IGNORED

Sweet Journey

fundiefan

Her book is out. It's about her struggles with life and how Jesus fixed her and she didn't have to resort to anti-depressants. Sarah Maxwell gives a rave review, of course.

Someone named Michelle is thrilled with the book because it is like Teri is right there with her as her own personal mentor.

I fear for people.

titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/1115

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Anna & Mary will return to Teri her wifely chore of grocery shopping or if they have joyfully taken it over for life now? I mean, after two hard, nose to the grindstone months of what must have been constant writing, Teri probably needs some time to rest and recover. Or, maybe Steve will decide the best thing for her is to return to her duties as soon as possible so she doesn't dwell on things? Or, something.

I don't really have time to go through the whole thing right now, which I'm sure when I do will be terribly depressing. But I did see this in the Preface they have up and it made me laugh:

Book titles are difficult for us because creativity isn't a strong trait in our family.

:lol:

Why did my thoughts immediately go to Andrea Yates and her poor, precious children? And then just as fast to Rusty Yates? I hope (HOPE!) that we don't see a repeat episode as a result of some quiverfull, depressed mom relying on Teri's book instead of seeking medical help.

Guest Anonymous
I don't really have time to go through the whole thing right now, which I'm sure when I do will be terribly depressing. But I did see this in the Preface they have up and it made me laugh:

:lol:

Gee, we would never have guessed.

Aw, darn--I thought it meant that Steve was giving her her very own Pepsi.

Her book is out. It's about her struggles with life and how Jesus fixed her and she didn't have to resort to anti-depressants. Sarah Maxwell gives a rave review, of course.

Someone named Michelle is thrilled with the book because it is like Teri is right there with her as her own personal mentor.

I fear for people.

titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/1115

Please ignore my vulgarity here-- M-effer!

Seriously Terri, I didn't 'resort' ton anti-depresseants. I did it because it as logical and worked and it made doing all the other things in my life easier.

Even if she was 'cured' (which i don't believe) she wasted years of her life and expended for more energy than I think is logical. If sh had tried AD's and they hadn't worked, or therapy with a real, real psychologist, or lots of other things and still had no success I would say the effort, etc she would have been worth it.

But she disconted it and went into this stupid no fun, controlling BS they are now.

I wouldn't take advice on curing depression from someone who constantly looks like she wants to kill herself, but that's just me.

Guest Anonymous

I've settled my stomach with a glass of excellent wine and ploughed through the sample pages.

So, basically, the cure for depression is: prayer, bible study and scripture memorisation.... she seems to have missed out the chapter on raising your young and even your adult daughters to take over your entire workload, so you are free to lay in bed and cry all day, in between writing crappy books telling other people how to live their lives....

I wouldn't take advice on curing depression from someone who constantly looks like she wants to kill herself, but that's just me.

or someone that can't even choose to have a pepsi on her own. sorry she would be the worst person to take happiness advice from.

Aw, darn--I thought it meant that Steve was giving her her very own Pepsi.

Finally delurking to say that was my first thought, too.

I also was kind of hoping this was an announcement that poor Sarah was finally engaged.

*slinks back into the shadows in disappointment*

Mother-FREAKING-Fletcher indeed! I'm right on board with you, treemom. Before Prozac came along, I felt like a worthless, suicidal sack of $#!+. Now all of my siblings are on it, too, which suggests that there's some kind of shared family chemistry going on.

Unlike the Maxwells, though, we do not think of chronic depression as a good thing. (I think of mine as at the "chronic sinus allergy" level of depression, vs. the "terrifying viral pneumonia" level.)

I don't think anyone is immune from depression even religious folks. I remember the Andrea Yates situation where she was not taking her anti-depressants and got pregnant again despite the dangers of the "baby blues".

Is it just me, or does the front of the book look like something you'd see on a box of tampons?

To me it looks like it could be the cover of a young adult chick lit book.

I read the newest post Steve wrote on their blog. He believes the book is going to help "countless moms." This book isn't going to "help" anyone. :(

Why did my thoughts immediately go to Andrea Yates and her poor, precious children? And then just as fast to Rusty Yates? I hope (HOPE!) that we don't see a repeat episode as a result of some quiverfull, depressed mom relying on Teri's book instead of seeking medical help.
Yeah. The book is one thing, but the little aside from Steve about how Teri didn't "rely on anti-depressants but INSTEAD..." is disturbing.

If someone from this particular religious background gets comfort from reading Bible verses, all the power to them, but it shouldn't need to be "instead." That just seems dangerous to me.

I know there are plenty of other Bible studies out there, so why is Sweet Journey unique? I feel it is because God has first worked a beautiful work in Teri’s life. She has walked down some very deep and dark valleys and tasted of the power of the Savior in her life.

Deep dark valleys, like having your husband admit to his men's Bible study group and all the internet that he hated you for no reason. Poor woman.

Edit - Check out the book sample. Gotta plug the other Titus 2 products every chance you get! "Dear Teri, First I want to thank you for Homeschooling With a Meek and Quiet Spirit..." :roll:

Archived