IGNORED

Trump 7 - Cheeto in Charge

samurai_sarah

48 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

A guy I know keeps saying the Evil Cheese Puff will be impeached.  I don't see how with a Republican Congress. On one had it wold be delightful to see him go down in disgrace.  But then we have Pence.  

I've said it before, the Republicans play the long con. I really think they have gone along with Agent Orange, knowing that they couldn't stop him, planning behind the scenes to (in six months to a year) pick one of the many questionable things he has done and will do, then they will go public in a high and mighty way, "this far and no further -- to 'protect' American citizens", impeach and remove him, and install Pence, who is exactly what McConnell, Ryan, and the rest of the fuckheads in charge want.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

As long as you don't threaten anybody with physical harm or anything else that violates the TOS, rant away. 

Gotcha.

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I've said it before, the Republicans play the long con. I really think they have gone along with Agent Orange, knowing that they couldn't stop him, planning behind the scenes to (in six months to a year) pick one of the many questionable things he has done and will do, then they will go public in a high and mighty way, "this far and no further -- to 'protect' American citizens", impeach and remove him, and install Pence, who is exactly what McConnell, Ryan, and the rest of the fuckheads in charge want.

It seems to me a lot of times it's not a person's political opponents that wind up putting a stop to them, but their own allies.  Like with Nixon - who looks like a fucking saint compared to Agent Orange - it was the Republicans in Congress who finally put a stop to him. 

5 hours ago, LaParisienne said:

I never had the courage to come over here and read all the stuff about Trump. It was already a bad thing that he was elected ... Anyway, the more he does, the more I'm suprised, and NOT in a fucking good way. Who does he think he is ? Like seriously, what's wong with him? Why does he still have access to his tweeter ? 

I remember him saying something along the line "I will be the president of every american". Yes but no ... Everytimes someone dares to critizise what he says or does, he has to bully that person on twitter. Doesn't he know he looks like a child?

I fear for the future because I'm pretty sure the next french president won't be better than Trump.

The things I always take away from Trump tweets are the comments that boggle our minds, but to me they show how fucking insecure of a person he is. Cheeto seems like he always has to prove how smart, great, rich, whatever, etc, he is so the trumpers support him even more. He doesn't want to be held accountable for anything he says or does. He can play the victim if questioned on anything. He can lie and deny the things that he's said. Sometimes I wish someone would take away his twitter account, but at least his vile comments will always be around to show his embarrassing statements.

I hope that France won't turn out as bad for you as it has here.

7 minutes ago, HeathenBlondie said:

The things I always take away from Trump tweets are the comments that boggle our minds, but to me they show how fucking insecure of a person he is. Cheeto seems like he always has to prove how smart, great, rich, whatever, etc, he is so the trumpers support him even more. He doesn't want to be held accountable for anything he says or does. He can play the victim if questioned on anything. He can lie and deny the things that he's said. Sometimes I wish someone would take away his twitter account, but at least his vile comments will always be around to show his embarrassing statements.

I hope that France won't turn out as bad for you as it has here.

This is so true. So much of Agent Orange's bluster is from insecurity. I wouldn't hate it so much, except that his insecurity is going to make most of our lives hell for the foreseeable future.

Every time I think Kellyanne can't sink any lower, she hits a new level in the sewer: "Kellyanne Conway Says Donald Trump Shouldn’t Be Held Accountable For The Things He Says"

Kellyanne Conway, a key adviser to Donald Trump who ran his 2016 campaign, defended the president-elect’s behavior by saying that journalists should “look at what’s in his heart.”

CNN “New Day” host Chris Cuomo called out Trump for mocking a disabled New York Times reporter during a 2015 rally. But Conway insisted that’s not what he was doing.

“That is not what he did and he has said that 1,000 times,” she said Monday morning. “Why can’t you give him the benefit of the doubt?”

Cuomo shot back, “He can say it a million times but look at the video... he’s making a disgusting gesture on video.”

“Why is everything taken at face value?” she asked. “You can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on this and he’s telling you what was in his heart, you always want to go with what’s come out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart.”

The incident from the 2015 rally came up again Sunday night after Meryl Streep lambasted him during her Golden Globes speech.

“The person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter, someone he outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back,” she said. “It kind of broke my heart.”

Trump responded to Streep on Twitter, saying, “I never ‘mocked’ a disabled reporter (would never do that) but simply showed him ‘groveling’ when he totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad.”

Gee, I guess she's saying Cheeto actually has a heart, I'm not so sure of that...

He had a rant last night about the supposed wall Mexico is totally gonna pay for (yeah right). It was one incredibly long sentence followed by a very short one.  So I tweeted back, "My, how you do run on... sentence."

I feel so proud of myself. Woot!

My aunt was all shocked and she said, "be careful! We don't want to be red flagged." Oh my, it hasn't come to that yet.

Wow. Those comments by Kellyanne are stupid as usual. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I usually decide what kind of person someone is by what comes out of their mouth and their actions. You can have all the heart in the word, but if a person makes hateful comments about everything then to me they're a shitty person. How many times should a person be "given the benefit of the doubt" if they keep fucking up.

12 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Gee, I guess she's saying Cheeto actually has a heart, I'm not so sure of that...

Maybe his heart is full of cholesterol from the fast food and that's why he acts the way he acts :pb_lol:

I watched the clip of Trump mocking a disabled reporter.  And YES, anyone seeing that clip knows that he was ridiculing a disabled report.  I hate this Trump/Kellyanne gaslighting -- no, you didn't see what you clear saw, as in  "Who are you going to believe?  Me or your lying eyes?" 

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

I watched the clip of Trump mocking a disabled reporter.  And YES, anyone seeing that clip knows that he was ridiculing a disabled report.  I hate this Trump/Kellyanne gaslighting -- no, you didn't see what you clear saw, as in  "Who are you going to believe?  Me or your lying eyes?" 

The only person's heart we can accurately assess is our own. We must rely on the words and actions of others to determine what they really believe, and watching Trump has shown me that he is a unrepentant liar. Kellyanne Conway has sold her soul to the proverbial devil, but thankfully, this gaslighting crap won't work on everyone.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

It seems to me a lot of times it's not a person's political opponents that wind up putting a stop to them, but their own allies.  Like with Nixon - who looks like a fucking saint compared to Agent Orange - it was the Republicans in Congress who finally put a stop to him. 

Word, my friend, word.

Speaking of Nixon, I recommend that all of my fellow political junkies watch All The President's Men if you haven't seen it yet. 

I can definitely see him getting impeached.  That is another of my fever dreams. Sadly then there's just Pence but at least he's predictable and won't be on twitter incessantly.  I think you might be onto something @GreyhoundFan with the Republicans being on board. Then they can help pick the VP. Of course my secretest dream is that whatever impeaches Trump takes out Pence too.  

Spoiler

I'm beginning to think the election was rigged, but not in the way everyone thinks.  I think Mike Pence really wanted to run for president, but he was not yet a recognizable name to most of America.  Plus, he'd be up against equally conservative candidates such as Cruz, Rubio, and Santorum, names people actually recognize.  So maybe some voting machines were tampered with during the primaries, so that Trump would win a majority in certain key states, causing the other candidates to drop out.  Then, after Trump is elected and later impeached, Pence becomes president, which was the goal all along.

Wow.  I feel like Darby Shaw in The Pelican Brief.

6 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

As long as you don't threaten anybody with physical harm or anything else that violates the TOS, rant away. 

This. 

Spoiler  
I'm beginning to think the election was rigged, but not in the way everyone thinks.  I think Mike Pence really wanted to run for president, but he was not yet a recognizable name to most of America.  Plus, he'd be up against equally conservative candidates such as Cruz, Rubio, and Santorum, names people actually recognize.  So maybe some voting machines were tampered with during the primaries, so that Trump would win a majority in certain key states, causing the other candidates to drop out.  Then, after Trump is elected and later impeached, Pence becomes president, which was the goal all along.
Wow.  I feel like Darby Shaw in The Pelican Brief.

Yeah it's kind of hard to stand out when running against Agent Fornicate Face, Little Baby Pee Pee Cruz, Combover Kid Rubio, and Frothy Santorum.

I'm not so sure the Republicans will impeach him.  People supposedly voted for him because they were tired of Washington insiders.  If those insiders then get rid of their idiot leader, how many of them would loose their jobs in the next mid term election?  My guess is that they're banking on the fact that he'll loose interest in doing the actual job once he realizes how stressful and difficult it is and that Pence will become the defacto president while Trump moves back to NYC and does whatever.  I think they're just hoping to keep control of him for the next 4 years.  I bet money when it's time for the 2020 primaries that Trump declares the swamp drained and says his job is complete and doesn't run again (I don't think he actually wanted to be president to begin with).  At that point, Pence will run on the Republican ticket.  I believe this is their ultimate plan.  They will eventually get the president they want and not piss off their base in the process.

In the meantime, if everything falls apart (and it will because the Republican plans are insane), the Democrats need to find a good candidate (namely someone the Republicans haven't been trying to smear for the last 25 years) and put together a good platform on how to fix the mess.  Hopefully, the millenials will be more involved in both the primary and general election process next time.  I think Trump is a good example of what happens when you're apathetic.

3 hours ago, Childless said:

In the meantime, if everything falls apart (and it will because the Republican plans are insane), the Democrats need to find a good candidate (namely someone the Republicans haven't been trying to smear for the last 25 years) and put together a good platform on how to fix the mess.  Hopefully, the millenials will be more involved in both the primary and general election process next time.  I think Trump is a good example of what happens when you're apathetic.

I think they need to find a good, hard, pipe hitting liberal to run and not someone who's going to be oh we have to work with the other side, we have to play nice, we must calmly rebut the GOP, and so on.  We have to have someone who is going to be a left winger all the time and not just when it's convenient to get votes - which is something I think way too many Democrats do.  They basically ignore the left when they get into office.  That does not work and has gotten us Orange Hitler now.  

We need someone who is going to throw down the gauntlet and tell Republicans to kiss his or her ass if they don't like it.

I agree with the next Democratic candidate being relatively new.  I think that's part of the reason Obama did so well.  He was an up and comer.  I'm thinking along the lines of Cory Booker.  My husband watched an interview with Andrew Cuomo and is now rooting for him but he's definitely got enemies and is sometimes hard to like.  I love Elizabeth Warren but I feel like she's in her niche right now and I'd hate to move her out of it.  But I'd definitely back her too.  It's a long 4 yrs.  We'll have to see how they play out.  However, I'm planning on regular panic attacks leading up to the inaugeration.  

In the spirit of his other appointments, Trump has asked a vaccine skeptic to head up a panel on vaccine safety:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/313572-trump-asks-vaccine-skeptic-to-lead-commission-on-vaccination-safety

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a noted vaccine skeptic, has accepted President-elect Donald Trump's offer to chair a commission to investigate vaccine safety, Kennedy told reporters Tuesday. 

Kennedy told reporters in the lobby of Trump Tower in Manhattan about the forthcoming position after a meeting with the president-elect. 

"He asked me to chair a commission on vaccine safety and scientific integrity ... I said I would," he said.

"President-elect Trump has some doubts about the current vaccine policies and he has questions about it. His opinion doesn't matter, but the science does matter and we ought to be reading the science and we ought to be debating the science."
He added that Trump called him to request the meeting and that he wants to ensure that vaccines are "as safe as they possibly can be." 

Kennedy, son of the famous attorney general and nephew of former President John F. Kennedy, is a vocal critic of vaccines and regularly expresses concerns that certain preservatives in vaccines could cause developmental disorders or other negative side effects. 

He told a Sacramento audience in 2015 that drug companies can "put anything they want in that vaccine and they have no accountability for it." Later that night, he also floated a connection between vaccines and autism, while calling the effects of vaccines a "holocaust." 

Scientists have repeatedly shot down any accusations about a link between vaccines and developmental disorders like autism, noting that there are various safeguards to ensure vaccines aren't dangerous. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believes there is "no link" between autism and vaccines, and points to a number of studies that back up that assertion. 

Yet, the belief remains on the fringes of both the political left and right, boosted by some prominent celebrities.

As Kennedy suggested, Trump has repeatedly entertained a link between vaccines and autism, sharing a story in 2014 about a "healthy young child" developing autism after vaccinations. 

He went on to clarify his stance during a September 2015 GOP primary debate, where he said that he is "totally in favor of vaccines ... in smaller doses over a long period of time." But he did note that autism is an "epidemic" and retold another story of a toddler allegedly developing autism after being vaccinated

16 hours ago, JMO said:

Of course my secretest dream is that whatever impeaches Trump takes out Pence too.  

This would make Paul Ryan the next President of the United States.

31 minutes ago, Ali said:

This would make Paul Ryan the next President of the United States.

As there is nobody in the line of succession who is remotely palatable, I'm hoping for a giant meteor...

"What Trump is really saying in his tweets: I’m weak"

Seriously? Is President-elect Donald Trump so thin-skinned that even criticism from Meryl Streep triggers a nasty, over-the-top response? What kind of crybaby have Americans elected as their leader?

“One of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood,” Trump absurdly called the most acclaimed actress of our time, demonstrating that he is no more prepared to become critic in chief than commander in chief.

Are there more important things to think and write about than Trump’s latest Twitter tantrum? Yes and no. Trump threatens to snatch health insurance coverage from millions, enact huge tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy, reverse progress against climate change, destabilize the Western alliance, pick fights with China while cuddling up to Russia — the big-issues list is long and frightening. But I believe it would be foolish not to examine the personality and the psychological makeup of the man who will soon be in the White House.

My view, then, is that we cannot ignore his vitriolic tweet storms. No, we should not let them distract us from other news about the incoming administration. But the Twitter rants offer a glimpse into Trump’s psyche, and it’s not pretty.

For anyone who missed the whole thing, Streep received a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes on Sunday night. She began her acceptance speech by apologizing for having lost her voice. But while she could only speak softly, her words took a two-by-four to Trump’s fragile ego.

“There was one performance this year that stunned me,” she said. “It sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good. . . . There was nothing good about it. But it was effective, and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter. Someone he outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back. It kind of broke my heart when I saw it. And I still can’t get it out of my head because it wasn’t in a movie. It was real life.”

Streep was incorrect in only one fact: The incident to which she referred actually took place at a rally in November 2015 , when candidate Trump mocked New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has a medical condition that limits the motion of his arms. While denouncing Kovaleski, whom I have known for years, Trump gestured similarly to the way the reporter does.

“This instinct to humiliate, when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful,” Streep said, “it filters down into everybody’s life, because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing.”

Streep was hardly the first critic to attack Trump for that “performance,” and she won’t be the last. But Trump must have stewed about it all night, because he rose to tweet his response early in the morning, calling her “over-rated” and “a Hillary flunky who lost big.”

I don’t have to defend Streep or Kovaleski — both can take care of themselves. But Trump’s knee-jerk reaction is worthy of comment because it is so typical. The man who is about to become president is enveloped by a shell of self-regard that at first seems armor-like but turns out to be delicate and brittle.

He couldn’t endure Alec Baldwin’s impression of him on “Saturday Night Live,” calling it “not funny” and saying that it “just can’t get any worse.” He reacted to an unflattering piece in Vanity Fair by saying that the magazine is “way down, big trouble, dead!” and that its editor has “no talent.” He taunted his replacement on “The Celebrity Apprentice,” former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, for having low Nielsen numbers “by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT” — and noted that Schwarzenegger was not a supporter of his campaign.

Conversely, he shows nothing but high regard for anyone who says anything nice about him. Thus he calls Russian President Vladimir Putin “very smart” and quotes him approvingly, despite the fact that intelligence officials say Russia actively meddled in our electoral process.

I don’t believe Trump’s tweets are part of some sophisticated strategy to draw attention from other events and topics. To me, this looks like simple action and reaction. When someone criticizes him publicly in a way that threatens his stature, he seems compelled to hit back. He can’t seem to ignore any slight.

That’s a sign of weakness, not strength — as Putin and other world leaders surely have figured out.

The author is right, he is weak; and terribly prone to manipulation.

2 hours ago, tropaka said:

In the spirit of his other appointments, Trump has asked a vaccine skeptic to head up a panel on vaccine safety:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/313572-trump-asks-vaccine-skeptic-to-lead-commission-on-vaccination-safety

I'm in health care and this gives me palpitations.  FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK

4 hours ago, JMO said:

I agree with the next Democratic candidate being relatively new.  I think that's part of the reason Obama did so well.  He was an up and comer.  I'm thinking along the lines of Cory Booker.  My husband watched an interview with Andrew Cuomo and is now rooting for him but he's definitely got enemies and is sometimes hard to like.  I love Elizabeth Warren but I feel like she's in her niche right now and I'd hate to move her out of it.  But I'd definitely back her too.  It's a long 4 yrs.  We'll have to see how they play out.  However, I'm planning on regular panic attacks leading up to the inaugeration.  

I love Cory Booker. He has been a strong leader for NJ and I'm proud to have him! I think Democrats really need to start getting together a full-fledged attack for 2020 - from the ground up. What happened with the Orange Garbage Can cannot happen ever again.

On 1/9/2017 at 6:25 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Manchurian Candidate.

4 hours ago, tropaka said:

Proof that Trump is deliberately going out of his way to nominate people who are sorely unqualified for their respective positions.

23 hours ago, HeathenBlondie said:

Wow. Those comments by Kellyanne are stupid as usual. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I usually decide what kind of person someone is by what comes out of their mouth and their actions. You can have all the heart in the word, but if a person makes hateful comments about everything then to me they're a shitty person. How many times should a person be "given the benefit of the doubt" if they keep fucking up.

Maybe his heart is full of cholesterol from the fast food and that's why he acts the way he acts :pb_lol:

We can't look into his heart.  I don't think he has one

59 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

I love Cory Booker. He has been a strong leader for NJ and I'm proud to have him! I think Democrats really need to start getting together a full-fledged attack for 2020 - from the ground up. What happened with the Orange Garbage Can cannot happen ever again.

The Dems need to start on the local level in 2018.  That will help build momentum for 2020

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived