IGNORED

True Xtians-no ice cream-1M moms don't like balls (MERGED)

Maggie Mae

Fundies can't afford B&J's anyway so why are they even acting like they buy it? They would rather save the difference and buy generic ice cream by the gallon than go for quality.

I know a homeschooler named BJ and he is 16. Its unfortunate,but I don't think he has any idea because his family is completely in their own world.

I was thinking the same thing too, I doubt that a fundie family with 6 or more kids would buy B&J's. I think with OMM and AFA some of the people that members of those groups aren't fundies but maybe are fundie lites or other people who may be very conservative but only have a few kids. OMM is basically another version of PTC. They are just people that believe the media, advertisers and others have 24/7 obligation to always be family friendly.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a big fan of balls or penises but now I want ice cream. The extent of my opinion on the name is it's not in very good taste, which, of course, is subjective. And they know their customer base better than me.

The name is based on the Schweddy family holiday dessert recipes. What's wrong with that?

Fundies can't afford B&J's anyway so why are they even acting like they buy it? They would rather save the difference and buy generic ice cream by the gallon than go for quality.

I know a homeschooler named BJ and he is 16. Its unfortunate,but I don't think he has any idea because his family is completely in their own world.

I've known a couple of non-fundie BJs in my life. I'm sure that if it bothered anyone, they could have just gone by their first name - which tended to be Brian.

Haha, good point. Ben and Jerry's is expensive! But worth it. Especially if I have my own pint and can make it last as long as I want. If other people try and eat my ice cream though, I gobble it up as fast as I can. I do not suffer people taking my ice cream.

Guest Anonymous

Haha, good point. Ben and Jerry's is expensive! But worth it. Especially if I have my own pint and can make it last as long as I want. If other people try and eat my ice cream though, I gobble it up as fast as I can. I do not suffer people taking my ice cream.

You're better than me-I grow fur and turn predatory.

I've known a couple of non-fundie BJs in my life. I'm sure that if it bothered anyone, they could have just gone by their first name - which tended to be Brian.

Yeah, one of the actors on The Office (not that I watch it anymore) is credited as B.J. Novak. His family isn't fundie-they're a bunch of relatively liberal Jews. His father co-edited a book of Jewish jokes and some of them would NOT have met fundie approval. It's possible he only goes by B.J. professionally and goes by Ben or Benjamin IRL. Although, that kind of seems to defeat the purpose of being professional. Who knows.

As a Mom, I will freely admit there is no Ben and Jerry ice cream in my home.... but not for any reason other than price. It costs too much to feed to my kids. That's the kind of stuff you buy when they are gone for the weekend.

See, problem solved. No need to worry about what the kids will think when they see the name.

They need to get a life.

I know a one non-fundie who still goes by BJ and his name is spelled Bryan, which was his dad's name. The non other fundie BJ i that I know is my friend's younger brother and he recently started going by his first name which is Robert. His dad is Robert Sr. but he goes by Bobby and so the son went by BJ aka Bobby Jr. This kid is 16 and I think he has probably gotten tired of being teased or something, because on Facebook, everyone is referring to him as Robert. I haven't seen this kid in about two or three years and he sent me a friend request.

As a Mom, I will freely admit there is no Ben and Jerry ice cream in my home.... but not for any reason other than price. It costs too much to feed to my kids. That's the kind of stuff you buy when they are gone for the weekend.

See, problem solved. No need to worry about what the kids will think when they see the name.

They need to get a life.

yet it's so much cheaper than in Canada! The first time I saw B&J and Hagen daaz (damn I don't eat it anymore, can't spell it either) for like 4$ my eyes went big like OMG!!! I could have that every week!! (they sell for around 7$ at regular price in Canada!)

Good point. They are so not the audience for that brand. I kinda prefer Haagen-Dazs but the next time I am in the market for a $5 cup of ice cream that my teenager will gobble down before I get a bite, it'll be B&J.

I started watching Modern Family because of OMM. If they hate it so much, it can't be that bad! It's actually my favorite show now. My husband says that show will get gay marriage passed where every other tactic has failed.

Good point. They are so not the audience for that brand. I kinda prefer Haagen-Dazs but the next time I am in the market for a $5 cup of ice cream that my teenager will gobble down before I get a bite, it'll be B&J.

I started watching Modern Family because of OMM. If they hate it so much, it can't be that bad! It's actually my favorite show now. My husband says that show will get gay marriage passed where every other tactic has failed.

OMM is probably pissed this week because Modern Family had an increase in ratings last night. But the increase was due to the Emmy wins, but OMM probably won't connect that to the ratings. OMM's original boycott and alert on Modern Family showed some signs of ethnic and racial prejudice in addition to their anti-LGBT attitudes.

ABC's new comedy "Modern Family" series premiere is Wednesday, September 23rd at 9:00/8:00 central. ABC claims "Modern Family" will be their # 1 show, but most Christians would disagree.

ABC has labeled this program as "One Big, Straight, Gay, Multi-cultural, Traditional, Funniest New Comedy of the fall." ABC wants you to laugh with ALL of America by watching what they call "America's funniest family."

Parents are outraged! The three households, which they call one "unique" family include:

• A homosexual couple.

• These two men adopt a daughter from another country and cultural background.

• A somewhat traditional couple with three children.

• This husband/father is attracted to his sister-in-law.

• She is from a different nationality which they poke fun of and recently married into this family to a man much older than her, and she already has a teenage son.

The program is confusing to adults, and will be for the children in the show and those who may see it.

ABC took every non-traditional issue and rolled it into this one family they call "modern."

• 3 weeks later...

After checking every market in the area for weeks, I finally found some this week. Mainly I wanted it for photo opportunities, because the flavor isn't even all that great. There were a lot of balls, which, again, was great for photos, but I ate about 1/3 of a cup and all but 2 of them were mushy. I'm trying to figure out of I should keep the empty container and if so, what to do with it. There's a flavor I saw at Target called Volun-Tiramisu that I really liked and would get again.*

*Would get again except I've bought a $5 pint of ice cream twice in a month and had about 8 spoonfuls total, so probably going to save my money.

Archived