IGNORED

Joy and Austin: dating with a purpose .... or something (part 4)

Destiny

4 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

I'd love to see Joy do something like this, she's never been super girly-girl and I hope she doesn't try to look like someone she's not for the wedding. I feel like this idea would be right up her alley:

image.jpeg

I'd love to see Joy elope in the right outfit. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I feel like Joy would go for something simpler- no lace or sparkles or ruffles or fringe. Tbh, I could see her in a dress like Anna's

Edit: While looking at wedding dresses for Joy, I found this. IT HAS POCKETS!!! I WANT IT!

97494cfb0068ef09d0da9ee7c3e95be6.jpg

Reminds me of the Dr. Who episode where he meets Donna Noble and she has to keep reminding g him that her wedding dress doesn't have pockets.

YES, I'm on the Joy in a short wedding dress bandwagon.  I see her in a dress like this, with the back covered of course. with a birdcage veil or a facinator and either barefoot or with cowboy boots. 

t-font-b-Wedding-b-font-font-b-Dresses-b-font-2015-New-Sweetheart-Retro-White.jpg

When I first saw Joy and Austin's most recent video, I thought the interviewer was the young lady Nathan Bates had a courtship with. Only when I googled her name (Dani Starr?) did I realize it's not the same young woman.

7 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I feel like Joy would go for something simpler- no lace or sparkles or ruffles or fringe. Tbh, I could see her in a dress like Anna's

Edit: While looking at wedding dresses for Joy, I found this. IT HAS POCKETS!!! I WANT IT!

97494cfb0068ef09d0da9ee7c3e95be6.jpg

I LOVE this dress- bridal or not!

duggarfamilyblog has just posted a video of Austin asking to court Joy!

He passed all the preliminary tests: he placed the phrase "has a heart of the Lord", called JimBob "sir" at least 20 times in less than 5 minutes, and hinted at high income from his flipping houses business.

Best moment of the video: when he has to list qualities he likes in Joy and ends by saying awkwardly "err... her beauty".

This time JimBob has decided not to involve Joy in the process, unlike he did with Jessa...

I wonder if the courtship requests are actually that awk or is it because they have to retake each one several times and run with the one that is not too creepy.

Jim Bob: What do you like about Joy? 

Austin: She's a good delegator.. err.. her beauty. 

Profound, mate. 

And I got so annoyed by Austin calling JB Mr Jim Bob. 

23 minutes ago, elvirajane said:

This time JimBob has decided not to involve Joy in the process, unlike he did with Jessa...

I havn't watched the video. Because zzzzzzzzzz ...

But what does this mean? Did Joy not know Austin liked her? Did she have no say in this courting? Could she had turned it down?

In my mind Austin and Joy have liked eachother for years and are both super happy to be courting and will live happily ever after and keep their hating crazy religious beliefs for them selves. Because I sleep better at night that way. 

Is it that different than Derrick and Jill? Didn't Derrick ask JB alone in Nepal if he could court Jill, and he pretty much said you have my permission but you have to ask her. Then he asked her. If Austin asked JB without Joy there, and then asked her later, isn't that not any different?

I didn't watch the video, so maybe I'm missing something. I think Jessa was the only one that was brought in to be asked in front of JB&M.

1 minute ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Is it that different than Derrick and Jill? Didn't Derrick ask JB alone in Nepal if he could court Jill, and he pretty much said you have my permission but you have to ask her. Then he asked her. If Austin asked JB without Joy there, and then asked her later, isn't that not any different?

I didn't watch the video, so maybe I'm missing something. I think Jessa was the only one that was brought in to be asked in front of JB&M.

Poor Jessa. I feel like she got the worse deal out of the lot. Not as far as guys , but having to wait longer than Jill to get married after she was courting first and then being told only side hugs and jinger gets to dry hump Jeremy....poor thing.

Is that the prayer closet they're in? 

I know JB likes to drag out these courtship-blessings conversations but I'm just seeing the $ signs in his eyes. Poor Joy, having great delegation skills and work ethic. She's gonna need it. 

17 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Poor Jessa. I feel like she got the worse deal out of the lot. Not as far as guys , but having to wait longer than Jill to get married after she was courting first and then being told only side hugs and jinger gets to dry hump Jeremy....poor thing.

I don't think Jessa got the short end in having to "court" longer, I think Jill & Derrick rushed things of all the married sisters THEY had the shortest getting to know you/courting/engagement time. JinJer may say they were on the fast track but they were talking for what, a year before Jeremy started to play the Duggar game, and they rushed through that because they both wanted the hell away from the insanity that was Jinger's home.  Jill rushed everything to be the 1st Duggar daughter married, pregnant and to have a kid because it is all about Jill in her world. 

I did find it interesting that JD & Austin are friends and JD new Austin's intentions even before Boob. I get the impression JD takes his role as big brother VERY serious and has looked out for his sisters, at least the 5 oldest , whom he is much closer to simply because their ages, Joy is only 8 years younger than JD where as Hannie is 15/16 years younger than JD. and Josie is almost 20 years younger. So JD was a young child when Joy was born You get past Jed & Jer and you have well over 10 years between JD & the howlers. 

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Joy is going to be surprised by Austin asking her to court. JB did not enter Joy into a courtship without her consent. She can say no.

So have Austin and Joy talked about this at all? Are they in some sort of precourtship getting to know eachother state?

Or is this basically a family friend asking her out if the blue if she wants to prepare for marriage and endless babies?

Their lives scare me. 

I just watched the video. To me it sounded like Austin and Joy were in the 'special friend' phase and were hoping to start a courtship, but had basically been told they'd have to wait a while. For some reason Jim Bob decided to let them start courting earlier than expected. I definitely didn't get the impression that Joy had no idea Austin was interested in her or anything like that.

3 hours ago, AlternativeVoice said:

When did you see Jinger dry hump Jeremy? Did I miss something?

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I just watched the video. To me it sounded like Austin and Joy were in the 'special friend' phase and were hoping to start a courtship, but had basically been told they'd have to wait a while. For some reason Jim Bob decided to let them start courting earlier than expected. I definitely didn't get the impression that Joy had no idea Austin was interested in her or anything like that.

That doesn't sound that bad then. :)

Except for all the obvious reasons ...

42 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I agree. It does sound like the "right now" element that they talked about is that Joy was expecting it to be later, not that she wasn't expecting it at all. The question then is whether she ended up feeling pressured by having it be earlier than she anticipated or whether it was a pleasant surprise for her.

They probably pushed it up a little so that they could make the announcement in the end of last season. Anything for the show. Even if you actually agree with the heathens that think your daugther is too young for marriage. 

Well JB did make Austin wait about 30 secs, before he gave his answer. So maybe in JB's mind, the wait was from the beginning of the conversation until the end. JB was probably plotting out on a timeline from courtship to engagement and wedding, and graphing those events with the next season to see at one point the co-ordinates would match. You know, for maximum profitability.

Nothing before the $$$$.

6 hours ago, elvirajane said:

duggarfamilyblog has just posted a video of Austin asking to court Joy!

He passed all the preliminary tests: he placed the phrase "has a heart of the Lord", called JimBob "sir" at least 20 times in less than 5 minutes, and hinted at high income from his flipping houses business.

Best moment of the video: when he has to list qualities he likes in Joy and ends by saying awkwardly "err... her beauty".

I wonder if the courtship requests are actually that awk or is it because they have to retake each one several times and run with the one that is not too creepy.

Am I the only one who got some major Swan Princess flashbacks?

(Also that movie does not know how to write characters; Odette goes from "I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man who values only my looks" to "HEY DEREK WEIRD QUESTION HOW INTO BIRD SEX ARE YOU" in the span of approximately one musical number)

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Theory: Jim Bob let them start courting earlier after he realized that Jinger and Jeremy were not up for letting TLC film the entirety of their honeymoon and newlywed life (complete with incessant visits from the younger Duggarlings), and needed something to fill up the second half of this season.

45 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Theory: Jim Bob let them start courting earlier after he realized that Jinger and Jeremy were not up for letting TLC film the entirety of their honeymoon and newlywed life (complete with incessant visits from the younger Duggarlings), and needed something to fill up the second half of this season.

I'm pretty sure the season ends next week with Wilbur's birth episode. The courtship and eventual engagement (probably already are, given the Family Camp is reserved the last weekend of April for a wedding) will come next "season."

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I'm pretty sure the season ends next week with Wilbur's birth episode. The courtship and eventual engagement (probably already are, given the Family Camp is reserved the last weekend of April for a wedding) will come next "season."

Well, today's episode apparently was the end of this season...but the preview for next season (whenever it starts) indicates that it will include both Henry's birth and Austin asking JB for permission to marry Joy. So yep. More rinse and repeat with babies and marriage.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived