IGNORED

Pope Francis say women will never be ordained

Cleopatra7

38 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Just in case you didn't know pope Francis is very very pro helping refugees AND economical migrants, EVEN those brownish Muslims, as much as possible.

That's exactly what I expect from Religious leaders: to stand up for persecuted people or people in need, regardless of their faith.  I wish our bishops would do the same.

The very issue of women's ordination in the Catholic Church is the very matter that had me walk out once and for all at the age of 50-something.  I'd long been a dissenting-from-the-inside faithful Catholic, believing in reproductive freedom and marriage equality.

What drove me over the edge was an announcement at the last regular (non-wedding, funeral, etc.) Mass I attended.  The assistant pastor announced he was leaving for an adjoining parish (literally a block away).  The congregation groaned. He said, "Well, that's just the way it is--we don't have nearly as many vocations as we used to." It took all my strength not to stand up and yell, "If you let women be priests, you'd have 'em coming out of your ears!"

Such a huge waste of talent.

6 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

This is probably an even less popular opinion, but if I had the option of meeting Francis or meeting Benedict XVI, I'd choose the latter. Benedict may not bot warm and cuddly, but I'd enjoy hashing theology and philosophy out with him, even if we wouldn't agree on anything.

Now that's a who would you rather I never considerd. I think it makes sense. I would like to be a fly on the wall in that gathering!

2 hours ago, Clementine said:

That's exactly what I expect from Religious leaders: to stand up for persecuted people or people in need, regardless of their faith.  I wish our bishops would do the same.

You would expect it from religious leaders, but usually they focus on 'big theological issues' and complicate things. That is why I like Francis. He does his 'Pope Duties' addressing theological issues because that's what Popes do. But I think the poor and disadvantaged are where his heart is. 

Archived