IGNORED

The new Isaac and Heidi Botkin blog

love2scrap

http://isaacbotkin.com/2015/10/welcome-to-our-new-blog/

I  which they explain reasons for the new blog. This part made me go :my_confused:

HONOR OUR PARENTS

In this day and age it’s cool to push the limits, question everything, and throw off tradition to find your own way in the world.  In contrast to this prevalent rebellious attitude, we want to make a point to go out of our way to honor our parents, and the way they did things, even when it wasn’t perfect.  Proverbs 1:8 reminds us, “Hear, my son, your father’s instruction And do not forsake your mother’s teaching.” In our day to day choices, we want to love our parents, be thankful for their sacrifice and investment in our lives, and model honor and respect for our children who will be watching. Through this blog, we want to remind readers that this is important.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A loving remembrance of Tool’s father. I’m kind of surprised they put it up, though of course Doug is not mentioned by name:

http://isaacbotkin.com/2013/05/howard-phillips/

What Geoff supposedly said to Isaac about Margaret Thatcher: “Mrs. Thatcher is fighting for what is right, but her strategies should be modified this way.”

What we know Geoff really said to Isaac about Margaret Thatcher: “Women in power are God’s judgement on the land. Mrs. Thatcher is the prime minister because godly men failed in their duty to lead.”

We are attempting to create a very simple family-portfolio-commentary-diy-review-design-homemaking-news-theology-art-sewing-debate-photo-security-crafts-guns-cooking-political-technology blog. The reason for such a scattered and diverse set of topics is that we are going to write about the things that we talk to each other about, and the things that we are interested in.

In other words, it's going to be just as unfocused and confusing as Geoff's written bloviations, and the Botkinettes' boring blog. At least they acknowledge it up front!

Heidi is a second generation homeschooler who loves her role as wife, mother, homemaker, chef, advisor, and she provides the order and structure needed to implement a small number of the many ideas Isaac generates.

It sounds like reining in a kid with ADHD. Good luck with that...

Isaac is self-employed

Doing...what, exactly? What do these people do for money??

There is very little that's new here - they're repurposing stuff that goes back to Isaac's 2009 Pixar movie reviews. Meh.

In other words, it's going to be just as unfocused and confusing as Geoff's written bloviations, and the Botkinettes' boring blog. At least they acknowledge it up front!

It sounds like reining in a kid with ADHD. Good luck with that...

Doing...what, exactly? What do these people do for money??

There is very little that's new here - they're repurposing stuff that goes back to Isaac's 2009 Pixar movie reviews. Meh.

All of the above.  But now, now Marian.  Isaac is a designer (of what?) and a film maker.  And works in media.  We have to be patient. and we will find out how he earns a living. 

Since Isaac is self-employed, and we’re always looking for new clients, we’ll be posting some of his work projects here.

Wheeee!  I'm on the edge of my seat.  I love having more Botkin bloviation to snark on!

Here is the part that stood out to me: "she provides the order and structure needed to implement a small number of the crazy ideas Isaac generates. She is learning to enjoy writing, even when the sink is full of dishes."

Fundies yap on and on about how important it is for a woman to be at home but they are quick to cut her role to a "small number" of things - and why not - she is just now learning something more than cleaning a "sink..full of dishes". On the other hand, as godless feminists neither my husband or I would ever consider belittling the other this way. We are both quick to credit the other as being the foundation for all we accomplish. 

I didn't read it quite like that.  Isaac might have a lot of crazy ideas and it's only possible for them to implement a small number of them or only a small number of his ideas are worth implementing, but her role could still be significant.

And a leghumper comments:

Yours sounds like Scientific America, National Geographic, Better Homes & Gardens, People, Life, and World all together in a family blog! Awesome – a Christian worldview blog on steroids!

"Scientific America" -- heh.  

I didn't read it quite like that.  Isaac might have a lot of crazy ideas and it's only possible for them to implement a small number of them or only a small number of his ideas are worth implementing, but her role could still be significant.

You might be right. I'll admit I'm biased. I've found the Botkins to be a particularly irritating example of the patriarchy/fundamentalism since I read about how father Botkin talked about his newborn daughter's ovaries. 

"A Christian worldview blog on steroids." In other words, Isaac's proving to the world that he's a loyal, Kool-Aid drinking block off the old chip.

Doing...what, exactly? What do these people do for money??=

Looks like he 'designs' LOL-worthy stuff. http://isaacbotkin.com/c/design/ I love how he shows his 'design' as though it's something to be proud of, and in the same breath admits he doesn't know shit about water-based inks (plastisol inks are awful and feel cheap and have been low-quality for years now, the fact that water-based inks are new to him doesn't speak well). Poseurs on so many levels.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping to report that Isaac has a new bloviation post up, about the refugee crisis. Maybe someone else here can help me make sense of it...the jist is that it's not the gummint's place to "control the flow of all peoples," and that if only everyone followed "God's laws," everything would be just hunky-dory. Because this is just "a great time to fear God."

But if a nation decides not to follow God’s laws, we shouldn’t be surprised to see a chain reaction of bad pragmatic decisions driving other bad pragmatic decisions. As soon as the State began paying for the care of the poor and education of children, migrants became an expensive liability. The arguments then were the same as now; compassion for the poor, and fear of mooching outsiders. That’s why social services, income tax, and mandatory passport border control all began to pop up one after the other in the early 1900s. That’s why our nation today has assumed enough power to to fund the importation of Syrian Muslim draft dodgers, and fund theforceful barring of Syrian Christian genocide victims at the same time.

As far as I can tell, everything that is evil can be traced back to the school system and social security laws, and there should be no border checks.

It's glaringly obvious they are 'second generation homeschoolers'. I weep for the way the written word is slaughtered - and accepted - by people who don't know any better but think they do.

I've noticed a lot of Facebook disagreements within the Dominionist community over the refugee issue. Libertarians vs. Everyone Else. As an example of the latter, just look at how Jordan Niednagel's paranoia is affecting his poor little daughter: 

Leaving aside the SOTDRT subject-verb confusion & generally poor writing, note that Jordan exhorts his fellow Christianists not to confuse government with church when actually he & they believe we should all be under a government that is a dominionist theocracy.

And are the first to say we don't help enough Assryians who are Christians....they will never admit they dont want to help because they are Muslim.

A few months ago the covenanters and the reformed presbyterians were posting verses about how we're suppsed to treat the strangers in our land well. They were talking about mexican borders but it could mean as well.

• 1 month later...

Bumping to report another update. Baby James, age 3 months, has his first smart phone.

34 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Bumping to report another update. Baby James, age 3 months, has his first smart phone.

I'm sure the Covenant Eyes app has already been installed on it, and Isaac has given the poor little suckling a stern, 3-hours-long lecture about accountability. 

So young Master James is learning about Technology, Dominion (of smartphones), and Manhood (how a young man should wisely use his time while serving at home). Poor kid.

Do you think we will ever see the day when one of the Botkinettes fulfills their fundy purpose in life and gets married?

I'm starting to give up hope.......

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping to report - poor little Isaac's nose is out of joint because TN House Bill 1412, “The Tennessee Defense of Natural Marriage Act,” died in subcommittee. Isaac equates the TN legislators' failure to do things his way to "how we kids tried to weasel out of the responsibility of kitchen cleanup." (Insert foot-stamping here.)

The good citizens of Tennessee must still abide by the Supreme Court's decision. People of all stripes are entitled to marry. Just like Isaac was able to marry Heidi. Equal treatment under the law - what a concept!

Archived