IGNORED

Fast with Steve for 10 days!

Letgo

I just ate breakfast - a large scone smothered in Nutella, with a banana on the side.

S'gonna be a goooooooood day! 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a fantastic brunch of a toasted scrambled egg and smoked salmon sandwich. Was tempted to get a Full English Breakfast, but thought that would be a bit much, since I have some chili-spiced rice and beans in the fridge for dinner.

Wait, as a weaker vessel, am I allowed to anti fast all weekend?  Or we are just doing monday?

Either way, yesterday on my birthday, I received breakfast in bed (birthday cake!:) & we went to the local mom & pop place for dinner last night.  I had fried fish & DH & DS each had cheeseburgers:) yum yum!!!:)

Am making spaghetti sauce today with the last of our tomatoes, and DH will likely make another batch of hummus:)

I just put mozzarella stuffed meatballs smothered in red sauce to cook in the crockpot-- it will be my lunch today and my husband's snack all week.  Then tonight I am making African stir fry chicken.  Plus still eating that pumpkin bake. I wasn't all that excited about making something with pumpkin but I have to admit it is really hitting the spot.  Last night I used a lot of whipped cream so it was more like eating pumpkin pie-flavored ice cream.

On today's cooking agenda: hot, fresh, homemade chicken-vegetable-rice soup, good for the cold Mr. MtL and I are sharing. Serving hint: squeeze the juice of half a lemon into your bowl, ladle in the hot soup, and voila - Jewish penicillin with a zingy dose of vitamin C. :tw_heart:

Just ordered Chinese takeout as part of my personal anti-fast, is it extra sinful if I covet it's quick delivery? Also, I didn't pray and wait for my headship to order it... Triple sinning?  I just need to know how many sins I've racked up to see if I can level up from gluttonous non-believer to greedy sinful harlot.

Love your antifasts! Now I want to have a coke... Anyway, I had a pretty healthy breakfast, greek yogurt with tangerines, peaches and strawberries and orange juice.. It's lunch time and I think i'm gonna make a baked ham sandwich with goat cheese and a lemonade... I'm marinating pork chops in a homemade curry vinaigrette, i'll make roasted asparagus and mushrooms, and probably some brownies for dinner, yum!

@quincygal I think when people are doing their anti-fasts is a personal choice. Steve has been fasting since yesterday (7th) and will carry on until the 15th. Teri is joining him on Monday (9th) so that's when many people here are joining in. 

I haven't had much today, except a wrap and some large marinated chicken bites. The shops aren't open here which is a pain in the ass. 

I didn't cook anything last night for the first night of the anti-fast, but I did grab some take-out from one my favorite Mexican restaurants in the area. So, I enjoyed: their homemade salsa and warm, crispy tortilla chips, their divine chile relleno with melty cheese and a fluffy, eggy batter coating, delicious refried beans with queso, and a Coke (which I'm trying not to drink but will make an exception for the anti-fast).  :coke:

For breakfast I had half of a red velvet muffin (the thing was huge) with a large glass of milk and a cup of coffee. For lunch I had a bunch of Triscuits with hummus, ham, cheddar cheese, and chunks of tomato. I also ate a significant number of dill pickle-flavored potato chips. Afternoon snack and dinner have yet to be determined. Dinner might be based on my homemade chicken broth.

I'm trying to decide what to eat for dinner:... I'm in one of those moods where nothing sounds good and I hate eating. I kind of sort of want to go out..... Fried pickles sound good.... But ehhhh I should eat real food....

I wish we didn't have a need to eat. It's such a chore, takes up so much time, and costs aot of money.

Yesterday, wife and I wanted to go to Giordano's (Chicago deep-dish chain), but it was going to be 2 hours between getting there and getting food! And I was so hangry that I yelled SHUT UP at Siri while trying to navigate there. So, we decided to go to Olive Garden for the $12 "customize own pasta." I had a tri-color vegetable penne with garlic sauce, plus two bowls of chicken gnocchi soup and breadsticks. I always eat a lot of the soup and bread there, and save a lot of the actual pasta for leftovers!

Then, today was the stewardship breakfast at our new church. Unfortunately, the main dish was egg bake, and I have a major egg intolerance! But, since it isn't a contact allergy, I gave my piece to my wife and took an individual serving of cereal (they had the single serve boxes out for the kids), and also ate a jam croissant, orange juice, and coffee. 

Then, we went grocery shopping. Wife started a better-paying job and also clocked 67 hours this week at both jobs together, so we had a $100 budget for two weeks of food for us, plus two weeks of cat litter and wet food, while still having some staples (frozen meat, mostly), at home. So, we used the Target coupons and her employee discount, and bought frozen veggies, three frozen pizzas, two boxes of pasta, two sauces, two cans of tomatoes, two packages of bagels, a cream cheese container, instant coffee, tortilla chips, two string bags of Babybel cheeses, butter, OJ, air-popped popcorn, a bag of super-clearanced (70% off!) Halloween candy, milk, frozen tortellini, bagged salad, carrots, and a few peppers. The people food came to $67 or thereabouts, is all! And even with having to buy bulk cat food and litter, we came in at about $90.

I am ready to anti-fast in style!

Just ordered Chinese takeout as part of my personal anti-fast, is it extra sinful if I covet it's quick delivery? Also, I didn't pray and wait for my headship to order it... Triple sinning?  I just need to know how many sins I've racked up to see if I can level up from gluttonous non-believer to greedy sinful harlot.

This is my story exactly! But I did it last night... I'll be heating the leftovers soon! Yum! 

Okay, first off, all of these food stories are making me hangry, haha.

Second, I'm thinking about going to the store later and getting mozzarella sticks and some other fatty food-type times. Normally, I would make banana pudding, but because Maxwells hate laziness, I'm gonna be lazy and buy banana pudding rolls instead.

I just put mozzarella stuffed meatballs smothered in red sauce to cook in the crockpot-- it will be my lunch today and my husband's snack all week.  Then tonight I am making African stir fry chicken.  Plus still eating that pumpkin bake. I wasn't all that excited about making something with pumpkin but I have to admit it is really hitting the spot.  Last night I used a lot of whipped cream so it was more like eating pumpkin pie-flavored ice cream.

I had a volunteer pumpkin plant grow out of my compost bin this summer and it produced around 20 pumpkins!  So I will definitely cooking pumpkin stuff all winter long.  Right now I have a pumpkin-quinoa soup in the crockpot for tonight.  When it's almost done I think I will throw in the last of the pulled pork I made last week (experimenting with being a carnivore this winter, haven't cooked much meat before).

I also bought a small bag of candy corn last night since I crave it at Halloween time but hadn't had any this year.

Won't be cooking tomorrow because of time schedules, but I took my little ham out of the freezer and will have that will scalloped potatoes on Tuesday, and some mashed butternut squash. 

I went to Sprouts in search of McIntosh apples, none to be found, got some Macouns instead, and some sliced dried baked vegetables to snack on. Also got some cheese curds and a tiny sliced baguette to feast on. The Mr likes the pepperjack cheese balls with those little bread slices. 

So our anti fast is going well. I'm taking 2 bottles of Nestle's pure life mandarin orange water to the office tomorrow and curds to snack on. I'll only be there a couple of hours and don't need a full lunch.

I started my antifast on Friday night by ordering a pizza, all by self, no divine intervention needed. I had that for dinner Fri and Sat and for lunch today.  Did my antifast ritual and went to Panera yesterday for lunch, though I did pass on the 0.99$ pastry.  Actually, had Steve approved dinner tonight, oatmeal with apples and walnuts.  However, I did have a piece of Giaradalli chocolate for dessert.

Okay, first off, all of these food stories are making me hangry, haha.

Second, I'm thinking about going to the store later and getting mozzarella sticks and some other fatty food-type times. Normally, I would make banana pudding, but because Maxwells hate laziness, I'm gonna be lazy and buy banana pudding rolls instead.

Did Taco Bell instead, but those cinnabon treats are really tasty.

In honor of the upcoming anti-fast, Fiance of Awesome and I had bratwurst marinated in hard cider and homemade knockoff Auntie Anne pretzels.  Om nom nom nom

Yes, but was the bratwurst spurting?

Made Beijing noodles tonight, but the peppers were a bit spicy for our guests. Back to the drawing board—but coming to this thread, it amused me to think that even something as (relatively) mild as seeded, pickled jalapenos would probably set Steve's mouth afire. :562479521d2a1_32(3):

My go-to anti-fast meal is spagetti squash with Alfredo sauce that also has pancetta and peas. It is so good.

Tonight's dinner is comfort food for sore throats and sniffles: mashed Yukon gold potatoes with butter and caramelized onions, and steamed-then-sautéed baby asparagus spears. :my_angel:

I anti-fasted last night without even remembering I was supposed to be doing it. We went out to eat, and I had steak, mashed sweet potatoes (delicious!), asparagus, and shredded fried onions. I sort of continued the unintentional anti-fast today by eating two pieces of Halloween candy and cookies for dessert, but my dinner was too small and the overall anti-fast effort weak, so I'm going to hunt down a really good nighttime snack in a minute.

Your antifasts all sound yummy! (Surprisingly many of you are eating asparagus!)

I think I have to go grocery shopping today and get some ice cream or cookies or something. Or maybe some cream so I can make pasta in cream sauce ...:Yes:

Archived