IGNORED

Fast with Steve for 10 days!

Letgo

I don't understand how people can fast at all. I'm hypoglycemic, when I don't eat I get really sick. I'd probably be fainting by noon of the second day.

Speaking of all this food, if my meds cooperate and stop making my sick, I'll make chicken pot pie tomorrow. The Marshall's near me gets loads of Le Creuset bakeware in really cheap, and I may or may not have gotten some mini dishes expressly for making personal size pot pies... :my_angel:

Edited because when and why are not the same word.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone really believe that Steve will fast the whole ten days? I figure that since he is a man and allowed out alone, he will be stopping for a meal on one of his many errands. I think still tries to continually prove to his family how super human and God-like he is. He can have his meal away from home and appear to be none the worse for wear after ten days of fasting, which shows them that God look with favor on Steve. 

I absolutely think he will do it short of being hauled into a hospital. He's that crazy and full of himself.

I have no plans to intentionally anti-fast, but I did eat half a loaf of bread yesterday. Finally discovered a gluten free bread recipe that's good and couldn't help myself.

I've been on a business trip since last Thursday. I've eaten so much junk, I need to fast. I joked that I couldn't go back to the Marketplace in the hotel again because the employees know me and chuckle when they see me come in. I ran in there this afternoon for a $6.00 cheeseburger for lunch-- the same burger costs $12-14 at either of the restaurants- I got lucky because the cashier didn't know me. I'm currently hanging in the business center until my shuttle comes around 5 pm- charging my phone- and trying to not look like a vagrant. I have snacks in my bag. I really need a Diet Coke.... I hear the Marketplace calling my name. 

Ah, my first ever official anti-fast :D (Last time, I had a kind of anti-fast, but didn't even realise what day it was until I checked FJ). I went out and had a load of Chinese food. I muttered "Happy Anti-Fast" to myself too! :P (If I'd have said it aloud people would've thought i was very weird). I've also bought more food for later tonight/tomorrow. 

I'm having trouble keeping my weight up, so I just had a gigantic bowl of pasta for lunch! Also, my grocery delivery from Whole Foods is arriving any minute. Today I added some kind of tub of chocolate fudge to the list! I'm salivating just thinking about it! Perhaps I'll post a photo when it comes! 

How's your yummy, filling water, Steve? 

My anti-fast day started with a bacon/bleu cheese omelet and coffee.  I was so busy @ work I didn't get a chance to eat lunch- just a Coke.   Dinner tonight is jerked chicken with a mango salsa, salad, and baked plantain.  Cooking is my idol.  

Fellow worshippers of chocolate:

It was laid upon my heart to share this delicious jar of paradise with you all! 

You're welcome. :my_biggrin:

20151109_135954-1.jpg

I had scrambled eggs for breakfast, Burger King for lunch(Whopper ketchup only and medium fries, and another Whopper for later since I had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon), and Mom brought me over some spaghetti for dinner.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my donuts, but I bought leftover Halloween cookies with orange icing.

I hope by this time Steve is too weak to bother his wife or daughters.  May his starving lead to hallucinations of letting his captive daughters free!!  That's GOD speaking, Steve.  Better obey.

I went on a girls weekend (Thurs - Sunday) and ate, among other things: a burger and fries, half of a buffalo chicken stuffed pretzel, half of a nutella stuffed pretzel, a vanilla frosty, a sub sandwich, homemade cookies and brownies, cheese and crackers, peanut butter M&Ms, several sourdough hard pretzels, and airheads candy (among other healthy fare, like salads, whole wheat bagels, and yogurt.) 

So, I'm doing my part!  I'm going away on another trip tomorrow, so lots of restaurant meals will round out my anti-fast.  

Fellow worshippers of chocolate:

It was laid upon my heart to share this delicious jar of paradise with you all! 

You're welcome. :my_biggrin:

20151109_135954-1.jpg

Give meeeeeeeee :(

@quincygal I think when people are doing their anti-fasts is a personal choice. Steve has been fasting since yesterday (7th) and will carry on until the 15th. Teri is joining him on Monday (9th) so that's when many people here are joining in. 

I haven't had much today, except a wrap and some large marinated chicken bites. The shops aren't open here which is a pain in the ass. 

gotcha!!:)  I've been a little behind the times here lately:(

I wonder what horrors are going on in the Maxwell house now. Steve sounds like a difficult person to live with in his best moods, let alone hungry.

I have eaten so many jellybeans and I even picked the flavour myself! :D

Steve doesn't get to share any of the delicious chicken and veggie curry I made today! And he doesn't get to have any of the egg drop soup I'm making later this week (BTW, egg drop soup is ridiculously easy to make at home).

We've been invited to friends' for dinner. I'm bringing red kuri squash soup (looks like a pumpkin, a little smaller) made with sweet onion, honeycrisp apple, chicken stock, cinnamon. Yum.

I made meatballs with a spicy tomato sauce and am going to have it with roasted proscuitto wrapped asparagus.

The fast is over. I wonder how Steve did-did he make it all ten days? How much weight did he lose? I tried to see if he looked gaunt in the photo with "The Elderly" but it was a side shot and not that close. I hope he doesn't decide that the entire family should join him next time.

He didn't talk about his fast, but his latest Seriously (crazy) Dad was very weird (weirder than usual).  Something about a barefoot runner running over glass.  Something about youth groups, cholesterol, and debt seeming like a good idea at one time, but not later.  Who thinks cholesterol is a good idea?

His scripture (which I can't for the life of me see how it goes along with whatever he was talking about) mentioned Jesus eating and drinking, so I'm thinking he's still feeling the effects of that fast.

Maybe he means people like me who decide that God has clearly given me a sign that I should go get pizza for lunch this afternoon? Mmmmmm cholesterol.

He didn't talk about his fast, but his latest Seriously (crazy) Dad was very weird (weirder than usual).  Something about a barefoot runner running over glass.  Something about youth groups, cholesterol, and debt seeming like a good idea at one time, but not later.  Who thinks cholesterol is a good idea?

His scripture (which I can't for the life of me see how it goes along with whatever he was talking about) mentioned Jesus eating and drinking, so I'm thinking he's still feeling the effects of that fast.

Holy moly, he is delirious. I like how he assumes that the broken glass bottles are caused by teenagers wanting to destroy "the evidence" of their party. Most broken glass I see on the streets is caused from car break-ins. Broken bottles are often an accident and not a deliberate choice to "destroy the evidence" or whatever. He's so eager to point out the bad in others without looking at the plank in his own eye. 

Archived