IGNORED

Bates Family Part 14 - Party in Pink

samurai_sarah

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that picture is private you cannot post it. 

Yeah, that pic isn't on Alyssa's public Instagram.

I reported the picture because I really don't think that picture is public.

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And sadly, neither women projected a decent example of being a good mother. All those children/blessings and neither of those mega procreators present a decent or healthy example of motherhood.

It's all about the procreation and attention of pregnancy and having a large family- Nothing about the actual healthy parenting of such.

It should be illegal.

Worse than puppy mills.

Where I live, if you'd keep 19 dogs under such conditions as the Duggars/Bates kept their kids before the reality show cash began to flow, you'd be visited by the veterinary inspection office. 

On 5/2/2016 at 10:00 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

So it is Erin's birthday today.  On the family's IG Kelly initially posted a baby pic of Katie thinking it was Erin as a happy birthday shoutout.  It was replaced by a (good) pic of adult Erin with Chad.  

I'm not a mother, so I am not one to ask, but do mothers mix up their children's baby pictures?  (I've heard of mothers being the only people who can tell identical twins apart.)

I will give some benefit of the doubt and say that baby Katie's features are very similar to Erin's, and due to hand-me-downs, it was probably hard to tell by clothing (since she's in full 90s baby frills and crazy patterns). When my mom, sister, and I went through old baby photos, it was occasionally hard to tell apart newborn/very young baby pictures of me/my sister if eye color wasn't clearly visible (I have very dark brown eyes, and my sister's eyes are Elijah Wood-level blue). After that age, it was pretty easy to tell us apart (though we had identical haircuts and sometimes wore identical clothing in public as young children, because according to my mom, that meant she only had to describe one outfit and hairstyle to an employee or the police if we both got separated from her).

But in the context of the Bates family, this shows yet again that in fundie families, individuality is not encouraged in children. They are not individual treasures, but a collective "army" to prove that dad's dick works. So what if we post the wrong baby picture on your birthday? Your younger sibling you probably had to raise kinda looks like you. Close enough.

1 hour ago, mstee said:

Are you guys talking about that video? It's posted on John's public IG

No, there was a picture posted that most likely was a private picture not meant to be shared with the world. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

No, there was a picture posted that most likely was a private picture not meant to be shared with the world. 

Excuse me, that was on John's PUBLIC IG. I don't not even have an Instagram account.  Therefore, anything  I see on Instagram is as public as it gets.

All one anyone needs to do if they are concerned about the provenance of an Instagram picture is to click on the Instagram account name at the top of the picture. (and yes, that may require clicking into the picture here on FJ).

In this case, you click on  the johnw1121 at the top left of the picture.

Easy peasy, yes?

I think we may be talking about two different pics. The one of Ali walking in the dance studio was from one or both of their public accounts = so ok to post.

The one of Alyssa in her swim wear didn't have the John Webster insta link on it. There was actually no way to tell where that pic came from.

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Excuse me, that was on John's PUBLIC IG. I don't not even have an Instagram account.  Therefore, anything  I see on Instagram is as public as it gets.

All one anyone needs to do if they are concerned about the provenance of an Instagram picture is to click on the Instagram account name at the top of the picture. (and yes, that may require clicking into the picture here on FJ).

Easy peasy, yes?

Not talking about that. The picture I'm talking about has been removed from this thread.

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Easy peasy, yes?

The picture in question is currently hidden from view, until the mods have confirmation that it's taken from a source that is accessible to the general public. So far, we have been unable to ascertain that it's from a publicly accessible source. Hope that helps to clear up the issue.

The picture showing Alyssa Bates-Websters, is not accessible to the general public. Therefore we cannot post it on FJ. If you are unsure about rules regarding posting, please refer to the TOU: http://www.freejinger.org/guidelines/

People need to respect her privacy and not discuss this picture. If she wanted people to discuss her in a bathing suit she would put it on her public account. 

Or we can not respect her privacy and discuss a picture and information about her that she didn't want public. :angry-banghead: Her privacy was violated by that picture being  posted to stir up discussion. 

Okay, so forgetting Alyssa in a bathing suit--god knows i would not want my photo in a bathing suit anywhere anyone could see it, even myself LOL--why are they cleaning a dance studio?

I have hidden comments about the hidden photo.  Any future comments will also be hidden unless the photo is made public. 

Hey quick question, are  Carlon and Trace twins? If not why are they graduating together?

No, they're a little more than year apart. Carlin graduated early and Trace late. But it's the SOTDRT, "graduating" is a strong word here I guess.

Hey quick question, are  Carlon and Trace twins? If not why are they graduating together?

They're not twins, but Kelly may have put them in the same grade for educational purposes or if it was easier to have less individual grade levels.

13 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

why are they cleaning a dance studio?

They do cleaning of offices/businesses in the evening as a business.

Well, I guess we can shut down the Bateseseses subforum, and put this 'the Bateseseses are better than the Duggars' thing to rest. Because I was just reading Kelly's latest (last?) post on their blog and, sadly, the outpouring of love they received from everyone at the graduation party 'literally' blew the family away. :pufff:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived