IGNORED

Boycott Target: No Men in womens bathroom group on facebook

19TrollsandCounting

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I just saw this on FB. I think more of these incidents will happen.

I agree. To use their favored phrase, the "agenda" of groups like these seem to be to protest so much that many people just assume there actually was a problem of restroom assaults by trans* folks in the first place. 

I'm glad Target is standing their ground on this issue. I don't shop there much anymore but I happily went and gave them my business this past weekend. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/15/2016 at 5:43 PM, freealljs said:

Not like she caused a stampede out of Target. 

Someone should have explained to this woman that when you're attention whoring for Jesus, you should pick a time of day when there are more than 4 shoppers in the store. 

The transgender person I know best uses the restroom that matches their birth sex and legal id. And they still get screamed at and told to get out of that restroom--the restroom that rabid, anti-trans politicians want them to use.

Even if we suddenly could instantly test DNA and send all the people with XX chromosomes to one restroom and all the people with XY chromosomes to the other, prejudiced people aren't going to be happy. (Neither would the rest of us--that would be ridiculous.)

I need to shop at Target more often.

9 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The transgender person I know best uses the restroom that matches their birth sex and legal id.

But, wait.... how do most of us fly on commercial airlines where there is just "a bathroom"?  No gender assigned.  You need to go, you go. Albeit it is a solo mission, WTH?

On other public restrooms, perhaps we need a DNA screening device at the door, like a keypad (TOTALLY joking, peeps!)

I recently had a discussion with an acquaintance who said that people should use the bathroom of the gender they were born.  She said it was because she wanted to make sure her daughters were safe.  I asked her if she would be comfortable with a transgender man coming into the ladies room because he was born with XX instead of XY.  She still says that he should use the ladies room because he has XX.  It was an epic face palm moment.  She would be the first to freak out in this situation, even if she doesn't want to admit it.  

Something that really bothers me is that not very many people are talking about boys and their safety.  When you have a small child or a special needs child (of the opposite gender) what are you supposed to do?  Aren't they are risk?   the answer is gender neutral or family bathrooms.

2 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

Something that really bothers me is that not very many people are talking about boys and their safety.  When you have a small child or a special needs child (of the opposite gender) what are you supposed to do?  Aren't they are risk?   the answer is gender neutral or family bathrooms.

Let's give it all up for family-friendly bathrooms!:eleventy: They can handle the following Troublesome Sort of People:

• Parents/caregivers that want to be near their kids (of whatever gender) when toileting, to make sure they are all neat and clean.
  • Parents/caregivers that ARE the only ones around to attend to toileting, and they don't want to ask complete strangers to help attend to their kids.
  • People who DON'T want their BoyKidz exposed to potential sexual molesters. OR GurlKidz, either. (YES, I know that most sexual abuse of minors is from people known to them---the "stranger danger" myth is pretty much just that---but I'm damned if I want a minor BoyChild in a restroom with Larry Craig [R, ID, but he could have been from 49 other states and the other party].)
  • SCARY trans-people of all flavors (who, all things being given, are probably just wanting a safe place to pee and poop). (Full disclosure: I've shared both toileting and showering space with All Sorts of Wildly Diverse Folk in, ummm, rather different settings, and I have never felt afraid for my safety.  This does NOT apply to quite a few vanilla spaces in public areas.)
  • Mixed-gendered groupings, who are Majorly Interested in making sure their parent/child/care-needing client just can toilet properly in public.

FWIW, and YMMV: only thing I really care about with other bathroom occupants is whether someone will be nice enough to hand me toilet paper under-the-door if I'm trapped in a stall with empty dispensers!

15 hours ago, 19TrollsandCounting said:

check out this video of a Fundie-esque family "rebuking" target, theres a motherload of similar ones 

does this family look familar to any of you

She does look familiar, but I probably don't know her. I know her type too well, however. (Disclaimer: the following is not fat-shaming. I weigh more than I should, myself, despite years of effort. Combination of genetics and not being able to exercise for the past decade, I think.) In every homeschool setting I've been in (hs group, conference, co-op, extracurricular activity) there has always been at least one larger-than-life woman. Larger in every respect, including a voice that doesn't need a loudspeaker to blare out her message, an imposing physical presence (tall as well as wide), a personality that seems to suck all the oxygen out of the room and numbs or stuns those around her, reducing them to either brainless nodding, or frantic efforts to flee her vicinity.

Maybe they missed their calling to be Brunhilde (isn't she a hefty Valkyrie?) in a Wagnerian opera.

ETA: To be fair, I've seen this "type" in non-Christian groups as well. It would be difficult not to notice one of them.

Can someone please take that megaphone away from that guy?

I dare one of these idiots show up at my local Target and start screaming at people. I might end up on the news myself telling these goobs to get lost. I can't deal with ignorance like this. Sure, it might be a better idea to ignore them, but I could not resist the urge to tell them where they can stick the heads. 

Not once have I ever gone into a bathroom filled with other people and wondered what gender they identified with. I'm in there to relieve myself and fix my makeup, and, in years gone by, change diapers. 

I would like any one of these people screaming about how "Merica is going to hell" to tell me some good hard facts on how many people identify as transgender. How many sexual assaults have been committed by cisgender people in bathrooms in the past, oh let's say 5 years? How about by transgender people? What do the numbers look like? 

And HERE'S a novel idea-if you don't think your children are safe going to the bathroom by themselves, then for the love of little green apples, don't send them to the bathroom by themselves! (This should not be taken as an indictment against transgender people, but rather against shitty people.)

my favorite thing he screamed was "YOU SUCK BECAUSE YOU DRIVE YOUR SISTERS METRO" lmao

The protests are having the opposite affect on me.  I never shop at Target (it's just not convenient).  But with videos like I've seen in this thread, and posts I've seen on FB by some relatives, I purpose to go there (out of my way) after work Friday.  I'm composing my shopping list right now.  :evil-laugh:    

Considering most of these protesters probably can't afford to shop at Target anyway, I don't think Target's all that worried about lost business.

This discussion about public washrooms is just so weird and such a distraction from the real issues we are dealing with. (Not that it's not real to those people who are being told not to use the washroom.) But it's such a minor, stupid, thing. I can't believe that people care this much. It's so stupid. I find it odd that so many people use public toilets, TBH. How long does it really take you to get groceries? What are you doing that you are out so often and in need of public facilities so often? And while you are in there, how is it that you have both time and inclination to be concerned with the genitals of anyone else? 

IF I have to pee in a public washroom (and let me tell you, it's going to be a very emergency situation for anything else to happen in there), I barely look at anyone else. I don't dawdle. I barely look in the (usually filthy) mirror if I can help it. Bad lighting, crowds, bad smells, filth, Target/Walmart/Fred Meyer/Safeway restrooms are just not a place to hang out. I get in, I wash my hands, I gtfo and hope I didn't catch some disease. 

If Congress is bored, I have some suggestions that aren't weird ass bill involving private businesses and who uses their toilets. 

Can we get back to confirming Supreme Court judges, working on a plan for ZIka, doing something about the disastrous reversal of glass-steagal, appropriating money to education, working on a SINGLE PAYER HEALTH CARE SYSTEM, giving money to our national parks, salary capping congress, closing tax loopholes, dealing with shell companies and tax evasion, appropriating funds to workforce initiatives, cyber security, childhood hunger, SNAP, and a thousand other things that are more important than some bullshit anti-transgender bill. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

IF I have to pee in a public washroom (and let me tell you, it's going to be a very emergency situation for anything else to happen in there), I barely look at anyone else. I don't dawdle. I barely look in the (usually filthy) mirror if I can help it. Bad lighting, crowds, bad smells, filth, Target/Walmart/Fred Meyer/Safeway restrooms are just not a place to hang out. I get in, I wash my hands, I gtfo and hope I didn't catch some disease.

I just remembered my first trip over to Rome and ariving at the Aeroporti di Roma.  Boy the bathrooms outside customs used to be really nasty.  You thought Staples and some of the other public restrooms around this country were bad, but they were nice and clean compared to what FCO used to have.  Some time before 2014 FCO fixed up the restrooms outside customs so they're pretty nice now.

I was at my local Target last night, and since the local LGBT Pride weekend is this weekend, they had a display right by the entrance for Pride stuff, and my thought was "this will really piss off the bigots." In a way, it would be funny to see those bigots come into that Target and see their major freakout by that display, especially if they bring enough attention for security to throw them out.

Another one...

deadstate.org/bible-carrying-target-protesting-preacher-screams-condemnations-into-a-virtually-empty-store/

Another Target-preaching video has emerged, this time posted by preacher Angela Cummings, where she gleefully plots the verbal attack in her car outside a Target in Glen Falls, NY, then storms the doors with bible in hand yelling into a virtually empty store that she refers to as an “abomination,” with her camera-wielding partner towing close behind her.

“Attention Target shoppers!” she said to the rows of empty aisles and check-out stands. “I hear that you are allowing men to go in the little girls’ bathroom. God Almighty is angry with Target. Target is an abomination!”

Barf.

And now this too...

newstimes.com/local/article/Woman-mistaken-for-transgender-harassed-in-7471666.php

DANBURY - Aimee Toms was washing her hands in the women’s bathroom at Walmart in Danbury Friday when a stranger approached her and said, “You’re disgusting!” and “You don’t belong here!”

After momentary confusion, she realized that the woman next to her thought - because of her pixie-style haircut and baseball cap - that she was transgender.

Toms believes the incident happened because of the national controversy sparked by a law that was passed in North Carolina attempting to force transgender people to use the bathroom of the gender they were identified as at birth. Since then, religious conservatives have launched a boycott of Walmart competitor Target, which has said transgender people are welcome to use its bathrooms freely. Nationally, Walmart has been silent on the issue.

Toms, a 22-year-old from Naugatuck who works at a retail store in the Bethel-Danbury retail area around Walmart, posted a video “rant” about her experience on Facebook Friday that had been viewed more than 12,000 times by Sunday evening.

What the fuck did this woman want, for Ms. Toms to pull down her pants and undergarments for inspection?  Fucking idiot.

Sick and fucking tired of this bullshit! You know what I have been on this planet 35 years and NEVER ONCE have I been sexually assaulted, molested or had anyone expose themselves to me. However, my cousin began his molestation of me by exposing himself to me in the bathroom of my grandparents' house. 

7 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

This discussion about public washrooms is just so weird and such a distraction from the real issues we are dealing with. (Not that it's not real to those people who are being told not to use the washroom.) But it's such a minor, stupid, thing. I can't believe that people care this much. It's so stupid. I find it odd that so many people use public toilets, TBH. How long does it really take you to get groceries? What are you doing that you are out so often and in need of public facilities so often? And while you are in there, how is it that you have both time and inclination to be concerned with the genitals of anyone else? 

Well, we live over 20 miles from the nearest Target. So if we are going to Target (or many other similar places), we are usually running several errands at once and getting lunch or dinner in the city as well. It can be a few hours or more away from home and we usually end up using public restrooms at some point. 

Last weekend, we went into the city and went to PetCo, had dinner, then did Sam's Club and stopped at Target last. And I used the bathroom at Target. Because it had been over three hours since we left home by then (and I had a large glass of water and a margarita at dinner) and we still had another 30-35 minutes to get home as we were at Target near Sam's rather than the one closest to home. 

Does that answer your question? 

15 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

I asked her if she would be comfortable with a transgender man coming into the ladies room because he was born with XX instead of XY.  She still says that he should use the ladies room because he has XX.  It was an epic face palm moment.  She would be the first to freak out in this situation, even if she doesn't want to admit it.  

I show people who say this a picture of Buck Angel. (Google with caution.)

The rebukers need to shut the hell up and go shop at Wal-Mart.  Target's new policy makes me love them more.  I would love to ask one of them, "What would Jesus do?".  

12 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Another one...

deadstate.org/bible-carrying-target-protesting-preacher-screams-condemnations-into-a-virtually-empty-store/

Barf.

And now this too...

newstimes.com/local/article/Woman-mistaken-for-transgender-harassed-in-7471666.php

What the fuck did this woman want, for Ms. Toms to pull down her pants and undergarments for inspection?  Fucking idiot.

Glens Falls is only about 30 minutes away from me. Since I have no immediate plans to go there, though, looks like I'll be heading to the Target near work (less than 5 minutes away) & see if there's any such shenanigans going on. If there is, I'll report it asap.

So Target bathrooms are the new venue for the crazies to preach (?).  They have this and the Planned Parenthood clinics.  These are the people who are spreading hate.  That is all their agenda is.  HATE.  Even their own Bible would advise against this. They will never convert good people into Christianity using tactics like this unless they are building a cult and only want blind fools.  I am personally sick of these people and their Christian agenda.  This country was based on a personal freedom from their religion or any other religion being forced on someone.  I have a very personal relationship with God.  It lives inside me.  I would never want to force someone or shame someone into what I believe.

From the Glen Falls video:  "It would have been nice to do a double, you know, combo rebuke, door-to-door evangelism..." 

Those words do not belong together, to say nothing of the fact that I don't even know how to punctuate them. 

Let me know how rebuking people goes over for your evangelism party.

Archived