IGNORED

Trump 6- The saga of the lone orange continues

samurai_sarah

Gotta love Amazon reviews, @hoipolloi!!

I read somewhere today that Romney is being considered for Sec of State.  I swear, I go off and live my life for a few hours, come back to the web and check the news, and am again dumbfounded.

What in the actual fuck is happening?!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Gotta love Amazon reviews, @hoipolloi!!

I read somewhere today that Romney is being considered for Sec of State.  I swear, I go off and live my life for a few hours, come back to the web and check the news, and am again dumbfounded.

What in the actual fuck is happening?!

We are using the federal government like a political lab to try to create our political utopia for 4-8 years, until the Democrats can come along and fix the mess that is being created. Ask Kansas and Sam Brownbeck how successful conservative policies really are to run a state. 

I love this article from The Washington Post: "How long before the white working class realizes Trump was just scamming them?"

A couple of excerpts:

And now that he’s about to take office, he’s ready to deliver on what he promised them, right? Well, maybe not so much:

President-elect Donald Trump abruptly abandoned some of his most tendentious campaign promises Tuesday, saying he does not plan to prosecute Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email system or the dealings of her family foundation, has an “open mind” about a climate-change accord from which he vowed to withdraw the United States and is no longer certain that torturing terrorism suspects is a good idea.

The billionaire real estate developer also dismissed any need to disentangle himself from his financial holdings, despite rising questions about how his global business dealings might affect his decision-making as the nation’s chief executive.

And it’s not just that; at the same time, the Trump administration and congressional Republicans are getting ready to move on their highest priorities, cutting taxes for the wealthy, scrapping oversight on Wall Street, and lightening regulations on big corporations.

Imagine you’re one of those folks who went to Trump rallies and thrilled to his promises to take America back from the establishment, who felt your heart stir as he promised to torture prisoners, who got your “Trump That Bitch” T-shirt, who was overjoyed to finally have a candidate who tells it like it is. What are you thinking as you watch this?

If you have any sense, you’re coming to the realization that it was all a scam. You got played. While you were chanting “Lock her up!” he was laughing at you for being so gullible. While you were dreaming about how you’d have an advocate in the Oval Office, he was dreaming about how he could use it to make himself richer. He hasn’t even taken office yet and everything he told you is already being revealed as a lie.

Or maybe Trump will find a way to actually improve the lives of working class voters. That’s theoretically possible, but absolutely nothing he has done or said so far suggests that he has any idea how to do it, or even the inclination. So he may try to keep the fires of hatred, resentment, and fear burning, in the hopes that people forget that he hasn’t given them the practical things he said he would.

I couldn't agree more. Every Drumpf supporter I have seen interviewed just believes the 100 pounds of crap he is feeding them. I just can't understand how people could think he's honest about anything. I wouldn't trust him if he said the sky is blue.

20 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

The ornament is $250 on Amazon, but the reviews & customer questions are priceless:

Yeah I was just coming here to post about the reviews for Agent Orange's ornament (and no I'm not talking about the microscopic cheeto between his legs).

My favorite review was as follows;

amazonscreenshot.png

I do wonder if they'll get taken off for violating some Amazon policy. 

On Amazon, the CafePress - Donald Trump 2016 - Round Holiday Christmas Ornament is $14.99  and has many reviews equally as funny as this: 

Put this on my tree and all hell broke loose. It locked up the three wise men and used controlled demolition to destroy their gifts, waterboarded Joseph and Mary because he thought they were in ISIS. It tried to deport my Puerto Rican brother in law because it thought he was an illegal Mexican rapist. It grabbed the angel at the top of the tree by the crotch and told her it was OK because he was a rich and terrific star. It gathered the male looking angels and started a gay conversion class right there on the tree. It divide up ornaments by color and started a little war on the tree. It put the Santa Claus ornament on trial for child molestation and communism based solely on the color of its clothes. This ornament was a divider not a uniter.

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

On Amazon, the CafePress - Donald Drumpf 2016 - Round Holiday Christmas Ornament is $14.99  and has many reviews equally as funny as this: 

I once heard some people in my sister-in-law's coffeehouse in the racist little town I taught in at the time discussing that the East coast has a lot of problems with "illegal Puerto Ricans". I started making it a very deliberate point of making sure my students understood during American history class that Puerto Ricans are U.S. Citizens. Some parents then began calling to argue. 

58 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I once heard some people in my sister-in-law's coffeehouse in the racist little town I taught in at the time discussing that the East coast has a lot of problems with "illegal Puerto Ricans". I started making it a very deliberate point of making sure my students understood during American history class that Puerto Ricans are U.S. Citizens. Some parents then began calling to argue. 

So I imagine the last few functional brain cells of these morons would be blown out if Puerto Rico ever became a full state.   

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Well, that's certainly news to this East Coaster. Who knew we had a problem with illegal Puerto Rican immigrants?! Who knew Puerto Rican's could be illegal here?! Thank God for those enlightened coffee patrons for setting me straight!!! :pb_rollseyes:

52 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Well, that's certainly news to this East Coaster. Who knew we had a problem with illegal Puerto Rican immigrants?! Who knew Puerto Rican's could be illegal here?! Thank God for those enlightened coffee patrons for setting me straight!!! :pb_rollseyes:

They were, at the time, in the midst of a campaign for a ballot ordinance to ban illegal immigrants from town. It passed not once, but twice. And parts of it survived a number of legal challenges. 

It was written by Kris Kobach of Kansas fame who was also involved in the Arizona anti-immigrant law. Trump is considering him for Secretary of Homeland Security. 

50 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

They were, at the time, in the midst of a campaign for a ballot ordinance to ban illegal immigrants from town. It passed not once, but twice. And parts of it survived a number of legal challenges. 

It was written by Kris Kobach of Kansas fame who was also involved in the Arizona anti-immigrant law. Trump is considering him for Secretary of Homeland Security. 

Several years ago Iowa towns were falling all over each other to see who could have the toughest ordinances for excluding sex offenders from towns.  Iowa eventually changed the law to pre-empt all these local ordinances.  While I of course want to keep children and vulnerable people safe from predators, I sometimes think all these registries and restrictions are being done as dry runs of sorts. for the time when Agent Orange and his groupies want to use it against his and the GOPs enemies.  Iron out all the kinks, as it were.  I mean how many people are going to stand up for sex offenders when these things are done, so in the mind of government officials they're the perfect group to practice this on.

7 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I have been cooking and entertaining, so forgive me if I am a page behind.   Look at this article - from where on earth on these bills going to be paid? 

http://ktla.com/2016/11/25/secret-service-may-rent-a-floor-at-trump-tower-to-protect-future-first-family/

That isn't even factoring in costs if Trump really does return to New York each weekend - between Secret Service, the cost for flying Air Force One, the costs associated with shutting down the runways at JFK for the time it takes for them to land/take off. It sounds like a clusterfuck. At least when Biden travels to Delaware he uses Amtrak (and they've gotten so good at it you'd never know he was onboard.)

I think DeBlasio already said he would be requesting financial reimbursement from the Federal Government. Not sure if it would cover all of it or be granted. I think Trump should be required to kick in some personal money after he takes office though - the First Family not living in the White House together until months after the Inauguration is unprecedented.  

Oh. And parents at Barron's school are pissed about him staying there the rest of the year too. For completely reasonable concerns too - extra security, horrible traffic, the risks of kidnapping occurring. I mean, I understand their concern for their kid and wanting an easy transition to DC for him... but they should have thought about the impact on his life before Trump decided to run. Malia be Sasha made the transition easy enough - is Barron really such a delicate flower that he can't handle moving during the school year like thousands of other kids do?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-parents-at-barron-trumps-private-school-are-freaking-out-w452374

13 hours ago, clueliss said:

Kris Kobach is an asshat of the nth degree. 

He ended up pissing this little town off because he told them he would defend their ordinance in court for free. He neglected to mention that he'd be charging his staff's salaries to them and every expense down to the cost of pens and post-its. So they still had a bill for millions when they expected to pay nothing. 

I don't blame Barron. His parents are raising him to be a special snowflake that doesn't need to make a change in the middle of the year. As a parent, I would try not to make my child switch schools in the middle of the year if it were reasonable. However, sometimes it is unavoidable like when the father seeks to get a job that starts in January in another city that provides housing and the mother does not work outside the home. 

32 minutes ago, Ali said:

I don't blame Barron. His parents are raising him to be a special snowflake that doesn't need to make a change in the middle of the year. As a parent, I would try not to make my child switch schools in the middle of the year if it were reasonable. However, sometimes it is unavoidable like when the father seeks to get a job that starts in January in another city that provides housing and the mother does not work outside the home. 

Not moving Barron and Melania just shows me how much of a joke all of this is to them. It's a four year game that they're going to play to increase the value of their name and the prominence of their business.

Move from your comfy penthouse apartment? Please. Those Secret Service men work for US now. They will do what we want. 

And that is how Trump sees the entire Presidency and all the benefits and access that comes with it. 

12 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Not moving Barron and Melania just shows me how much of a joke all of this is to them. It's a four year game that they're going to play to increase the value of their name and the prominence of their business.

Move from your comfy penthouse apartment? Please. Those Secret Service men work for US now. They will do what we want. 

And that is how Trump sees the entire Presidency and all the benefits and access that comes with it. 

And yet the Republicsns bitched about Obama's once a year trip to see family in Hawaii during the holidays.  Hypocrites.  The lot of them.

49 minutes ago, Ali said:

Agreed. And it's not like he'd be going to some random school that might let him flounder - he'll end up at one of the best schools in the country. There's no way he's going to fall through the cracks in any aspect of his schooling. He's also presumably already at a top school that could (and I imagine would) work with the new school to help with the academic transition.

Regarding Mrs. Trump (3.0)'s decision to stay in New York, I wonder if it is all up to her or if Trump has his eyes on Mrs. Trump (4.0) and wants (3.0) out of the way. 

I can almost see a recurring SNL skit, with Donald befriending Bill Clinton and seeing them out together, scoping out women. 

11 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Regarding Mrs. Trump (3.0)'s decision to stay in New York, I wonder if it is all up to her or if Trump has his eyes on Mrs. Trump (4.0) and wants (3.0) out of the way. 

I can almost see a recurring SNL skit, with Donald befriending Bill Clinton and seeing them out together, scoping out women. 

I had the opposite take on it--Mrs. Trump 3.0 was at the point of being ready to leave the marriage, and on top of that never wanted to be involved in politics or have the responsibilities of a politician's wife. Then this whole running for President thing started.

She bit her tongue and went along with it, thinking she could leave in 2018 or so when the whole thing died down, never dreaming he would actually win. And now she's stuck, for at least four more years. Staying in New York is a way to get some peace from him and also stay out of the limelight as the First Lady. She has always come off to me as a very non-political, somewhat private person.

2 hours ago, Ali said:

Oh, I definitely don't blame him. I have a great deal of sympathy for him to be honest. He's just a kid who has no say in any of this. I'm of the opinion that the parenting decisions are more than fair game for criticism, but the kids themselves should really be off limits because they didn't choose the high profile life of politics. I wouldn't have criticized Malia and Sasha Obama for their parents' choices - it would be completely hypocritical and unfair if I blamed Barron for his parents' choices now.

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

I had the opposite take on it--Mrs. Trump 3.0 was at the point of being ready to leave the marriage, and on top of that never wanted to be involved in politics or have the responsibilities of a politician's wife. Then this whole running for President thing started.

She bit her tongue and went along with it, thinking she could leave in 2018 or so when the whole thing died down, never dreaming he would actually win. And now she's stuck, for at least four more years. Staying in New York is a way to get some peace from him and also stay out of the limelight as the First Lady. She has always come off to me as a very non-political, somewhat private person.

I completely agree. I don't think she really wants to be a politician's wife. But she does have options - she can either choose to stay married to him or, if this really isn't the life she wants, she can divorce him.

If she stays, then I still think buttercup needs to suck it the fuck up and deal though. It's completely unfair to the taxpayers to burden them with all these extra expenses and inconveniences just so their son won't have to switch schools immediately.

On 11/24/2016 at 10:56 PM, 47of74 said:

Yeah I was just coming here to post about the reviews for Agent Orange's ornament (and no I'm not talking about the microscopic cheeto between his legs).

(Snip)

This made me laugh and barf at the same time!!!!

There needs to be a website that shows each day how much tax payer money Trump is wasting by refusing to move to Washington DC. I'm not sure a lot of people are understanding how much of our money he is blowing so he can maintain his lifestyle. 

BTW, there are two fully provisioned Air Force Ones that fly whenever the prez is on the move. For security, no one knows which one the prez is actually on. Operating costs for AFO are high enough without increasing the number of flights. But what does Trump care? He pays no taxes. We will pay for his selfish wastefulness. Hmpf.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I completely agree. I don't think she really wants to be a politician's wife. But she does have options - she can either choose to stay married to him or, if this really isn't the life she wants, she can divorce him.

If she stays, then I still think buttercup needs to suck it the fuck up and deal though. It's completely unfair to the taxpayers to burden them with all these extra expenses and inconveniences just so their son won't have to switch schools immediately.

:pb_lol:

Agree. She's the most likable of anyone in that family, but she still needs to be held accountable for her decisions. She decided to marry him, and she's deciding to stay married. It's not like she's being told she needs to move to Aleppo. She'd be moving to a freaking mansion in a city and like Fake Pigtails said, there's plenty of top tier schools for Barron to attend. It shouldn't be our tax burden because Mrs. Trump wants to wait a while to get a divorce. 

(And also, I'm not one to hold up patriotic icons as unassailable, but acting as if moving into the White House is an imposition and not a privilege is kinda offensive to me. And I'm not a chick who is easily offended.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived