IGNORED

Fast with Steve for 10 days!

Letgo

I would bet that there is a lot of fasting done in that house that they don't publicize based the fact that food, and everything else, is controlled in that house. I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing this when the kids were actually kids as a form of punishment. I can see Sarah, even as an adult, being sent to her room without dinner for something stupid. Since they aren't allowed to be adults they likely are still punished as children. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic...

Teri's posted some guff about scheduling. The post is accompanied by a photo of Ruthie taken by Christopher. Ruthie looks adorable, and it's actually a pretty good photo considering who took it. Other than that, it's a random post... likely just a plug for MOTH. There've been quite a few MOTH plug posts recently... are sales down perhaps? 

Just saw the post and thought the same thing about the picture of Ruthie.  It's funny, I saw the picture and wondered who the kid was.  We see so few pictures of Christopher and NR-Anna's daughters.

Also agree with the plethora of MOTH posts and Mom's Corners lately.  I guess since they are not traveling much they are hoping for sales from their site.

Are you reading about Linda Hazzard? I don't want to call her a doctor although she claimed to be one.

Yep, Linda Hazzard! And Starvation Heights is the book. 

That is the best picture they've posted of Ruthie since she was a newborn. She's a sweet little thing. 

So, what happens when Steve binges after not eating for ten days?

Bad things.

Can you imagine Steve as a hospital patient?

Steve, feebly: "Doctor, do you know where you will go when you die?"

Doctor: "No.  But if you don't do what I say you will find out yourself soon!"

Does anyone really believe that Steve will fast the whole ten days? I figure that since he is a man and allowed out alone, he will be stopping for a meal on one of his many errands. I think still tries to continually prove to his family how super human and God-like he is. He can have his meal away from home and appear to be none the worse for wear after ten days of fasting, which shows them that God look with favor on Steve. 

Bad things.

Can you imagine Steve as a hospital patient?

Steve, feebly: "Doctor, do you know where you will go when you die?"

Doctor: "No.  But if you don't do what I say you will find out yourself soon!"

Steve: do you know where you will go when you die?

Doctor: yes. I will be taken to the Morgue, and then the autopsy department (perhaps in reverse order. I don't really know). Then I will be shoved into a coffin and burried 6 feet under the ground in the cemetery.

Answer #2: My organs will be harvested for use in others, so my heart, lungs, and liver will each go to different people. So where I'm going when I die is into other people.

In honor of the upcoming anti-fast, Fiance of Awesome and I had bratwurst marinated in hard cider and homemade knockoff Auntie Anne pretzels.  Om nom nom nom

Does anyone really believe that Steve will fast the whole ten days? I figure that since he is a man and allowed out alone, he will be stopping for a meal on one of his many errands. I think still tries to continually prove to his family how super human and God-like he is. He can have his meal away from home and appear to be none the worse for wear after ten days of fasting, which shows them that God look with favor on Steve. 

Charles Manson reportedly taught his followers that keeping oneself under control while on LSD was the ultimate proof of a higher level of self-control and therefore personal development. Everyone marveled at how calm and controlled Manson would be when they all dropped acid, and he was held up as the example they needed to strive to be like. Interestingly enough, no one ever actually saw Manson take acid. 

Just sayin'...

to the first bolded I think that's the understatement of the year!  I'm tightly wound and compared to Steve I'm Courteny Love.  I don't think the magnitude of Steve's torque could possibly be measurable.  :) 

ITA with the second bolded.  Mostly because for my headship to give up food for ten days of his own volition would be proof positive of supernatural possession.  But seriously if this were someone I loved proposing this I'd insist they see a doctor first talk them out of it...er, I mean advise them of the risks.

But I'm not married to Steve.  Maybe after the increased crankiness of the first few days passes the subdued quiet would be worth it.  After all, a good wife would reverence him far too much to get in the way of his behavior no matter how risky.  I mean God gave him the penis and hence an expert on everything so I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

In response to the bolded...I agree. BUT. If I were married to Steve I might be encouraging him to do the ten day fast. Totally because I'd want to be a supportive, submissive, obedient wife, of course.

If Steve suffers any negative side-effects, Teri will probably enjoy writing a passive aggressive Mom's Corner about women as the weaker vessels who should allow their husbands to hear directly from God, without interference, no matter how hard the lesson.

Just curious: there had been two comments on the fasting article, but one has now been deleted. The one remaining shills for Sarah's final Moody book.

I had read the deleted comment several days ago, but nothing offensive registered with me, and now I don't remember the content. Does anyone else? 

I remember a comment that ended something like "Can I pray for you too?"  The tone of it did seem odd to me (or I probably wouldn't be recalling it now). I wondered if it were an FJer, or just an enthusiastic sheep who hadn't yet learned that the Maxwells offer up prayers for the less-holy, they don't share their own needs for others' prayers, except in a bragging " Please pray for God to use us mightily!" kind of way. 

Maybe they got more comments of the same tone and decided they don't want personal accounts on the comment section?

Thanks for answering my question. Now that you mention it, I do remember the fangirl tone of the comment. It was probably offensive to the Maxwells to have one of their wordly readers offer to pray for them. Maybe they feel it lowers them in the sight of God. It's OK if they pray for us sinners, but we better not drag their name through the mud by clumsily praying for them. Who knows? This family saddens and offends me on so many levels.

Thanks again for responding!

Someone brought Really. Good. Baklava. to work today. Really good. As in, I am making an idol of it.

Just sayin,' Stevie.

:twisted:

Sorry, @blessalessi--I really messed up my quote. I'm not going to try to fix it for fear of making it worse.

It was quite entertaining to read myself quoted with new words! :my_smile:

Teri revised her prayer times because it interfered with grandkid time. I know we criticize her commitment to scheduling, but I am glad that she is keeping the grandkid playtime and moving prayer time. From her email: 

“Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.” (Psalm 86:6)

Dear Sister,

Monday is our prayer and fasting day. I look forward to the spiritual closeness to the Lord and praying with you for your prayer requests, all of which are very important and many of which are very heavy. I will also admit that I find a day of not eating to be very difficult physically. Some have told me as they go through the fasting day, the Lord reminds them through their hunger to pray for those who are hungry not by choice but because they simply do not have enough food to eat.

If you live in a time zone that isn’t a U.S. time zone, would you e-mail me right away and let me know that? If so, tomorrow(my Saturday) I will send you the e-mails that I have prepared to send out to those fasting and praying with me. Otherwise, most of you who are international get the encouragement e-mails when you are finished fasting. When I send the e-mails to you, they will be titled with the time of day they are intended to be read if you want to save them for that time.

I reread the times I said you could know I would be praying, and I want to revise it a little. I realized that one of the times in the original e-mail was during my playtime with three of my grandchildren. I won’t play with them and effectively pray, and I don’t want to miss playtime!

I will be praying Central Time at these times:

5:10 to 6:10 a.m.

9:00 to 10:00 a.m.

2:00 to 3:00 p.m.

5:00 to 6:00 p.m.

I will also be praying other times throughout the day.

If you want to communicate with me during the fasting day, this e-mail address comes directly to me. I will be checking it during the day since you might have things you want to share with me.

I am praying that Monday will be a special time of sweet fellowship for you with your Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings,

Teri

I am anti-fasting today.  This morning so far I went to McDonalds and got the hotcakes and sausage platter with a small Coke.  Fuck that Steve!

My (lo carb) lunch today consists of sauerkraut fried in butter with bratwurst and a side order of pumpkin bake with whipped cream.  Oh man it is good.

How strange that she is so concerned about time zones.  I get that she wants to make sure that everyone is praying at exactly the same time so that it magnifies the prayer or something, but does she honestly believe that God is so concerned with time zones?  "Yeah that was a weak ass prayer.  The Kansans were praying at 5:00 p.m. CST time but the Londoners were praying at 5:00 p.m.GMT.  Too bad they didn't synch up because I would have granted their wishes."

My (lo carb) lunch today consists of sauerkraut fried in butter with bratwurst and a side order of pumpkin bake with whipped cream.  Oh man it is good.

How strange that she is so concerned about time zones.  I get that she wants to make sure that everyone is praying at exactly the same time so that it magnifies the prayer or something, but does she honestly believe that God is so concerned with time zones?  "Yeah that was a weak ass prayer.  The Kansans were praying at 5:00 p.m. CST time but the Londoners were praying at 5:00 p.m.GMT.  Too bad they didn't synch up because I would have granted their wishes."

Ugh, god is just a jerk like that, don't you know?

What is this "pumpkin bake" of which you speak.....

Jody's Pumpkin bake.  Google it (it is on several web sites.)  The next time I make it, however, I'm going to use less sweetner.

Teri revised her prayer times because it interfered with grandkid time. I know we criticize her commitment to scheduling, but I am glad that she is keeping the grandkid playtime and moving prayer time. From her email: 

I think those are the time God is going to put his phone on silent so if anyone has any big prayers that need immediate attention I'd try to slip them in between Teri's scheduled yammering fests.

seriosuly she's not leaving a God enough to time to shower snd grab something to eat uninterrupted...so rude.  

And totally forgot about the fast but I've been eating all day because of a coincidental Adderall break.  So thank you, Maxwells, for giving me a purpose to the ridiculous combinations of foods I've been eating all day.

I kicked off my anti-fast with a broiled seafood platter. I just found a scrumptious-looking maple cream pie recipe on the King Arthur's Flour website, and I feel convicted to make it!

What day are the women anti fasting? Today I didn't eat much, but yesterday I had Subway veggie patty sandwich, and washed it down with some coke laced with vodka.

Today I ate takeout from my favorite chinese place for breakfast and a simple salad for supper. I'm not doing much today except resting, so I tend to eat less on these days.

Archived