IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20A: Deleting Suicide Hotlines Since 2017

On fb someone just Said they almost killed themselves today.Lori response was go to the bible, read the Bible more. She should have told her to call a hotline. This is serious stuff and like someone said above someone is going to die from her advice.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is Aunt Lori's response to the reader who indicated she almost took her own life that very day:

Go to the Word of God and only listen to Him *redacted*, because His Word is living and active and will transform you. His Word is Truth! Please, don't take your life. Christ died to set you free from sin and condemnation. Believe and cling to Him.

Not even the first thing she says is "Don't do it."

At no point does she say to talk to a friend, a pastor, a loved one, or a Christian therapist. Nope-just read your Bible and ONLY listen to what the Bible says. Pay no attention to that ungodly phsychiatrist-God forbid it's a woman working outside of the home!  Don't listen to trained medical professionals who have a duty to do no harm and who might put you on antidepressants to make you FEEL better! (there are those fleshly FEELINGS again!)

Nope, only read your Bible. And, of course, Aunt Lori's blog.

@KenFJ reasoned with you before to tell Lori to put up a disclaimer on "Always Learning" about cases of abuse. I am begging you now, to use your 'command man' penis power to tell Aunt Lori that she has to do something about her teachings to suicidal women. Like, I don't know, maybe FUCKING STOP? Or she needs to tell people to go to a goddamn doctor. She has NO training or expertise in the mental heath field and no call to be 'mentoring' women about this serious issue. Fuck, let her stick to having the vapors over yoga pants. Yoga pants aren't going to kill anyone.

Is there any way to redact that  woman's name?  I know she posted on a public FB, but she's obviously in a bad place...

Thankfully, someone has posted the lifeline number.

Ken- your wife is dangerous.  You need to chime in and tell the reader to call for help right away.  You know full well that she needs more than a Bible.  

I found this story and Lori's response especially sad and infuriating. From Facebook.

I lost a good friend to suicide 3 years ago and it's still hard to deal with. She was our pastors wife and I just can't for the life of me figure out why she decided to take her life. She had two precious boys and a wonderful husband.

Another reader posted this comment:

Pastors' wives have a lot to deal with. I've known a couple personally, and it is ridiculous what they have to put up with - constant criticism and slander and gossip over every single detail of their life, including their weight. But especially their children's behavior, and everything about their kids as well. It's living in a fish bowl that they can't really escape due to the sinful or even plain evil Christians in their congregation who nit-pick their every word, move and decision.

Those Christians remind me vaguely of someone...... who had this to offer about the story:

This is why we must find our confidence and worth in Christ alone! I am slandered and ridiculed daily but I know Whom I serve and live to please. This is all that matters.

Lori, you get what you deserve. Your whole blog is all about criticism, slander and gossip. You love to pick on women for their weight, their children's behavior, their choices, and even choices they have been forced to make, like get a job because husband doesn't make enough.  

I don't know whom you think you are serving and living to please. My guess is that person is you. 

I think Lori's blog needs a warning sign: reader beware, the contents may lead to fear, insecurity, despair and loss of your faith.  

Another response to the depression and suicide thread:

I think women in the Church would not likely take this route if they had a Titus 2 mentor. We All need encouragement, and sometimes those that "appear" to have it all together spiritually, are the ones who always give and rarely get the Spiritual encouragement and discipleship in return. This is all the more reason why we need Titus 2 women!

Really?  You might be right, if those "Titus 2 women" are of the helpful, loving, non-judgmental type that actually want to come alongside the younger women and support them in their need.  

A good friend can help prevent a suicide by being there and by picking up the phone and dialing the number if necessary. A good friend can ease the pain of depression by being there, listening, offering help, etc...

But a Lori will only make things worse. 

OK now I am more pissed than ever at Lori. Someone responded rationally giving the number to a suicide hotline and it looks like Lori deleted it.  

Lord, please protect this woman and let her get help.

More than ever, Lori has to be exposed for the danger she is. Anyone not blocked, please comment on that post to encourage the young woman. 

Oh shoot didn't think of that,  did that quickly and don't know how to black our name on phone. Can it just be deleted by admin?

16 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Looks like the whole exchange is gone, right?

Yes. Lori is a monster.

What's the suicide hotline number? I think I'm going to send the commenter a PM.  Seems intrusive, but I think she needs to know that her posts was seen and she needs to be reminded that she can get help.  

I can't believe Lori would be so callous as to reply the way she did, and when people started offering some more apropriate advice, just delete the whole thing.  I really am worried about that woman (not lori, the commenter) now. 

Deleting it shows she isn't even confident in her advice. If she was so convinced just reading the bible is the answer to a suicidal woman she should have let it stand. I wonder if Ken really did talk to her. 

Lori deleting the lifeline number is probably the lowest thing she's ever done.  

She has now deleted the entire exchange.  

There are cruel, vile people in this world, but Lori takes the cake.  She is flat out dangerous.

Ken claims to be in charge of Lori. Why is he allowing this behavior to continue?

So far this week, Lori has:    

- Given beyond stupid weight loss advice (implying that eating disorders aren't really a big deal because most women have them).

- Encouraged women to ignore medical advice, by implying that if women trust God everything will be okay.

-Asserted that clinical depression isn't real because God has promised us a "sound mind".

- Told a woman considering suicide to read the Bible, and then deleted comments with the life line number for suicide prevention.

Lori is dangerous.

We can follow what Jesus said in Matthew 18:15-17.

“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector."

The sin was already pointed out to Lori and Ken, and this was established by witnesses. Maybe we can tell it to her church. If they refuse to listen, we can report her to Facebook and other authorities.

Also I can't imagine what it must feel like as a suicidal/depressed woman where you put yourself out there, trying to be heard and you get deleted. I can see a suicidal person thinking that they don't matter after being deleted like that. It seems small and its not something that would bother a mentally healthy person, but I think little things like that is what can make a person feel like suicide is the only option. Lori silenced her voice because how it makes her looks is far more important. 

Words cannot express how I feel about Lori right now. Supply your own curse words here...

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori deleting the lifeline number is probably the lowest thing she's ever done.  

She has now deleted the entire exchange.  

Bible, and then deleted comments with the life line number for suicide prevention.

Lori is dangerous.

I sent the following PM to Ken on his fb.  Deleting that hotline number has gone too far. Feel free to join me in messaging him.

"Ken, I am begging you to step in here. A woman on your wife's fb pg. commented on the depression post saying she almost took her life that morning. All your wife told her was to pray and read the Bible. She did not suggest calling a hotline, a pastor or friend. Nothing... Someone else had to be the one to suggest a hotline number. Then the whole conversation is deleted. This is why people say your wife is dangerous. She suggests women can continue to have c sections against a doctor's advice. She talks about wiping up raw chicken juice with a cloth and reusing it without washing it. Please, with all due respect. Step in and stop her."

14 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Also I can't imagine what it must feel like as a suicidal/depressed woman where you put yourself out there, trying to be heard and you get deleted. I can see a suicidal person thinking that they don't matter after being deleted like that. It seems small and its not something that would bother a mentally healthy person, but I think little things like that is what can make a person feel like suicide is the only option. Lori silenced her voice because how it makes her looks is far more important. 

Yes, Lori is far more concerned about her ministry, and her message, than she is the woman crying out for help.  She is too ignorant to be in the position of power she's placed herself in.

I wonder if Ken notices that she's making all of these outrageous posts, one right after another...

She liked the attention she got from "going viral", and she'll say anything she can to do it again.  

Disgusting.

This is why screenshots are so important. If that wasn't captured, Lori could play dumb and pretend like she doesn't know what we are talking about and go on with her tirade about how she is slandered daily. 

"slander. n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed."

No one is telling untruth here. We are reporting it as we see it. 

I think the screenshot should be reported to facebook. I believe what Lori does is spiritual abuse. It puts facebook at risk for liability if something happened to that poor woman, if facebook knowingly allows spiritual abuse to occur on its pages.

For that matter, we could send the screenshot of Ken normalizing child sexual abuse to wordpress. I would be it violates its terms and conditions. 

Really, let's not depend on Ken (who probably agrees with her). Lori shouldn't be allowed to use these publishing platforms to spread dangerous advice to vulnerable people. Sure, she can find another platform, but still, I think it's more effective to contact facebook/wordpress than to go to Ken.

Exactly, and Ken (who is a member of FJ) can come here and see the screen grabs.  He needs to be aware that his wife is a danger to her readers.  

When he was here, we told him that Lori was telling abusive readers to "hit harder".  He denied it right up until we showed him the exchange.  

Many of the things we told him were met with, "I don't think Lori said...".    

After seeing proof, he changed his tune and claimed he wanted changes made to Lori's blog, but she has only gotten more extreme.

Lori is a busybody.  She makes idiotic posts, and then kicks back to watch the drama unfold.  Meanwhile, Ken is munching on a 4 day old salad, with 3 week old dressing, and pretending to be "Mr. Command Man".

I guarantee you, Lori is hovering over the depression post right this minute.  She is going to make damn sure that no one has a chance to post the lifeline number again.  

I really think, sadly, we are giving Ken too much credit if we are expecting him to put a stop to Lori's cruelty. Remember Ken has stated the following:

-Hunger is not an issue in America and if it were, starvation is not a painful way to die. 

-Sibling molestation is normal and his friends could not believe he didn't molest his own sister(s).

-Pain during intercourse is "perceived" and simply emotional baggage a wife brings to the marriage, or a way to avoid sex  

- women who work are "Whores of Babylon."

-Sunshine Mary was simply giving sex advice to a "reformed whore." 

I am sure there are many more. I know he also stated once that if a woman were in a shelter it is because she is in the wrong part of town - or if a woman is raped it is because she was in the wrong part of town.  He went off on something Andy blamed the victim for being in the wrong part of town.  He rambles on so and rarely manages to say much but he always seems to find a way to get his evil and vicious, woman-hating views across loud and clear.  

Sorry to be hand slappy, but I have zero confidence that Ken will step in because he does not care either.  These two feed off of each others' cruelty and they are both dangerous.  

2 hours ago, onemama said:

What's the suicide hotline number? I think I'm going to send the commenter a PM.  Seems intrusive, but I think she needs to know that her posts was seen and she needs to be reminded that she can get help. 

The suicide hotline number is 1-800-273-8255. Maybe I overstepped, but I had to PM that reader and give it to her. 

And another thing (if you all will forgive me for posting one right after another)- I'm going to be tweeting the Suicide Hotline number on my twitter all day and tagging Aunt Lori in it.

Sorry, not sorry.

4 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

The suicide hotline number is 1-800-273-8255. Maybe I overstepped, but I had to PM that reader and give it to her. 

Thanks for doing that, TeddyBonkers.  I don't think that showing concern and love is ever overstepping. Sure, the woman may be a bit surprised, but perhaps your concern is exactly what she needed today. 

35 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori is far more concerned about her ministry, and her message, than she is the woman crying out for help.  She is too ignorant to be in the position of power she's placed herself in.

True. She acts as if negative reviews of her book were an emergency, yet when someone posts about a real emergency, she either tells them to "go read their Bibles", "God owns the hills and the cattle" or, my favorite, "how tragic!"  I guess deleting all good advice trumps that one now. 

Remember the time, not long ago, someone commented on one of her facebook posts with a link to a blog with the story of a just-widowed mother of many?   What did Lori, the mentor with influence and many followers, have to say? "how tragic!".   Any person who truly cared would have considered what she may do about the situation.  Maybe she could offer to reblog and try to get some support (I think the woman's blog had a link to a fund-raiser where people  could donate to help her get on her feet).  Not Lori. She's too busy deleting dissenting comments and monitoring other people's lives. 

@Free Jana Duggar If you are comfortable sharing, let us know when Ken sees the message, and if he responds.  

This situation is getting out of hand, and Lori is becoming more dangerous by the day.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived