IGNORED

Nie.Nie seems to be having a breakdown

NothingLeftToLose

Oh lord - I thought i could not read one.more.single. post on how she she was sick and miserable while being like 8 weeks Preggo

someone else thought so too - emailed mrs.nie.nie and the girl done went off on her on her blog and posted the readers name.

My guess is nie.nie is off her meds for depression due to her preggo status and is losing her shit.

anyone else read there and think mrs.happy.mormon inspiration is losing it?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm sorry.

i don't read there often.

because she types like this.

instead of using actual paragraphs.

and in a font that is hard to read.

i will go check.

and report back.

with my opinion.

of her and mr. nielsen.

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

she doesn't care about

those mean and nasty comments

but she dedicates a whole post

to them...

What bothers me is the whole have you been burned over 80% oif your body? Well no, then STFU. I am not a fan of 'stop whining if you are pregnant' comments in general, but Nie-Nie walked into this pregnancy knowing it would suck ass and lots of us haven't been burned over 80% of our body and didn't know we would have a really shitty pregnancy, but still feel like crap.

And yes I agree, she is off her anti-depressants. The whole thing makes me sad though. I don't begrudge her wanting more kids and I am surely not saying 'Go adopt!' but she, unlike countless women actually knew what she was getting into with this pregnancy. I can feel compassion for her, but the martyr attitude is making me crazy.

I feel bad that she is burned and all, but I get a sense of entitlement from her I don't care for. Who spends a few hundred dollars on handmade glass stars for back to school and a party for every little thing? Her blog also seems to push her husband's insurance business and the cupcake place and and any other places she can think of. Dislike.

I agree with her post about if someone doesn't like reading her blog, then not to read it. I think the email she got was pretty rude. I'd be annoyed if someone told me to stop complaining, and I know I complain a lot. Other than that, I don't read her, so I don't know what she's like. I don't know what the "have you ever been burned on 80% of your body" thing had to do with their comment, anyway.

What sort of plane crash was she in? Small plane?

I can feel compassion for her, but the martyr attitude is making me crazy.

This is exactly how I feel. I also feel worried for her children/mental health that she is already not doing well and it is still very early.

OT but not really: does anybody else remember a 9/11 burn survivor appearing on Oprah some time in 2002? She was an impossibly beautiful, glamorous woman with a high-powered career, gorgeous-healthy family, and was waiting for the lobby elevator; when the doors opened, flames from the burning fuel tanks engulfed her.

She spoke candidly of the pain - not just the incredible physical pain, but that of no longer turning heads for the "right" reason.

I have a hard time ... no, I can't listen to the 9/11 tapes and stories. Just don't have the inner resources to listen to those innocent people bewildered, terrified and dying. But I would like to know how that lady is getting along. If anybody has the info, I'd be ever in your debt.

As to Nie.Nie ... I have no comments, except to say that it doesn't surprise me that a woman in her situation would pop off when annoyed. Constant pain, pregnancy, and the expectation of being An Example Of Mormon Success -- a perfect storm of stress. I expected to read much worse than I did, in her reaction to the poster. It was snide of her to include the woman's name, but it was a bit foolish of the woman to trust an idealized, lionized blogger wtih her real name.

Oh, and I vaguely recall looking at her blog before. She would be happy to know that since parts of it irritate me, I won't be back. She's right about that -- if you're not a fan, why spend time?

See, not being a fan of a materialistically successful blogger whose story is her surviving and thriving after an accident that will cause her pain her whole life, is different than not being a fan of a materialistically successful blogger whose aim is to Dominate the world (I'm thinking of D. Phillips).

That blog I read and comment upon as a public service.

Sorry for the threadjack, but again, if anybody knows how things are turning out for the NYC lady, TIA.

Is that our Taryn who recommended using baking soda as deodorant? It's an unusually relevant and helpful comment for her if so. Though I'm not sure how well it would actually work.

Nie.Nie probably does see her blog as a way to proselytize people for Mormonism and she has to hold up a certain picture of the "ideal" Mormon woman. That ideal can be VERY exhausting, especially for a pregnant woman with kids, and this doesn't even begin taking into account Nie.Nie's very serious health problems. It's my opinion that the better part of discretion for a woman with her serious injuries would not get pregnant, but I am not Nie.Nie or her doctor.

I feel bad that she is burned and all, but I get a sense of entitlement from her I don't care for. Who spends a few hundred dollars on handmade glass stars for back to school and a party for every little thing? Her blog also seems to push her husband's insurance business and the cupcake place and and any other places she can think of. Dislike.

This.

Maybe we can send her a calendar and it'll help her feel better. ;)

Is there some reason I am missing that they cannot give this poor woman anti-nausea meds? A friend of my partner has had serious morning sickness this time 'round and they are keeping her chock full of metoclopramide -- it's working really well.

This is exactly how I feel. I also feel worried for her children/mental health that she is already not doing well and it is still very early.

Yeah, that.

Everyone suffers and everyone's experiences are unique and they are free to feel them in their own way. She doesn't have the patent for pain and suffering in life and she seems to trivialize the suffering and experiences of others because their life isn't hers and they haven't been burned.

LOL...i wondered if it was 'our taryn' in the second letter, too.

as for the anti nausea meds, i had canadian pals who got them and loved them. i don't think they're as easy to get in the states.

I do feel bad for her, but the whole "lil peanut" thing makes ME want to barf. She has four beautiful, healthy children. Having another when you are not in good physical condition just seems....I dunno what. But I do get tired of all her woe-is-me crap and I barely skim her blog these days.

I was wondering if she has a post where she actually describes what happens? I've been trying to find one around the time that it happened but it seems like she doesn't really go into it.

Guest Anonymous
Is that our Taryn who recommended using baking soda as deodorant? It's an unusually relevant and helpful comment for her if so. Though I'm not sure how well it would actually work.

Our Emily of Under $1,000 A Month swore by baking soda and lemon slices in her pits - which is enough to turn me right off of the idea even if it's not a terrible one. Any advice approved by the woman who named her kefir and strained cheese through a dirty dress on the floor is highly suspect.

One backstory on her is that last fall she asked for homemade gifts to "review" on her blog. Ended up not reviewing or returning them. Another thing is the constant product plugs ..... that is the biggest reason I stopped reading on a regular basis.

The accident info can be found by searching for her on youtube - there have been a lot of articles and interviews done about it. She was a blogger before the small plane crash - but the accident pushed her into big mormon mommy blogger status.

After the accident when she returned to blogging I found her so inspiring... then I think she became more and more less real and more of a commercial blogger whil painting the perfect mormon family/marrriage picture.

I was wondering if she has a post where she actually describes what happens? I've been trying to find one around the time that it happened but it seems like she doesn't really go into it.

Here's an article about what happened.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7002 ... crash.html

There was a flight instructor who was with them on the plane and he died after a few days and left a family behind. But NieNie conveniently forgets to mention this most of the time (like when she was on Oprah), that a person actually died in the crash caused by her husband's inexperience as a pilot. Yet, all she writes about are her own burns and treatments. I think that the accident really has brouught out the worst in her, she is so completely self absorbed and entitled these days. I enjoyed reading her before the crash and now I really can't stand her.

Archived