IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20A: Deleting Suicide Hotlines Since 2017

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I showed my ministers. They have reached out to the suicidal poster on Lori's blog. That's all I know and all I can say.

Over at No Longer Quivering on Patheos, they did a post on her depression post and this was a comment:

We are working on a blog post at Spiritual Sounding Board including screenshots with the hotline number. Once we get it done we'll spread the word.

Lori also removed a comment of mine where I told a woman who was lamenting over her PCP asking her every time she goes in. I told her that she was fortunate to have a doctor who cared and asked. Lori can't even handle that a doctor plays an important role in mental health.

Something to keep an eye out for.

18 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Over at No Longer Quivering on Patheos, they did a post on her depression post and this was a comment:

Something to keep an eye out for.

Yes that is from the spiritual sounding board ladies. I sent them the the screenshot and told them about it last night. 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

I have a screenshot of all 3 comments. 

Can you post them? Then those of us who are willing can contact facebook/wordpress. Those screenshots need to be seen as much as possible, as often as possible. I don't think this kind of darkness should be hidden. I have a relative who attempted suicide, many years ago. Even an attempt changes you, and those around you.

Could you pm them to a mod or someone else who would be willing to blank out the names for you before posting them? I agree with @Hisey that it would be good for people to see screenshots of Lori Alexander treating someone who found the courage to speak out about how depressed and suicidal she was with such utter callousness and contempt and even deleting the number of the suicide hotline posted by someone else. 

Really well done, @EowynW for contacting the people at Spiritual Sounding Board and sharing the screenshots with them. 

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

What a  horrible church! So glad you left. If it helps any, they probably suggested more Bible-reading and church-going because they lacked the imagination or intelligence to suggest anything else. 

What if we were to all contact facebook about this issue, with all of us including the same screencaps? 

I am not usually much of a rabble-rouser but I know the courage it must have taken that woman to post about her suicidal thoughts, and I can imagine the pain when she saw it deleted. I try to keep a very low internet profile but I am willing to do this if anyone else is. Also, have the screencaps of the exchange been posted?

I know I'm replying late. I think contacting Facebook is worth a shot imo. Lori is dangerous as fuck and she shouldn't have Facebook as outlet to promote her shitty beliefs and also ignoring and deleting comments about someone being suicidal and the suicide hotline.

11 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Got a fill of shit message back from Ken. 

Please share--at least a summary!

32 minutes ago, Hane said:

Please share--at least a summary!

"Oh I spoke to Lori blah blah blah. She said the lady wasn't in any danger at all but just needed some spiritual guidance. And then Lori said that after someone commented with the hotline number some horrible evil trolls that are always seeking to take down her ministry ganged up on her and viciously attacked her. She couldn't tell who was real and who was a troll so she deleted the whole thing. And how it's the sad unfortunate nature of running a Christian log that she will say things that everyone won't agree with. And that she accepts zero responsibility for the things she has no control over. But hey thanks for my concern and i told her and she said she'd try to intergrate the concern next time it happened." 

Sigh...

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

"And that he accepts zero responsibility for the things she has no control over. But hey thanks for my concern and i told her and she said she'd try to intergrate the concern next time it happened." 

Sigh...

So much for Command Man.

So basically, she lied to him.  Wow.  She's worse than I ever thought possible. 

The more I think about this, the worse it all seems.  She is literally lying through her teeth saying that the reader "just needed spiritual guidance".  That tells you that she knows what she did was wrong, and she knew she needed to cover it up.  That changes the whole tone of this.  It's not just that she's wreckless, she's downright...god, I don't even know the word.  

I am just...wow.  I don't even know what to say.

And something else, did anyone here see the "trolls" who "ganged up" on Lori, because I didn't see anything like that.  At all.  Did she make that part up as well?  

I mean why wouldn't she have just left the original comment and the lifeline comment?  Or why wouldn't she repost herself giving the lifeline number?  No...there are too many holes in this story.  Either she has Ken completely deceived (again), or they are both trying to cover up her actions.  

Someone said on another forum that Lori has a private fb group and gives horrible marriage advice. Women are to stay with their husbands even if he's a cheating POS. If her public advice is terrible, I can't imagine how bad a private group would be. 

42 minutes ago, Hane said:

So much for Command Man.

It was actually that she accepts no responsibility. I made a typo. 

So a woman was considering suicide, and she ' just needed some spiritual guidance.'  I've got two words for Kennie.  Bull and shit.  If Aunt Lori can't/won't try to tell the difference, and her owner...errrr, husband, can't/won't step in even to help SAVE A HUMAN LIFE, then neither one has any right claiming spiritual leadership over anyone else, and I don't want to hear anything from them claiming to be pro-life either. 

Ken is such a dickcheese. He responded to my FB message and said, "Person X (name redacted) has my response. Talk to her."

What a fucknugget.

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Someone said on another forum that Lori has a private fb group and gives horrible marriage advice. Women are to stay with their husbands even if he's a cheating POS. If her public advice is terrible, I can't imagine how bad a private group would be. 

Do you mean the chat room, or something else?  I think Lori is so careful about who's allowed in the chat room, because she shows even more of who she is there.  She seems to have a very tight control over the members and their interactions with each other (just based on what she's said).  

In one of her Youtube videos she says:

I'm available in the chatroom all the time.  Most...majority of the day to umm...monitor it

Why is she spending the majority of her day monitoring other adults???

No, the more I hear, the more the tone of all of this is just getting downright scary.  Lori's desire to control other people is driving all of this.  

The quoted comment can be found at approx. min. 1:46 of this video:

I've walked through the storm of sucidal depression & tried many meds before finding ne that worked. This is something that hits home for some of us.  She's playing with fire here & doesn't understand or care to understand.

part of me thinks Lori should be bombarded with harrowing stories of depression, but I know she would not listen. She has no empathy.

She'd just spout the same shit.  "Read your Bible!  Pray!  Lots of people have it worse than you!  Stop focusing on yourself!"

I have nothing to add, really, only What. The. Fuck. She just always impresses me with her ability to sink to new depths. 

13 hours ago, Hane said:

This is so true. My friends' son struggled with severe depression throughout his adolescence, and, despite the best psychiatric help his parents (devout Methodists) could give him, he ended his life by going out into the woods and hanging himself. He did this because he didn't want his parents to be the ones who found his body.

It's so sad that we live in a world where this still happens - I can empathise with both the son and the parents. Suicide is a hard, ugly, final, thing to bring up and discuss and once it's out there it can be hard to erase the shame and the possibility that it may happen again. Let alone that you are committing a mortal sin by not trusting in God and considering taking your own life, or succeeding. This is why there needs to be more education, more understanding and better access to mental help early on for the patient and possibly even the family members so that people can heal.

That being said, I'm really sorry about your friends and their son.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived