IGNORED

Benessa + J'Dillards in NYC tonight

Mel314

Are we sure Jill was there? Why are the pictures only of Jess and Ben and the Dillards were with them?

There was one pic upthread of Jill, Jessa and Michelle---and tqo other people. I thought the one was either jana or Joy but it was neither.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was one pic upthread of Jill, Jessa and Michelle---and tqo other people. I thought the one was either jana or Joy but it was neither.

The other two were just fans

Isn't the Bates daughter getting married this weekender? I think I remember reading that somewhere and that the Bates were worried by hat JB would hijack the day. I think the article stated the entire Duggar family would be attending and Jana was a bridesmaid. May be the grifters from Central America flew into NYC for the wedding and the other idiots met them there. I can't imagine the TLC joke is not already filmed.

The Bates wedding is tomorrow afternoon. Duggars were spotted at the rehearsal dinner tonight (thanks to Erin Bates' instagram). Jill is definitely there; no public sign of Jessa there yet.

They were definitely in NYC to film their part of the documentary. There was a pressie released yesterday about it. However, Mechelle's name was NOT listed. Why was SHE in NYC? Does she not trust her adult daughters to stay on the family script? Aw hell, no one in this family trusts anyone else farther than they can be thrown; I think I answered my own question.

WOAH THIS IS SO CREEPY!!!!

On Thursday I was using the pool at my school and while walking down to the athletic area I passed a guy that looked SO MUCH LIKE DERRICK! Of course I didn't think it could actually be him.

BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE???

Why were you sneaking around an ebil college, hhhmmmm Derrick!???

Actually, the college I go to is a business school, and they were showing people around that day. Fuck maybe it was him.

The other two were just fans

It is so weird. I stared and stared at that girls face trying to decide who she was. Am I getting so old that all young women are starting to look interchangeable? :lol:

The off the shoulder top should have alerted me immediately though. No Duggar girl would wear that---except maybe Jessa in a year or two.

I still don't understand what kind of missionary work you can do in TWO weeks?! Duggars you are so freaking annoying! Donations for a two week trip?! Josh and Boob getting kick backs on the card payments?! I need to sit down. These people make me so angry!!!

It would be interesting to know how much they actually raised. Is it possible to find this out? Do they have to file a statement?

This is said with all sincerity. Some people have a difficult time understanding and following directions. I think Jill might be one of those people.

That would explain her struggle to cook rice for three...

edit. Oh my... I'm a Bodily Fluid Performance Artist now :lol:

thats good to know, I know some that have parents in the military that moved a lot and always craved stability.

My dad wasn't in the military, but he had a government job that made us move a lot when I was young. I actually have a really hard time staying in one place too long. My parents moved to their current home in 1997, and it was absolute torture for me and my sister that we didn't continue moving. My brother only experienced 2 moves in his childhoo, both before he was 3, so he doesn't have the same craving for moving as the two of us do.

I also think my sister and I were much more well adjusted than my brother. Picking up and starting all over again was hard at times, but it made us learn how to make friends fast, adjust to new surroundings and situations, all around have a better handle on how to deal with life. My brother is, at 20 years old, learning what my sister and I mastered very early in our childhoods.

And Jill still hasn't mastered the art of baby wearing. She needs to just quit. He's hanging too low.

They can't be filming that special, it seems like it's already been filmed. TLC showed a picture of Erin Merryn talking in it already.

No idea why they're there, probably to have "sweet fellowship" with some Republicans or something, but man, poor Jinger. She'd love to be there.

Hanging too low is the least of her worries. Babies should never be outward facing in a carrier, it's bad for both the wearer and the baby. Also, his legs shouldn't be dangling, she needs a carrier that will support his hips.

Hanging too low is the least of her worries. Babies should never be outward facing in a carrier, it's bad for both the wearer and the baby. Also, his legs shouldn't be dangling, she needs a carrier that will support his hips.

I'm not so sure about the facing forward. A lot of carriers are designed for infants to face forward after 4 months (when they have head/neck control). As babies get older, they want to see what's happening around them. But, this still means that the carrier needs to be used properly--some support is still needed. I wouldn't think that dangling legs are an issue as long as baby's weight is distributed and supported evenly.

Frankly, hanging low, like in the photo, can't be comfy for Jillard or good for her back either.

If as reported above, the girls are in NYC for recording the TLC show, then I"m convinced that Mullet is there to make sure they adhere to the party line. In normal families, I would have guessed that she was there to provide grandmotherly childcare for Izzy while the taping occurs, but we know that didn't happen.

If as reported above, the girls are in NYC for recording the TLC show, then I"m convinced that Mullet is there to make sure they adhere to the party line. In normal families, I would have guessed that she was there to provide grandmotherly childcare for Izzy while the taping occurs, but we know that didn't happen.

Totally agree about Me!Chelle's role in all this: adhere to the party line, girls! And fuck her for not noticing that her older daughter-slaves could have used some time away in the city. Mother of the year... :nenner:

Can I also say that of course they were in Times Square! Why not check out Manhattan's gaudiest, more tourist-laden spot? I would not be at all surprised if their visit completely ignored any and all museums, though it would be so good for them to learn more about the world....but can't have any non-Gothard-learnin' goin' on!

I'm not so sure about the facing forward. A lot of carriers are designed for infants to face forward after 4 months (when they have head/neck control). As babies get older, they want to see what's happening around them. But, this still means that the carrier needs to be used properly--some support is still needed. I wouldn't think that dangling legs are an issue as long as baby's weight is distributed and supported evenly.

Frankly, hanging low, like in the photo, can't be comfy for Jillard or good for her back either.

hipdysplasia.org/developmental-dysplasia-of-the-hip/prevention/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

Evaluation of Carrying Position for Babies

www.iosrjournals.org 51 | Page

6.1 Nine Reasons Not To Carry Your Baby Facing Out:

1. does not support your baby’s legs.

2. makes it tough for the wearer to carry the baby.

3. places your baby in an arched or hollow back position which places pressure on the spine , groin and may chafe the inner thighs of your baby.

4. may over stimulate your baby.

5. doesn’t support the head or the neck leads to

Positional asphyxia

6. makes thermoregulation more difficult.

7. makes it

harder to respond to baby’s cues.

8. throws off baby’s center of gravity.

9. may not be so wonderful on your back either.

http://www.academia.edu/13257180/Evalua ... for_Babies

I've read a lot more on the subject which goes further into detail, but for the life of me I cant remember the websites.

Totally agree about Me!Chelle's role in all this: adhere to the party line, girls! And fuck her for not noticing that her older daughter-slaves could have used some time away in the city. Mother of the year... :nenner:

Can I also say that of course they were in Times Square! Why not check out Manhattan's gaudiest, more tourist-laden spot? I would not be at all surprised if their visit completely ignored any and all museums, though it would be so good for them to learn more about the world....but can't have any non-Gothard-learnin' goin' on!

I totally agree.

I think J'Chelle was there for two main reasons:

1. to make sure that the girls don't say anything that exposes their damaging cult-ideology and true "family values" even more.

2. to keep the girls from having new experiences and insights. Cause Gothard forbid that the girls could learn something new that would them make question their cult dogmas.

If Boob would have accompanied the girls, the attempt to controll them would have been more obvious. J'Chelle probably tried to play the part of the nice, harmless lady with the baby voice while making very sure that her daughters didn't do anything that Gothard and Jim Bob the bible wouldn't approve.

My dad wasn't in the military, but he had a government job that made us move a lot when I was young. I actually have a really hard time staying in one place too long. My parents moved to their current home in 1997, and it was absolute torture for me and my sister that we didn't continue moving. My brother only experienced 2 moves in his childhoo, both before he was 3, so he doesn't have the same craving for moving as the two of us do.

I also think my sister and I were much more well adjusted than my brother. Picking up and starting all over again was hard at times, but it made us learn how to make friends fast, adjust to new surroundings and situations, all around have a better handle on how to deal with life. My brother is, at 20 years old, learning what my sister and I mastered very early in our childhoods.

I feel like I'm the total flip side of this. I moved once in my very early childhood, and by summer 2016, I'll have lived in three countries in so many years. And I'm planning on applying to the Foreign Service, so every two years I'll be packing up and starting over wherever Uncle Sam tells me/pays me to go.

And I think that Izzy will be fine as long as his parents are committed to injecting some stability into their semi-nomadic lifestyle (jury's out on that, though). But thousands of Mongolian, Bedouin, and Tuareg kids do just fine, and they're actual nomads.

hipdysplasia.org/developmental-dysplasia-of-the-hip/prevention/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

http://www.academia.edu/13257180/Evalua ... for_Babies

I've read a lot more on the subject which goes further into detail, but for the life of me I cant remember the websites.

I don't want to take this thread off track, because basically I agree with you. Hip dysplasia is a real concern which is why there are carriers specifically designed for that issue as well as the others that you mention for forward facing (e.g. Ergo mentioned previously). The bottom line is that the parent has to read the instructions and use it properly AND this is a case where using the one she used for carrying a sibling around when she was 10 may not be the carrier she should be using now. Car seats improve, baby wearing has improved. Don't buy used and save the difference, unless you've done your research and know that it's still a recommended brand for safety.

ETA The more I thought about this, I realized that the midwives that attended my daughter's deliveries offer monthly baby wearing classes--just so parents choose an appropriate carrier (with all the concerns covered) and use it correctly for their sake and babies. Makes me wonder just what kind of training Jill was really receiving in midwifery. Is there a thread on that? But of course, we know that for a Duggar it's all about getting that fetus born, and not so much development/health/happiness afterwards.

I don't want to take this thread off track, because basically I agree with you. Hip dysplasia is a real concern which is why there are carriers specifically designed for that issue as well as the others that you mention for forward facing (e.g. Ergo mentioned previously). The bottom line is that the parent has to read the instructions and use it properly AND this is a case where using the one she used for carrying a sibling around when she was 10 may not be the carrier she should be using now. Car seats improve, baby wearing has improved. Don't buy used and save the difference, unless you've done your research and know that it's still a recommended brand for safety.

ETA The more I thought about this, I realized that the midwives that attended my daughter's deliveries offer monthly baby wearing classes--just so parents choose an appropriate carrier (with all the concerns covered) and use it correctly for their sake and babies. Makes me wonder just what kind of training Jill was really receiving in midwifery. Is there a thread on that? But of course, we know that for a Duggar it's all about getting that fetus born, and not so much development/health/happiness afterwards.

I know there was another thread (I don't remember which) where people talked about Jill's teacher basically being an awful midwife herself. She even got in trouble for not properly attending a birth and lost her license, if I remember correctly. I want to say it was during one of the Dilly Dally threads. Possibly after the birth. I think it came up because the issue with the birth she got in trouble with had something to do with Strep B.. I could be wrong on that though...

Yeah--I think the ability to adapt quickly to a new place is a skill. The benefit is that shit can all go south and I can take it in stride. Whaaaaaaat? We are moving 5000 miles away and I will never see my friends again?? Oh ok. Some people are better at it than others. I always moved in the middle of a school year. Once I moved twice during one school year. It got to the point where I just expected the move and seamlessly picked up the new school work---whatever they were working on.

That might have been because I generally did well in school. Maybe I would have done super well if I had stayed in one school the whole time. I don't know. I do know that moving a lot is considered to be very disruptive for kids. The ones that struggle academically would find moving all the time to be a significant challenge. And shy people. Shy people have a harder time because they often do not have that many friends to begin with and having to start fresh looking for friends is difficult.

I too read that Jill's teacher had lost her license.

That is another weird thing. Usually, people do not take on an apprentice who says I want to learn this profession---but I will only practice it for a very short time. As soon as I get married (and that will be as soon as possible, perhaps even before I finish my training with you), I will be quitting all work outside the home.

Some people believe that mentoring people into a profession is a public service. They choose candidates who have the best potential for a long career that will benefit others.

About that baby wearing thing:

I think that maybe Jill is wearing Izzy in a manner that gives optimum visibility of him for the camera. If she was to wear him all swaddled up her fans would not be able to see him properly.

if she wore him on her back they d still able to see him, but obv shes given up on the wrap and gone for the worst alternative. there are so many good meitais or half buckle carriers that support your back and the kid. ive glt a preschooler meitai to wear my 2y9mo ocassionally.(on the back she is 14kg now xD)

Yeah--I think the ability to adapt quickly to a new place is a skill. The benefit is that shit can all go south and I can take it in stride. Whaaaaaaat? We are moving 5000 miles away and I will never see my friends again?? Oh ok. Some people are better at it than others. I always moved in the middle of a school year. Once I moved twice during one school year. It got to the point where I just expected the move and seamlessly picked up the new school work---whatever they were working on.

That might have been because I generally did well in school. Maybe I would have done super well if I had stayed in one school the whole time. I don't know. I do know that moving a lot is considered to be very disruptive for kids. The ones that struggle academically would find moving all the time to be a significant challenge. And shy people. Shy people have a harder time because they often do not have that many friends to begin with and having to start fresh looking for friends is difficult.

I used to be painfully shy, but I always managed to find new friends within a few weeks of moving somewhere. But, I think that was largely because I wasn't given much of an option. I was forced outside as much as my parents could. Lol

As for school, I struggled a lot in school, but it had little to do with the moving and a lot to do with learning disabilities (I have dyslexia, dyscalculia, auditory processing disorder (and between the ages of 2 and 6 I was losing my hearing, they finally caught and corrected it when I was 6 and 50% deaf in both ears), OCD, and I had EFD). The most challenging thing for me when switching schools in the middle of the year was just catching up with required reading and stuff like that. In 6th grade, I had to read 3 books cover to cover before my second week of school started because there was going to be a midterm test and my teacher wasn't going to let me reschedule it. That was hell. But, I did it, and I got a B on the midterm.

I think that the kids who struggle the most with moving around a lot are the ones who move a lot because their parents are unstable, the parents don't seek out academic support for their children when needed (I was lucky that my parents ALWAYS made sure to get me a tutor if my grades started slipping below a B, that they had constant dialog with my teachers, and that they made sure that my academic needs were met to the best of their ability), those who have mental or emotional disabilities/challenges that aren't addressed properly, and whose parents don't properly take their emotions, desires, and needs into consideration in any other way. But, those kids would likely have trouble no matter how many places they've lived in.

I used to be painfully shy, but I always managed to find new friends within a few weeks of moving somewhere. But, I think that was largely because I wasn't given much of an option. I was forced outside as much as my parents could. Lol

As for school, I struggled a lot in school, but it had little to do with the moving and a lot to do with learning disabilities (I have dyslexia, dyscalculia, auditory processing disorder (and between the ages of 2 and 6 I was losing my hearing, they finally caught and corrected it when I was 6 and 50% deaf in both ears), OCD, and I had EFD). The most challenging thing for me when switching schools in the middle of the year was just catching up with required reading and stuff like that. In 6th grade, I had to read 3 books cover to cover before my second week of school started because there was going to be a midterm test and my teacher wasn't going to let me reschedule it. That was hell. But, I did it, and I got a B on the midterm.

I think that the kids who struggle the most with moving around a lot are the ones who move a lot because their parents are unstable, the parents don't seek out academic support for their children when needed (I was lucky that my parents ALWAYS made sure to get me a tutor if my grades started slipping below a B, that they had constant dialog with my teachers, and that they made sure that my academic needs were met to the best of their ability), those who have mental or emotional disabilities/challenges that aren't addressed properly, and whose parents don't properly take their emotions, desires, and needs into consideration in any other way. But, those kids would likely have trouble no matter how many places they've lived in.

It's really great that you had such supportive parents and that you were able to overcome so much! In my experience, that last sentence of your post is sadly true - the parents who need to come to the conferences and be in touch with their child's teachers the most are always the ones who don't show up and aren't in touch :(

Archived