IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John has promised to post some encouraging news, but hasn't posted it yet. 

Has John managed to convert someone? Well, I guess he has done that in the past; he just has trouble keeping them. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old are their oldest couple of kids?  Are they into mid-teens yet?  Wondering what they'll do with (well, I was going to say college-aged, but really) marriage aged kids if they are still in Zambia... ship them home to get set up by relatives?  

also - wonder if the kids will find this snark page about their dad eventually.  Like the Duggars it will be interesting to see how many stick with Daddy's version of religion once they are grown.

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

How old are their oldest couple of kids?  Are they into mid-teens yet?  Wondering what they'll do with (well, I was going to say college-aged, but really) marriage aged kids if they are still in Zambia... ship them home to get set up by relatives?

Enoch 14, Alatheia 13, Timothy 11, Nehemiah 10, Agape 8, Elijah 7, Charis 5, Sophia 4, Stephen 2, Isaiah 11 months. 

I can't remember what it's called but every few years some missionaries will go home on extended visits to continue drumming up support. I can see the Shraders waiting until they have a couple kids who are courting age, then do an extended visit and hope to get them all married off at once. Or they could send them to stay with family. 

The encouraging news was a novel that pretty much boiled down to Roderick having a couple new possible converts. John's claiming one of them but says himself that Roderick did the majority of the actual talking. They went to the villages and people couldn't get enough.

Also John realized they don't speak English in Mozambique and that Baobob trees can be MASSIVE. 

In the name of John Shrader I bring you a tale of missionaries actually helping people.  Mr. Shrader please take note.  I read this in the local paper this morning but found an article online out of the US in case anyone wants to read it.

Backstory: There was a school bus crash outside of Arusha in northern Tanzania a couple weeks ago. 33 middle schoolers, their teachers, and the driver were killed. There were 3 surviving students, and all of them were in critical condition.

Enter medical missionaries: The medical team that arrived on scene and cared for the kids was a team of medical missionaries from the US. There was some connection between this group and a congressman. They watched out to the congressman who facilitated visas for entering kids and their parents to come to the US for the care they needed. They chartered a plane to fly them to the US for $300k. The medical missionaries were going to pay for it and fundraise later it somehow Franklin Graham got involved and Samaritain's Purse picked up the tab. The US hospital and doctors are all donating their services and  parents are my put up at Ronald McDonald House. 

John couldn't help in a situation like this one. He has no practical skills. He could sell a vehicle and donate the most money to funeral costs. That's about all though.

John uses a whole bunch of words to say that Rodrick preached to a lot of people while he complained about how exhausted he was, complained that he didn't think the people would come back to hear Rodrick preach, complained about the flies, made sandwiches while Rodrick did the actual work of handing out tracts, annoyed people stuck in traffic by forcing tracts on them, and in general tried his best to take credit for all of Rodrick's work. Rodrick is clearly the actual missionary here and it seems like people who are interested go to him, not John. 

John is trying to be clever again. He isn't clever.

We had a whirlwind 36 hour S.S.E.E. trip (Scripture Saturation Evangelism Excursion) 

He uses S.S.E.E. several times. 

ETA: Since John doesn't understand a word Rodrick is actually telling these folks, he has no idea what Rodrick is saying to make people interested. John would be super easy to scam. 

@Bethella, the extended visits home are called furlough in the Southern Baptist Church.  I don't know if they're called furlough elsewhere.  

22 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Bethella, the extended visits home are called furlough in the Southern Baptist Church.  I don't know if they're called furlough elsewhere.  

Yep, that's the word, I just couldn't remember it while I was writing that post.

BroJo, king of vague, at his best again 

IMG_2301.PNG

IMG_2302.PNG

I've been through some really discouraging things lately, even today, but God has really been helping me.

I even had a Brother in Christ throw almost all my recent struggles and seeming failures in my face this evening in a very accusatory manner. That's never easy to hear. He even called me some really hurtful names!

Well it is about fucking time some other Christians start doing this. 

Wish we could pat the fellow on the back and take him out for supper. Well done for standing up to John. :clap:

Huge thank yous to everyone keeping us blocked folk in the loop.

I even had a Brother in Christ throw almost all my recent struggles and seeming failures in my face this evening in a very accusatory manner. That's never easy to hear. He even called me some really hurtful names!

Interesting use of qualifiers, John.  And the use of hurtful names meant this person's  frustration with John finally went nuclear, because I'm sure John is THAT annoying. 

Could the brother in Christ have been Rea? Roderick?

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Could the brother in Christ have been Rea? Roderick?

Not Rea because he probably doesn't see to much wrong with what John is doing since he is doing the same things. Plus I doubt he and John are on speaking terms.  And if it was Rodrick I think John would automatically claim he is no longer saved. This had to have been a white, American IFB Christian who hasn't had a previous falling out with John. Possible one of the other local IFB missionaries who has been helping John. 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:16 PM, PennySycamore said:

Southern Baptists fund missions differently from IFB.

IFB calls it "deputation".

16 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Southern Baptists fund missions differently from IFB.

IFB calls it "deputation".

Another word for begging.:content:

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Not Rea because he probably doesn't see to much wrong with what John is doing since he is doing the same things. Plus I doubt he and John are on speaking terms.  And if it was Rodrick I think John would automatically claim he is no longer saved. This had to have been a white, American IFB Christian who hasn't had a previous falling out with John. Possible one of the other local IFB missionaries who has been helping John. 

How terrible that I thought   It must be another white dude too

You know John too well :(

If it was one of his converts he'd have mentioned him by name, linked their FB page, and stated he was worried about them because they'd gone astray like he has with all of the others. 

25 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

If it was one of his converts he'd have mentioned him by name, linked their FB page, and stated he was worried about them because they'd gone astray like he has with all of the others. 

Unless the person hasn't got a face book page or has made it private to keep John boy away. 

Hope this is the case.

It had to have been a white American who is in pretty good standing with people who support John or he would have trashed him and called him a so-called Christian. Whoever did this is a person John couldn't cast doubt on his salvation. 

:popcorn: this may be interesting , if John boy feels put upon enough to let us know.

Do any white missionaries help John? Are they all hiding in the bushes when his cavalcade rolls into town?

19 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

:popcorn: this may be interesting , if John boy feels put upon enough to let us know.

Don't be ridiculous!  John only airs other people's dirty laundry.  We just get hints about how virtuous he is in the face of Satan's ongoing assaults...and how Satan only attacks him because he is doing God's work so very well.  

Though I must confess that I do wish that some other people would share more about his "recent struggles and seeming failures." It'd be incredible to hear from those with whom he's interacted about how he operates in real life.  I am specifically curious about how he treats his converts (including those rumors about him trying to force people to go places illegally), but more information in general would be so lovely.  

Perhaps with the blessing of Rufus such a request will be granted.  

45 minutes ago, Freejin said:

I'm just surprised that he still considers the person who criticized him a Brother in Christ. 

He has probably had lots of push back from non Humpers already. He has to sound forgiving. Even if that's a totally alien concept to him from everything gleaned so far?

John is right.  It is easy to be thankful for horrible things.  Here are my four things I'm thankful for.

1.  That I never have to meet John.

2.  That I never have to hear him preach.

3.  That he has virtually no converts to his ugly religion.

4.  That he's a lying liar who lies and isn't getting away with it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived