IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 7: O Smuggar Where Art Thou?

happy atheist

I've decided it must be a zillow error. Google the address and not shown sold anywhere.

Don't be so sure... I've seen Zillow pick up on sales before my local real estate auditor updates the info online...

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It makes sense that they would want to expand. Not so sure about the farm thing; these are, after all, people who live in the South and have 19 kids,and have never bothered to grow a vegetable garden worth mentioning.

Yeah, and it's pretty heavily wooded. I can't imagine a Duggar farming that, or even clearing it.

That sounds about right.

Leads me speculate that there may be a plan for J&A to attempt a self sustaining farm. Sort of a semi off-grid life. Now I am not saying that Josh has the work ethic and gumption to actually make it work, I am just speculationg about his options. There are also a lot of boys in the family coming of age. The Duggars have been damaged by the world. I can see the whole family looking at options that are different. And a cult like family run working farm just might make interesting TV.

In any case, it makes sense that the Duggar clan buys cheap land and builds a compound on it. Money is not flowing as it once was. There are many young grown Duggars who need homes. With 37 acres, they can build and parcel off some of the land for profit. Real Estate is their true business anyway. I don't know the area. Is it far from civilization or is it adjacent to a growth area and likely to gain value?

:confusion-seeingstars:

Wait a minute--- so it turns out the Siloam Springs house still belongs to Josh and Anna.

All the information we have about the parcel that has been sold is that it is adjacent and that someone bought it.

Is there any reason to believe that the Duggars (any Duggars) are involved in the purchase? (Other than the properties are neighbors? And that means nothing. My neighbor's house is up for sale but I am not buying it.)

From this slim possibility that the Duggars bought the land just a day or two before announcing that Josh was off to rehab we speculate that the plan may now be for Josh and Anna to become farmers?

:dontgetit:

Even if the Duggars have bought the adjacent parcel, I think the other scenarios (buying the land to flip or for other Duggars to have houses) make more sense.

But I still don't know why we should think the property was bought by a Duggar. What am I missing?

If Josh and Anna are buying up acreage surrounding their house would follow what Jim Bob and Michelle are doing. The parcel of land Jim Bob and Michelle's house is on is 20 acres. They also own a big warehouse at the front of that property. About a year ago they bought at least 2 more large parcels of land across from their house. One is almost 18 acres and the other is 40 acres. They are zoned agricultural.

There is an old court case of the previous owners of Josh and Anna's house feuding with a neighbor over a shared water well. I haven't read the entire thing, but it made me think that Josh and Anna might have needed to buy the land extra land to have full control of the water source to their house. Of course the water situation could have changed since the court case and they could have drilled a new well or got hooked up to city water. Although the tax records say their house doesn't have city water or sewers. I think their house only came with 2 acres and I don't think the well was located on that two acres. I don't know for sure. It is just a possibility.

Edit to add that all of the Duggar property is very interesting to research if you are ever bored.

(from a farming family here.)

If the area is zoned agricultural, they could easily rent out the land to a local farmer for a pretty penny. We do that. Usually they agree on a price per acre flat rate, or the landowner will get a percentage of the income & pay a percentage of the bills (without doing any of the actual work). My husband rents land from several people around us and does both of those things.

So, I definitely could NOT see the Duggars themselves getting into farming (remember the episode where they went to a local farm??) but I could easily see JBoob renting out the land that is farmable and cashing in the rent check.

There is an old court case of the previous owners of Josh and Anna's house feuding with a neighbor over a shared water well. I haven't read the entire thing, but it made me think that Josh and Anna might have needed to buy the land extra land to have full control of the water source to their house. Of course the water situation could have changed since the court case and they could have drilled a new well or got hooked up to city water. Although the tax records say their house doesn't have city water or sewers. I think their house only came with 2 acres and I don't think the well was located on that two acres. I don't know for sure. It is just a possibility.

Edit to add that all of the Duggar property is very interesting to research if you are ever bored.

That would make sense (buying the property with the well) -- do we know if this purchase is of the land with the well?

We will have to wait and see whether it was really Duggars who bought the land though. (And would it be Josh or JimBob who made the purchase? Seems a strange thing for Josh to do just before going to rehab.)

.... ru @ ru Smuggar and did u buy a well before you went?... :wink-kitty:

Well, I think it takes a while to process a sale, and maybe they were planning anyway to buy the adjoining property. I can't believe they would sell it out of the family as it seems to be a good deal. For someone. One of their many, many kids. Because Jesus.

One of their politician / lawyer friends also owns a real estate closing company that handled the closing on some of the Duggar property.

And he also happens to be the ministry director of the Fayetteville, Arkansas chapter of Reformers Unanimous...

Quick question:

How much hush money or hush-bully tactics do you think JB has put up to keep any other womens from coming forward?? There's been a serious lack of information besides the one sketchy mention of a pregnancy scare and Ms. Danica and her lurid tale. We all know he's got the resources....

:stir-pot: :stir-pot:

If so, that man doesn't let grass grow under his feet.

I have never seen this colloquialism before, I like it. 47 pages in a finally something worth reading for!

The house that Josh and Anna bought and the house that Zillow shows sold on 8/25/2015 have different parcel numbers. They are right next to each other though.

Josh and Anna's house is parcel 18-10511-001.

The parcel that sold 8/25/2015 is owned by someone else and it is parcel 18-10511-000. The assessor info has not been updated with the details of the 8/25/2015 sale so I am not sure who bought it. It is a large parcel of land with 37 acres. It is possible that Josh And Anna bought it since it is a large parcel of land right next to their house.

But, wait a minute. The land that was sold is described as having five bedrooms two bathrooms and central air-conditioning, so it can't be a vacant tract of 37 acres.

It shows the price history:

post-3090-14452000821395_thumb.jpg

You can see that this IS the house that was bought in January for $55,000. (It was sold for over $212,000 in 2013, so there was a massive loss after the foreclosure).

And if you click on "See data sources", this is what you discover:

post-3090-14452000821579_thumb.jpg

post-3090-14452000821807_thumb.jpg

You can see on the second "data sources" image, the land that was sold did indeed have the parcel number of 18-10511-001. So yes, it's Josh and Anna's house. Buying the adjoining 57 acres with the water supply sounds like a good idea, though. :)

Joshley farming? I'm pretty sure the guy isn't on nodding acquaintance with more than four or five vegetables. He couldn't even make it work with a car lot- I don't see him devoting his life to hard physical labor unless Jim Bob makes him.

Does John David live at the TTH or elsewhere? I believe there is a house under his name near the Stonybrook house but I wasn't sure if he actually lived there or if it was just in his name. Anyone know?

As the screen shots above show...I think the house sold for $65,000 is definitely the Josh and Anna one. I wouldn't be surprised if it was sold within the family though.

I know from experience that Zillow sometimes gets information incorrect. They tend to have the sale and tax information correct, but the description of the house our other buildings on the property can be way off. They just pull their information about properties from real estate listings and county assessor sites, etc. and it can get jumbled up when larger parcels are getting broken down.

There is a similar Zillow issue with Jim Bob's Stoneybrook mansion. Jim Bob bought the mansion plus 2 acres that were separated from a much larger parcel. But Zillow's listings for the properties has some incorrect info and they show the house on both properties. The county assessor has the correct info. It is still very confusing.

Update on the court case regarding the FOIA:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2416084/judge- ... -involved/

(not broken because news...well, trashy news, but still news!)

Short version: the police report from the recent 911 call will NOT be released because it identifies a minor. There has not yet been a ruling on releasing the judge's correspondance wrt the 2015 destruction of records relating to the 2006 police interactions with Josh.

I also noticed that some land owners near Josh and Anna's house were listing land for sale at $8000 an acre. (I don't think it was this same parcel we are talking about now, but it could be.) They were willing to sell the acreage all together or break the land down into several smaller lots for people to build houses. So there are several different possibilities of what might be going on depending on who purchased the land and how much they purchased. I will be interested to see what happens when the assessor updates their info.

But, wait a minute. The land that was sold is described as having five bedrooms two bathrooms and central air-conditioning, so it can't be a vacant tract of 37 acres.

It shows the price history:

post-2315-14451995963369_thumb.pngHome Facts 1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Home Facts 2.jpg[/attachment]

You can see on the second "data sources" image, the land that was sold did indeed have the parcel number of 18-10511-001. So yes, it's Josh and Anna's house. Buying the adjoining 57 acres with the water supply sounds like a good idea, though. :)

Interesting. That does seem to be slightly updated parcel information from what Zillow was showing earlier. Or there might be a few different Zilow pages with slightly different info. It will be interesting how this end up.

My first post here and I only arrived by typing into google 'where is Josh Duggar'. That's when I found you guys, a bunch of super sleuths that gave me lots to read about. I spent hours following the Duggar plane on flightradar24, never realising before I could track such a small plane.

As for the extra land that Josh and Anna may have bought. Well, I have a theory, but this could be because I watch too many late night creepy horror films. :o :o JimBob has bought the land to build an underground bunker to house Josh in. He can't get into any more trouble down there can he guys? Can he? :pink-shock:

If the property that was sold was Josh and Anna's, it could have been sold within the family to protect it from lawsuits against Josh. Since the transfer was only a week after the allegations came out, they might have been in panic mode.

I'm not even sure which property sold, however. There is definitely some confusion.

Or maybe it was put in Anna's name only. That might have been the bargaining chip which convinced her to stay. And, although it isn't likely it might be a way for her to have some control over Josh's future actions. If he continues misbehaving she could throw him out and still have some security for her M kids.

Or maybe it was put in Anna's name only. That might have been the bargaining chip which convinced her to stay. And, although it isn't likely it might be a way for her to have some control over Josh's future actions. If he continues misbehaving she could throw him out and still have some security for her M kids.

I think JB is too much of a control freak to let that happen. If it was sold within the family, I bet it went to him. He probably figures that way he can control BOTH Josh and Anna. He can control Josh's bad boy actions and control Anna by making sure she doesn't run.

(from a farming family here.)

If the area is zoned agricultural, they could easily rent out the land to a local farmer for a pretty penny. We do that. Usually they agree on a price per acre flat rate, or the landowner will get a percentage of the income & pay a percentage of the bills (without doing any of the actual work). My husband rents land from several people around us and does both of those things.

Not really. The land around Siloam is good for two things: chicken farms and cattle. Chicken farming will break them - it's set up so it's almost impossible for farmers to make money. The poultry companies screw you coming and going. AFAIK, they have no experience with any animals, so they'd have no idea what to do. Renting is dicey. What little land is farmable is already tied up by Allen Canning (green beans and peas) and the owners don't make much. It's just a cash supplement for them, really. Otherwise you can get someone to pay you to mow it for hay, providing it's not mostly forested. That's also not enough for a yearly income. Buying a lot of acreage is good if you don't want neighbors, but if you're backed up against a cattle farm, someone WILL "accidentally" cut your fences on a regular basis and let their cows graze it.

I think JB is too much of a control freak to let that happen. If it was sold within the family, I bet it went to him. He probably figures that way he can control BOTH Josh and Anna. He can control Josh's bad boy actions and control Anna by making sure she doesn't run.

What I think is that JB made Josh sell the house and that the money is going to be used to pay for the rehab and to support Anna and the M-kids. It is the same as Josh being expected to pay for his therapy before.

If JB bought the house, he may or may not allow Anna to live there without Josh. The last report from an unknown source said that Anna and the kids were at the TTH.

You are right that it is about control, but in the long run, the question is how Josh will handle his father's attempts to control his life now that he's been out in the world. He may accept. -- or he may explode.

I grew up in a part of Alabama that is topographically similar to the Duggars'. We have basically the same agri-industry there. Chickens, smaller (less than 100 head) cattle farms and hay growers. Most people don't bother trying to grow veggies or fruits (although there are a few vinyards popping up here and there). My Dad is one of the few that makes a comfortable living in the agri-industry. He builds chicken farms and barns. He also rents out his land for hay growing. He worked a TON in that part of Arkansas in the 80s building chicken farms. He would work all week and come home on weekends. Now that my brothers are not (gasp!) living nearby (thanks to satans other fortress, college) he rents the land to a local horse breeder, who grows his winter hay on it. He makes some money on it, while someone else maintains it for him; keeping snakes and rodents out of the house.

Archived