IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

On 11/27/2016 at 6:30 PM, MarblesMom said:

@FundieFarmer

However, I will add my two cents here:  Kody's assumption that Mykelti will attend a church she cannot be a member of just b/c she married a Mormon coupled with the thought of "how will they raise their kids?" just make me cringe.  Nonya, Kody.  On both matters.

I betcha anything if Mykelti and Tony get married & keep going to the LDS church they will let her get baptized. It's the whole umbrella of priesthood authority will be with Tony and not Kody. It drove me crazy that the LDS church had changed my last name on the records of the church by the time we were home from our wedding, because I wasn't planning on changing my name. 

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the second hour 

Is Meri for real? Maybe she should own up to what really happened - this is more then a catfish situation. Meri had an affair (yes Kody, nothing really happened physically) Like is this never gonna end ... she has to stop playing the victim role and grow up. 

And of course Kody is not around Meri very much. Who on Earth would want to be around Meri when she acts the way she does. I am no fan of Kody by any means, but he looks vulnerable in the scene were the director is asking him questions. I almost feel sorry for him. 

And Mariah has every right to continue being mad. Meri says she doesn't want Mariah in current hostile state visiting in the summer, well perfect solution; Mariah moves in for the summer with one of the sister wives. That's after all one of the big advantages of this lifestyle they are living.

Also ... I think these people need to see another therapist besides Nancy.

Did anyone else watch the clip of Mykelti's bridal shower that TLC put up a few days ago? 

Tony's hair in this video reminds me so much of the murderer from No Country for Old Men. I seriously hope he cuts that before the wedding. 

hqdefault.jpg

I'm currently re-watching last week's installment, waiting for the new show to start.

Tony pissed me off into the highest level of orbit.  I refrained from commenting last week because I thought I might be over-reacting.  Nope.  I'm not.  He's in full-on training for douche-canoe status.  The gall to suggest that Mykelti's family take out a second mortgage to pay for their quickie marriage?  Steam still coming out of my ears on that one.
(For the record -- when my son and his wife pulled off a 5-month engagement-to-wedding earlier this year, there was Not. One. Word. of expected financial input from me or bride's family.  They gratefully accepted what was proffered and knew they were responsible for covering any shortages.  Which they did.  That being said -- I chose to take out a small loan to cover my part of expenses.  My choice 100%.  They don't even know about it.)

If Tony & Mykelti aren't mature enough to adjust their expectations and be realistic, then the future doesn't bode well for them.

... I still don't understand why the catering, etc. choices weren't just for Kody and Janelle.  Even if Christine and Meri were included as a courtesy, they weren't really entitled to "vote" IMHO.

And the nasty-assed groom's cake with red velvet, bleeding huckleberry goo?  Oh bloody hell.  Nopeity nope nope nope nope.

Tony very much reminds of my former son in law. He did same greedy asshatness when he married DD. That lasted 3 years, only because of GrandBoy.  He still expects others (parents/sibs) to pay for his child support, alimony, ffilng fees etc. I can see Tony going down the same road. My advice to Mykelti:Run, girl, run!!

I'm so very sorry for your daughter -- and you -- @DaniLouisiana.  There are stil plenty of jerks to go around, aren't there???

Amazeballs at KoDouche's speechifying to Tony about "warming up the plate" ad infinitum, ad nauseum .... why it's a good idea for them to wait until December.

That if they wait for intimacy, a guaranteed great marriage is waiting.  Am I the only one thinking .... erm .... Meri????

But wait!!  Kody might write a book to share his holy insights with us.  *vomit*

I can't get over what an entitled douche canoe Tony is either. Mykelti seems like such a vivacious young woman with a lot of potential, I'm afraid marriage will bring her down.

One of my young cousins married young. She is beautiful,  incredibly smart and very ambitious.  Her marriage lasted two years because her husband was immature and entitled, and didn't like having a wife who naturally outshined him. 

Thank God, she realized she shouldn't have to bury her dreams and abilities to make someone else happy.Thank God too, they didn't have kids. She could walk away from him.  

I hope I'm wrong about Tony. I hope they are happy. If not, I hope the family will support Mykelti in walking away.  

Does anyone know what Tony does for a living? What his goals are for the future? How does he plan to support a family?  Did I miss Kody and Christine asking him those questions?  Do they care? 

Very happy to hear that, @DaniLouisiana.  Praying much happiness for your daughter.

Very good question, @ChunkyBarbie!!!  I'm sure Mykelti isn't rolling in dough from her wages at the pawn shop.

Tony-boy better have some serious income to back up all of his expectations and demands.

I'm pretty sure that Tony is depending on the TLC money. Maybe not now, I don't really know. 

Mariah is so sensible in all of this. I mean I get her being angry with Meri, she told her. And Kody I do think that she understands. She probably understands more than you do! 

I just wanted to add that the first time I saw Tony's face I told my sister that he looked like off brand Lawerence Brother.

I know there's probably a new episode already, but I'm only now watching last week's episode and I wanted to talk about it.

WTF was Kody talking about by saying that not having a temple marriage Mykelti and Tony don't have to maintain purity? I've never heard that before. It's pretty common for LDS people to marry outside the temple for one reason or another and I'm pretty sure they're still not supposed to have sex before marriage even if it's "just" a civil marriage!

I don't like Tony. I guess I don't actually have much more to say than that.

Truely was really cute when Madison was asking her to be a flower girl.

52 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I just wanted to add that the first time I saw Tony's face I told my sister that he looked like off brand Lawerence Brother.

Bwahahaha!

Dying. 

Dead. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm pretty sure that Tony is depending on the TLC money. Maybe not now, I don't really know. 

Mariah is so sensible in all of this. I mean I get her being angry with Meri, she told her. And Kody I do think that she understands. She probably understands more than you do! 

I agree about Mariah.  I have never liked her in the past, but she seems to have grown up.  She is leaps more rational than with Meri or Kody. Honest too.  Her mother was having an emotional affair right in front of her, of course she is angry. I want to kick both Kody and Meri for not admitting the truth and acting like Mariah is just being a mean, unreasonable brat. 

12 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

I agree about Mariah.  I have never liked her in the past, but she seems to have grown up.  She is leaps more rational than with Meri or Kody. Honest too.  Her mother was having an emotional affair right in front of her, of course she is angry. I want to kick both Kody and Meri for not admitting the truth and acting like Mariah is just being a mean, unreasonable brat. 

I am completely with Mariah in all of this. Kody is too caught up in himself to realize just how deep this was for Meri. I know that Robyn is his life now but seriously. Come on, don't be acting like your daughter is a nasty brat when she's being the adult in all of this. Same with Meri. You had a very serious emotional affair and you're expecting your daughter to just brush it under the rug and say "Whatever."

1 hour ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

Does anyone know what Tony does for a living? What his goals are for the future? How does he plan to support a family?  Did I miss Kody and Christine asking him those questions?  Do they care? 

No one said anything about how Tony earns money. I know that Mykelti works at that pawn shop, but in all of Kody's "negotiations" he never seemed to ask about how Tony made money.  I don't know why they feel so obligated to pay for the daughters' weddings. I mean, I get wanting to make it fair and give to one daughter what you gave to another,  but they have too many daughters to actually pay for them. Idiets.  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I agree about Mariah. I really relate to her, as I'm a little older and really have had some serious issues with my mom in the recent past. It made me upset that Kody was putting so much motice on her. It definitely seems like Mariah understands the situation better than Kody does.

Mariah used to be my least favorite of the older kids, but I like her now and find her really interesting. I noticed that she identifies as a feminist now and is in general very politically liberal. I'd love to know what she thinks now about her family's beliefs.

I can relate to her a bit, having undergone a similar transition. I was very religious at 14 (Mariah's age in the first season) too, but that has changed completely.

2 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

Idiets. 

Ugh.  How embarrassing. I spelled idiots wrong. Stupid tablet keyboard.

And I agree with you @Rachel333 Mariah used to be my least favorite too, but  she's really grown up into a very cool person. 

This episode was so annoying. Kody is a child. I would be mortified if my father discussed my sex life or lack thereof on television. I also don't know how Mariah was able to refrain from slapping the shit out of him during the catfish discussion.

I frequently wonder why Christine doesn't belt him and walk away, far far far away. He's so disrespectful of her.

10 hours ago, DaniLouisiana said:

I frequently wonder why Christine doesn't belt him and walk away, far far far away. He's so disrespectful of her.

She should have dumped him after he shared that horrible nacho story in their book. He's so awful to her, but she's so entrenched in this lifestyle I don't think she can see how much it hurts her. 

I was reading about the Kingston clan, The Order, it made me realize I forgot how dangerous polygamy and polygamists can be; I'm now so used to the doofiness of the Browns. That in itself, makes them dangerous. They put a harmless face on polygamy. Though, there is no question they have been hurt by polygamy. Mariah is the latest victim, in my mind. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived