IGNORED

Taryn does not disappoint

Hisey

I apologize if this has been posted already, but I did want to share this with Taryn's fans. She is commenting on ZZ's latest post about Christian music.

I am a grandmother of 5 granddaughters and I attend a Baptist church. The idea of a granddaughter taking ballet or other dance classes upsets me(they learn weird songs like Ring Around the Rosy). I don't think it's modest. I do not like the wordly music(Contemporary Country,Contemporary "Christian",etc.) that would cause dancing. kingdombaptist.org has some interesting articles where he writes about music and dancing. I don't like the history of circle or line dancing,etc. The Bible does talk about evil and lustful dancing(Ex.32:19,Mat.14:6). The music we have in our church would not cause dancing or hip swaying. I would not encourage my granddaughters to dance-right now I sing Jesus Loves Me, the hymns,the ABC song to/with them. We don't even sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star at my house. I am not a fan of wishing-on stars,cakes(no candles)wishing wells,etc. and do not like the history of those things. We aren't Disney music fans(book-Disney and the Bible). I don't like the idea of my granddaughters in sports either. I know Psalm 30:11,etc.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Taryn. I love her so. I have never known someone against Ring Around the Rosy but I guess it is kind of weird to have a bunch of kids pretend to be dead. So there you go, I agree with Taryn.

Can you imagine if Taryn was your grandmother or MIL?!?! :o The horror!!!!

Wait... I'm confused. She says she knows Psalm 30:11 after a post all about how dancing is bad. Psalm 30:11 (KJ) says: "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;" That says to me that dancing is the opposite of mourning, so... it is good, yes?

Am I confused or is Taryn confused? Of course it is possible there is a "but..." coming and she just didn't finish her thought.

Wait... I'm confused. She says she knows Psalm 30:11 after a post all about how dancing is bad. Psalm 30:11 (KJ) says: "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;" That says to me that dancing is the opposite of mourning, so... it is good, yes?

Am I confused or is Taryn confused? Of course it is possible there is a "but..." coming and she just didn't finish her thought.

Yeah, she'll probably make at least another two comments right after the first within the hour, she usually does. But they will probably in no way relate to their first.

Being miserable is good in Fundy Land or Taryn World, would be my guess. Well, that and she is an idiot.

I called my sister and she agrees with me that you should not sing the ABC song to little children. The part that goes H-I-J-K stands for "hell is Jesus' kingdom." Also, it makes reference to Sesame Street and bodily functions (Elmo's Pee). Sesame Street is bad because it has a talking bird and a grouch, neither of these are in the Bible (KJV). I like root beer floats. PBS is funded by tax-payer's dollars, this is wrong "give onto God what is god and give onto ceasar what is ceasar's (Jesus, NT, KJV, free download Kindle). I don't let my nephew (2 1/2) watch my cat use the litter box, it is crude. I do like to sign Mary Had a Little Lamb, children are the lambs of god (kj).

I would not encourage my granddaughters to dance-right now I sing Jesus Loves Me, the hymns,the ABC song to/with them. We don't even sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star at my house.

Kind of interesting that those two songs have the same exact tune... LOLOL

I called my sister and she agrees with me that you should not sing the ABC song to little children. The part that goes H-I-J-K stands for "hell is Jesus' kingdom." Also, it makes reference to Sesame Street and bodily functions (Elmo's Pee). Sesame Street is bad because it has a talking bird and a grouch, neither of these are in the Bible (KJV). I like root beer floats. PBS is funded by tax-payer's dollars, this is wrong "give onto God what is god and give onto ceasar what is ceasar's (Jesus, NT, KJV, free download Kindle). I don't let my nephew (2 1/2) watch my cat use the litter box, it is crude. I do like to sign Mary Had a Little Lamb, children are the lambs of god (kj).

twin2, I adore you. :dance:

Well, that explains everything! :D

If she looked into the history of Ring Around the Rosie

"Ring around the Rosie"--refers to a red mark, supposedly the first sign of the plague

---"A pocket full of posies"-- refers to sachets of herbs carried to ward off infection

---"Ashes, ashes" --either a reference to the cremation of plague victims or to the words said in the funeral Mass..."Ashes to ashes, dust to dust." Sometimes line three is rendered as "Atischoo, atischoo"--sneezing, another sign of infection.

---"We all fall down." -- The Plague was not selective in its victims; both rich and poor, young and old, succumbed.

There are other interpretations but this one seems to be a logical one. That said, Taryn wouldn't know logic if it bit her on the butt.

Guest Anonymous
I apologize if this has been posted already, but I did want to share this with Taryn's fans. She is commenting on ZZ's latest post about Christian music.

I am a grandmother of 5 granddaughters and I attend a Baptist church. The idea of a granddaughter taking ballet or other dance classes upsets me(they learn weird songs like Ring Around the Rosy). I don't think it's modest. I do not like the wordly music(Contemporary Country,Contemporary "Christian",etc.) that would cause dancing. kingdombaptist.org has some interesting articles where he writes about music and dancing. I don't like the history of circle or line dancing,etc. The Bible does talk about evil and lustful dancing(Ex.32:19,Mat.14:6). The music we have in our church would not cause dancing or hip swaying. I would not encourage my granddaughters to dance-right now I sing Jesus Loves Me, the hymns,the ABC song to/with them. We don't even sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star at my house. I am not a fan of wishing-on stars,cakes(no candles)wishing wells,etc. and do not like the history of those things. We aren't Disney music fans(book-Disney and the Bible). I don't like the idea of my granddaughters in sports either. I know Psalm 30:11,etc.

If they're this dingbat's grand-daughters and not her daughters, then their taste in recreation is none of her goddamn business.

Whats the difference between wishing and praying for something?

Prayer is an attempt to manipulate god into giving you what you want. Once read a Wiccan joke. What's the difference between prayer and spell casting? Spelling.

Funny thing is, if god is already omnipotent and omniscient, they god would already know what you need, and prayer is moot. Unless one wishes to suggest that gods ego needs prayer (or praise) in order for god to show favoritism or even bare acknowledgement, (reward?) towards the faithful.

Kind of interesting that those two songs have the same exact tune... LOLOL

I wonder if she allows Baa Baa Black Sheep....

(My sister was very confused when my niece was younger because she was singing random lines from each song mixed up, like "ABCDEFG, have you any wool, up above the world so high.....")

I've got nothing tonight. I'm trying but nothing is coming. lol

Being Taryn is hard work, after all those "magics" won't marker themselves out.

This made my evening! :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

It's ok, we all have those nights.

I'm having a weird flashback to a funny incident at Mardi Gras from over 20 years ago. Have no idea how this fits into anything, may be the glass of wine.

Once did a round of "Wheels on the bus' for my nephew. It had such lines as 'and the captain on the bus said 'beam me up, beam me up' ' and the Colonel on the bus said dial the gate, dial the gate' or such ditties as 'the zombies on the buss said 'brains brains brains'. I bet those would not go over well with fundies. But us nerds like 'em.

We should be careful that Taryn doesn't read this. She's likely to believe it.

We should be careful that Taryn doesn't read this. She's likely to believe it.

Oh, goody! A future entry for snopes.com.

Truthfully, I think taryn is saying she understands that Psalm 30:11 says dancing is good, but she knows better. *snerk*

Once did a round of "Wheels on the bus' for my nephew. It had such lines as 'and the captain on the bus said 'beam me up, beam me up' ' and the Colonel on the bus said dial the gate, dial the gate' or such ditties as 'the zombies on the buss said 'brains brains brains'. I bet those would not go over well with fundies. But us nerds like 'em.

Ok now I'm going to have to make sure I get some grandchildren soon just so I can use these lyrics.

Archived