IGNORED

Trump 6- The saga of the lone orange continues

samurai_sarah

It's as if they want to dumb down the electorate enough that they'll vote for just anybody who says the right catch phrases.

Oh, wait...

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rick Perry is being considered for Secretary of Energy.  When he was running for President, Perry said he'd eliminate the Secretary of Energy.  So I guess it's a good thing he dropped out of the race.

12 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Rick Perry is being considered for Secretary of Energy.  When he was running for President, Perry said he'd eliminate the Secretary of Energy.  So I guess it's a good thing he dropped out of the race.

All of these potential nominees are claiming they object to the office in question, which leads me to believe that the idea is to destroy these departments beyond repair. It's destroying the federal government from the inside. Yet we'll still be expected to have a bloated military, despite having no infrastructure to support it.

36 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

All of these potential nominees are claiming they object to the office in question, which leads me to believe that the idea is to destroy these departments beyond repair. It's destroying the federal government from the inside. Yet we'll still be expected to have a bloated military, despite having no infrastructure to support it.

I so agree with this. My mother is a civil service retiree and a veteran. She is so glad she's not still working, as things are looking bad for federal employees and government. The Washington Post outlined some of the things Drumpf wants to do, including a hiring freeze and cutting the retirement, to make it more like a 401K.  My Congressman was one of the lawmakers who has spoken out against the plans -- our area has a huge number of federal employees.

Trump has promised that in his first 100 days in office he will freeze hiring by not replacing employees who leave. The military and employees in public health and safety roles would be exempt, according to the president-elect’s Contract with the American Voter.

He has pledged to eliminate two regulations for every new one passed and shut down the Education Department and parts of the Environmental Protection Agency.

But he also wants a military with more ships, planes and troops. He has said he wants to triple the number of immigration enforcement agents and beef up the border patrol by thousands.

So a selective hiring freeze may be more realistic, Trump advisers say, where agencies Republicans dislike shrink and ones they like grow.

Trump can freeze hiring without Congress’ approval, with an executive order or less formal instructions to federal agencies.

Democrats and federal employee unions are preparing to fight the image of government workers as a privileged class and the bureaucracy as a bloated mess.

Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D), whose Northern Virginia district includes thousands of federal workers, said, “What study are they citing saying there are too many federal employees? Are you going to make a bunch of exceptions, in which case your plan looks like Swiss cheese?”

Others raise the specter that Republican proposals could allow political favoritism to creep into a system Congress created in 1883 to remove federal jobs from patronage ranks.

“Of course we want accountability,” said Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), who will enter the Senate in January, “but we also want to protect against political favoritism. It’s important that we not allow the civil service to be politicized.”

As if Agent Orange has ever commissioned or even read an actual study. He probably couldn't spell study.

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I so agree with this. My mother is a civil service retiree and a veteran. She is so glad she's not still working, as things are looking bad for federal employees and government. The Washington Post outlined some of the things Drumpf wants to do, including a hiring freeze and cutting the retirement, to make it more like a 401K.  My Congressman was one of the lawmakers who has spoken out against the plans -- our area has a huge number of federal employees.

As if Agent Orange has ever commissioned or even read an actual study. He probably couldn't spell study.

Yeah if I was a Federal employee I'd be looking for other work.  No way would I want to stay in with the Orange Toxic Megacolon and his fuckheads being in charge. 

I wonder if that's going to cause a brain drain of sorts out of government service, that people are going to look to leave, leave, or mentally check out of their jobs with the government.  Agent Orange and his supporters love to rag on government employees but who do they think keeps things running behind the scenes?

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

It's as if they want to dumb down the electorate enough that they'll vote for just anybody who says the right catch phrases.

Oh, wait...

That's one of my biggest objections to the USCCB.  They pretty much expect Catholics to vote for anyone who makes the correct noises about abortion and gay marriage, even if the candidate in question is an orange tinted reincarnation of Adolf Hitler, Mao Tse-tung, Kim Jong-Il, Josef Stalin, and Nicolae Ceaușescu all rolled into one.

I keep telling myself to get off the Internet, that the stupid will keep coming whether or not I'm obsessively checking CNN.  But the stupid beckons me, taunts me.  Like this:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-fans-bash-wrong-hamilton-theater-over-broadway-casts-address-to-mike-pence/ar-AAkzOaR?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

Okay, not about Agent Orange himself, but about his grandfather, who apparently was also a draft dodger. I wonder if he had "bone spurs" too?

A letter publicized this week by the German tabloid Bild reveals how President-elect Donald Trump's grandfather Friedrich Trump begged local authorities in southern Germany to revoke an expulsion order for avoiding military service as a teenager. His plea, it seems, proved unsuccessful, and he had to settle for a life across the Atlantic.

According to a bulletin by the Associated Press, the letter was penned in 1905 and was addressed to Prince Luitpold of Bavaria, a monarch who presided over a realm within the united German Empire. Trump beseeches the “well-loved, noble, wise and just” Bavarian royal not to deport him. Luitpold apparently decided to reject what Trump offered as a “most subservient request.” The document was recently identified by a local historian in a state archive.

Friedrich Trump reached the United States in 1885 when he was 16, after leaving his home town of Kallstadt, in what is now the southwestern German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Although his arrival in New York City was like that of myriad other European immigrants seeking greater opportunity, his departure from Bavaria was illegal — he skipped mandatory military service in the kingdom's armed forces and was formally stripped of Bavarian citizenship four years later.

Trump went on to make his fortune out west, including a stint running taverns and brothels amid the gold rush in Canada's Yukon territory. He “mined the miners,” as one chronicler put it, and his Arctic restaurant became one of the more infamous institutions of the territory.

“For single men the Arctic has the best restaurant,” wrote a moralizing 19th-century journalist in the Yukon Sun. “But I would not advise respectable women to go there to sleep as they are liable to hear that which would be repugnant to their feelings and uttered, too, by the depraved of their own sex.”

Trump later returned east and made trips back to his homeland in the early 1900s, including one visit during which he met his eventual wife. Her homesickness compelled Trump to attempt to return to Kallstadt with all of his life savings. But his status as a draft dodger and noncitizen prompted a deportation order.

“The American citizen and pensioner Friedrich Trump, currently residing in Kallstadt, is hereby informed that he is to depart the state of Bavaria, or face deportation,” authorities said in a document dated February 1905, according to Deutsche Welle.

Trump attempted to fight the decree but failed.

I wish we could sign a deportation order...

27 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Okay, not about Agent Orange himself, but about his grandfather, who apparently was also a draft dodger. I wonder if he had "bone spurs" too?

I wish we could sign a deportation order...

Damn Germans, why couldn't they keep Grandpa Orange?

23 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, surprise, surprise (NOT). Melania and Cheeto spawn #5 aren't moving to the White House "for now".

Okay, I have three comments.

1. I understand about not wanting to pull a kid out of school in the middle of the year, but every other President with children has done it. Heck, Sasha and Malia were young when Obama won the White House, they moved and started at a top of the line private school. I moved in fourth grade and it didn't damage me irreparably.

2. Can you imagine the howling if any other candidate did this? The added expense of an extra Secret Service contingent to fully staff both Drumpf Tower and The White House is ridiculous.

3. The heck with Barron, this campaign has been tough on most of us and we have to suck it up and deal with things we aren't happy about. If his daddy cared so much, he would have waited to try for the Presidency.

Can you really blame Melania, though?  She has a chance to get away from the Orange One for 6 whole months!  If she plays her cards right maybe she can convince Cheeto that Barron will need summer school too.

10 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Can you really blame Melania, though?  She has a chance to get away from the Orange One for 6 whole months!  If she plays her cards right maybe she can convince Cheeto that Barron will need summer school too.

You notice that they didn't promise that M&B will move to Washington at the end of the school year. They just give the school as an excuse. I have little doubt that, come June, there will be another excuse. Of course, hopefully Drumpf will be impeached by then. Hey, a girl can dream.

Every morning it's like what ridiculous thing is happening in the Trump administration, while also thinking if it's still a huge nightmare.

Did anyone hear about Tulsi Gabbard? Democratic Representative from Hawaii who was interviewed for Trump's Cabinet. She was also one of the few reps to endorse Bernie Sanders way back when. Link: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democratic-rep-tulsi-gabbard-consideration-trump-cabinet/story?id=43696303

Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, a high-profile Bernie Sanders supporter during the Democratic primaries, is “under serious consideration” for various Cabinet positions in President-elect Donald Trump's administration, according to a senior official on the transition team.

According to the official, the 35-year-old Hawaii congresswoman is being looked as a candidate for secretary of state, secretary of defense or United Nations ambassador. If selected, Gabbard will be the first woman as well as the youngest pick for Trump's Cabinet.

She met with him this morning in his New York City offices at Trump Tower. The Trump transition source said that their sit-down was a “terrific meeting” and that the Trump team sees her as very impressive.

Gabbard, a progressive Democrat, has bucked her party in Congress and during the contentious Democratic primaries. In February she left her position as vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee to support Sanders. In the House she has broken with Democrats on the Syrian civil war (she supports keeping President Bashar al-Assad in power) and Syrian refugees (she voted for a GOP bill last year to conduct stricter background checks on refugees).

She honestly reminds me more of David Clarke, the sheriff from Milwaukee who is a registered Democrat but is Republican in all his views and spoke at the RNC. She seemed as someone who still has a few of her democratic views but aligns better with Republicans one.

46 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I can and will blame her for the massive disruption their presence in Manhattan will cause for the average New Yorker, especially those living and working in the immediate area. And for the cost to the taxpayers it will take to protect them adequately. 

I don't care if she's using it as a chance to get away from Trump for a while. She chose to marry him and to remain married to him. Buttercup needs to suck it the fuck up and deal. :pb_lol:

I think the Trumps should have to pay for any extra Secret Service and NYC police presence around Trump Tower.  Taxpayers shouldn't have to shoulder the cost of making Melania and Barron happy.

9 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I wonder if that's going to cause a brain drain of sorts out of government service, that people are going to look to leave, leave, or mentally check out of their jobs with the government.  Agent Orange and his supporters love to rag on government employees but who do they think keeps things running behind the scenes.

I live outside D.C., in an area where everyone pretty much works for the government in one capacity or another (including myself). This is a big concern. 

Thankfully I work for an agency that is somewhat protected from his dumb ass decisions and budget cuts. Though the thought of having to walk through a lobby everyday with his leering portrait on the wall makes me nauseated. 

However, my friend is a contractor for the State Department and she is concerned that all of the progressive, qualified, skilled people will leave. She is already hearing a lot of talk. Her point is, we need you around, we need you to act as a buffer against the craziness and create some resistance so they can't just decimate everything. 

Oh, and don't get me started on how in the primaries Republicans loved to talk about how they were going to decimate, just destroy, Washington D.C. and our jobs. Someone really needs to remind them that this is a metro area of six million people, who are American citizens just as much as anyone who lives in Ohio. We have bills and houses and families too. 

I'm pretty scared about all of this to be honest.

Trump doesn't now understand and has never understood how many people it takes to run this country of ours. Yeah I know the Republicans like to talk about the bloated bureaucracy blah blah blah, but it takes more than a village. I was amused at his idiot son-in-law's question about how many West Wing staffers would be staying after Obama departed. He was quite shocked to find out the answer was NONE, and that they wouldn't even be able to run their office unless they got busy and started hiring. They have NO FUCKING CLUE what to do and it's going to be a mess for who knows how long. I am hopeful that they can't do a lot of damage as long as they don't know what they're doing.

39 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Trump doesn't now understand and has never understood how many people it takes to run this country of ours. Yeah I know the Republicans like to talk about the bloated bureaucracy blah blah blah, but it takes more than a village. I was amused at his idiot son-in-law's question about how many West Wing staffers would be staying after Obama departed. He was quite shocked to find out the answer was NONE, and that they wouldn't even be able to run their office unless they got busy and started hiring. They have NO FUCKING CLUE what to do and it's going to be a mess for who knows how long. I am hopeful that they can't do a lot of damage as long as they don't know what they're doing.

Yeah I know people who last time the Republicans shut down the government had a bunch of unpaid vacation as a result.  They were running around getting drunk and boasting away how they stood up to the President all while forgetting the people whose lives were disrupted by their stupid shit.  

This brought to mind something else that happened before the election that really pissed me off.  One of our conservatives at church was going on with that bullshit about how Mrs. Clinton let a child rapist go free and how he and his buddies talked just like Agent Orange did about women after a couple beers.  I so wanted to tell this clown that: (1) only trashy perverted no good SOBs talk and act like Agent Orange; and (2) Criminal defense is not what I intend to go into, but if by some fluke I get called to defend someone on a criminal matter I am going to do the job the court orders me to do to the best of my ability.  And the guy at church can kiss my ass if he doesn't like it.

11 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I know people who last time the Republicans shut down the government had a bunch of unpaid vacation as a result.  They were running around getting drunk and boasting away how they stood up to the President all while forgetting the people whose lives were disrupted by their stupid shit.  

Oh, even better. The contractors went unpaid, but the Federal workers, as with the other government shutdowns, were retroactively paid for those weeks they weren't working.

So we shut down the government for three weeks, and still lost nearly all of the taxpayer money it would have taken to run the government for those three weeks. Oh, and add in the overtime pay for workers who needed to work extra when they came back to catch up with the backlog of work (i.e., State Department processing passports and visas).

The Washington Post published an interesting article about the Drumpf Foundation.

Basically, GuideStar has the Foundation's IRS filings, which indicate there was self-dealing. To quote Gomer Pyle, "surprise, surprise"

It's a lengthy article, but here is the first part:

President-elect Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has admitted to the IRS that it violated a legal prohibition against “self-dealing,” which bars nonprofit leaders from using their charity’s money to help themselves, their businesses or their families.

That admission was contained in the Donald J. Trump Foundation’s IRS tax filings for 2015, which were recently posted online at the nonprofit-tracking site GuideStar. A GuideStar spokesman said the forms were uploaded by the Trump Foundation’s law firm, Morgan, Lewis and Bockius.

The Post could not immediately confirm if the same forms had actually been sent to the IRS.

In one section of the form, the IRS asked if the Trump Foundation had transferred “income or assets to a disqualified person.” A disqualified person, in this context, might be Trump — the foundation’s president — or a member of his family, or a Trump-owned business.

The foundation checked “yes.”

Another line on the form asked if the Trump Foundation had engaged in any acts of self-dealing in prior years. The Trump Foundation checked “yes” again.

Such violations can carry penalties including excise taxes, and the charity leaders can be required to repay money that the charity spent on their behalf.

During the presidential campaign, The Washington Post reported on several instances in which Trump appeared to use the Trump Foundation’s money to buy items for himself or to help one of his for-profit businesses.

But the new Trump Foundation tax filings provided little detail so it was unclear if these admissions were connected to the instances reported in The Post.

The Trump Foundation tax forms did not, for instance, describe any specific acts of self-dealing. They also did not say whether Trump had paid any penalties already. That kind of detail would be submitted on a separate IRS form, which was not included in the information posted online Monday.

Spokesmen for Trump’s presidential campaign did not respond to a request for comment early Tuesday.

The article's author, David Fahrenthold, was one of The Post's strongest critics of Drumpf all along. He did some fabulous work in digging up important information. It's too bad that too many Agent Orange supporters didn't believe or care about any of it.

56 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It's too bad that too many Agent Orange supporters didn't believe or care about any of it.

The Orange Toxic Megacolon's groupies were all too busy striking a blow for the white man to give a shit about how many people the orange shithead and his buddies in Congress would hurt. 

But guys why should they care?! The emails the worst thing to ever happen :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: (I get exhausted with people stupidity).(Also hope you guys get my sarcasm cause a lot of people tell me I suck with it)  But can't he get sued for self-dealing??

The Emperor has no clothes. He still doesn't have clothes. He never had clothes. 

Why on earth are other people not sick of staring at his butt crack and ball sack?

The Emperor has no clothes. He still doesn't have clothes. He never had clothes. 
Why on earth are other people not sick of staring at his butt crack and ball sack?

Ewwwwwwwww. So much for sleeping any more with thoughts of the Orange Toxic Megacolon's butt crack and nut stack running through my head.

His orangeness the Arsehole in Chief is now telling to foreign states who they should name as ambassador to the US, via twitter obviously. Guess...he wanted his bestie Farage. Of course the UK declined with much more grace and diplomatic tact than he deserves.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/22/nigel-farage-will-not-be-ambassador-to-us-say-no10-and-foreign-office-donald-trump

No 10 declined to criticise Trump’s call for Farage to become the ambassador and stressed that it was “important to reiterate that the UK already has an incredibly strong and enduring relationship with the United States”.

The prime minister’s spokesman said: “As far as the ambassador goes, there is no vacancy for that position. We have an excellent ambassador to the United States and he will continue his work.”

Overnight, Trump tweeted that Farage’s appointment would be a popular choice, an unprecedented comment from an incoming US president in suggesting a foreign appointment to another world leader, especially given Farage’s opposition to the government.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived