IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

When you're as far along as Jill is you pretty much just wear what's clean and fits. Dress looked lovely on her and she looks pretty comfortable in it. I call that a win.

I just can't get past the doily. And she could have worn some strappy flat sandals like Sierra. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Austin looks like a conservative politician who just defunded Planned Parenthood.

This. This is everything. [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, kacarlton said:

This. This is everything. emoji23.png

I saw that smile and that suit and thought about George Bush (the son, not his dad). And Paul Ryan. So that's how that comment came to mind!

23 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Maybe it means "I can finally have sex and stop worrying that I'll do something forbidden and be shunned and go to hell!"

23 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

It makes me wonder if it's a Freudian slip about being shackled under his parents' rule?  It's a weird thing to say and really doesn't seem like a statement a guy who wanted to express his happiness on his wedding day would say.  

Either of these is plausible.

To me though, it seems like he is feeling guilty or has a secret and is on edge thinking somebody is going to expose him at any time.  These poor cult kids are made to feel guilty over the stupidest things so it literally could be something insignificant like he and Joy once held hands as kids or that he prayed to leave his family business.   I hope they can now chill out in peace and discover what makes them both happy as people before they start with the babies. Preferably far, far away from both their families.

My bets for the honeymoon are 1) camping trip or 2) missions trip.  Secretly, I hope they planned a honeymoon like camping where cameras couldn't follow them and they plotted to fake a death/disappear forever from their families.

Jill's jewellery is ridiculous and unnecessary.

8 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Jill's jewellery is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Am I missing something here?  Are we talking about Jill Dillard, 'cause it looked to me like she only had on the long necklace?

Now Jill Rod, I would believe that about.

Looking at the site it looks like at least Jill's dress, there's a non-maternity version complete with elbow doilies. I wonder if that version was used, too.

24508_1_.jpg

45 minutes ago, kacarlton said:

Who What in the world will she talk take to to get through the day now?

Fixed it.

Not wishing her to start self-medicating, but good lowered knows I would be if I was in her shoes.

1 hour ago, nvmbr02 said:

I don't this is uncommon? Many people don't use a stand alone camera anymore and just use their cell phone. It has become pretty standard at any wedding I have been to.

Well, I think with time it will be less common. The last few weddings I have attended it was written on the invitation to not take photos during the ceremony because you will likely get in the photographer. Which I completely agree with. 

Joy looks so beautiful (can I have her hair? Please?) but this picture makes me want to cry for her.

She's so young! She's a teenager! She should be off at college and having a great time with her friends and maybe figuring out what she wants to do with her life, and organising a summer holiday, not getting married. And with how fertile the Duggar girls seem to be, she'll probably be pregnant this time next year too, ugh. 

I know some people will say they got married at that age and are happy and it all worked out, but it still breaks my heart to see this, because she had such a spark as a kid, yet the poor girl was given no other options for her life than being a SAHD or getting married. 

I know she has some awful, awful beliefs, but I can't help but hope she's happy. All the poor Duggar daughters deserve happiness after the awful upbringing they were subject to. 

13 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Am I missing something here?  Are we talking about Jill Dillard, 'cause it looked to me like she only had on the long necklace?

Now Jill Rod, I would believe that about.

I am referring to Jill Dullard and her giant, gaudy earrings. I really hope Derrick was BANNED from swiping her from the aisle at the end of the ceremony.

IMG_4226.PNG

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if any of the other adult Bates kids decided to stay home and go to the local wedding instead of driving all the way to AR. Alyssa and Michael had to drive to TN to Andrea Warren's wedding so you would think some of the family would want to stay home and visit with them and go to the local wedding instead. 

Can you imagine how tiring it would be to keep driving to Arkansas for all those weddings where you're just another of the mass?

5 hours ago, Casserole said:

It's their most recently purchased plane which seats 10-12 passengers, so depending on who attended/significant others/grandbabies, two trips might have gotten them all, three at the most. 

How many planes do they own?!  They should hook up with Creflo Dollar.

I wonder if the other guests were not allowed to take photos. I remember a freejinger member getting in trouble at the yard sale for taking photos.

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Well, I think with time it will be less common. The last few weddings I have attended it was written on the invitation to not take photos during the ceremony because you will likely get in the photographer. Which I completely agree with. 

Oh, I am sure it will become less popular in some circles. And I would be annoyed if guests were leaving their seats or hanging in the aisle or otherwise getting in the photographers way. I would also always respect the bride and groom's wishes (plus, I am not a huge picture taker anyway, I am more of a live in the moment kinda girl)

That being said, we were married almost 15 years ago. People didn't use cell phones for pictures but plenty of people did take pictures of their own throughout the ceremony and reception. We had three photographers, one head photographer and two assistants. They took wonderful pictures. All framed perfectly, with the lighting and angles just right. I have albums full of beautiful pictures. But the only picture I have on display is one my cousin took. She was sitting behind my grandparents and great aunt and uncle. She got a great shot of the two couples (now married for 64+ years) holding hands while watching us take our vows. It would have been impossible for the photographer to get that shot and while she was introduced to our siblings, parents and grandparents she wouldn't have known my great aunt and uncle or how important they were to me. So there is a little give and take to everything.

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

Congrats to Jana. You officially don't have to share clothes with your sisters. Well, at the moment.

I thought about her earlier.  I was doing errands and she just came to my mind.  How lonely she must be now.  She's got adult brothers who are out doing their own thing, and then children, and her next sister isn't even a teenager.  Her choices are get married and start popping out her own babies, or stay in that mess and have fewer babies later on.

6 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Edited to add:  Just looked at their website.  Apparently they give one meal to a hungry child for every meal sold.  That's admirable.  I'll stop snarking on their name. 

https://tacos4life.com

That's what I thought at first too...but a while back I looked into it, and it costs them something like twenty cents. I guess it's still something but imo it's a little deceiving. I think the assumption is they are donating an equal dollar/food amount for that $7 purchased. 

It's a little deceiving and I remember when people were angry about the business appearing on CO. Miss Kristen Young herself was quite the little snot in some of her responses (she managed their social media at the time). I shudder more seeing her face in Duggar photos  than Sierra's.

1 minute ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I thought about her earlier.  I was doing errands and she just came to my mind.  How lonely she must be now.  She's got adult brothers who are out doing their own thing, and then children, and her next sister isn't even a teenager.  Her choices are get married and start popping out her own babies, or stay in that mess and have fewer babies later on.

I am hoping she is able to start whatever business she was planning to setup.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Huh, even during the ceremony? It seems kind of rude to me, especially since there are professional photographers so it's not like there aren't going to be any pictures, but then I guess it's probably not a big deal.

As long as there's no flash, no big deal.  Not everybody wants to have to buy a photo of their spouse at someone else's wedding.  The photog doesn't own everything about a wedding, and shouldn't be the only person allowed to take pictures.  Photogs can't be everywhere at once, and sometimes guests get pics of stuff the photogs don't.

3 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I am hoping she is able to start whatever business she was planning to setup.

As if.  She's lost her only helper.  Now all of the "wimminz' work" will fall to her.  She'll be busier than ever. :(

1 hour ago, kacarlton said:

Can you imagine what it must have been like for her to return to the house as the only older girl? Who in the world will she talk to to get through the day now?

Going to bed at night must be lonely.  Most of us are used to sleeping alone, but she never had that, and now when she goes to bed, she's with actually little children only, no sister-friends to whisper with late at night, just a lot of quiet and small children noises to remind her that she's been left behind.

I hope this is a calculated move on her part.

I think the big earrings may have been part of the ensemble? I thought I saw at least one of the other bridesmaids wearing similar earrings. 

Jill's shoes looked like actual sandals to me, not flipflops, but I could be wrong.

Why are we assuming she chose these things herself, anyway?

She looks 'pleased with herself' for smiling as she walks down the aisle at her sister's wedding?

Hot damn, some of you folks are picky! :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

She looks 'pleased with herself' for smiling as she walks down the aisle at her sister's wedding?

I think it looks like she was smirking at her husband, and there's nothing wrong with that.  There was probably a no-cameras rule (gotta sell the pics to People!), and her husband was being naughty and breaking it.  I think her expression is fine.  It's one from a wife to her rule-breaking husband.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

A lot of people just like to blame Jill for every little thing. I highly doubt she'd be wearing those shoes or earrings if Joy asked her not to. She looked fairly comfortable and put together, which can be a bit of a miracle that late in  pregnancy when everything is achy and you constantly feel uncomfortable.

27 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm still not over the fact that that sack is $55. 

I'm honestly just glad they were smart and got her a maternity dress. Less time and effort needed for any possible alterations.

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm honestly just glad they were smart and got her a maternity dress. Less time and effort needed for any possible alterations.

Hopefully Joy felt the need not to get Jana to do everything as Jill did (since it was unfair). 

Or Jana is flat chat because she's still got to raise her younger siblings.

5 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

This is the good picture?! Ok ... all I see are the shoes (or no shoes) Sierra wore those shoes as a bridesmaid?

I know the Duggars have weird shoe "styles" but come on ... 

She might have changed her shoes by then. The picture is clearly at the after party and Jessa had changed clothes completely.

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Fixed it.

Not wishing her to start self-medicating, but good lowered knows I would be if I was in her shoes.

That is awful to even suggest. She has a lot of friends and seems to spend a great deal of time with them.  I'm sure there is a live in nanny servant/teacher/slave to help James, Justin, Jackson, Hannie, Jenni, Jordyn & Josie with their school work and to help supervise the smaller ones while Jana is out doing her thing.  We see tons of pics of her hanging out with friends or Jessa and now Jill are over at the house almost daily.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived