IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20A: Deleting Suicide Hotlines Since 2017

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

thank you EowynW and Molecule!

I think they are calling their kids right now.  .. 

Bear in mind, at least two of her kids are financially dependent on them. Ryan works for the family business. They've pretty much out and out told us they are helping to support Cassi and Ryan. Alyssa's husband John worked for the family business at one time, and we've agreed they seem to be struggling financially. And Stephen has a partnership with an older doc who seems to be preparing to retire. How'd he get that, huh? Partnerships like that cost money.

I recall reading somewhere that Ken had some ownership in that orthodontic practice that Steven is in. There was speculation that the older orthodontist might have been a friend of Ken's.  I always wondered if some kind of drama went down between Alyssa's husband and Ken. Info on Alyssa's husband was on the business site for a few months and then his info was taken down. I don't think Alyssa and Jon aren't hurting too much for money especially since she is an LLR rep and it's like 5k to buy in.  But, she could have used a credit card to buy in.

Ryan is being prepped to take over for Ken. Lori has always indicated that her children have a lot of the same views. She done a few posts where she keeps saying that both of her sons are self-sufficient and dislike people who live off the government and get handouts. In a way, it could be argued that both of her sons are getting handouts via Ken. Ryan didn't start Ken's business. There is nothing wrong with working for a family business or taking it over. But, it's different from going out and working for a person or a company that you have no prior connection to.

Out of all of Lori's kids Alyssa is the only one that I have hope for. Ken even said here at FJ that she was the most liberal one of out of the four kids. I hate to sound mean but Cassi gives off a dark vibe and I can see her doing the same shit as Lori.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would y'all want me to put the Spiritual Sounding Board piece up on the FJ social media?

That sounds like a great idea.

I'll do it as soon as I get to my computer and make sure it formats correctly. Aka, it'll be up & at em tomorrow bright and early, latest.

19 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I just wanted to point out that the hotline numbers are hidden from me as a newcomer to FJ; that is, I don't have permission to see it.  I understand the need to screen in such a forum; but if you wouldn't mind the request; I feel that such information is important for everyone to have.  Would you mind reposting the hotline numbers so that the content of this particular list is not hidden?

Thank you!

Hi,

When that page was originally made, it was put in AYTFJ because that was where the type of threads needing the information would have been posted.  Now that we have a much different set up (and crazy folks like Lori), I also put it in the top menu under the Resources drop-down.

You can see it here: http://www.freejinger.org/hotline-numbers/

Thanks for the suggestion!

On 6/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, onemama said:

Another response to the depression and suicide thread:

Really?  You might be right, if those "Titus 2 women" are of the helpful, loving, non-judgmental type that actually want to come alongside the younger women and support them in their need.  

A good friend can help prevent a suicide by being there and by picking up the phone and dialing the number if necessary. A good friend can ease the pain of depression by being there, listening, offering help, etc...

But a Lori will only make things worse. 

(Coming here very late. I don't keep up with Lori but with the suicides of 3 people in my "family" I have to respond.)

first of all, well said, @onemama.

To Lori and her minions: When a person has decided that only death will allay their pain, they can have 24/7 attendants and they'll *still* find a way to escape their torment.

When Lori teaches that "a Titus 2 woman" can prevent someone else from committing suicide, she is burdening those women with responsibility and expectations SO BLESSED FAR OUTSIDE THEIR ABILITY!

So the T2 woman counsels the suicidal one, and prays and searches scripture with her and cries and laughs -- and learns in due time that the suicidal one died by her own hand.  What then, Lori? Who's going to counsel the T2? Who's going to assure her that the suicide was NOT her fault, that her faith IS adequate and strong?

Will the T2 handle the guilt and shock and loss well? Or will people like Lori click their tongues and sideways-glance at the failed [sic] T2 woman?

We have good ideas about the answers. Again,  thanks to those of you who monitor Lori so I dont have to.  Usually I pass over her topics, but anything with "suicide" in it draws me like a moth.  

RIP, my loved ones.

I can't tell you the number of times I've thought about ending my life. However, I was always too chicken to go through with it. Fortunately, I finally got help and take medication for it. I still have my dark days but no longer think about ending my life. My faith helps quite a bit, but if anyone gave me the advice that I just needed to pray more or read more scripture and my utterly FUBAR brain chemistry would be fixed, I think I'd punch them right square in the face. I'm not ashamed of being on meds...I compare it to my husband's insulin. You wouldn't tell a diabetic to pray more and read more scripture to be cured, right? Well...you shouldn't tell someone with a mental illness that all they need to do is pray more and that bullshit. The meds I take are important to my health. I'll probably be on them the rest of my life, but I'm good with that. 

Oh and Lori and Ken are horrible, nasty, evil people who will never take responsibility for the bad advice they give that could cause someone permanent harm. I would LOVE for someone to sue their asses off...

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

. You wouldn't tell a diabetic to pray more and read more scripture to be cured, right?

Actually I wouldn't put it past them...

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

You wouldn't tell a diabetic to pray more and read more scripture to be cured, right?

Unfortunately, a few groups say just that. Christian Scientists, Followers of Christ....

I know there have been cases of parents taking their diabetic children off insulin after a "faith healing," with the kids dying as a result(and calling the symptoms "lies of Satan.") :my_sad:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived