IGNORED

True Xtians-no ice cream-1M moms don't like balls (MERGED)

Maggie Mae

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big fan of balls or penises but now I want ice cream. The extent of my opinion on the name is it's not in very good taste, which, of course, is subjective. And they know their customer base better than me.

Damn! all corporations do not think like conservative christians? Well we have to make them disappear! All of them!

It makes me think about that stupid local ordinance in Iraq I think that was saying you should not make tomato/cucumber salads because both veggies looked too sexual

Well, that ice cream's name certainly doesn't sound very appetizing. But after reading the description, it looks like it might actually taste nice. I work near a Ben & Jerry's store, so now just to piss off OMM, I'm going to get some.

Damn! all corporations do not think like conservative christians? Well we have to make them disappear! All of them!

It makes me think about that stupid local ordinance in Iraq I think that was saying you should not make tomato/cucumber salads because both veggies looked too sexual

But in tomato cucumber salad, the veggies are sliced. What is sexual about that? /confused

But in tomato cucumber salad, the veggies are sliced. What is sexual about that? /confused

Are you actually trying to make sense of sex-obsessed fundies?

ok my bad I remember a video by an iraqi blogger showing his mom preparing such a salad, but the ban was on buying the veggies together, as a quick google search showed:

"They include a ban on women buying suggestively-shaped vegetables, according to one tribal leader in the western province of Anbar.

Sheikh Hameed al-Hayyes, a Sunni elder, told Reuters: "They even killed female goats because their private parts were not covered and their tails were pointed upward, which they said was haram.

"They regarded the cucumber as male and tomato as female. Women were not allowed to buy cucumbers, only men." "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ality.html

One Million Moms an offshoot of AFA also responded to this on their site

www.onemillionmoms.com/Issues.asp?page=1

They have also managed to find other things to bitch about such as Chaz Bono on DWTS, Levi's ad's and Lane Bryant ads.

When it comes down it the people bitching about the Schweddy Balls ice cream are stupid nobody is forcing them to eat Ben and Jerry's.

I'm going to the store today to buy a pint of Shweddy Balls! As a side note, it isn't officially Christmas in my house until I've seen the original Shweddy Balls skit.

ETA: Normally, I have no problem with people organizing boycotts. I don't know what is about One Million Moms that grates on me. I guess it's the fact that with all the really major things going on in the world, they choose to focus on things that in my opinion, register really low on the important scale. I also think that a lot of these women honestly have nothing better to do. They want to feel like they're part of some big movement, but the "issues" they're taking on are really so petty in the grand scheme of things. If they really cared about the children (won't someone think of the chiiiiiiiildreeeeen!!!!), there are plenty of organizations out there that help and protect children. They could volunteer with those organizations, but I'm guessing those organizations probably expect more from their volunteers than just copying, pasting, and sending a canned email to whatever company has offended the Million Mom's delicate sensibilities that week.

This kind of stuff has got to backfire on them, because any normal person with an intact sense of humor is going to feel like buying a pint just because they're bitching about it and trying to rain down their American taliban ideas on the rest of us. I'm a die-hard Jeni's fan, and will eat Graeters in a pinch, but the next time I'm in the store, I'm going to buy a pint of B&J just to push back against these freaks.

Sense of humor and fundies seem to be mutually exclusive.

Guest Anonymous

Mr. Snarky and I are walking over to the Ben and Jerry store SPECIFICALLY to by some Schweddy Balls. We're going to scan the wrappers in and e-mail them to One Million Moms.

It seems that offending customers has become an annual tradition for Ben & Jerry's.

Please, speak for yourself, uppity million moms! (Are there really one million of them?) This customer isn't offended! Besides, who cares what an ice cream flavor is called? It's all about the taste!

This ice cream makes me angry, but only because I can't FIND ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry-cussingblack: If you've located Schweddy Balls anywhere near Philadelphia, PA, *pleasepleaseplease* tell me. I've been looking all over for it, because it sounds tasty. Oh, and I love the SNL skit.

Please, speak for yourself, uppity million moms! (Are there really one million of them?) This customer isn't offended! Besides, who cares what an ice cream flavor is called? It's all about the taste!

I doubt they are million moms that are members of that organization. AFA/OMM probably lies about membership. Some of the members are probably lurkers who join simply to see how these types of groups operate. Parents Televisoin Council has quite a bit of "members" that are really lurkers.

OMM fails to realize that Ben&Jerry's target consumers are people that are sort of into pop culture. Several of their other ice creams are named as tributes to different people, shows, movies or other things in pop culture. Ben&Jerry's is only offending people that aren't customers.

This ice cream makes me angry, but only because I can't FIND ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry-cussingblack: If you've located Schweddy Balls anywhere near Philadelphia, PA, *pleasepleaseplease* tell me. I've been looking all over for it, because it sounds tasty. Oh, and I love the SNL skit.

I'll check! I won't buy it, I'm losing weight and like that way!!!

Mr. Snarky and I are walking over to the Ben and Jerry store SPECIFICALLY to by some Schweddy Balls. We're going to scan the wrappers in and e-mail them to One Million Moms.

Love this idea! Ice cream for dinner!

I laugh at the B&J boycotts when they happen because if ever there was a company who would truly enjoy it, they'd be it. There is a reason they teamed up with Steven Colbert, have an ice creams named half baked and cherry garcia, and publicly endorse liberal policies.

I went to my local Safeway today, and was unable to find any Schweddy Balls...so I bought some Chubby Hubby and some Late Night Snack instead. Maybe next time I go it will be there.

I think the Schweddy Balls flavor sounds gross, not the name so much as the listed ingredients. I love me some B&J's though.

I laugh at the B&J boycotts when they happen because if ever there was a company who would truly enjoy it, they'd be it. There is a reason they teamed up with Steven Colbert, have an ice creams named half baked and cherry garcia, and publicly endorse liberal policies.

Ben & Jerry's is probably laughing at this boycott.

Archived