IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

Ah, I didn't notice that. Interesting. I always thought it was 1 year for vaginal and 18 months for c-section.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Health insurance is very expensive here. If you have a decent, full time job, your employer well cover part of the cost of your insurance to make it more affordable. If Derrick was still working at Wal-Mart when izzy was born, they probably had good insurance and the hospital birth probably wasn't too expensive. I had a baby recently, vaginal birth, nothing crazy, and without insurance, the hospital costs would have been $6000+

I'm not sure about the rules of being covered under your parents. It used to be that you had to be I college full time to be covered past age 18 but I think they recently changed that to age 24. Either way, I think getting married would get you kicked off your parents plan.

I don't know if Jim Bob would carry insurance as a small business owner, if he does, he clould cover ben and jessa as employees. Generally small businesses can't negotiate great deals with insurance companies so they may end up paying a lot more. (I paid 10% of that 6000 for the birth, someone with cheaper insurance is probably paying more)

I doubt any of the duggars would participate in Obamacare. Most die hard republicans are against it.

So yea, homebirths are simply cheaper... When they go well.

Also, Google samaritan ministries, a lot of fundies use them. It's basically crowd funding other Christians for your medical bills, but you have to live by their life standards. They wouldn't exactly agree to pay for Josh's STD testing.

It's 26 now as far as I'm aware. I only know because I had aged out of my parents' insurance at age 23 previously (you don't need to be in college, just still sharing your parents' home address) and when AHA passed and the age raised I was 24 and got right back on my dad's healthcare plan until I aged out again at 26.

Michelle said they had "very good insurance " and that almost all of Josie's extensive medical bill was covered.

I'm the states you can stay on your parent's medical insurance whether you're married or not, or in college or not until age 26. "Obamacare" plans MAY be cheaper than your employer sponsored plan, but that's not always the case. You also have to weigh the cost of the premiums against the amount of the deductible, copays, coinsurance, etc. in order to truly determine which is the cheaper plan overall.

Michelle said they had "very good insurance " and that almost all of Josie's extensive medical bill was covered.

Perhaps their very good insurance was just TLC footing the bill?

If Jill is the mini Michelle we think she is, she'll blantantly disregard medical advice and leave it "up to the lord". I hope for her safety that she waits too, and after Jessa's birth experience I think a hospital birth would be the best choice, but fundies seem to look at home births as something to brag about. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't most of Michelle's births at the hospital?  The ones televised (Jackson and the Lost Girls) were.  

RE J'chelle's fertility:

Let remember that J'chelle breastfed 6 month and then passed the baby (and his/her paraphenalia) onto the appropriate sistermom and never looked back.   She did manage to get pregnant while breastfeeding, but no matter what excuse she gave for the 6 month weaning, the true motivation was ovulation.

Even if insurance wouldn't cover VD and related testing for Anna and Josh, I would think that the Duggars can afford it. (These people can afford to own and fly planes, after all.)  The question is whether they think the tests are a good idea.

The rule for parents' coverage changed so that you don't have to be in college and you get through age 25. (Find another insurer when you turn 26.)

Obamacare is only cheaper for those who make very little money. The payment from those who make more money is supposed to pay the difference for "the poor."  Some middle-class folks, especially young people who had what was minimal coverage before, have found that they are paying more because their former plans no longer exist.  (Let me make my position clear. I support universal basic health care. I do not like how Obamacare is playing out so far.)

As for VD testing, I believe there are clinics in many big cities which do these tests cheaply because it is considered a public health issue.  The Duggars could afford the tests anyway.  The question is whether they will consider them.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about the new rules past age 18!

I'd love to see Josh going into planned parenthood for VD testing!

Funny, you replied to the message I was editing because others had already made these points.  ;)  

As I said in my edited version, the Duggars can afford the tests.  They could just buy a little less gas for the plane and not fly it so far one week.  ;)

actually since planned parenthood got defunded the first thing they cut was vd testing. My state (Ga) is the 8th worst state for STIs/VD and of ran out of funding just days after the cuts. 

Wait. Is it a known fact that the Duggars are using Scamaritan or is this purely speculation?

What is Scamaritan?

It was Jinger and J'Chelle said it.

Yeah, the talk was about Jinger saying she wanted to live in a city. Then J'chelae chimed in and said what Jinger really meant was that she wanted to live closer to a Wal-Mart. Jinger of course didn't issue a correction.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't most of Michelle's births at the hospital?  The ones televised (Jackson and the Lost Girls) were.  

Michelle definitely did have most of her kids in the hospital. I think that was OK during the Bush administration, Jordyn-Grace was born before Obama was sworn in and Josie was an emergency c-section, so that was OK. Now, healthcare is bad b/c Obama supports it.... and I think that drives much of the trend towards homebirths in the patriarchy movement. I also think the Duggars realized with MacKynzie's birth in 2009 that homebirths make great TV and up the drama, they like this too.

Their change of heart also coincides with homebirths becoming more popular and being on trend, and so doesn't actually make them look more wacky on TV, it's oddly made them look more normal which is unfortunate.

Didn't someone dig up some info online that showed Michelle owed the hospital a bunch of money in the late 90's or something? 

----

The Dillards put a couple videos of Izzy on their blog.

http://www.dillardfamily.com/blog

I know you can't REALLY know what goes on behind closed doors. But I am seriously leaning towards them NOT blanket training Israel. They really seem to be encouraging him to crawl and pull to stand and stuff. I mean, I don't know that much about blanket training. But doesn't it usually involve discouraging a baby from exploring?

Yes Izzy is on a blanket in both videos but I'm sure it's because of the tile flooring.

Those were cute videos.  I agree that the blanket on the floor is most likely because it's a tile floor, and hopefully not because they are blanket training.  I noticed Derrick was behind Izzy when he pulled himself up, ready to catch him when he lost his balance.  That's such a nice normal protective parent thing to do.  I still think he's an idiot.

Shouldn't Izzy be on solid foods by now? Mother's milk is low in iron. My last baby was hi risk. She was in the nicu but when I took her home, the Doc. said  give her  a little cereal, if she seems to need it .I did at about 3 weeks & she was fine. And Izzy's a big, strapping boy.

Shouldn't Izzy be on solid foods by now? Mother's milk is low in iron. My last baby was hi risk. She was in the nicu but when I took her home, the Doc. said  give her  a little cereal, if she seems to need it .I did at about 3 weeks & she was fine. And Izzy's a big, strapping boy.

Now they say that "food before one is just for fun". He's probably eating some solids but not a significant amount.

For breastfed babies I believe they recommend iron drops. I formula feed.

Wait. Is it a known fact that the Duggars are using Scamaritan or is this purely speculation?

I was speculating, I don't know if they use it or not. We do know that Nathan Maxwell uses it, he did a blog post on it a few years ago.

Muffy has time to paint her nails. I seriously doubt she's taking Spanish classes 20 hours a week. Who watches Izzy?

Also, don't give their (monetized) site more hits. Just check the Duggar Family You Tube page. These videos (and all of their others) can be found there. Don't give these people a red cent with your clicks! Same goes for Benessa and the senior Duggars' websites. 

Don't they get money if you watch the videos on youtube too?

I liked that Derick was there for when Izzy started to fall. And also blocked the corner of the table with his hand. (Though we opted to get corner guards for our tables. Hoping to save ourselves from stitches.)

And yes, food before one is just for fun. To help them taste different things and whatnot. As you get closer to a year, you gradually add more and more.

I think many (most?) breastfed babies are given some type of supplement. Wouldn't know though because we formula fed.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived