IGNORED

Election Results 2016, Part 3

Destiny

43 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

What a horrible person. And normally I don't like it when people's personal information gets splashed all over the Internet, but I think in this case, this lunatic deserves it. I'm glad people are recording these horrible things and putting them online, because I'm so tired of hearing Trump supporters insist that this hatefulness either isn't occurring or is being staged by Clinton supporters to make Trump supporters look bad. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:46 PM, church_of_dog said:

My wishful thinking theory is that once he heard about the recounts being demanded, a light bulb went off and he saw it as his way out -- he'll claim that ostensibly he wants a recount "to show he really won the popular vote too" but in actuality he's hoping the recount will show something that gets him kicked out (fraud on his end? or just an overwhelming popular vote for HRC that triggers some kind of reassessment of the electoral college, etc)

I swear this man did not actually expect, or want, to win. It seemed that every time something came out from Wiki Leaks against Hillary during the election, something would get released detrimental to Trump. I think his camp put out that stuff on him to keep him behind. I think he had a plan for after he lost to claim election fraud, keep his die hard fans revved up, and bring in the dollars with some sort of internet or media show. Then he won. He's now still trying to screw himself without looking like he's screwing himself and again failing at it. Hell, look at his list of potential gov't appointees: The country is being trolled!

VP: Mike Pence – Believes the earth is 6000 years old, thinks people who are gay need conversion “therapy”, wants to prosecute women who have miscarriages for murder.

Health & Human Services: Tom Price – against affordable health care

Commerce Secretary: Wilbur Ross – against trade

Education Secretary: Betsy DeVos -  anti public school education

Attorney General: Jeff Sessions – rejected for federal judgeship for racist comments

Chief Strategist: Steve Bannon – editor of Breitbart, a/k/a “Nazi News”

EPA Administrator: Myron Ebell – climate change skeptic

Homeland Security Secretary: Joe Arpaio – Enough said

HUD Secretary: Ben Carson – ran for president but apparently doesn’t want to work in government. Ummm…

Or is this just a little too conspiracy theorist?

Well, isn't this encouraging? :pb_rollseyes:

As Donald Trump careens towards the Oval Office, promising jail time for flag-burners along the way, an organization that archives the internet for anyone to peruse aims to create a full backup in Canada in order to protect the digital library from censorship.

The Internet Archive is a US-based nonprofit that has been archiving the web for 20 years. So far, they’ve cataloged petabytes worth of web pages and claim to continue to archive 300 million new web pages each week. Their massive database allows the organization to run services like the Wayback Machine, which anyone can use to visit an archived version of most web pages, sometimes dating back years.

The group prefers to refer to itself as a kind of library, and as it noted in a blog post on Tuesday, “the history of libraries is one of loss,” whether through natural disaster or political regime change. With a potentially pro-censorship Trump regime looming, the Internet Archive isn’t taking any chances and is planning on opening an “Internet Archive of Canada” in the land of toques and Labatt brews. Digital information stored abroad wouldn’t be subject to US censorship laws.

https://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-entire-internet-will-be-archived-in-canada-to-protect-it-from-trump

I can't see Romney agreeing to become secretary of state.  He and Trump don't like each other (and everybody knows it).  Romney also doesn't appear to be hurting for a job.  He's probably quite content doing whatever he's been doing for the past four years.  But how awesome would it be if he gets offered the position over Giuliani, who made a gazillion appearances for Trump while Romney didn't do any.

Good news on gerrymandering in NC! I am so hoping a lot of the people who just got voted in get voted right back out next year. 

http://abc11.com/politics/court-orders-nc-to-redraw-districts-hold-elections/1631387/

A federal court has ordered North Carolina to redraw House and Senate districts, and to hold special primary and general elections in fall of 2017.

The ruling Tuesday by a three-judge panel of the Middle District Court sets a deadline of March 15, 2017, for the state to redraw 28 districts ruled unconstitutional.

The ruling requires lawmakers to submit new maps to the court within seven days of passage.

"While special elections have costs, those costs pale in comparison to the injury caused by allowing citizens to continue to be represented by legislators elected pursuant to a racial gerrymander," the judges wrote Tuesday, adding that despite concerns about lower voter turnout, "a special election in the fall of 2017 is an appropriate remedy."

The ruling also means those elected to the state House and Senate a few weeks ago in districts where boundaries now will be altered would serve just one year, not two as expected.

Bad news is that we still don't have a governor.

Good news is that Roy Cooper is now less than 200 votes from the 10,000 vote difference that would ban Pat McCrory from demanding a recount. So far Pat McCrory's quest to find voter fraud discovered that 24 people voted early and then died before election day, meaning their votes don't count, but there weren't vast amounts of dead people voting like McCrory is implying. 

On 11/27/2016 at 7:28 PM, Howl said:

What, y'all didn't have the zombie apocalypse at your polling station?

I did. I live in a district where the vast majority voted for Trump, so that means there are a lot of Walking Dead around these parts. 

I haven't seen this posted. Garrison Keillor wrote an interesting opinion piece entitled, "Maybe a Trump Presidency is what God intended". It's an interesting take on things.  Sorry for the wall of text.

So many Trumpists have written in since the election, and I am grateful for their interest and also impressed by the sheer variety of their profanity. I never learned to swear that well because by the time my mother died, at 97, it was too late for me to learn. I gather from the letters that these people’s lives were devastated by the advent of gay marriage, political correctness, the threat of gun control and the arrogance of liberals, and now a champion rises from Fifth Avenue and 56th Street, and God forbid that any dog should bark when he speaks or any pigeon drop white matter on his limousine.

What the letter-writers don’t grasp is that cursing is highly effective in person — someone kicks his car in rage, forgetting he’s wearing flip-flops, and flames pour from his mouth, and it’s impressive. But you see it in print, and it’s just ugly. It makes you pity the writer’s wife.

It’s not good form to curse at someone you’ve just defeated. That is why the president-elect made it clear he would not be waterboarding Hillary Clinton or sending her back to Mexico. He was gracious in victory and said the Clintons are “good people.” Several of his biggest applause lines seem to have been put back in the box. And his base is faced with the possibility that they may have elected a Manchurian. They know that he was a Democrat for most of his life and that the sight of Adam and Steve holding hands does not fill him with loathing. He is, after all, a New Yorker; he’s not from Tulsa. He likes drama. Maybe he’ll appoint his sister to the Supreme Court. Maybe he would rather row than wade. Maybe the Republicans will privatize the Pentagon, and maybe the Chinese will be the low bidder. Why not run the Marines like a business? Put the “deal” back into “idealism.”

Meanwhile, Chris Christie waits for the prosecutor to call and summon him to a low-ceilinged room with fluorescent lights and ask him pointed questions for the good man to answer under oath and say the same things he’s said in public, that he had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with those orange highway cones. Meanwhile, Rudy Giuliani waits for his phone to ring, the mayor who put his emergency command center on the 23rd floor of the World Trade Center, over the objections of the police department, and later started his own security consulting company. This is a new level of chutzpah. This is like the captain of the Titanic, had he survived, writing a book about the art of navigation.

My first election was 1948, when we stayed up late listening to returns on a Zenith radio, in our basement home in the cornfields north of Minneapolis. Mother was content with Harry Truman’s victory, believing that he cared about the poor, and Dad was dubious of politicians in general and Democrats in particular. It was interesting for a child to sense this division, though my parents were gentle people and evangelical Christians who refrained from voting, on the assumption that the Lord was in charge and would put into power whomever He wished. If you voted, you might vote against the Lord’s Will.

Their reasoning seemed shaky to me — it seemed to argue that one should not get out of bed in the morning lest you eat the wrong cereal for breakfast — but I’ve inherited some of their fatalism. Maybe God did choose this bloated narcissist and compulsive liar and con man to be president, and maybe He will send a couple of Corinthians to light his pathway.

I have my doubts. You grow up to be skeptical of the hormone treatment that eliminates wrinkles, the metal detector that will locate buried treasure, the school that will teach you the secrets of getting rich, the great leader who will make the country great again.

But it does seem like the very thing God might do. Put an idiot in charge and cluster his clueless children around him and a coterie of old hacks and opportunists and thereby teach us haughty journalists a lesson. God made Balaam’s donkey open its mouth and say, “Quit hitting me, stupid.” And if He could do that, He could make this moose a halfway-decent president.

Meanwhile, blessings on all who cursed me. May you thrive and prosper. I hope you have not cursed your children.

I can't say I agree with him, but he is always interesting.

58 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, you know she belongs in a cabinet, because she's full of spice and has a great rack.

In real life, this frightens me.  I've been dealing with the VA for the past several months.  The amount of cluelessness permeating the call centers is astounding.  It won't get better with Palin in charge.  And having a child serve in the military shouldn't be considered a qualification.  I can't think of anything else that would actually link her to the VA system.

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

What in the hell does Palin know about the VA??!! Cheeto seems to be pulling random people out of his ass for his cabinet. Either they're random or they've kissed his ass enough just to get an in. Everyday I'm baffled by these picks and thinking they're only going to make things worse.

Just now, HeathenBlondie said:

What in the hell does Palin know about the VA??!! Cheeto seems to be pulling random people out of his ass for his cabinet. Either they're random or they've kissed his ass enough just to get an in. Everyday I'm baffled by these picks and thinking they're only going to make things worse.

Yeah, they are going to make things way, way worse. I think Palin's "qualification" is that she had a son in the military. I mean, that has to be it. She probably can't spell VA. I mean, it seem like Ben Carson's qualification for HUD is that he lives indoors. Some of the other picks are terrifying. And we can give up hope that there will be any "checks and balances" forthcoming from Congress. They've already indicated they'll roll over and do whatever Cheeto wants. I love that Mitch McConnell, whom I've long despised, has said he won't recuse himself at his wife's confirmation hearing. I guess he's taking a page from Agent Orange, who doesn't believe in conflicts of interest, unless they involve the Clintons.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yeah, they are going to make things way, way worse. I think Palin's "qualification" is that she had a son in the military. I mean, that has to be it. She probably can't spell VA. I mean, it seem like Ben Carson's qualification for HUD is that he lives indoors. Some of the other picks are terrifying. And we can give up hope that there will be any "checks and balances" forthcoming from Congress. They've already indicated they'll roll over and do whatever Cheeto wants. I love that Mitch McConnell, whom I've long despised, has said he won't recuse himself at his wife's confirmation hearing. I guess he's taking a page from Agent Orange, who doesn't believe in conflicts of interest, unless they involve the Clintons.

We should ask Trump voters how they think that "swamp draining" is going.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

They've already indicated they'll roll over and do whatever Cheeto wants.

Yes! They are complete hypocrites, but would probably deny it if they were challenged on anything. I just can't wait to hear what names will be stated tomorrow. :dontgetit:

It's gonna be a long 4 years.

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Nah. His qualification is because he's black. Because Housing and Urban Development totally means inner cities. And inner cities clearly means black people. :pb_rollseyes:

18 hours ago, Childless said:

We should ask Trump voters how they think that "swamp draining" is going.

Yeah, the Washington Post had a good article, "Donald Trump will not be draining any swamps as President"

Even during the campaign, Trump thought “drain the swamp” was a corny slogan. But since he won the election, we’ve been able to observe the following:

Trump chose, for his national security adviser, someone who sat in on classified intelligence briefings while serving foreign clients. That same national security adviser-designate told a Japanese official not to pay attention to Trump’s campaign rhetoric on Japan.

Trump has continued to have business meetings with foreign partners.

He has had family members who will be running his business sit in on meetings and phone calls with foreign heads of state.

Trump’s nonprofit foundation has admitted that it has violated the legal ban on “self-dealing.”

Trump himself has acknowledged the massive conflicts of interest involving his overseas real estate holdings and American foreign policy, but also said “the law is totally on my side, meaning, the president can’t have a conflict of interest.”

and

Maybe Trump will prove to have fantastic policies that make America great again. But for the next four years, Trump’s supporters will not be able to make the claim that he’s fighting corruption in Washington. If anything, Trump, his family and his cronies appear poised to leverage the power of the federal government to enrich themselves. And anyone who tells you differently is selling you something.

I've despised the "drain the swamp" slogan about as much as the "make America great again".

I remember seeing this on twitter (and will post more that I've found) but many are already feeling the buyer's remorse.

Spoiler

Apparently there was quite a bit of nastiness between Drumpf and Clinton campaign staff on Thursday at Harvard.

I think if I ever meet Kellyanne, it will take every bit of strength I have to not trip her with my cane.

Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri condemned Bannon, who previously ran Breitbart, a news site popular with the alt-right, a small movement known for espousing racist views.

“If providing a platform for white supremacists makes me a brilliant tactician, I am proud to have lost,” she said. “I would rather lose than win the way you guys did.”

Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s campaign manager, fumed: “Do you think I ran a campaign where white supremacists had a platform?”

“You did, Kellyanne. You did,” interjected Palmieri, who choked up at various points of the session.

“Do you think you could have just had a decent message for white, working-class voters?” Conway asked. “How about, it’s Hillary Clinton, she doesn’t connect with people? How about, they have nothing in common with her? How about, she doesn’t have an economic message?”

Joel Benenson, Clinton’s chief strategist, piled on: “There were dog whistles sent out to people. . . . Look at your rallies. He delivered it.”

At which point, Conway accused Clinton’s team of being sore losers. “Guys, I can tell you are angry, but wow,” she said. “Hashtag he’s your president. How’s that? Will you ever accept the election results? Will you tell your protesters that he’s their president, too?”

Yes, Kellyanne, you ran a campaign where white supremacists had a platform. If I have to accept the election results, you have to accept that you aided and abetted racism, anti-antisemitism, misogyny, and xenophobia.

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Apparently there was quite a bit of nastiness between Drumpf and Clinton campaign staff on Thursday at Harvard.

I think if I ever meet Kellyanne, it will take every bit of strength I have to not trip her with my cane.

Yes, Kellyanne, you ran a campaign where white supremacists had a platform. If I have to accept the election results, you have to accept that you aided and abetted racism, anti-antisemitism, misogyny, and xenophobia.

Did she go to any of his rallies?  Did she listen to any of his speeches?  When people like David Duke trip over themselves in their haste to support you, your campaign has a racism problem.

4 hours ago, Childless said:

Did she go to any of his rallies?  Did she listen to any of his speeches?  When people like David Duke trip over themselves in their haste to support you, your campaign has a racism problem.

She was hired to support Agent Orange (note I didn't say paid, because he'll probably stiff her). She wasn't paid to listen to the garbage that spewed from his mouth. I'm surprised she hasn't said something incredible like David Duke is a good person, but misunderstood. That would be right up the Drumpf alley.

I'm wondering how long she's going to last, since she looks like she's aged 20 years in the last year. I bet she'll spend a year in some high-paid adviser position and then leave to spend more time with her family.

Michigan's Attorney General is now suing to stop the recount. And a group of Trump supporters are suing to try to stop the recount in Wisconsin: 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/12/2/1606389/-Michigan-attorney-general-is-suing-to-stop-recount

What are they all so afraid of. It's as if they don't believe he really won. Hmmmm. . . . 

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Exactly. When you have the KKK doing celebration parades, Neo-Nazis gathering for conventions and invoking Trump's name and praising him, and numerous people targeting minorities with racist chants in various places while screaming, "I voted for Trump," then Trump's message resonated with these types of people. There is a reason for that and for Kellyanne to ignore it is ignorant. She can't demand people respect Trump as president and claim he represents everyone all the while Trump is in the background spewing diversion. She needs to pay more attention to her employer and what comes out of his mouth and the mouths of his supporters. 

Archived