IGNORED

The Boyer Sisters: Part 4

samurai_sarah

I have just had a read through a few posts on the blog and found it pretty boring. The only thing that really stood out to me to comment on is a BEC comment about how annoying the 'hello dears' opener that is used a lot- it is something people from the older generation tend to say. They dress in 1940's fashion; they weren't born in the 1940's!

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, purplepeony said:

I have just had a read through a few posts on the blog and found it pretty boring. The only thing that really stood out to me to comment on is a BEC comment about how annoying the 'hello dears' opener that is used a lot- it is something people from the older generation tend to say. They dress in 1940's fashion; they weren't born in the 1940's!

I know lots of people born in the 40s or before and absolutely none of them say it. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know lots of people born in the 40s or before and absolutely none of them say it. 

i was purely basing this on my grandmas who both were born in the 40's and both call me dear.

21 minutes ago, purplepeony said:

i was purely basing this on my grandmas who both were born in the 40's and both call me dear.

I think it's probably just regional and the Boyer sisters picked it up because they think people in the 40s always said it and probably think it sounds cute. 

My grandparents, who were born in 1930, called each other "babe" and it was adorable. My grandma was also the Betty Draper type who never went without lipstick and always had a drink ready for my grandpa when he got home from work. God I miss that woman.

22 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Multiple photos of Jessica looking her usual winsome self in one of the altered blouses (it is an unattractive floral) and those dreadful denim palazzo pants.

She should have bought some coordinating bias tape or made some from the fabric of the discarded sleeves. The edges of the armholes look unfinished if you zoom in. 

I think she just folded the edges under and stitched it on the machine.  It's probably less obvious than bias tape would be.   Where the fabric pattern fell was a bit unfortunate in a couple of spots.

50 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think she just folded the edges under and stitched it on the machine.  It's probably less obvious than bias tape would be.   Where the fabric pattern fell was a bit unfortunate in a couple of spots.

I don't think she stitched anything under, it looks like she just took pinking shears to the sleeves really close to the seam and then washed the whole thing

56 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

I don't think she stitched anything under, it looks like she just took pinking shears to the sleeves really close to the seam and then washed the whole thing

Which is what I, as a definite non-seamstress, would do to make a sleeveless shirt. But I wouldn't make an entire blog post about it.

4 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Well it looks like the exciting new change is... Shilling Essential Oils! Gosh how novel. 

Screenshot_2017-04-22-14-25-36.png

Oh how exciting-witing. They're probably going to reveal a custom blend called "Dearie."

You know the five different photos of BoyerSister in that blouse were so much more helpful and useful than photos of how to actually alter the blouse would have been.  The second photo in particular - I mean it added exactly nothing to my knowledge of the sleeves or the technique, but I so appreciated the modesty of five photos of her.  If I put up 5 photos of myself on Facebook in the same outfit I'm sure everyone would be admiring my modesty too.

All the eyerolls at the "sneak peek".  Grow up.  Nice to know they're heading in the "Christian and without two brain cells to rub together" direction.  Shilling magic potions (including those derived from other religions)  and spells ahoy!

So Gabe (if you're still around and actually who you say you are) - why are your sisters-in-law dipping into the "dark side" of magical oils whose magic and traditional uses can derive from other religions or belief systems like Hinduism?  The horrors.  Will they be finding themselves in Wicca or Buddhism next perhaps?  Not that there's anything at all wrong with that of course but I'd guess we have different views on non-Christian religions.  Why do you think the magic and wondrous uses of these oils were revealed via non-Christian gods instead of by your one true Christian God?

Well crap on a cracker. Looks like Jessica and Charlotte are gonna be peddling essential oils for pyramid scheme Young Living. Sadly the sisters are way too late to the EO shilling party, as the market got ridiculously oversaturated with every SAHM and SAHD becoming distributors for Young Living or DoTerra back in 2014-2015. Hell, even non-EO MLMs like Scentsy, Forever Living, and Origami Owl are trying to peddle EOs alongside their other pyramid scheme wears even though that fad has passed...

(There's nothing wrong with using essential oils as a natural alternative to other synthetic fragrances/as aromatherapy... But their outrageous pseudoscience claims that they're a cure all/miracle product helps spread seriously false and potentially dangerous information to folks who tend to believe everything they read at face value...)

Charlotte's latest Instagram post features Einkorn (a whole other whackadoodle kick that fundies like Zsuzsanna Anderson embrace with claims that it cures environmental allergies...) and the trainwreck that is LuLaRoe... I seriously hope she got that Perfect T on a discount, because if she dropped $36 (possibly plus tax and shipping) on that ugly print, Charlotte is exactly the type of person who would be scooped up to be a consultant on that sinking ship...

I wonder if Charlotte is praying about wearing Dorito-print leggings now that she's accepted wearing skinny jeans. 

(And there's nothing wrong with wearing leggings! I just got a new pair in the mail on Friday - from Torrid, because I have a huge butt and plus-sized women can wear skinny jeans and cigarette pants and leggings all day if they want to! - that has the cutest little cactus and agave print on a charcoal background. Absolutely perfect for a desert dweller like me that happens to worship the agave plant for its revolutionary contribution to the world - tequila!)

Good catch!  Bet she is.  I look forward to blog posts about how to retro style the hideous LuLaRoe "unicorns" someone couldn't sell or a million modest photos of her looking at a tree, playing with her hair, coyly smiling beyond the camera, twirling as she laughs and looking down at her hand in chihuahua-coming-out-of-a-vulva leggings (anyone else seen them? NOOO!) and a garish multicoloured shirt.

(Ugly print below)

chihuavulva.jpg

2 minutes ago, jozina said:

Good catch!  Bet she is.  I look forward to blog posts about how to retro style the hideous LuLaRoe "unicorns" someone couldn't sell or a million modest photos of her looking at a tree, playing with her hair, coyly smiling beyond the camera, twirling as she laughs and looking down at her hand in chihuahua-coming-out-of-a-vulva leggings (anyone else seen them? NOOO!) and a garish multicoloured shirt.

(Ugly print below)

I absolutely love all the hideous prints that ended up looking like genitalia (either as an all over print or those print misplacements that just had to be intentional as a big "eff you!" to the terrible working conditions those folks in Guatemala/Vietnam/China those poor factory workers are put through to mass produce this crap)... Those possessed chihuahua leggings always crack me up every time they pop up on Facebook because the print designer had to know what they were doing! 

15 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Yes, that is exactly what she did because the sleeve shoulder seam was "finished" and the frayed in the wash pinked bit looks "distressed."  I think it looks a bit scruffy but if it floats her boat, fine.

She did get a couple of comments on that post from readers who aren't allowed to wear sleeveless shirts for modesty reasons.  

1 hour ago, jozina said:

(Ugly print below)

chihuavulva.jpg

My God!  Are those LulaRoe too?  I wish I knew someone on that scam because @Curious really needs those hideous vulva + chihuahua leggings!

::runs away and hides from Curious::

2 hours ago, charmedforsure said:

Sadly the sisters are way too late to the EO shilling party, as the market got ridiculously oversaturated with every SAHM and SAHD becoming distributors for Young Living or DoTerra back in 2014-2015.

Agreed.  They missed that bus months ago.  Mind you, a dab of lavender essential oil is supposed to do wonders for skin break outs.  I was given some for Christmas and had to look up all its miraculous properties.

Perhaps we should start a countdown to when they start selling Plexus.

@Palimpsest The best thing about Lularoe is that despite the "thou shalt only buy through parties/facebook" edicts, a ton of them end up on eBay,*even thought it's against the rules zomg*, because once sellers have paid the (IIRC) $4,000 it costs to set up, recouping any losses is a great idea.  So, if you're feeling sisterly, you can purchase:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LuLaRoe-TC-chihuahua-leggings/152515412644?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40130%26meid%3D0d8ed4f6e3324466aa82d4997fa615dd%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D222036289751

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lularoe-Leggings-TC-Tall-And-Curvy-Chihuahua/252888586582?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40130%26meid%3Db299ef7cdfbf4f1e912290b818a690d0%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D162031460170

(Basically, if anyone ever wants LLR products, google them, because they are everywhere online)

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

So, if you're feeling sisterly, you can purchase:

:lol: I am sorely tempted - although Curious will probably kill me!  It seems those chihuahua monstrosities are highly desirable though.  Those leggings are $32 and $39 while other LLR designs are on sale for only $13 $7:50

What is the quality of LLR?  None of the clothes look very nice to me.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

:lol: I am sorely tempted - although Curious will probably kill me!  It seems those chihuahua monstrosities are highly desirable though.  Those leggings are $32 and $39 while other LLR designs are on sale for only $13.

What is the quality of LLR?  None of the clothes look very nice to me.

I find most all of it to be very frumpy looking and there are very few patterns I would consider wearing. I do think I'd like the Randy tee and a few of the a-line dresses. I have a number of friends who are obsessed. According to them LLR wears considerably well IF you take care of it properly. Of course, that means hand wash and hang dry. As if I have time for that. I do have one pair of leggings because a friend gifted them to me; they're very soft and feel nice against my skin, but they make me hot. 

I get so annoyed when I participate in what is supposed to be an artisan event and I am surrounded by MLMers.  Those vulva chihuahua leggings are a first for me - what a pattern, didn't even notice the vulva at first.  Hilarious!  At he last craft show I visited, but just as a shopper, there was a lady selling leggings for some MLM company and I had not realized it was a thing until then.  Fyi, Plexus has made it to Canada folks.

Regarding LLR quality, they are currently being sued for producing leggings that get holes in the first wearing.

I picked up a couple of LLR items, brand new with tags still attached and everything, at Goodwill a while back. The fabric is very flimsy, and I never wore the dress I bought because once I got it home I realized it was pretty much see-through.

8 hours ago, jozina said:

(Ugly print below)

chihuavulva.jpg

Must...submit...to...vaginahuahua...

Seriously, though, those eyes. It's kind of mesmerizing, seeing it crown like that.

If they ever do move on to Plexus, I hope somebody tips off Jill Rodrigues so we can watch the online fundie catfight. That's J-Rod's corner!

1 hour ago, Naga Viper said:

If they ever do move on to Plexus, I hope somebody tips off Jill Rodrigues so we can watch the online fundie catfight. That's J-Rod's corner!

I have several months of catching up to do on the Rodrigues family, but I have a quick question. Is David selling the Plexus stuff with Jill, or is he still trying to do the printing ministry?  

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I have several months of catching up to do on the Rodrigues family, but I have a quick question. Is David selling the Plexus stuff with Jill, or is he still trying to do the printing ministry?  

Thanks!

He is not. But he is drinking the pink stuff and recently did the belly-buster challenge with Jill for eight or ten days. It didn't work :cry:.

Now, as to the printing ministry, there has been scant time for this as they have been on the road caterwauling at church meetings for the last few months. 

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Regarding LLR quality, they are currently being sued for producing leggings that get holes in the first wearing.

Yes, I had heard that. I got a pair of LLR leggings as a gift and they were super soft and comfy  - but they got a giant hole the very first time I wore them.  Good thing I only wear leggings around the house!

I do have a few of the skirts. They have one model of skirt (Azure) that is A-line and the material seems to be decent. I like them because they have a flattering cut. Also, the waistline was super-stretchy so I could wear them all through my pregnancy without having to shell out for maternity skirts.

I have friends who collect LLR by the Rubbermaid tub full, and I just don't understand it. Most of the prints don't do much for me, and I'd be afraid to wear leggings that might disintegrate. There must be an audience, though, because my not-so-huge town has at least 20 salespeople that I know of.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived