IGNORED

Organizing recipes

OnceUponATime

I love trying out new recipes, my only problem is I seem to always lose them.

So, my question to all of you is how do you store your most loved recipes? How do you keep track of ones that you'd like to try again? Are there any decent apps out there that you would recommend to keep track of recipes? (and are there ones to avoid?)

If you have a way of ingredient indexing that is functional (ie show me all the spinach recipes) you'll earn extra brownie points ;)

I use Paprika on my iPad and iPhone and have it synced to all my other devices as well. I've been using it for years and it's the one app I wouldn't be without. I've got over 1500 recipes in it, all categorized and easy to find. It's also got a grocery list, meal planner, timers, and web search.  You can either download directly (many sites are compatible and will format automatically but it's easy to add recipes that don't) and I've also typed in many of my old faves.  I can't recommend it highly enough. Great app. 

ETA http://www.paprikaapp.com

I've been using an app called Cozi which is much more a life manager, but it does have a recipe file and can sync to the grocery list.

For my family, it's nice because all of us share it.  So I can do a grocery list, and Mr. Spoon accesses it on his way home right on his phone.  It's become very convenient. :)

I'm really old school when it comes to recipes.  I have an index card box and pastel colored index cards.  Each color is a different category of food (ie breads are yellow, entrees are green, etc).

I also don't use recipes much when cooking.  My (former top rated chef) uncle told me that recipes really only matter when baking.  In his words, 'cooking is an art, baking is a science."  Most of my cooking is done by trial and error with tasting along the way.

Archived