IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

@Ali, thank you for watching, I can't even bear to read the articles about the press conference.  And the whole shady ACA vote overnight is such fucking bullshit.  I can't believe it.  Bastards.  I had hoped that I was overvilifying the Republicans but clearly I wasn't.  I am glad to hear about Rubio grilling Tillerson.  Rubio and a few others were badly burned by the Donald and I hope they use it to keep some of the worst appointees from being cleared. 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Penny said:

I hate the fact that Trump, and Kelleyanne blamed Hillary during the campaign and now blame the press. I hope at some point they will have to take ownership of their mistakes. 

Well, that's what little kids do -- blame someone else. Agent Orange, Kellyanne, and the rest of the sycophants won't ever take ownership of anything unless it makes them look good.

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I remember when the Republicans were foaming at the mouth because Bill Clinton's behavior during the Monica Lewinsky scandal supposedly disgraced the office of President. Trump isn't even in office and he's done more to disgrace the presidency in two months than any person in American history. He will probably make Nixon seem like a paragon of mental stability and restraint, and make Harding (generally considered the most corrupt president thus far) look like a model of virtue and probity.

Heck, Drumpf has done more in one DAY to disgrace the presidency than Nixon and Harding combined.

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

@Ali, thank you for watching, I can't even bear to read the articles about the press conference.  And the whole shady ACA vote overnight is such fucking bullshit.  I can't believe it.  Bastards.  I had hoped that I was overvilifying the Republicans but clearly I wasn't.  I am glad to hear about Rubio grilling Tillerson.  Rubio and a few others were badly burned by the Donald and I hope they use it to keep some of the worst appointees from being cleared. 

I watched some of the Tillerson hearings. I'm not a Rubio fan, but he did a great job. He didn't get emotional, he just kept pushing his point. I may have to call his office on my daily round of calls.

Now Agent Orange is shilling for L.L. Bean

nytimes.com/2017/01/12/us/politics/linda-bean-ll-bean-boycott.html

Faced with calls for a boycott over a Bean family member’s contribution to a political action committee supporting Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign, Shawn Gorman, L.L. Bean’s executive chairman, declared four days ago that “we stay out of politics.”

But then Mr. Trump offered a full-throated endorsement of the company on Thursday, breaching a long tradition of American leaders (or a president-elect) shying away from endorsing specific products.

His tweet appeared to be responding to the thousands of dollars in donations that Linda Bean, who is a granddaughter of the company’s founder, offered to the PAC during his presidential campaign. The donations turned out to be illegal.

Mr. Trump’s tweet, which links to an account for Ms. Bean’s lobster business in Maine but urges Americans to buy L.L. Bean products, immediately put the company in the political cross hairs. Some social media users called the endorsement inappropriate, and others vowed to get rid of their L.L. Bean gear.

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Now Agent Orange is shilling for L.L. Bean

nytimes.com/2017/01/12/us/politics/linda-bean-ll-bean-boycott.html

I wanted to cry when I saw this. I (used to) love L.L. Bean stuff.

"7 questionable claims Donald Trump’s lawyer made while detailing his business plan". It's a lengthy article, here are a couple of quotes:

President-elect Donald Trump's team on Wednesday detailed its long-awaited plan for Trump's business empire during his presidency. And ethics watchdogs were decidedly not impressed.

Trump declined to put his assets into a blind trust, as they had long been urging (and he'd originally said he would — though it's not clear his definition and theirs ever dovetailed to begin with.) Nor will he divest from his foreign interests. He's having his children run his business, which experts say won't completely wall it off. And his team changed course on a previous promise to have the Trump Organization avoid entering into any new deals, saying instead that it won't do new foreign deals but can do domestic ones, subject to thorough review for conflicts of interest.

But in making the presentation, Trump's lawyer, Sheri Dillon, made a number of questionable or misleading claims about what the law states and what the arrangement would mean, according to watchdogs.

6) “Selling, first and foremost, would not eliminate possibilities of conflicts of interest. In fact, it would exacerbate them. The Trump brand is key to the value of the Trump Organization's assets. If President-elect Trump sold his brand, he would be entitled to royalties for the use of it, and this would result in the trust retaining an interest in the brand without the ability to assure that it does not exploit the office of the presidency.”

This sets up a contrast between Trump putting his kids in charge and him just selling his business. But it's something of a false choice. He could just as easily put his assets in a blind trust — as ethics groups have long urged him to do — which would exclude him from receiving royalties.

"Selling would create temporary conflicts problems that would then end," said ethics expert Kathleen Clark of Washington University. "Retaining his ownership of the Trump organization will create a never-ending scandal machine."

7) “Further, it would be impossible to find an institutional trustee that would be competent to run the Trump Organization.”

This basically means nobody is capable of running the Trump Organization besides Trump's kids, which is a bold claim.

In an email, Ryan of Common Cause responded simply: “Lol.”

I love the LOL.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/paul-ryan-town-hall-undocumented-immigrant/index.html

House Speaker Paul Ryan was asked point-blank Thursday by a woman whose parents brought her to the US as an undocumented immigrant at age 11, and who has remained in the country for 21 years since: "Do you think that I should be deported?"

"I can see that you love your daughter and you're a nice person who has a great future ahead of you, and I hope your future's here," Ryan responded during a CNN town hall in Washington moderated by Jake Tapper.

Way nicer than how Santorum responded to the same question.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rick-santorum-dreamers-immigration_us_58481d3ae4b0d0df1837232f

“What most people in America feel is that you’ve been given a tremendous benefit by being here in this country,” Santorum said, adding that he imagined she wouldn’t “have had the opportunities to accomplish what you have” in her country of origin.

“My final point is that you have the ability to go to any other country right now and apply those wares, and be successful, and reapply to come back to America,” Santorum added. “Go and make the world a better place.”

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yes, he can go out shouting "fake news" when it's stuff about him. That's how hypocrites work. Also, junior high schoolers.

And sociopaths. 

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

There's a reason I refer to the former Presidential candidate and Senator from Pennsylvania as Sanscrotum or Frothy.  It's because he's just a nasty person. 

I just want to fuckin' punch Paul Ryan in the face. Here he is tonight yammering on about healthcare and acting like HSAs are some damn new thing he evented today and can take the place of actual insurance. Hey numb nuts, an HSA is not insurance and they have been around for awhile. I have one. I still have to put my own damn money into the account and pay monthly maintenance fees. You can only put so much into the account each year. I put the maximum in, but I am still several thousands short between what I can put in yearly and my deductible each year. How are people living paycheck to paycheck going to be able to put any money into an HSA? They need to be able to feed themselves and their family, keep a roof over their head and pay their utilities. I swear to hell these jerks that claim to be for the middle class and poor live so high in their towers they have no damn clue how anyone outside of their club lives. 

Do I think the ACA needs some work? Yes, but what are they thinking just repealing it all together without any type of plan put in place? Don't repeal it all together. Repair what needs to be repaired and expand on it. 

I hope one of these days I can sleep again. Anger and worry about fornicate face's power grab are not conducive to sleeping.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, tropaka said:

In the spirit of his other appointments, Trump has asked a vaccine skeptic to head up a panel on vaccine safety:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/313572-trump-asks-vaccine-skeptic-to-lead-commission-on-vaccination-safety

Ah, but they were only "talking."  Like his meetings with Kayne West and Don King.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/robert-f-kennedy-jr-donald-trump-vaccine-commission/index.html

But the Trump transition says no decision has been made on setting up a commission on autism, despite Robert Kennedy Jr. telling reporters he was asked by Trump to chair a committee on vaccination safety.

Well, this is just bizarre, just as bizarre as many other things, but profoundly disrespectful and tone deaf, as usual.   TalkingPointsMemo.com, based on a Washington Post article posted today (Friday, January 13th!) 

Trump Orders DC National Guard Chief To Leave In Middle Of Inaugural Ceremony or rather, to relinquish his command at 12:01 pm on Inauguration day.

In a bizarre move, Donald Trump has demanded that the commanding officer of the Washington, D.C. National Guard resign from his post in the middle of the Inauguration ceremony, even though the general will be in the middle of helping oversee the event's security, the Washington Post reported on Friday.

Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz will be removed from his post at 12:01 p.m. on Inauguration Day, just after Trump is sworn in but before the Inaugural parade begins, according to a memo obtained by the Washington Post.

Schwartz has helped plan the security for Inauguration weekend, and he will be charged with overseeing the D.C. National Guard as well as an additional 5,000 troops sent in for the weekend. But he will have to hand over commend to an interim officer in the middle of Inauguration Day.

“The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz told the Washington Post on Friday.  “My troops will be on the street,” he added. “I’ll see them off but I won’t be able to welcome them back to the armory.”  Schwartz told the Post that he was not informed why he must step down abruptly on Inauguration Day.

“I’m a soldier,” he said. “I’m a presidential appointee, therefore the president has the power to remove me.”

Trump's team has also ordered all politically appointed diplomats to leave their posts by Inauguration Day, breaking with tradition of allowing some ambassadors to stay on as their children finish out the school year.

unlike Barron, who gets to stay in New York to, uh, finish out the school year. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Well, this is just bizarre, just as bizarre as many other things, but profoundly disrespectful and tone deaf, as usual.   TalkingPointsMemo.com, based on a Washington Post article posted today (Friday, January 13th!) 

Trump Orders DC National Guard Chief To Leave In Middle Of Inaugural Ceremony or rather, to relinquish his command at 12:01 pm on Inauguration day.

unlike Barron, who gets to stay in New York to, uh, finish out the school year. 

If I were him, I'd quit right now and tell Trump to figure out his own security.  Fuck him.  That would be my attitude to those antics.

48 minutes ago, Childless said:

If I were him, I'd quit right now and tell Trump to figure out his own security.  Fuck him.  That would be my attitude to those antics.

Yeah Agriculture Secretary and former Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack wasn't waiting around. 

chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-agriculture-secretary-vilsack-leaving-usda-20170113-story.html

Secretary Tom Vilsack left the Agriculture Department a week before his tenure ends and before President-elect Donald Trump has chosen his replacement.

Vilsack, who has led USDA for eight years and was President Barack Obama's longest-serving Cabinet secretary, told employees in an email that Friday is his final day. The email did not say why he was leaving early. He has said he wants to remain involved with agriculture after leaving government, but has not detailed those plans.

As Vilsack leaves the department — aides said Friday morning that the former Iowa governor had left the building and was boarding a flight to his home state — some in farm country are worried that agriculture may be a low priority for the new administration. It is the only Cabinet position Trump has not moved to fill, yet rural voters were key to delivering him the presidency.

"When that individual is named, he or she will be at a tremendous disadvantage, in terms of getting up to speed on all this department does," Vilsack said in a statement, noting he was confirmed on Obama's first day in office.

I don't blame him for getting out of there early.  

For those in "farm country" who are worried about who Agent Fornicate Face is choosing, well, bed, made, lie.  These farmers wanted that orange idiot  in so they can live with the consequences if some fornicate head gets chosen to head up agriculture.

I just saw this on Facebook :laughing-rolling:

FB_IMG_1484340775514.jpg

15 hours ago, Mecca said:

I just want to fuckin' punch Paul Ryan in the face. Here he is tonight yammering on about healthcare and acting like HSAs are some damn new thing he evented today and can take the place of actual insurance. Hey numb nuts, an HSA is not insurance and they have been around for awhile. I have one. I still have to put my own damn money into the account and pay monthly maintenance fees. You can only put so much into the account each year. I put the maximum in, but I am still several thousands short between what I can put in yearly and my deductible each year. How are people living paycheck to paycheck going to be able to put any money into an HSA? They need to be able to feed themselves and their family, keep a roof over their head and pay their utilities. I swear to hell these jerks that claim to be for the middle class and poor live so high in their towers they have no damn clue how anyone outside of their club lives. 

Do I think the ACA needs some work? Yes, but what are they thinking just repealing it all together without any type of plan put in place? Don't repeal it all together. Repair what needs to be repaired and expand on it. 

Is this what that fool was running his mouth about yesterday? A few people I thought were intelligent, shared his speech on Facebook like it was cool. I didn't bother to watch. They are idiots. I hate people. 

ETA - in fact, one of those individuals has bitched for years about how difficult it is to afford insurance coverage as a self employed individual! I'm going to need to see proof that she has a brain. 

I guess my sense of humor is really sinking, as I looked at this article.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dons-portable-toilet-names-covered-inauguration-183314522.html

It's the great port-a-potty cover-up for President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration.

Workers preparing for the inauguration Jan. 20 have taped over the name of the company — "Don's Johns" — that has long supplied portable restrooms for major outdoor events in the nation's capital.

Virginia-based Don's Johns calls itself the Washington area's top provider of portable toilet rentals. But the name apparently strikes too close to home for inaugural organizers.

Workers have placed blue tape over the company name on dozens of portable restrooms installed near the Capitol for the inauguration.

Robert Weghorst, chief operating officer for Don's Johns, said he did not know the logos were covered up until the AP reported on it, lighting up his company switchboard and "blowing up" its social media accounts.

"We don't know why it's being done. We didn't tell someone to do it," he said in a telephone interview Friday. "We're proud to have our name on the units."

Don's Johns has provided portable toilets for many large events in Washington, including the 2009 and 2013 inauguration ceremonies for President Barack Obama, Weghorst said. No logos were taped over during those events, he said.

In other words, Don doesn't want anyone to think about how crappy is term in office is going to be. Given his tweeting history, I'm a little surprised that he isn't requiring the company to change its name. 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

FB_IMG_1484340775514.jpg

Oh my Lord, that made me smile.  Yeah we need to definitely make sure that Agent Orange was actually born the normal way and not summoned by the devil.

And we need to amend the Constitution to say that no one summoned by Lucifer is eligible to run for President.

52 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I guess my sense of humor is really sinking, as I looked at this article.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dons-portable-toilet-names-covered-inauguration-183314522.html

In other words, Don doesn't want anyone to think about how crappy is term in office is going to be. Given his tweeting history, I'm a little surprised that he isn't requiring the company to change its name. 

Yeah the people at Don's Johns should count their blessings.  Depending on how much damage Agent Fornicate Face does they might not want the names on the shitters there.

28 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

snip

Yeah the people at Don's Johns should count their blessings.  Depending on how much damage Agent Fornicate Face does they might not want the names on the shitters there.

Actually, that's not a bad place for the Groper in Chief's name to be. Maybe his picture could be there too. It might help some guys' aim.

And, to be really clear, I'm referring to the way porta potties seats tend to be soaked in urine.

13 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Actually, that's not a bad place for the Groper in Chief's name to be. Maybe his picture could be there too. It might help some guys' aim.

Of course someone made Agent Orange urinal mats already....

TrumpMat.png

I'm surprised Agent Orange hasn't demanded that the Don's Johns, at least the ones along the parade route, be gold-plated. Of course, being the massive germaphobe that he is, it's not like he would ever deign to use one.

The anchor on one of our local news programs was speculating whether or not Agent Orange, Melania, and the spawn would get out and walk at least part of the parade route. My guess is no. He's only into fake populism, not real action.

We are now a week until the inauguration and he still going to keep the job with ALL THE QUESTIONS NOT ANSWERED and RUSSIA INTERFERING?!

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The anchor on one of our local news programs was speculating whether or not Agent Orange, Melania, and the spawn would get out and walk at least part of the parade route. My guess is no. He's only into fake populism, not real action.

I think he's going to walk next to the new first lady . . . Ivanka. 

And I'm sure his ferret-faced sons will be there too. The older two. I can't decide if Melania will be there or not. If she does show up, how is Trump going to decide who to dance with at the balls, his wife or his daughter. 

Slightly off topic: I'm watching the concert dedication for the new African American Smithsonian and POTUS and FLOTUS are obviously there and I was just like wow they're getting into it and enjoying themselves and it's awesome and then it hit me again that we won't see this anymore. Like who will go to these events? Trump barely wants to come to DC so why would he he attend these events? Also I'm curious about sports teams and such stopping by these next 4 years. I know a few NBC players like Lebron James said absolutely not if the Cavs won again within these 4 years, will others follow?

Also thought I saw his Ferret/mayonnaise son Junior in the crowd and forgot to breath but it was a false alarm! I agree that it's gonna be Ivanka, his sons and Poor Tiff in the background.

Also another random off topic-ish: I was talking to my sister's friend over facebook about the women's march and her friend's in law I'm assuming commented about it and was bringing SUCH random things into the conversation. We were talking about how inclusive it was and the women was bringing up how Malia had a internship on HBO with Girls and how of course we just "need" to give him a chance and just because he's been a hot mess for a while doesn't mean it will continue in his presidency! It was just bizarre cause I really wanted to comment and just wonder how any of this has to do with the women's march and I know I've seen other Trump supporters talk non-related nonsense that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

Sorry, I've had a lot of thoughts today and no one to share with :my_biggrin:

Great tweet

#ObamaFarewell  "It's like America's amazing dad is leaving us and mom's new perverted boyfriend just pulled up in his Trans-Am."

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived