3. Jessa
4. Jinger
5. Johannah
6. Jennifer
7. Anna (no photos, assuming)
8. Carlin (no photos, assuming)
9. Kendra
10. Sierra

That makes it an even 10. Josie wore a navy dress, no clue if it's a flower girl dress and no sign of what Jordyn and Meredith wore yet.

I can see her not having Anna in her wedding party and most likely having Austin's sister.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know she's legally an adult, but intellectually and socially, she's the prettiest darn child bride you ever did see.

I guess all I can say at this point is that I hope she finds happiness and a modicum of independence, and that she's able to lead a good, happy life in the confines of the cult she's pretty firmly staying in.

The bridesmaid dress does look nice, at least.

I wonder if Derrick was a dick again about grabbing Jill away from whatever groomsmen she was paired with after the ceremony. Ben as well. 

Bumming hard over Joy getting married so young and thinking about how in a year from now Jill will probably be helping her deliver her first baby :/  

Just now, sunshine said:

Congrats to Jana. You officially don't have to share clothes with your sisters. Well, at the moment.

But did Joy take the mustard cardigan to start her new life?

Congrats to Joy and Austin!

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I think Joy's wedding brings the family back full circle to their roots. Despite the family being more well off than they were at the time of Anna's or even Jill's wedding, Joy decided to go for the extremely casual theme. I do not like it. I prefer formal wear for these occasions but I believe the couple has to do what is good for them.

So far Jill had the best flowers and veil. Jessa's dress was the most beautiful. Jinger body slammed! Her wedding in total was the classiest. She was absolutely gorgeous. I loved her theme, colors, bridal party wear, designs - I mean she and Jeremy kept it classy. I also loved their ceremony. They had a contemporary wedding without compromising their faith. Loved it.

The dark navy was a flattering color at Joy's wedding. Otherwise, I was not pleased by the choices right on down to Joe proposing at the reception.

Regardless, I wish them the absolute best.

23 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

But did Joy take the mustard cardigan to start her new life?

Something tells me the mustard cardigan is a permanent part of the TTH.  Let's pray Jana's not wearing it when she's 60.

Jill's dress looks even frumpier than the the version we saw Sierra where. Lawd. And she even had the speshul snowflake doily!

4 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Is Kristin the one who owns Tacos for Life?  Also, what an odd name.  Is it a pro-life taco place?  

I know I shouldn't, but now I have this fun little visual of a taco leaping off a plate and running out the door leaving the salad spinning behind - the way Speedy Gonzales used to.

Joy looks nice in her dress and her groom looks well polished in his suit.

Navy is a nice colour - I don't mind the bridesmaids dresses all that much. They are very casual, but I have owned a dress like that in the past and they are very versatile. 

I think Jill does like wearing looser and longer clothes. I don't like what she's wearing, but if that's what she felt comfortable in, we can't hold that against anyone. 

IF she is wearing it just to "accentuate the bump" then, well... 

1 hour ago, Bushes of Love said:

Just uploaded by Derick. 

Have to say, I like the dress. Not getting the lacy, doily bit on the arm though. 

I cringed and shuddered. Derick is just so ick. 

1 hour ago, season of life said:

I wish there were more photos, but I bet they're coming. I can't tell if every dress length was different for the bridesmaids. I like the color, but not the dress itself. A little too casual for my personal tastes.

All the other bridesmaids' pics I've seen are in knee-length dresses. 

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

So did Derick take a cell phone picture of Jill during the ceremony?

I don't this is uncommon? Many people don't use a stand alone camera anymore and just use their cell phone. It has become pretty standard at any wedding I have been to.

2 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I don't this is uncommon? Many people don't use a stand alone camera anymore and just use their cell phone. It has become pretty standard at any wedding I have been to.

Huh, even during the ceremony? It seems kind of rude to me, especially since there are professional photographers so it's not like there aren't going to be any pictures, but then I guess it's probably not a big deal.

I wouldn't even wear those dresses to work... let alone in a wedding. These might be my least favorite Duggar bridesmaids dresses.

i start to think that joy and austin had a simple wedding because they are so young..and she was atomboy before maybe she doesn t like fancy staff

Congrats to Jana. You officially don't have to share clothes with your sisters. Well, at the moment.

Can you imagine what it must have been like for her to return to the house as the only older girl? Who in the world will she talk to to get through the day now?

12 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Huh, even during the ceremony? It seems kind of rude to me, especially since there are professional photographers so it's not like there aren't going to be any pictures, but then I guess it's probably not a big deal.

Yep.  Cell phone pics allllll!!lll over the place at the wedding we attended last month.  And judging from the wedding pics all over fb tagging the brides and grooms over the past month, it seems like all the peoples think this is ok.  

2 minutes ago, kacarlton said:

Can you imagine what it must have been like for her to return to the house as the only older girl? Who in the world will she talk to to get through the day now?

That makes me want to cry.  How sad.  

When you're as far along as Jill is you pretty much just wear what's clean and fits. Dress looked lovely on her and she looks pretty comfortable in it. I call that a win.

I thought the dresses were cute, versatile, and flattering on all of them. Win/win/win!

I think Jill's dress is fine as a guest but it doesn't look like a bridesmaid dress. Which is fine too. I'm not super traditional or anything. It's just that most people won't think she looks like a bridesmaid. But I would have been happy to wear that when pregnant since it looks comfy.

IMG_3065.PNG

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived