too much amniotic fluid in your womb (polyhydramnios), you’ve had multiple pregnancies, you have any abnormalities of the womb, you have a low-lying placenta (placenta praevia), you have fibroids or ovarian cysts

How I knew about this though is that I had a cousin who had 4 babies in this position before she was advised to stop (and followed the doctors advice and did so) and they concluded pretty definitively that the reason was that, unlike most women, her uterus/womb was wider side to side than up to down. This is really rare but does happen and if it's the case for a specific woman,  her chances of transverse are a lot higher each time. 

I never knew there were, well, reasons for it. It seems now obvious there must be, sometimes. My first baby was transverse, but I had none of these conditions. And then none of the rest of them were, so perhaps she was just a quirk.

I'm 52, in the throes of peri-menopause, with finally some progress after six years of this and that. But I'm maybe 1/4 inch shorter than at my tallest. I've read you lose about that much per decade, up to 1/2 inch, after your 40s. To me, it looks like Michelle might have osteoporosis, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

Which is stupid but also reminds me, how are the Duggars okay with being filmed giving birth considering their modesty standards?

Yea I always wondered how they needed to pixel out Michelle's knees when water skiing, but were just fine with their lady parts on display while in labor. Do they yell Nike at camera crew?

Well, darn. Jill blew it for my date guess. I'm still in for the weight though.

I kind hope that one of the journalists who lurk here will write an article about Arkansas midwife laws if Jill attempts a home birth. And also discuss the dangers of an unattended birth.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Was it illegal? If it was indeed her I think it was just stupid and dangerous, not illegal.

Since Fedosky is now on the list of apprentice midwives, she couldn't have attended Jessa's birth without her mentor midwife present, otherwise I imagine she would have been breaking the law. 

Put me down for 7/13 10 lbs 3 oz. I have sick feeling this birth will be traumatic like Izzy's.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Btw, what is the official due date? 

As far as I know it's early July.  So...whenever.  They may be leaving it vague due to the appearance of massive idiocy around Israel's birth.

Hopefully not long after "Babe" followed by a question mark becomes "Babe" in the form of a shriek.

47 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Since Fedosky is now on the list of apprentice midwives, she couldn't have attended Jessa's birth without her mentor midwife present, otherwise I imagine she would have been breaking the law. 

I didn't realize she was an apprentice midwife now. So how does that work? She's been attending births as a doula for many years, but now that she's studying to be a midwife she can't legally do that alone anymore? What if she has a doctor (like her husband) there? I mean, that's a very good thing if unqualified people can't attend births alone but it seems odd if she was able to do it before.

I don't remember if anyone mentioned it, but she was seen pretty prominently in the recent episode with Jessa's baby shower.

I would imagine that an apprentice can't attend a birth alone; I suspect a lay midwife has to sign of on all of the paperwork. I imagine that gets sticky with the state in the situation of apprentices. Which yeah, is weird in Fedosky's case since she "attended" scads of births being nothing more than a doula, and probably signed off on paperwork all the time.

Sweet Lord Rufus,

Please bless Jill with the sense of a slightly above average domesticated animal so that she TAKES CARE OF HERSELF in labor this time around. I'm really not ready for the first fundie royalty maternity tragedy, and Izzy and Sammy are innocents who don't deserve to be left alone with their increasingly unhinged father. 

I know it's a lot, but just....healthy mom, healthy baby. Please?

In return I pledge to participate in a Maxwell anti-fast and celebrate my sinful woman's body openly for a week. 

Amen. 

(y'all I've never been worried about a fundie birth before, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this one and I REALLY want to be wrong. Jill annoys the living Christ out of me (which is why I am an evil Catholic I suppose) and her decisions offend me, but I am deeply concerned for her wellbeing and want her to be OK.)

I'm predicting she will give birth on 7/11 and baby will be 7 lbs 11 ounces.  They should name him Slurpee.  

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

As far as I know it's early July.  So...whenever.  They may be leaving it vague due to the appearance of massive idiocy around Israel's birth.

It still strikes me as unfair and ridiculous that so many people gave her grief for that. She made it clear she knew that most babies arrive within ten days of their due date and that it was entirely possible she would have Izzy late. She also said she was keeping two dates in mind - the due date she was given and a due date two weeks after that - as the dates she could give birth by. I'm pretty sure she was in labor when that second date rolled around, so it's not like she was wrong to think that way. 

(Not saying you're criticizing her. Just people around the internet in general. I should probably make that clear. :pb_lol:)

21 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Sweet Lord Rufus,

Please bless Jill with the sense of a slightly above average domesticated animal so that she TAKES CARE OF HERSELF in labor this time around.

I was thinking about the possibility of Jill having an unattended birth on the way home from work (I really need a life). And it made me think of a college friend who's little sister was born with no medical assistance (no fault of her mother's, negligence occurred - which is a whole other story). The baby was born with the cord wrapped around her neck and deprived of oxygen, resulting in severe brain damage. She required 24-hour care. She could never breathe on her own. Any time there was a major storm the family would have to go to a hotel because they couldn't risk the power going out when they had a child who needed to be hooked up to machines to live. She was never able to communicate, and the family had no idea how much she understood the world around her. The Duggars are so used to babies constantly popping out they don't realize the real risks that can occur. Even with medical emergencies they experienced first hand they don't learn. For people who are pro life they sure don't give a shit about the fragility of life.

On a lighter note, I take offense at asking her to have more sense than a domesticated animal because my cats are way smarter than her. 

9 hours ago, JillyO said:

Is it just me or does the way Jill's skirt cuts into her belly look horribly uncomfortable?

She looks like she has a lot of fluid (to my very untrained eye). All I'm going on is the fact that my belly was as hard as a kneecap at that stage of pregnancy. So I could be totally and completely wrong!!

My guess for baby Samuel is July 10, squeaking in at just under the 10 pound mark: 9lb15oz

47 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

(y'all I've never been worried about a fundie birth before, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this one and I REALLY want to be wrong. Jill annoys the living Christ out of me (which is why I am an evil Catholic I suppose) and her decisions offend me, but I am deeply concerned for her wellbeing and want her to be OK.)

I'm still painting ceilings, which gives me lots of time to think too. I've been getting that same bad feeling about this one. I'm honestly concerned for the girl and her baby.

Wow Michelle looks like Jinger in that photo!! And Derick looks a lot like Cathy. JimBob does not seem to age much.  I think Jill looks cute. 

My snark is on their 4th outfits. Izzy and Jill nailed it, but no one else looks very patriotic. Maybe her insta filter changed the colors a bit. 

I'm just about to board my flight to China. Can someone message me if she has the baby in the next 8 days please #notaddictedlol

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

since she "attended" scads of births being nothing more than a doula, and probably signed off on paperwork all the time.

She more than likely never signed any paperwork when she was illicitly playing midwife.  She wasn't legally allowed to do that and it would have been a red flag for the state.  The parents would have filed their own paperwork for an unattended birth. 

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I'm really not ready for the first fundie royalty maternity tragedy, and Izzy and Sammy are innocents who don't deserve to be left alone with their increasingly unhinged (y'all I've never been worried about a fundie birth before, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this one.

I purposely predicted that they'd come out ok as some sort of voodoo prayer that they would.  One of these days a Duggar is not going to get to medical care just in time.  

19 minutes ago, Karma said:

I'm just about to board my flight to China. Can someone message me if she has the baby in the next 8 days please #notaddictedlol

You will be on the list :)

have fun in china 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived