IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, snickerz said:

Regarding the photo, I'm shocked a cross-legged photo was posted. If buttons on a shirt are an eye trap, a cross legged photo is also an eye trap, and could lead men to think about her crotch. Something to think about, Steve.

It'll be OK because she's wearing an ankle-length skirt though. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a dream last nite the family went on the what some call a vacation to Colorado and I helped Stud John escape by paddling away in a kayak while everyone was hiking a 14er and he stayed behind to "work". After we were safely away he rewarded me with sex.

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Had a dream last nite the family went on the what some call a vacation to Colorado and I helped Stud John escape by paddling away in a kayak while everyone was hiking a 14er and he stayed behind to "work". After we were safely away he rewarded me with sex.

There might be an audience for Maxwell fanfic. Something to think about.

3 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

There might be an audience for Maxwell fanfic. Something to think about.

No fanfic allowed on FJ -- but parodies are fine.

@Trynn's parodies are a joy to behold.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

There might be an audience fomMaxwell fanfic. Something to t hink about.

This isnt the first time Ive dreamed about the Maxwells and the Duggar, probably means Im On FJ too much.

Steve wrote another entry in his debt free series.

After a passive aggressive knock on his father for introducing him to flying, he goes on to talk about developing "appetites" in our children that cause them to spend time and money in ways that are not edifying.

Basically these appetites are simply hobbies, nothing more.

I can see a parent giving up an expensive hobby like flying when trying to raise a family, but who is to say it's not edifying?

Mountain climbing and kayaking?  Edifying.  Flying? Not.  Why?

I'm still waiting for real, actionable advice from Stevehovah on how I can become debt-free. Mr Alba and I are going to be either renting or buying a new place soon, so if Stevie could help us do that without going into debt it'd be fantastic.

Yeah I know, he'll probably say we should just stay in my parents' house until we have enough in cash. Cause that's not weird or selfish at all.

This isn't about flying, and it isn't even about having a hobby. It's about the fact that Steve has no self control. 

It became my passion. I poured every cent I could into learning how to fly and after I got my license in flying itself. At first my flying money came from my paper route and then later from my first job. Any extra money I had went toward flying.

It is entirely possible to have a hobby that doesn't take all of our extra money. It's possible to have a passion for something in a way that doesn't interfere with the pursuit of God. In fact, some hobbies actually aid a person's pursuit of God.

When I read things like this, I feel so bad for Teri. I would be miserable if I were married to a man who had so little self control that he tried to control and micromanage everything in such a way that he no longer experienced temptation.

Ugh. Steve is an asshole. It's basically code for "unless you're spending all our time in Jesus you are a bad person who's doomed to hell". 

Hobbies are not all expensive. Flying is quite a niche hobby- what about music, art, sport? 

Agree that Steve has no self control. What a douchenugget.

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

Steve wrote another entry in his debt free series.

After a passive aggressive knock on his father for introducing him to flying, he goes on to talk about developing "appetites" in our children that cause them to spend time and money in ways that are not edifying.

Basically these appetites are simply hobbies, nothing more.

I can see a parent giving up an expensive hobby like flying when trying to raise a family, but who is to say it's not edifying?

Mountain climbing and kayaking?  Edifying.  Flying? Not.  Why?

Flying is very very expensive--when my father took flying lessons, he ended up buying a 2 seater.  It was cheaper than renting a plane.  I don't think the Maxwells travel that much to justify the expense of a plane, hell, they probably can't justify buying another bus.

I won't even try to guess what happened to that man but something sure as hell knocked his brain into his skull sideways and he came out of it alive, but not living.

Edifying my ass.

He just doesn't know how to actually live life. He's just too fucking scared that he isn't good enough for his god. He's just too incapable of functioning like a healthy, thriving human being.

And since he is incapable, he won't even let his kids try.

What the hell is wrong with someone having an interest and pursuing it? Maybe you have to juggle finances if you're raising a family and the money can't spread to cover everything. But, what god told human beings to refrain from that which gives them joy or brings them happiness and/or fulfillment?

I refuse to accept that any god has any say in the matter. It's all about Steve all the time. His family is stunted because he is such a coward.

He seriously makes me want to vomit.

I am a Numismatist which is someone who studies and collects coins, currency, tokens, bank notes, and medals.  It is a hobby I have enjoyed since adolescence.  Right now I have  over 7600 coins in my collection, individual value of the coins range from .01 to over $325.  Do I spend too much too much time and money on my hobby?  Sometimes.  But it helps relax me after a stressful day at work which is good for my health.  Eventually I will have to sell my coins when I get old  and decrepit in which a profit will be made hopefully.  And if I die before then at least I can leave it to my family.  And some asswipe like Coward tells me I'm  a heathen for doing something that benefits me psychologically and financially.

The only hobby that Steve allowed his children to have is reading the Bible. He has denied his children and his wife any personal joy that probably would make them happy. 

Sometimes Steve, unintentionally, gives a real peek into the Maxwell's joyless existence. 

What a fool he is to take what should be treasured memories: time spent with his dad, learning a marketable skill, embracing a special hobby, and twist it into sinning in the eyes of God. 

He worked hard to earn the money to indulge his passion. Shouldn't those who work hard to achieve something they want be allowed to enjoy the fruits of their labor? I believe he makes an idol out of privation for himself and his family.

He won't even allow his children to indulge in well-earned treats in any other size but miniscule. Paint a siblings home?  Work in the Maxhell Family sweatshop all day? Chop enough wood for the entire winter for four families and stack it? Clean multiple homes? Pour cement slabs and do your own wiring?

The main treat for all of this always appears to be the smallest Blizzard on Dairy Queen's menu. Normally I  wouldn't snark on that, but a Dixie Cup size of ice cream doesn't do it for me on a good day, and I refuse to believe it does it for them after a day of slaving away. Maybe I feel this way because I believe that little cup of ice cream comes with a lecture which takes away the sweetness of the gesture. I guess I'm dancing into BEC territory here...

Maybe I just dislike Steve enough to see ulterior motives no matter what he does--I still worry about Ellie the dog's longevity in that family.

Steve's object lessons are often cruel.

11 hours ago, Season of life... said:

He worked hard to earn the money to indulge his passion. Shouldn't those who work hard to achieve something they want be allowed to enjoy the fruits of their labor? I believe he makes an idol out of privation for himself and his family.

<<snip for conciseness>>

Maybe I just dislike Steve enough to see ulterior motives no matter what he does--I still worry about Ellie the dog's longevity in that family.

Steve's object lessons are often cruel.

re:  the bolded--you're a genius; this sums up Steve perfectly.

I also worry about Ellie; yes, Sarah will always take good care of her, but Steve strikes me as the type who sees pets as disposable  (I've known several people like this).  I hope he never finds a reason to take her away from Sarah.

as @SPHASH inquired, I wouldn't be surprised if they bailed on voting.  one of my FB friends from college posted that she voted this morning and was a bit uneasy over her ballot.  I asked her to be confident in her choices; I hope everyone is.

I think the Maxwell voted. They have made it clear to their kids that it is important . I would think  if they could not vote for the party's pro life candidate, they would find some pro life 3rd party candidate and talk to their (adult) kids into voting for them.

My daughter is having the hardest time today in Utah. It is crazy how the kids just quote their parents but it is worse since schools are voting places and the kids are yelling and have signs in front of voters feet away from the voting room during lunch. My daughter is hiding in the bathroom. Why is pro life the only issue for so many people? My daughter is way more upset that she has 58 kids in her Math class.

I am shocked that Terri hung out with multiple trouser wearing females. And seemed to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I am shocked that Terri hung out with multiple trouser wearing females. And seemed to enjoy it.

This is true. But perhaps the Jesus belief is the main thing? After all, this isn't a Maxwell-run conference; Teri is only a guest. She can't set the rules. Plus, they were all women there. Wearing skirts is mainly to protect the eyes and hearts of men. 

They have also never out-and-out told someone to wear skirts. They just bitch about immodest women amongst themselves and write pass-agg Corners about it. Women also wore pants to the conferences sometimes. Steve was probably too focused on spreading the message to care much about what each individual woman wore. Or maybe he trained himself and the boys to only focus on a woman's face. IDK.

On the event website, there's a photo of Nancy Demo$$ Wolg€muth* among a group of women and her husband** and it surely does seem that  NDW is wearing long black pants under a big black, gold-trimmed cape-affair. There's a name for that item of clothing but I can't recall it. Basically it's a huge square of fabric with a hole in the middle thru which your head goes. I believe it's the group photo of the attendees from foreign countries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* "Demo$$" & "Wolg€muth" = My none-too-subtle reminder that the Wolgemuths are richer than Croesus.

** Mr. Wolgemuth was at least one husband there in danger of being tempted by eye traps! 

Actually yeah there were a few men there. So IDK. Maybe skirts-only modesty isn't a requirement there. The belief in Jesus is the core requirement. 

Can't see the photo you mean, @MamaJunebug, but do you mean a poncho? 

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Actually yeah there were a few men there. So IDK. Maybe skirts-only modesty isn't a requirement there. The belief in Jesus is the core requirement. 

Can't see the photo you mean, @MamaJunebug, but do you mean a poncho? 

Poncho!!!  Thank you! Why can I never remember that word?

Stevie is fasting again, but hasn't got time for to pray for headships that will be abstaining from an animal cracker, salad made with a pizza cutter or bean burritos.... 

Sounds like his fasting already with this confused email:

It has been a year since we had a Seriously Dad’s fast day. I've wanted to have another one, but I have not been able to set aside a day to pray for those who sign up. I decided it would be better to schedule a fast day, even if I couldn't pray for your requests individually. Therefore, we won't have a signup for it. 

I will join you in fasting and pray generally for you. Will you lift up other dads who are fasting as well? This will be a no food fast all day Monday, November 14th. I encourage you to take part.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived