IGNORED

Nie.Nie seems to be having a breakdown

NothingLeftToLose

I feel bad that she is burned and all, but I get a sense of entitlement from her I don't care for. Who spends a few hundred dollars on handmade glass stars for back to school and a party for every little thing? Her blog also seems to push her husband's insurance business and the cupcake place and and any other places she can think of. Dislike.

The life insurance thing annoys me a lot. Maybe it is because I can not believe they did not have life insuranve and they had 4 kids!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The life insurance thing annoys me a lot. Maybe it is because I can not believe they did not have life insuranve and they had 4 kids!

Oh but God will provide. :roll: I can't believe that either and I thought that they were really careless to go on a small plane together when she started blogging about it. Christian was an inexperienced pilot, small planes are... not that safe... and if something happens the kids will be orphans was my thought. Then they crashed.

I also don't understand why they let their kids be on a sailboat without lifewests or sit in a car without seat belts. Especially after the crash.

I also don't understand why they let their kids be on a sailboat without lifewests or sit in a car without seat belts. Especially after the crash.

That was actually the first post where I thought she really was having a lot of emotional problems - when she responded to criticism about the kids sans life vests. She states there were "three rescue boats" that you can't see. Who has three rescue boats for a family photo shoot? I can certainly see why she got criticism for posting the picture.

Is there some reason I am missing that they cannot give this poor woman anti-nausea meds? A friend of my partner has had serious morning sickness this time 'round and they are keeping her chock full of metoclopramide -- it's working really well.

She may already be on them. Burn victims typically take medication for a long time...possibly forever.

Or why she'd permit her children to walk atop the kitchen counters, Clementine.

Has it been demonstrated that Mr. N's inexperience contributed to the crash? It looks as though they sued the plane's manufacturer.

While I didn't go back to NieNie's blog I did read several articles about the crash and her survival. Some things stood out:

Mr. N pretty much acknowledges that he didn't go back for her, but saved himself and hoped she was okay.

The dead pilot's survivors forwarded any gifts they received to the N family. Classy, I thought.

In the present, her 5th pregnancy intrigues me. The stretching of the skin, alone, is going to be highly risky, isn't it? I understand that they "always wanted 10" and that their faith and even salvation is predicated in part on a big family. I'm not going to snark on a woman who's gone through what she's gone through. It prompts thoughts about the things that we think, or know, we want so very very badly, and what risks we'd take to have those things.

Just wool-gatherin', as we used to say.

That was actually the first post where I thought she really was having a lot of emotional problems - when she responded to criticism about the kids sans life vests. She states there were "three rescue boats" that you can't see. Who has three rescue boats for a family photo shoot? I can certainly see why she got criticism for posting the picture.

I thought she was being sarcastic and mocking people for being "overly" cautious. I don't believe for a second that there was three rescue boats and a helicopter nearby.

Just a little thought from me to you.

To all of you worried and wondering why the children don't have

life jackets or "safety vests"{ as some of you call it} on our recent

photo session with Blue Lilly (here).

I just want to maybe help you feel more at ease.

After the 500th e-mail I got yesterday about it, I thought I'd explain.

We wanted the photos to looked a little relaxed...just for the 1/2 hour we shot.

So we made the choice of photographing the family sans "safety vests". We were however, prepared with 3 water patrol officers, {in boats, which you don't see}

and 3 lifeguards on deck just in case. Oh, and one helicopter flying overhead-

We always make our children wear a life jacket- always, when we go boating.

Mr. Nielson and I feel very strongly about this.

:roll:

I do feel bad for her, but the whole "lil peanut" thing makes ME want to barf. She has four beautiful, healthy children. Having another when you are not in good physical condition just seems....I dunno what. But I do get tired of all her woe-is-me crap and I barely skim her blog these days.

Yes, her children are gorgeous. She should spend the little energy she has left on them... instead of giving birth to a new child.

Aaaw the little red-haired girl, so adorable! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Or why she'd permit her children to walk atop the kitchen counters, Clementine.

Has it been demonstrated that Mr. N's inexperience contributed to the crash? It looks as though they sued the plane's manufacturer.

While I didn't go back to NieNie's blog I did read several articles about the crash and her survival. Some things stood out:

Mr. N pretty much acknowledges that he didn't go back for her, but saved himself and hoped she was okay.

The dead pilot's survivors forwarded any gifts they received to the N family. Classy, I thought.

In the present, her 5th pregnancy intrigues me. The stretching of the skin, alone, is going to be highly risky, isn't it? I understand that they "always wanted 10" and that their faith and even salvation is predicated in part on a big family. I'm not going to snark on a woman who's gone through what she's gone through. It prompts thoughts about the things that we think, or know, we want so very very badly, and what risks we'd take to have those things.

Just wool-gatherin', as we used to say.

I don't think that I have read the crash investigation so I don't know what the official cause of the crash was. But Christian was an inexperienced pilot who was required to have an instructor with him when flying.

As for suing the plane's manufacturer, I read a discussion about that on some other discussion board and the writers there claimed that the family had to sue the company for insurance reasons.

That's just something I read there and I know that the insurance companies are quite different from here, so I really don't know how that works in the US. But the writers there seemed to agree that the insurance company was a big part of the lawsuit.

I used to sort of like the mormon mommy bloggers, but I guess that I am starting to see through the smoke and mirrors and Anthropologie accessories and the mormon women seem to be pretty much like any fundie women: a walking uterus who earns respect depending on how many kids she's had.

There was a flight instructor who was with them on the plane and he died after a few days and left a family behind. But NieNie conveniently forgets to mention this most of the time (like when she was on Oprah), that a person actually died in the crash caused by her husband's inexperience as a pilot. Yet, all she writes about are her own burns and treatments. I think that the accident really has brouught out the worst in her, she is so completely self absorbed and entitled these days. I enjoyed reading her before the crash and now I really can't stand her.

No way!!! I had no idea that someone died! I thought they just went for a practice run together and got burned and that was it.

Oh, guys, don't forget the tacky "After the 500th email" comment. Lady if you had a better track record about keeping your kids in seatbelts when you drive you wouldn't be getting "500" emails about them not wearing safety vests.

As for suing the plane's manufacturer, I read a discussion about that on some other discussion board and the writers there claimed that the family had to sue the company for insurance reasons.

That's just something I read there and I know that the insurance companies are quite different from here, so I really don't know how that works in the US. But the writers there seemed to agree that the insurance company was a big part of the lawsuit.

In the US, basically, if your insurance company (any kind of insurance) has to pay out a claim to you, they have the right, with or without your agreement, to go after anyone else they think they can recoup that loss from if they think that can prove that the other party (in this case, the plane manufacturer) was at least partially responsible for the loss in the first place.

It's called subrogation. I just took all my continuing ed to keep my property/casualty license, which would be the only reason I'd remember that :)

I stepped in Jimmy's you-know-what and then got a ticket a BYU.

I parked in a faculty only parking.

I caught the ticket chic with neon sunglasses putting the ticket on my car

while I took a picture of Nicholas next to the cougar

{which you can find on my Instagram account}.

I was really mad. I will leave it at that.

Um--then don't park illegally.

In the US, basically, if your insurance company (any kind of insurance) has to pay out a claim to you, they have the right, with or without your agreement, to go after anyone else they think they can recoup that loss from if they think that can prove that the other party (in this case, the plane manufacturer) was at least partially responsible for the loss in the first place.

It's called subrogation. I just took all my continuing ed to keep my property/casualty license, which would be the only reason I'd remember that :)

Thanks for explaining Austin - it's quite different from here.

I wonder what happened to the law suit. I used to read *everything* related to Nie Nie after the crash but stopped once she got out of the coma and started to blog about all the expensive gifts she had recieved.

Um--then don't park illegally.

Seriously. My husband is a student there and there are signs everywhere saying "Parking lot rules strictly enforced" or whatever. There are rent-a-cops constantly lurking through them.

When she'd post about her and Mr. N. going flying I always thought that I would NEVER get into one of those planes with my husband when we have small kids at home. That said, I 100% do not blame Mr. N. for his thought process during the crash. He said he saved himself because he wanted the kids to have at least one parent left - I would have wanted my husband to do the same, honestly. What I find odd is that she lied about it for months after the crash, even on Oprah, claiming that he "saved her life." I think this is quite a window into the NieNie thought-process - she wants to present her perfect marriage and perfect family and oh-so-glamorous life to the public, and if something doesn't quite fit that picture, she just lies about it.

I do think it's odd that she continues to take unnecessary risks with her children's safety. Before the crash I remember her bragging about them not wearing bike helmets....things like seatbelts, helmets and life vests are pretty basic safety measures and I don't understand what she has against them. They don't go with their sassy vintage style or something?

I had to go off my Luvox when I was pregnant, but switched over to Zoloft since (I guess) it has less instances of affecting the fetus. I really don't remember since I'm not on it anymore and that was like 3 years ago. But mine is more for managing my OCD (those horrible, invasive thoughts - the "what ifs") than the depression.

What was the deal about getting a parking ticket for parking in a faculty spot. Is she faculty? Does she have the permit? If not, why is she bitching? Anyone know?

When she'd post about her and Mr. N. going flying I always thought that I would NEVER get into one of those planes with my husband when we have small kids at home.

When our children were younger, the AustinDude and I never flew together. I felt very strongly about it and I think he just humored me. I realize it's kind of stupid because we certainly drove around in cars together - lol. But it made me feel better and we didn't have to fly a whole lot anyway.

So this was sort of long-forgotten until recently when we made our vacation plans for next year. My husband and I have our villa reserved for nearly two weeks, but none of the sons think they can get away for that long, so they want to just fly down for the second week. The first words out of my mouth were, "Not on the same plane!" They were all like " :shock: - yeah, she's crazy!"

I had to go off my Luvox when I was pregnant, but switched over to Zoloft since (I guess) it has less instances of affecting the fetus. I really don't remember since I'm not on it anymore and that was like 3 years ago. But mine is more for managing my OCD (those horrible, invasive thoughts - the "what ifs") than the depression.

What was the deal about getting a parking ticket for parking in a faculty spot. Is she faculty? Does she have the permit? If not, why is she bitching? Anyone know?

She is not faculty, so she just parked there cuz she's a special snowflake. I know the cougar she's talking about, there is freaking public parking across the street.

I told my husband about their accident, and that Christian left her in the plane. He said, "we better not ever see them around town, cause I will punch him out." Now whenever we hear anything about them, he dramatically runs in circles and yells, "save yourselves!!!!"

She is not faculty, so she just parked there cuz she's a special snowflake. I know the cougar she's talking about, there is freaking public parking across the street.

I told my husband about their accident, and that Christian left her in the plane. He said, "we better not ever see them around town, cause I will punch him out." Now whenever we hear anything about them, he dramatically runs in circles and yells, "save yourselves!!!!"

Your husband is AWE-SOME!

Here's an article about what happened.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7002 ... crash.html

There was a flight instructor who was with them on the plane and he died after a few days and left a family behind. But NieNie conveniently forgets to mention this most of the time (like when she was on Oprah), that a person actually died in the crash caused by her husband's inexperience as a pilot. Yet, all she writes about are her own burns and treatments. I think that the accident really has brouught out the worst in her, she is so completely self absorbed and entitled these days. I enjoyed reading her before the crash and now I really can't stand her.

Part of me can't wait until the civil case goes to trial, because the Niel.sons are suing everyone under the sun, including the city and county where the crash happened. I don't suppose the lawyers have told her and her husband that, Oh Yes, They Are Going To Bring Your Husband's Inexperience as a Pilot Up at Trial, Oh Yes They Will. On the other hand, I hope they come to their senses sooner or later and settle out of court because, as a taxpayer of Arizona, I really dislike that these guys are trying to put blame elsewhere...

So wait, forgive my laziness as I don't want to go check out her blog and search for the story, but he crashed the plane then left her in it to die...?

Part of me can't wait until the civil case goes to trial, because the Niel.sons are suing everyone under the sun, including the city and county where the crash happened.

Please tell me you're joking!

So wait, forgive my laziness as I don't want to go check out her blog and search for the story, but he crashed the plane then left her in it to die...?

I c&p'd from a newspaper story--

The impact left Stephanie, Christian and Doug briefly unconscious.

Christian woke quickly. He remembers seeing Doug slumped over in his seat, bleeding from his head.

Christian thought he could hear Stephanie yelling behind him: "Christian! Get up! Get out!"

He thought he felt her hitting the back of his seat.

He could see flames out the window. The door was stuck, blocked by something outside. He kicked and pounded until the door opened about 12 inches, enough to squeeze through.

He did not turn to look over his shoulder, at the back seat, at his wife. He thought he could hear her still, yelling.

"Follow me," he called to Stephanie and climbed out, expecting steady ground. He fell into the burning woodpile instead, tripping on the logs. As he got up, he touched his hand to the plane for balance. When he pulled his hand away from the hot metal, his palm had been nearly severed. It hung loose, attached only at his wrist. He would learn later that the heat had burned his fingerprints away.

Dizzy with pain, Christian thought he saw Stephanie's arm, pushing his seat forward like she was ready to climb out.

The flames on the woodpile were reaching Christian's waist, his arms, his jaw. The rubble was shifting. Christian turned his attention to their escape and kicked a path to the bottom of the woodpile. He rolled on the ground to extinguish the flames on his body.

When he stood up and looked behind him, Stephanie was not there. The path he made was lined with fire.

Christian ran to the other side of the plane, hoping to help Doug and Stephanie escape. Flames covered the door.

Christian's arms and legs stung as the burns sunk into his skin. Pain radiated from his back, one vertebra shattered by the landing.

He ran toward the door, the heat intensifying as he approached. About 10 feet away, he paused.

Later, Christian would say, "I had a choice, right there - I had the best intentions of going in, but I didn't. I stopped and I turned around - I was thinking that Stephanie was going to die unless I went in there - and I had the children in my mind. They couldn't lose both parents that day."

Christian and Stephanie are faithful Mormons and believe that God is with us on Earth, his voice a holy spirit that can be heard or felt in times of need. Christian thought he heard it then, telling him that Stephanie would be all right, that he should turn away.

He ran across the street calling for help, feeling hysterical about his decision, what it meant to leave his wife in that plane.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... z1XJSkQ45d

Archived