IGNORED

The Third Debate: Was the Coin Toss Rigged Too? *eyeroll*

Destiny

Just now, Destiny said:

Dear UNLV dude:

I don't care. On with the show please. (Disclaimer: I really really really hate Las Vegas.)

Congrats on your medical school though.

I love Vegas, but I was shouting for him to shut up.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

restrain yourselves audience. You do not have consent to make noise. Let the candidates make their case to try and grab the presidency...

Just now, OnceUponATime said:

restrain yourselves audience. You do not have consent to make noise. Let the candidates make their case to try and grab the presidency...

Unfortunately, some audience members will be obnoxious, if this follows the previous debates.

Chris Wallace introduced the candidates at 9:04 PM Eastern. He said he chose the questions and they haven't been shared. I'm sure Agent Orange will say Hillary got the questions in advance, even though anyone with 2+ brain cells rubbing together would know what questions will come up.

First question -- where do you want to see the SCOTUS go and should the Constitution be inflexible or flexible? Hillary is up first.

OK, showtime. Chris Wallace is telling the audience to keep their mouths shut. Any bets on how many times he has to tell people to shut the actual fuck up?

While Wolf talks, time to start the first glass of wine.

"Discipline and Donald Trump do not go hand in hand" .....understatement of the century CNN lady whose name I forget!

......Does anyone give any fucks if they shake hands? I give ZERO of them. Personally, I wouldn't want to touch Trump's hand. Not without a gallon of hand sanitiser! *gags*

Chris is re-explaining the rules. I won't bore you with them. He decided the topics and questions.

Hillary said that the SCOTUS should represent everyday people, not the rich and powerful. She referenced Citizens United. She mentioned Roe v. Wade and Marriage Equality. She got a dig in about the Senate confirming a nominee.

I hate his face so much. Like... it's almost irrational. 

Update: The pie pockets were delightful. Tasted way better than they looked. Husband and I are pleased. Fingers crossed Cinammon Hitler doesn't make me vomit them up.

Cheeto is yammering about personal attacks. I don't understand how this applies to SCOTUS. He is now saying that Hillary is going to demolish the 2nd Amendment. He's saying he will nominate 2nd Amendment lovers who are conservative and anti abortion. He said "it's all about the constitution the way it was meant to be."

The Supreme Court

you're going to have to determine the balance of the court for the next 25 year.

1)Where do you want the court to take the country

2)How do you think the constitution should be interpreted

Clinton 1st - should be on the side of the American people and not the corporations and wealthy. Should stand up to rights of minorities LGTB

It's important to not reverse marriage equality, roe vs wade. We need to stand up and say the Supreme court should represent all of us.

(meanwhile donald is glaring/squinting but omg staying silent)

Trump - Thank you... our country is so so,... it's imperative that we have the right justices. One of them recently made bad statements about me and my followers. The 2nd amendment is under absolute siege. If my opponent wins this race she'll get rid of it, but i don't think she'll win. My justices will be pro life, 2nd amendment. they will interpret the constitution how the founders wanted it to be.

Onto the open discussion

Question: Supreme Court - Where do you want to see the Court take the country and what's your view on how the Court interprets the Constitution.

Hillary: This is the central issue in this election. The Supreme Court sets the tone for what we want this country to be. They should stand up for women's, LGBT+ rights, and revert Citizen's United. Keep marriage equality, Roe v Wade. Court should represent all of us and stand up to the powerful and protect our rights. Also a lovely dig at Republicans refusing to take action on Obama's nominee.

Donald: Supreme Court is super important y'all. A dig at Ginsburg (sp?) for something she said about him. He wants the second amendment upheld. He's referring to his list of justices. They will be pro-life and conservative (there went my vote!)

He practiced. He's not rambling as much. Wait, never mind, he just lost his thought train.

Hillary is talking about the gun show loop hole and background checks, neither of which hurts the 2nd Amendment. Thank you.

Donald: Supreme Court is super important y'all. A dig at Ginsburg (sp?) for something she said about him. He wants the second amendment upheld. He's referring to his list of justices. They will be pro-life and conservative (there went my vote!)

He practiced. He's not rambling as much. Wait, never mind, he just lost his thought train.

Ugh - a dig at RBG?? Seriously? I wonder how much he truly understands the Supreme Court.

He is yammering about Chicago and their horrible crime rate. He is so proud of his NRA endorsement, the earliest they EVER gave... sigh. He said that any justices he nominates will push for unlimited gun ownership.

Open discussion on Supreme Court: Asking about some ruling whose name I missed that she disagreed with the Court. She supports 2nd amendment, but thinks we need sensible safeguards - comprehensive background checks and close gun show and online loophole. (Hillary)

To trump: How will you ensure that the 2nd amendment is protected? (Dig at her temperament) She was "extremely upset". Hillary: yes, I was upset because toddlers keep dying because of irresponsible gun storage. (So, she's a reasonable person!?)

Chris: you support no gun laws or restrictions at all. Trump, exactly because Chicago has very restrictive gun laws and it doesn't help.

He's pro-life now, but he was pro-choice before. . . I guess he doesn't know the he doesn't put anybody on the court, the Senate has to confirm Supreme Court nominees.

• OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived