IGNORED

The Third Debate: Was the Coin Toss Rigged Too? *eyeroll*

Destiny

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lovely and talented @GreyhoundFan is going to help recap as well. THANK YOU!

I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna run to the store and pick up some doritos or popcorn for the festivity.

Just now, Destiny said:

The lovely and talented @GreyhoundFan is going to help recap as well. THANK YOU!

I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna run to the store and pick up some doritos or popcorn for the festivity.

Thank you!

I would suggest several bottles of adult beverages along with the chips or popcorn!

9 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thank you!

I would suggest several bottles of adult beverages along with the chips or popcorn!

Oh don't think for a minute I'm recapping the Cheeto faced, ferret-wearing, shitgibbon SOBER! ....should I buy some Cheetos in his honour? I rather like them.

Dear CNN,

Please shut the people in the background up. I'm hard of hearing and I can't hear Anderson over the chanters.

Love,
Me

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh don't think for a minute I'm recapping the Cheeto faced, ferret-wearing, shitgibbon SOBER! ....should I buy some Cheetos in his honour? I rather like them.

I !ike the crunchy ones. :pb_smile:

You guys rock! 

I'm baking apple pie pockets right now. Because nothing says 'MURICA more than apple pie pockets with USA carved into the crust. Husband and I are going to enjoy those during the debate. Hopefully we don't wind up wasting delicious food by throwing it at the screen. 

23 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Dear CNN,

Please shut the people in the background up. I'm hard of hearing and I can't hear Anderson over the chanters.

Love,
Me

Destiny, your new avi just about killed me! HILARIOUS! 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

You guys rock! 

I'm baking apple pie pockets right now. Because nothing says 'MURICA more than apple pie pockets with USA carved into the crust. Husband and I are going to enjoy those during the debate. Hopefully we don't wind up wasting delicious food by throwing it at the screen. 

Make America white great again! 

CNN just had Rudy Giuliani and Mark Cuban on. I swear, if anyone needs a drug test, it's Rudy. He's crazed and incoherent. The CNN interviewer looked like she wanted to smack him a couple of times. He kept yammering on and on and on and on about Monica Lewinsky and how Bill and Hillary tried to send her to a mental institution. He is unhinged. Mark Cuban asked how Bill's interactions with women should inform Hillary's ability to lead the country. Of course, Rudy pivoted to another incoherent rant. Sigh.

Ooh, in a better debate warm up, "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is on ABC! I need some Peanuts! I got a rock.

I_got_a_rock.JPG

Shallow end for a moment: WHAT THE HELL is Kayleigh wearing right now? That pink top is ....just no.

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Shallow end for a moment: WHAT THE HELL is Kayleigh wearing right now? That pink top is ....just no.

Yikes. It is not a good choice. She's also wearing too much blush, or maybe she's already getting worked up.

Okay, here are the rules for the debate, according to CNN.

he third presidential debate:

TIME: The debate will begin at 9 p.m. ET on CNN and other major networks. It will last 90 minutes, with no commercials and no breaks.

MODERATOR: "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace.

DEBATE FORMAT: The debate will be divided into six segments of 15 minutes each. The topics for those segments, selected by Wallace, are: "Debt and entitlements," "Immigration," "Economy," "Supreme Court," "Foreign hot spots" and "Fitness to be President."

SEGMENT FORMAT: Each segment will begin with a question. One candidate will have two minutes to respond, then the other candidate will have two minutes to respond. That will be followed by 10 to 11 minutes of open debate and discussion.

WHO GOES FIRST?: The first question will go to Clinton, according to the Commission on Presidential Debates. The same question will then be asked to Trump. In the second segment, the order will be reversed, with the lead-off question going to Trump, then Clinton. And so on.

PLACEMENT: As in the first debate, Trump will be on the left side of your screen and Clinton will be on the right, according to the Commission on Presidential Debates.

I'll be interested to see if Chris Wallace can keep them on topic for each segment.

Just to give an idea of how seriously I'm taking this debate, I spent half an hour in the wine aisle today trying to pick bottles of wine with labels representative of each candidate. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a market for wine branded as either "Qualified, competent, badass woman with a likability problem" or "Foulmouthed, bigoted boy-orangutan with a penchant for trophy wives and gaudy decor."

I did, however, settle on some pretty excellent alternatives. I'll post a photo of the labels when I get around to it :pb_biggrin:

All right. I'm ready for this. Bring on the lies, bullshit, and shenanigans. IMG_2641.JPG

Seriously, the guy in the background on CNN needs to shut the fuck up. I can't hear Anderson over him!

43 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Destiny, your new avi just about killed me! HILARIOUS! 

@OnceUponATime found it somewhere and mentioned it to me, and I think it's my favourite anti-trump icon ever. LOVE IT!

Okay, they can start now, CNN just showed Scott Baio in the crowd. Chachi is in the house. I wonder if he's there to "un-nerve" Hillary?

I will declare this debate a knock-out for Hillary if she a. deadpans "Wrong... Wrong... Wrong..." during one of trumps many lies. and b. if she ends the debate with "Donald, you're fired".

Trump can win if he has no more than one lie during the whole debate and doesn't say "disaster"

1 minute ago, OnceUponATime said:

Trump can win if he has no more than one lie during the whole debate and doesn't say "disaster"

I don't think he is physically capable of doing either of these things, but most definitely not the bolded.

IMG_3512.JPG

Our debate snacks. Pretty accurate representation of this election - ugly as sin and makes most of America look like we're begging for death. Or something.

Fingers crossed they at least taste good. :pb_lol:

I wish the crowd behind the CNN commentators would tone it down. There is someone with a whistle. If I were one of the panelists, I would turn around and grab that annoying whistle. The non-stop chanting/shouting is annoying too.

Is it just me, or is there way more mayhem in the background for this one? Chanting, noise, etc.

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wish the crowd behind the CNN commentators would tone it down. There is someone with a whistle. If I were one of the panelists, I would turn around and grab that annoying whistle. The non-stop chanting/shouting is annoying too.

THIS! I'm gonna drive my ass over there and shove that whistle where the sun don't shine. (whistles trigger a headache for me.)

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Our debate snacks. Pretty accurate representation of this election - ugly as sin and makes most of America look like we're begging for death. Or something.

Fingers crossed they at least taste good. :pb_lol:

I think they look freeking delightful. I'll eat one!

33 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yikes. It is not a good choice. She's also wearing too much blush, or maybe she's already getting worked up.

Okay, here are the rules for the debate, according to CNN.

I'll be interested to see if Chris Wallace can keep them on topic for each segment.

I can't see her, but as long as we're on the subject, I hate the heavy eye makeup that Scottie Nell Hughes wears for her CNN appearances. To me, she always looks like she's put her eye makeup on to go out honky-tonkin'. Scottie, please tone it down when you are playing professional Cheeto dust sweeper-upper! 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

You guys rock! 

I have brownies. Can I trade two brownies for two pie pockets? :pb_smile:

LOL! The Debate Commission dude just threw shade at Trump for interrupting. Thank you Commission Dude!

I love it. The Debate Commission spokesperson just listed some of the sponsors. One was Anheuser-Busch. How appropriate, since most of us could use a six pack (or a keg) to get through this election.

16 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

I will declare this debate a knock-out for Hillary if she a. deadpans "Wrong... Wrong... Wrong..." during one of trumps many lies. and b. if she ends the debate with "Donald, you're fired".

Hope Hillary can slip the word "grab" into the the debate, at least a couple of times.

Dear UNLV dude:

I don't care. On with the show please. (Disclaimer: I really really really hate Las Vegas.)

Congrats on your medical school though.

(My hate for Vegas has more to do with hate for crowds and the desert than anything.)

• OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived