IGNORED

Election Results 2016, Part 3

Destiny

2 hours ago, Mecca said:

I knew exactly who that poster was because her stupid ass gives her away every time. I guess she got bored at Freed Jinger and the stagnant moaning about us on GOMI drove her back here...AGAIN. Glad we could spice up her life for a minute or two. 

Now that you mention it, I think it is she who must not be mentioned. She needs to get a hobby that doesn't involve us, maybe take up painting like George W. Bush.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, Lilichka was not banned for disagreeing. I can't and won't go into details, but she broke an FJ rule on signup, and was therefore banned. Just wanna throw that out there for future generations of FJrs who might later read this thread.

From last year:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-immigration-plan-121420

The plan calls for the number of Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers to triple, along with nationwide e-verify, the “mandatory return of all criminal aliens,” “detention-not catch-and-release,” defunding sanctuary cities, enhancing penalties for staying past temporary visas, cooperating with local task forces taking on gangs and ending birthright citizenship.

But now:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/13/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-obamacare-deportation-force/index.html

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Sunday despite Donald Trump's campaign rhetoric, lawmakers are not prepared to form a deportation force to round-up and deport undocumented immigrants.

"We are not planning on erecting a deportation force. Donald Trump's not planning on that," Ryan told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-tells-60-minutes-he-will-be-restrained-twitter-president-n683076

"I'm going to be very restrained, if I use it at all, I'm going to be very restrained," Trump said in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" that will air Sunday night.

But by Sunday morning, Trump had already contradicted himself. He lashed out at the New York Times on Twitter, complaining about "very poor" coverage and claiming without evidence the paper is "losing thousands of subscribers."

How are we supposed to trust him when he keeps changing his stance on everything? (not that I ever trusted him)

It is making me mad that after years of hounding Obama over his birth certificate, I'm not hearing a lot of outrage from Republicans over Donald not wanting to put his assets in a blind trust. Plus, if Obama had not released his tax forms, all hell would have broken loose. This is a pretty clear sign that the birther issue was racists, even though they claim it isn't. 

Ok. Please please please tell me that there is some way we can take Trump's twitter account away. There has to be some no twitter in the White House national security rule? SOMETHING? Cos I don't think I can take 4 more years of his tweets.

15 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Ok. Please please please tell me that there is some way we can take Trump's twitter account away. There has to be some no twitter in the White House national security rule? SOMETHING? Cos I don't think I can take 4 more years of his tweets.

Someone should start a petition on change.org about this. Can you imagine kids 100 years from now having to learn about a massive war being sparked because someone said Trump had stupid hair on twitter? Or said something about his tiny hands? 

I mean, if nothing else maybe a petition would get people to laugh a little bit at the absurdity of all this.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Someone should start a petition on change.org about this. Can you imagine kids 100 years from now having to learn about a massive war being sparked because someone said Trump had stupid hair on twitter? Or said something about his tiny hands? 

I mean, if nothing else maybe a petition would get people to laugh a little bit at the absurdity of all this.

I am not currently on change.org looking for how to do this. That would be weird. :kitty-shifty:

Edit: crap. It has to be done under my real name, which I'm not willing to do. :(

3 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I feel like the media is really failing us all again. They should be reporting every single day on the violence and bullying that's occurring in our country right now. And they should be calling Trump out for it every day - not only for sparking the bullying in the first place, but for not telling his supporters to stop the violence and bullying. Saying "we need unity" during an acceptance speech accomplishes nothing if he's never going to address his supporters and tell them to knock it off. The media should also be calling out his supporters and saying "if you didn't vote for him for his bigotry, then speak up now against the horrible violence and bullying that's going on." But instead, they're doing fluff pieces and telling us all we need to give Trump a chance. 

They are normalizing his behavior to maintain access and to try and convince people that everything is fine, clean slate, let's all get along, etc... On this point, it's going to get worse. Most of the media will eventually do this. If you are a subscriber to such sources, you'll have to decide if you want to support their behavior with your money.

I saw on Twitter a couple of days ago that People magazine did a fluff piece on Ivanka's family. People magazine is the one that had a former reporter who claims that Trump sexually assaulted her when she went there to do a story about Trump's first wedding anniversary. Sadly, I'm not a bit surprised by their story about Ivanka.

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I hate to break it to you, but I read somewhere that the Obamas will be turning over all the "generic" social media accounts. By generic, I mean all the ones that are named stuff like @POTUS, @FLOTUS, @whitehouse, etc...that would apply to the current occupants of the White House. 

Before I go to bed, one more thing. 

Protests are amazing and necessary, as long as they are peaceful. But I think what matters the most are small, brave-ish actions of love and support. 
If you are American, maybe put a sign in your yard (I think, one was in previous thread - it said something about being happy to have all kinds of people as neighbors) or wear a t-shirt, or smile to people that could be targets of hate crimes because of their looks. Things like that. They matter so much, to people targeted and to people that love them. 
Be a light. Trump and Trumpists understand the language of protests; let them hear the language of kindness. 
And I will do the same at this part of the world, where some scary things are going on as well. 

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

I hate to break it to you, but I read somewhere that the Obamas will be turning over all the "generic" social media accounts. By generic, I mean all the ones that are named stuff like @POTUS, @FLOTUS, @whitehouse, etc...that would apply to the current occupants of the White House. 

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I don't want to see @POTUS tweeting his SHIT NO NO NO!

34 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Trumpster tweets out classified stuff at some point or otherwise leaks it. 

Even if he's capable of understanding the gravity of his position in the intelligence chain of being (which is doubtful), he's such a narcissist that he'd tweet top secret stuff because HE wanted to.

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I don't want to see @POTUS tweeting his SHIT NO NO NO!

Yeah you're gonna want to hit "unfollow" on January 19th...

5 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I feel like the media is really failing us all again. They should be reporting every single day on the violence and bullying that's occurring in our country right now. And they should be calling Trump out for it every day - not only for sparking the bullying in the first place, but for not telling his supporters to stop the violence and bullying. Saying "we need unity" during an acceptance speech accomplishes nothing if he's never going to address his supporters and tell them to knock it off. The media should also be calling out his supporters and saying "if you didn't vote for him for his bigotry, then speak up now against the horrible violence and bullying that's going on." But instead, they're doing fluff pieces and telling us all we need to give Trump a chance. 

I'm thinking the media is very scared right now. After Trump threatened the news sources that identified other women he sexually harassed, I think they may be concerned about printing other things he'll sue them for (or worse). I know we're supposed to have freedom of speech and freedom of the press in the United States, but this seems like one president who'll really want to control (curtail) the media.

I was thinking about the social media accounts a few days ago, the Cleveland cavilers came to meet POTUS/FLOTUS and they have a white house snapchat and I was like I can't even imagine how that's going to go down when DT and Melania come in.It's so entertaining and refreshing!

Also Since Tuesday, I keep having this reoccurring but seemingly very short dream where it's the great depression, cause I'm just wondering how his economic plans will possibly destroy this cousin.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

When that happens you may want to check the latin and medical meaning of "potus".

Spoiler: it means "drink" or "the act of drinking" (and in my profession is mostly used to refer to alcoholics drinking episodes), I find it quite fitting for a Trump presidency.

It seems that the Trump team is reaching out to France's National Front party. For those unaware of what that means, here's an article from the Washington Post.

Marion Maréchal-Le Pen — a rising star in France’s far-right National Front and the niece of the party’s leader, Marine Le Pen — wrote on Twitter on Saturday that representatives of President-elect Donald Trump had invited her to “work together.”

Le Pen, 26, became the youngest member of France’s Parliament in 2012. She was elected to represent Vaucluse, a region in southern France with heavy ties to the National Front, a party founded by her grandfather, the 88-year-old Jean-Marie Le Pen. He once referred to the Nazi concentration camps as a “detail of history.”

In the article it also mentions that Nigel Farage of the U.K. Independence Party was seen at Trump tower on Saturday. This does not bode well. :pb_sad:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/12/is-trump-reaching-out-to-europes-far-right-before-he-talks-with-the-heads-of-state/

36 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

When that happens you may want to check the latin and medical meaning of "potus".

Spoiler: it means "drink" or "the act of drinking" (and in my profession is mostly used to refer to alcoholics drinking episodes), I find it quite fitting for a Trump presidency.

Oh, wow. The things you learn on FJ!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-assault-lgbtq-equality_us_58275a17e4b02d21bbc8ff9b

To anyone reading this who is Evangelical or has loved ones who are:

I'm begging you, please be a vocal and strong advocate within your community for the LGBTQ community. I'm honestly really worried and scared about what sort of damage Mike Pence may be capable of inflicting. I intend to do my part to protect my brother and our friends, but I'm just one white lady in New England that no Evangelical would be likely to listen to. Thank God my brother lives in the same state as me and our family - but so many innocent men, women, and children could be at serious risk here.

Please, please talk to your loved ones about LGBTQ rights. I know it may not do any good, but please try?

17 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

It seems that the Trump team is reaching out to France's National Front party. For those unaware of what that means, here's an article from the Washington Post.

In the article it also mentions that Nigel Farage of the U.K. Independence Party was seen at Trump tower on Saturday. This does not bode well. :pb_sad:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/12/is-trump-reaching-out-to-europes-far-right-before-he-talks-with-the-heads-of-state/

Oh, wow. The things you learn on FJ!

Yup, Farage has the honour of being the first UK politician to officially meet with President Elect Trump.

Farage, of course, also has the dubious honour of being a politician who likes to mansplain to WOC that his party's SO not racist or sexist and that women are just misreading harassment where there is none.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Trumpster tweets out classified stuff at some point or otherwise leaks it. 

Even if he's capable of understanding the gravity of his position in the intelligence chain of being (which is doubtful), he's such a narcissist that he'd tweet top secret stuff because HE wanted to.

Grasping at straws here to think of a silver lining. Maybe if he can't control himself...well, who are we kidding... WHEN he can't control himself, and tweets out classified information, hopefully we can force a few members of Congress to grow some cojones and impeach him.

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I was thinking about the social media accounts a few days ago, the Cleveland cavilers came to meet POTUS/FLOTUS and they have a white house snapchat and I was like I can't even imagine how that's going to go down when DT and Melania come in.It's so entertaining and refreshing!

Re: bolded. Would a moron like Trump who continually refers to "the cyber" even know what snapchat is?

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

Trump will probably get in a Twitter war soon with a John Stamos over hair products and demand John be jailed for talking back to the President. Then all Trump's little minions will be chanting, "LOCK HIM UP!!" every time a rerun of "Full House" comes on. 

8 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

And they should be calling Trump out for it every day - not only for sparking the bullying in the first place, but for not telling his supporters to stop the violence and bullying. Saying "we need unity" during an acceptance speech accomplishes nothing if he's never going to address his supporters and tell them to knock it off. The media should also be calling out his supporters and saying "if you didn't vote for him for his bigotry, then speak up now against the horrible violence and bullying that's going on." But instead, they're doing fluff pieces and telling us all we need to give Trump a chance. 

Yes. This, all of this. Trump should have immediately denounced the violence and bullying. Although the same needs to absolutely be said about Obama and Clinton. They both need to come out and denounce the violence and destruction of property. For Christs sake, they set a police officer on fire. What the actual hell. 

I found this on the facebook page of a crunchy mommy blogger.  I hope it's okay that I post it.  I'm not including her name, and she doesn't name anyone in her personal life.  The post was in response to the blogger complaining about how awful a Clinton win would be.

You know, growing up in a country that was invaded by Germany, we know very, very well that part of history. (Not that they won't make the same mistake, but we recognize a pattern when we see one). Obama has never pointed fingers at anyone, never proposed nationalism, protectionism, mocked disabled people, called an entire nation "rapist", or proposed the make America "great again". He proposed change (which he was mostly blocked from doing by Congress). But he never said - America suck... Maybe he was seen as the antechrist because, well, he was black, but that's another story. All I'm saying is that, in the history of the world, this attitude - closing borders, throwing people out, pointing at an entire religion - has never lead a nation on the right path, and we actually have a lot of the contrary examples, and 1930's Germany was one. We have a lot of examples of people who surfed the fear and hate wave, got elected, and then... did not give the power back... and it turned dark... Put yourself in my shoes, and the shoes of all people who live here but are not American, are muslim, are latinos, are black. I've been here for 10 years, I have a family here, and yet, today, I don't know if I get to stay, because when Trump starts his 100 day program, and cut visas to countries that don't "take people back", I might very well not be able to renew my Green Card. I had never this problem under Obama. Never even a perspective of this happening. And now France - my home country - prepares to vote for President and might very well end up with the same type of government - that wants, all the same, muslims and jews (together, same bag) out, France out of Europe, refugees out of France, protectionism, women at home, white Christianity, all the same. Which means that I won't be able to take my Black American husband with me. So then the question is - where can we go ? where can we live as a family ? Where is the love that Jesus is asking people to extend to others ? Right now I just have to live with this blade over my head. After Trump program starts, I might have to live away from my children - or they might have to be away from their dad. America - there was an American dream. It's gone. Trump voters - and Trump - want me out. He promised mass deportations. I'm petrified.

I feel awful for her and her family.

Archived