IGNORED

Duggar sighting in Edinburgh!

Moose

I've finally given up lurking because of this topic....

I had a look this morning at Amy and Sean Overbeeke's twitter feeds - both open and clear. Now suddenly all his tweets (and pictures) have vanished, and Amy's twitter is protected...

Reduced snark potential there. Shame.

(also, hello all, etc - I live in Edinburgh which is why I really started to follow this discussion! Didn't see the Duggars though....)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There homeschooling would not have prepared them this trip. Do they even own a globe or map to be able to pinpoint USA let alone any other country?

Globe? Their "globe" is a map -- because their world is flat!

Amy posted a pic on FB, of her carry-on bag (Jim Boob only allowed her to take a carry-on; no checked luggage) as she was trying to close it. A couple days later she posted "Scotland!"

They'll probably be shocked that Israel isn't exactly like it was in the Bible. I'm trying to find the quote from David Ben Gurion about how they would know Israel is a real country when it has problems with drugs and prostitution . . .

I wonder what kinds of faces they'll make when they are offered falafel or babaganoush. If they stay in a hotel, the breakfasts are sure to be foreign to them: fish, veggies, etc. I'm sure we'll see they corralled into a Burger Ranch or McDavids for some good old American comfort food.

They are sure to stare at the Aye-Rahbs. I wonder which small child will get left behind in Jerusalem's Aye-Rahb shuk (old market). I can only imagine JB's explanation of why the boys/men have to wear kippot in the Jewisdh holy sites, or better yet -- Jackson's explanation + facial expression. One of the girls/women will squeel in delight when theyu "discover" that the dati (orthodox) women dress modestly, "just like them." Of course they will be wrong about that too, because dati women don't bear their arms and wear higher collared tops.

I can't wait to hear JB attempt to speak Hebrew, just like Jesus (who actually spoke Aramaic). Yo espeak no Hebrewo . . . .

Amy posted a pic on FB, of her carry-on bag (Jim Boob only allowed her to take a carry-on; no checked luggage) as she was trying to close it. A couple days later she posted "Scotland!"

What an asshole. SHe's a grown-ass woman and if she wants to check luggage, let her. She can pay for it if she wants, but fuck him for being such a douche, and to her for not saying, "Are you out of your fucking mind? I'm taking more that a goddamn carry-on, thankyouverymuch!"

Wouldn't that be too Catholic?

Ack no. I'm going to Italy in October. If they go there, then I hope they're gone by the time I get there. I might be tempted to defraud them with my tight pants.

Ack no. I'm going to Italy in October. If they go there, then I hope they're gone by the time I get there. I might be tempted to defraud them with my tight pants.

Italy in October! *swoons*

I was in Italy last October. It's an excellent time to go. Have fun!

Italy in October! *swoons*

I was in Italy last October. It's an excellent time to go. Have fun!

Thanks! For our 10th anniversary my DH and I are taking the trip that we had hoped to take for our honeymoon. This is a long-time dream of mine. We'll be horseback riding and wine tasting in Chianti!

I put money on them going to the Blarney Stone. And I'm sure we'll get Kiss-kiss-kiss as JB prepares to kiss the stone, and I love you Michelle till we want to barf. I hope the guy "Helping" Jim-Bob lets go and he misses the stone and falls to the ground so we can have a VERY SPECIAL episode about how different KELTIC of sell-tic or Irish or British or Medicine is from American medicine. Gag.

Guest Anonymous
I put money on them going to the Blarney Stone. And I'm sure we'll get Kiss-kiss-kiss as JB prepares to kiss the stone, and I love you Michelle till we want to barf. I hope the guy "Helping" Jim-Bob lets go and he misses the stone and falls to the ground so we can have a VERY SPECIAL episode about how different KELTIC of sell-tic or Irish or British or Medicine is from American medicine. Gag.

It'll be a Very Duggar Wake. And nobody will show up because it's boozeless.

I can't wait to hear JB attempt to speak Hebrew, just like Jesus (who actually spoke Aramaic). Yo espeak no Hebrewo . . . .

It will probably be more like "Oy! What a shmear!" followed by hacking coughs.

It's a shame the Duggars will probably turn their noses up at falafel. It's tasty, filling, relatively healthy (if you don't get it with french fries inside!) and, most important to JimBoob, it's cheap.

I keep holding out hope that Boob will either get hauled off by security for doing something stupid, or pelted with pebbles for wearing short sleeves in Mea Shearim.

There will be one place he will be in his element--in the Jerusalem shuk, bargaining is not only acceptable, it's encouraged. He'll be able to get great prices on all the religious items he wants, like plastic crown-of-thorns and glow-in-the-dark Virgin Marys.

I've finally given up lurking because of this topic....

I had a look this morning at Amy and Sean Overbeeke's twitter feeds - both open and clear. Now suddenly all his tweets (and pictures) have vanished, and Amy's twitter is protected...

Reduced snark potential there. Shame.

(also, hello all, etc - I live in Edinburgh which is why I really started to follow this discussion! Didn't see the Duggars though....)

Wow, I shouldn't have said anything! Maybe he lurks here :shock:

Also, welcome!!

Lillian wrote:

Wow, I shouldn't have said anything! Maybe he lurks here

Also, welcome!!

Thank you! And now, both twitter feeds are back and open (although all Overbeekes recent pictures - including defrauding picture of beers - have been deleted...)...

Go figure!

Oh for God's Sake, Sean! No need to delete your Guinness Pictures. You and your crew/friends deserve a beer, or several. I wouldn't consider it a proper trip to Ireland without a few pints. FJer's are with you! And Amy, methinks you have enjoyed a good alcoholic bevvie or two, albeit with frilly umbrellas... So lighten up, both of you!!!

KELL-tic is the origin. SELL-tic is the football team.

Even though you spell them both Celtic... ;)

What an asshole. SHe's a grown-ass woman and if she wants to check luggage, let her. She can pay for it if she wants, but fuck him for being such a douche, and to her for not saying, "Are you out of your fucking mind? I'm taking more that a goddamn carry-on, thankyouverymuch!"

Very surprising indeed. You'd think JB and ofJB would want to keep the J'slaves busy with laundry as if to remind them that world travel is not in their future, just laundry, cooking and poopy diapers.

I just don't understand y'all's obsession with Duggar footwear! Who cares?

I think part of the obsession with Duggar footwear is because the family often wears inappropriate footwear when traveling around or doing stuff.

I think part of the obsession with Duggar footwear is because the family often wears inappropriate footwear when traveling around or doing stuff.

I think it's also the Duggars' snobbery and obliviousness to their footwear choices. We've seen them climbing a mountain and hiking in rural Central America in flip flops, even after being warned about the dangers of rough terrain, insects, snakes, etc. When asked about why they would wear flip flops on such occasions, one of the daughters replied that Duggar girls could do anything in flip flops. Their special relationship with religion apparently protects them from the dangers faced by heathens.

Kissing the Blarney Stone is actually a defrauding experience. You have to hold on to a railing and bend over backwards while a nice Irish gentleman holds you around the waist. Not sure Jim Bob would approve of his wife and daughters doing this>

I think it's also the Duggars' snobbery and obliviousness to their footwear choices. We've seen them climbing a mountain and hiking in rural Central America in flip flops, even after being warned about the dangers of rough terrain, insects, snakes, etc. When asked about why they would wear flip flops on such occasions, one of the daughters replied that Duggar girls could do anything in flip flops. Their special relationship with religion apparently protects them from the dangers faced by heathens.

I agree they are very oblivious and arrogant about their footwear in a lot of situations. One of the twop posters several months ago looked up the mission organization that the Duggars are affiliated with and on their site they gave poor suggestions for footwear for missions in Central America. I also remember when Boob let Joy Anna mountain climb in flip flops. I hate to say it but eventually the Duggars will learn that flip flops aren't great to wear when traveling. I think an injury will probably happen at some point during a vacation and flip flops will be part of the reason.

I was just in Edinburgh a few months ago, LOVED it! I'm surprised to see there's others here who live there. Luckily for the Duggars, its a somewhat conservative place compared to other European cities - aside from the kilts, beer, and haggis!

Edit - I guess they'd be ok with Haggis. I thought it was pork sausage, didn't realize it's actually sheep sausage! I'm also curious where you spotted them. I stayed on the Royal Mile when we were there.

Archived