IGNORED

True Xtians-no ice cream-1M moms don't like balls (MERGED)

Maggie Mae

Guest Anonymous

I just hope that all one million moms don't decide, en masse, to picket Ben and Jerry's corporate headquarters. That much simultaneous pearl-clutching would deafen, not just the Ben and Jerry's workers, but everyone else within a three-mile radius.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One can only imagine how pissed OMM were when, in celebration of Vermont legalizing gay marriage in 2009, Ben & Jerry's temporarily changed the name of Chubby Hubby to Hubby Hubby. Tee hee.

Mmmm more for me then

*tucks into pint of B&J* OM NOM NOM NOM

Thats right, we can have it allllllll!!

I didn't think S Balls flavor was released yet?(I thought closer to x-mas?) I actually read the B&J site from time to time and must have missed the launch of this. (I always try evey new flavor as soon as I see it in the store.)

My B&J pint cozy and mini shovel await the new flavor!

I just hope that all one million moms don't decide, en masse, to picket Ben and Jerry's corporate headquarters. That much simultaneous pearl-clutching would deafen, not just the Ben and Jerry's workers, but everyone else within a three-mile radius.

I don't think the cows that surround the plant will mind that much...if you've ever been on the factory tour, you'll see that there's not much in the close area to the plant.

I don't think the cows that surround the plant will mind that much...if you've ever been on the factory tour, you'll see that there's not much in the close area to the plant.

That is what I was going to say. There is not even a sign announcing which exit to get off or where to go once you do get off. Without a GPS we would have missed the exit. It is really in the middle of nowhere. I doubt anyone would go there ot picket because noone but B&J fans would see them anyway. I would have busted through all million moms if they were blocking my way to that promised land

Thats right, we can have it allllllll!!

I didn't think S Balls flavor was released yet?(I thought closer to x-mas?) I actually read the B&J site from time to time and must have missed the launch of this. (I always try evey new flavor as soon as I see it in the store.)

My B&J pint cozy and mini shovel await the new flavor!

We have it here in Alaska. I had some two nights ago. It was pretty good, not my favorite, but good.

I had to go to the B&J website to check this out. I have to say, why aren't the million moms upset about the flavor "what a cluster", or do they not really know what that means?

Eh. The One Million Moms are not taken that seriously. They tried to close down Modern Family and look how that went.

I agree they aren't taken seriously by companies or advertisers. They have tried to take down several TV shows but they have failed so far. Their only recent success was that they got Chuck-E-Cheese to pull ads from Pretty Little Liars. I snarked on the testimonials section of OMM in another thread here. OMM is basically another version Parents Television Council.

Was perusing RadarOnline and found this gem from One Million Moms.... it seems like they are clutching their pearls at Ben & Jerry's "Schweddy Balls", which is a special edition ice cream celebrating the infamous Saturday Night Live Skit of the same name.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... ive-groups

It seems they were also pissed off last year when they put out a special edition of Chubby Hubby called "hubby hubby" celebrating gay marraige. Pearl Clutching galore!

While I don't condone teaching little kids jokes about balls, honestly I don't think they'd get it unless they'd seen the SNL skit, which is unlikely for a child. There are milk balls, malt balls, ect, and Schweddy balls does have malt balls in it. I wouldn't have a problem sending my kid to the store for some schweddy balls

PS If you haven't seen the SNL skit, I HIGHLY recommend you look it up, it's fuckin funny, spit varous foods out your nose funny... it's prolly on Utube.

Oh my goodness, I think that skit is HILARIOUS. And I seriously doubt that kids who haven't seen the SNL skit will understand. If I was worried about my child seeing the ice cream with that name, I just wouldn't buy any. Besides, I have tendonitis and pearl clutching would make my hands hurt. :P

We have it here in Alaska. I had some two nights ago. It was pretty good, not my favorite, but good.

Its out already? I have a cold, as soon as I get my full taste back I will find some.

It might be a while before Schweddy Balls is (are?) available. I was so excited when they announced Jimmy Fallon's Late Night Snack flavor, and it took at least a couple of weeks before it was in stores.

I don't see how they can boycott balls. Some balls are held for charity, and some for fancy dress . . . Anyway, I remember browsing their website and they were all happy because they successfully convinced some companies to stop advertise during Glee during the first season. Then the show was nominated for something like 19 Emmys. Yes, I really hope those companies are satisfied with their decision.

I'm surprised they'd eat ben and Jerry's... don't they know that people call them BJ ice cream? *At least here we do*... cmon now!

I'm not so sure some fundies know what "BJ" means. Here is the land of Bob Jones University, some students and alums call the skool BJ and do so completely without irony.

I'm straight, but I occasionally enjoy some schweddy balls, and I'm not talking about the ice cream... but I'm just a heathen Buddhist so has an express ticket to the fires of Hell. lol

Fundies can't afford B&J's anyway so why are they even acting like they buy it? They would rather save the difference and buy generic ice cream by the gallon than go for quality.

I know a homeschooler named BJ and he is 16. Its unfortunate,but I don't think he has any idea because his family is completely in their own world.

Fundies can't afford B&J's anyway so why are they even acting like they buy it? They would rather save the difference and buy generic ice cream by the gallon than go for quality.

I know a homeschooler named BJ and he is 16. Its unfortunate,but I don't think he has any idea because his family is completely in their own world.

and do the other homeschoolers have any idea? Maybe his parents did him a great favor by homeschooling him (after the greatest disfavor of his name)

Archived