IGNORED

The new Isaac and Heidi Botkin blog

love2scrap

23 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He then recast the engagement and the wedding ring in palladium.  I had to look up palladium.  How very exotic and frugal.  Apparently palladium  is brittle when used on its own so I hope he held on to the silver setting.

These people make everything so complicated.  Why not just pick up a CZ in rhodium plated silver from Amazon, make up a fancy story of why you picked it for its symbolic meaning and call it a day?

It's funny how he can go into long winded explanations to try and sound smart and thoughtful and end up looking like a moron. He wants to intrigue people with his use of palladium and come off as some sort of unique genius. But does not consider anyone might simply Google palladium and see he is just stingy.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just so Botkinesque.

An engagement ring is just a symbol and I don't care whether it is tin, platinum, or titanium.  I don't think anyone should spend a fortune on one either - it's the thought that counts.

But the Botkins need to become "metallurgists" because they've given a thought to metals.  And expert "designers" because they've drawn a picture.  And "jewellers" because they sent out the picture they drew to someone who cast the actual ring in some base metal.

Damn.  Watch a duck lay an egg or land on a pond and you too can claim to be a Duck Biologist!

:my_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Yeah it is! That would be awesome!

I already have a titanium straw and a titanium spork, so one of these days I might complete the set :P

Ah, that old Duck Biologist line :D  It's the gift that keeps on giving.  Like the goose that laid the... palladium egg?

But yeah, using google to find http://www.everything-wedding-rings.com/palladium-wedding-bands.html and http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/precious-metals-comparison.html doesn't make you a metallurgist. :P 

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Titanium is cooler.

Never forget, a titanium wedding band can be used to crack open a beer.

1 minute ago, ladyamylynn said:

:clap:

Pretty sure that's never going to cross a Botkin's mind (except maybe cousin Katie).

39 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It's just so Botkinesque.

But the Botkins need to become "metallurgists" because they've given a thought to metals.  And expert "designers" because they've drawn a picture.  And "jewellers" because they sent out the picture they drew to someone who cast the actual ring in some base metal.

:my_biggrin:

Sadly, there are those who consider Isaac exactly that, now -- a jewelry designer *and* an expert in metals. Makes me want to turn away from every person I've ever admired. How do I know they're not just blowing smoke?!

Can "not so Botkinesque" be a count title?

8 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I don't beer, but it must work on other canned drinks.  So does a titanium straw :D

17 hours ago, withaj said:

Jesus. That is one fucked up comparison.

I highly doubt that Kate feels she was "bought at a price." In fact, she seems totally in control of her life, unlike some people

34 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

I highly doubt that Kate feels she was "bought at a price." In fact, she seems totally in control of her life, unlike some people

Yep, I meant fucked up that they view the DoC that way and even more fuckity fucked that they used it to draw a parallel. 

• 2 months later...

Bumping to report - Isaac and Heidi are totes excited at the prospect of homeschooling their (exceedingly cute) kid. "We’re looking forward to creating really neat Kingdom opportunities for James." The blog post is, of course, yet another opportunity to link to and re-promote their awful "Homeschool Dropouts" video.

http://isaacbotkin.com/2016/06/why-we-are-looking-forward-to-homeschooling/

Archived