IGNORED

The Third Debate: Was the Coin Toss Rigged Too? *eyeroll*

Destiny

Yes, HC wants to help the middle class, small businesses, equal pay, better education, debt free college. . . YAY MAKE THE WEALTHY PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE! Trump's plan will cost us jobs

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

OMG my head is going to explode.... when they yell over each other I just want to slap both of them.

I give her credit for not being passive and letting him talk over her without a challenge. Too many women feel like they have to do that on a daily basis. It's phenomenal to see a strong, intelligent, and well spoken woman refuse to allow that to happen to her - especially on a national stage.

Cheeto said that her plan will double everyone's taxes. Of course, he can't stay on topic, he's gone back to Japan and Saudi Arabia and NATO. He needs some Ritalin.

Seriously, it's 2016, why are we still arguing about whether women deserve equal pay?

Real talk. I've worked in tech all my life. NEVER a once have I made even the SAME as my male counterparts. My first job? 3 dollars an hour less. Second? 15% less. Third? 30% less. HOW IS THIS STILL A THING IN 2016?

OH Loweredy Loo - he is going to renegotiate or terminate NAFTA?  All by himself?!  Good gravy.

Uh, Cheeto, independent CONSERVATIVE organisations have looked at the tax plans. YOURS will cost me more. Hillary's will not. Also, how is NATO relevant?

YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER! JAPAN PAYS A HUGE PORTION OF WHAT IT COSTS TO KEEP BASES THERE AND MOVING THEM WOULD COST MORE MONEY THAN IT WOULD SAVE.

*starts glass #2*

He is saying "we'll renegotiate trade". Yeah, sure. He's yammering about NAFTA again. He is going to "renegotiate NAFTA", because "it's been a disaster". He is going to "start the engines again". WTH?

She pointed out that he is pushing for massive tax cuts. She said that she will not have a tax increase for people who earn less than $250K a year. She mentioned that Obama has cut the massive deficit he was handed. She pivoted to training and education to get ahead.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I give her credit for not being passive and letting him talk over her without a challenge. Too many women feel like they have to do that on a daily basis. It's phenomenal to see a strong, intelligent, and well spoken woman refuse to allow that to happen to her - especially on a national stage.

You would not want to see me on that stage. I would be like, " LISTEN, YOU ORANGE ASSHOLE. I AM FUCKING TALKING!"  <-- And that is why I am an observer of politics and not in it. 

Oh good grief. Cheeto (aka the peanut gallery) had to interject "correct" when Chris Wallace mentioned that her plan seems similar to Obama's stimulus package.

Trump: some rambling over economy...

Clinton: Let me translate that if I can, Chris.

Trump: You can't. 

Me (on my couch): No one can! You make absolutely no sense you witless fuckmuppet (still my favorite...)!

Clinton In your plan the govt plays a big role. Trump you want to get rid of regulations

Clinton: when the middle-class thrives America thrives. I want us to have the biggest job programme since ww2. New energy not only to fight climate change but to make jobs. I want to raise the minimum wage so people working fulltime aren't living in poverty.

education - preschool to college. more technical schools. college debt free for people under $125000

Most of the gains have gone to the top. They are going to pay more. Independant experts say 10mil new jobs. Trumps might lose 3.5mil jobs. Why? the biggest tax breaks will go to the wealthy and corporations. It'll be trickle-down economics on steroids.

Trump: her plan is a disaster and will raise your taxes. We'll have a massive massive tax increase.

When I said Japan and Germany - they are very rich powerful countries. Saudi Arabia why aren't they paying. NATO. Since i questioned this a year ago all of a sudden they're paying. She comes out saying they're great. We can't do that if you want them to pay up.

We're going to have more freetrade. Our jobs are being sucked out by Bill's NAFTA(?) trade deal. I'm going to renegotiate it. if i can't we'll terminate it. and i'll make a great trade deal

We're going to cut taxes massively. for businesses to. our country is dying at 1% GDP

Clinton: let me translate that. He's advocating for the biggest tax cuts ever. I won't raise taxes for people who earn under $X. I won't add to the debt. Trump will.

Cutting tax on the wealthy will not work.

Mod to Clinton - In many ways your plan is like Obama's plan. Is your plan even more of Obama's stimulas

Clinton: when you inherit the economic catastrophe like Obama did it's head. People were physically distraught. I believe that Obama saved the economy. he took hard positions. I say invest from the ground up. Help the economy get running. It's the kind of approach that'll help create jobs. We've got to do more to get the whole economy moving

She is reinforcing her plan to help from the bottom up. She feels she can get the economy moving.

Chris Wallace said that even conservative economists say Cheeto's plan is not realistic. He didn't understand the question and started talking about India and China. He also talked about how "bad" the most recent jobs report was. I don't know what jobs report he's talking about, the ones I've seen have been positive. Now he's yammering about NAFTA again. Seriously. She looks like she's ready to hit him. Now he's yammering about TPP.  If you try to follow him, you get whiplash.

She said there's only one of us on stage who has shipped jobs to Mexico and China, that would be Donald. She then talked about how he uses Chinese steel to build his hotels and he cries crocodile tears.

He's now back to the "everything wrong in the last 30 years is Hillary's fault" meme.

Sigh. I just lost my stream for like 5 minutes.

I am loving Chris Wallace right now. Who would have expected me to like a Faux News guy?

He brought up the lie that they "couldn't find" millions of dollars when she was with the State Department. She pointed out that has been debunked multiple times.

She just mopped the floor with him while explaining her experience.  Well done.

What the hell is he yammering in about? Is he having a break? He just said it was Hillary's fault he bought out of country steel? The fuck....

She's talking about all things she's been doing over the last 30 years and pointing out what he's been doing ("the Apprentice", slamming Alicia Machado, taking millions in loans from his daddy, etc). He said, well I'm proud of what I've done, at least I've gotten things done. Seriously. He said that with a straight face.

Just now, Mecca said:

What the hell is he yammering in about? Is he having a break? He just said it was Hillary's fault he bought out of country steel? The fuck....

I was coming back in about then and WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST HEAR????????????????????

Mod to Trump: economists say your plan won't work (?)

Trump: India has GDP higher than us. I asked if the last jobs report was the last one before the election because i should win easily.

Our products are pouring in from China, ... (YES TRUMP TIES!)

it's horrible to all these peoples. They suffered from NAFTA. She wants to sign in TTP. They fact checked it and said *I* was right. (you could imagine he stuck out his tongue at her)

Clinton: there is only one of us on this stage who was moved jobs to Mexico. China dumps steel here. Trump buys it and used it here in the hotel. He has given jobs to Chinese ones not Americans. That doesn't work. Trade prosecutor to enforce agreements.

Trump: she's been doing this for 30 years why didn't you do this earlier. you were very involved in every aspect. You have experience but it's bad. it's turned out badly. How do you miss $6bil? If you become president this country will be some mess

Clinton: what he said about state department (6bil) has been debunked. Back in the 70s i took on discrimination in school, he was getting sued for racial discrimination. I'm happy to compare my 30years of experience trying to help families get ahead. (see her website)

Trump: I think i did a good job. I made a massive company worth billions. If we could run the country how i run my company we could be proud of it. She gave us ISIS because she made a vacuum. She gave it to us as sure as you are sitting there. She's going to get rid of nobody.

Next: fitness to be president

No! You can not run a country the same way you run a company (even if you were actually good at running said company). They are two different animals.

• OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived