IGNORED

Baby shower for Elissa + What Some Might Call a Vacation!

albanuadh_1

Photo!! John is there! Thanks Stevo for the pretty pictures! Had me a John moment there.... Also observation Jesse wet and muscly without glasses ain't half got some promise...

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cute kitty cat that showed up. I wonder if they asked him/her if it knew where they were going when they died. Steve had his weekly Sunday meeting on vacation? And Teri is going to be subjected to the Bataan Death March aka a 14er hike tomorrow on her birthday. Very un-Maxwellian of Jesse to dive in the pond like that. Message to Anna and Sarah...BEAR SPRAY WHENEVER YOU GO OUT IN THE WOODS ! Especially in light of what happened in Yellowstone a few weeks ago. Oh never mind they wouldn't know that cuz they don't follow the news.

Ruining Halloween for Heathens with the Moodys

(It's just awkwardly worded enough for a book by Sarah.)

"Mom next to the Colorado sign as we drove by!"

Just as well she wrote that caption, really, since you can't actually read the sign at all. It does look vaguely like it says "Welcome To" somewhere, but it could've been "Welcome to Weed World" for all we know.

Also, what is gravy, in the American sense? Here in Britain it's like a meat or vegetable-based sauce that we have with meat, usually a brownish colour and can be thick or thin depending on the dish/preference.

ETA: When was Exciting Times published? Maybe the Moodys will have another kid. They've already got Max, Mollie, Mitch, Maddie, Melissa and Moses... maybe there'll be a Macarena or Merlin or Mystery.

Macarena Moody... :lol:

"Mom next to the Colorado sign as we drove by!"

Just as well she wrote that caption, really, since you can't actually read the sign at all. It does look vaguely like it says "Welcome To" somewhere, but it could've been "Welcome to Weed World" for all we know.

Also, what is gravy, in the American sense? Here in Britain it's like a meat or vegetable-based sauce that we have with meat, usually a brownish colour and can be thick or thin depending on the dish/preference.

ETA: When was Exciting Times published? Maybe the Moodys will have another kid. They've already got Max, Mollie, Mitch, Maddie, Melissa and Moses... maybe there'll be a Macarena or Merlin or Mystery.

Macarena Moody... :lol:

Usually, when people I know (including myself) take a "entering Colorado" or similar (Welcome to whatever city, or as we used to do, "Continental Divide, Elevation whatever) we get out and stand by the sign. It is odd they didn't stop... other than there are likely a dozen like it in their photo albums.

RE: Breakfast gravy... There are a couple of breakfast gravies-- one would be chipped beef on toast, or a variation of that. (Also known as shit on a shingle) which is a white sauce type gravy with dried beef (at our house, if someone makes this which is rare, it may also include boiled eggs cut up and added to the gravy as well.)

The other breakfast gravy I'm most familiar with is a white sauce gravy made with cooked ground sausage, served over biscuits. I serve this at a new years brunch and people expect it. For many at the party (myself included) it is about the only time I eat it, because it is fat and carb heavy, but it is on a lot of menus as homestyle/countrystyle/southernstyle breakfast restaurants. l.jpg

Some is called country gravy, and has little sausage.. mine is sausage heavy and usually has quite a bit of pepper.

Others mAy know of other breakfast gravies

This picture took my mind directly to Velma Kelly and the Cell Block Tango...

I'm not suggesting anyone kill Stevehovah, but he had it coming doesn't seem entirely inappropriate. :? :lol:[/quote

It was a murder but not a crime... Watch your back stevo

I can see all the Maxwell woman lined up behind bars, doing the Fosse Jazz hands, singing

Dust - Death - Click - Muffin - Leavenworth - Jesus

They plan to climb a 14-er for Teri's birthday tomorrow. I live in Colorado and we're supposed to have fierce, damaging thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. I hope they get themselves to the summit by 8am. Maybe, for once, they need to postpone their morning Lord time until later in the day.

Usually, when people I know (including myself) take a "entering Colorado" or similar (Welcome to whatever city, or as we used to do, "Continental Divide, Elevation whatever) we get out and stand by the sign. It is odd they didn't stop... other than there are likely a dozen like it in their photo albums.

RE: Breakfast gravy... There are a couple of breakfast gravies-- one would be chipped beef on toast, or a variation of that. (Also known as shit on a shingle) which is a white sauce type gravy with dried beef (at our house, if someone makes this which is rare, it may also include boiled eggs cut up and added to the gravy as well.)

The other breakfast gravy I'm most familiar with is a white sauce gravy made with cooked ground sausage, served over biscuits. I serve this at a new years brunch and people expect it. For many at the party (myself included) it is about the only time I eat it, because it is fat and carb heavy, but it is on a lot of menus as homestyle/countrystyle/southernstyle breakfast restaurants. l.jpg

Some is called country gravy, and has little sausage.. mine is sausage heavy and usually has quite a bit of pepper.

Others mAy know of other breakfast gravies

Yes, the white country gravy may come with sausage or without. But it's not just for breakfast. It's also served on mashed potatoes and chicken fried steak. Not healthy, but very yummy.

The only other breakfast gravy that I know of is red-eye gravy. The most basic recipe for it is just hot coffee poured into hot ham or maybe sausage drippings. The spot of coffee in the botttom of the bowl is why it's called red-eye. As I recall, it's pretty tasty on grits or ham/sausage biscuits.

Also, what is gravy, in the American sense? Here in Britain it's like a meat or vegetable-based sauce that we have with meat, usually a brownish colour and can be thick or thin depending on the dish/preference

We have that, too, just not usually at breakfast unless as said it's the red eye variety. For Thanksgiving I usually get to make brown and white turkey gravy. Half the family wants milk or cream in it and the other half doesn't. :shock:

Here gravy is usually brown meaty sauce made by thicking meat drippings with flour and then whisking in broth or stock. Breakfast gravy is different though, usually a white sauce made with sausage drippings or similar. My favorite recipe is from Cook's Country magazine:

Cook 1.5 lbs crumbled pork sausage over medium heat until it's not pink anymore, about 8 mins. Sprinkle over a quarter cup flour, a tsp each dried sage and ground fennel, and 1.5 tsp pepper. Stir for a minute until the flour is absorbed, then slowly whisk in three cups of whole milk. Simmer five minutes, correct for salt, and serve on top of biscuits. Yum.

I can see all the Maxwell woman lined up behind bars, doing the Fosse Jazz hands, singing

Dust - Death - Click - Muffin - Leavenworth - Jesus

[emoji23]

Birthday post for Teri is up.

The descriptors:

[tab=30]Mom’s personality: Spunky, determined, sacrificial, loving, compassionate, disciplined

Spunky? Teri? :think:

Ok, I'm not the most athletic person in the world so it could just be me, but is hiking really *that* exciting? They talk abot hiking 14 ers at 4 am like it's Disney World. I don't get it.

I know they are fit but making the climb 36 hours after they get to colorado from ks seems pushing it. The times i failed to stay a night or so in Denver to acclimate and went straight to Breck i suffered when i jumped into normal activities. I have seen people who flew in vrom San Francisco sucking down oxygen in coffe shops just because the didn't gradually acclimate. Altitde sickness can hit peope who have made the trip many tes before and people of all ages. I hope they take precautions.

Anna was extremely lucky that bear didn't attack her. And Sarah was sad she didn't get a picture.....

These people have no common sense...

Mom’s personality: Spunky, determined, sacrificial, loving, compassionate, disciplined

Time to do some editing for Sarah:

Mom’s personality: dead behind the eyes and Stockholm Syndrome.

Anna was extremely lucky that bear didn't attack her. And Sarah was sad she didn't get a picture.....

These people have no common sense...

The bear didn't care where it was going to when it dies.

The descriptors:

[tab=30]Mom’s personality: Spunky, determined, sacrificial, loving, compassionate, disciplined

Seriously.

The descriptors:

Hey, don't knock it too much. That's a new adjective for the Maxwells.

Seriously.

What I found even weirder was Steve's last birthday post when he was described as "gentle", "compassionate" and "thoughtful", especially the "compassionate" bit.

Forcing your wife to have more kids when she clearly can't cope with the ones she has, plus forcing her to homeschool them, is NOT compassionate AT ALL.

The descriptors:

Anybody remember that old Mary Tyler Moore episode? "I hate spunk!", (said by Mr. Grant).

Just wanted to add, Jesse has really beefed up recently. They show him so infrequently I almost wouldn't have recognized him, especially without his glasses.

The Maxwell kids likely have no idea what it means to be spunky. In their world, Terri could be seen as spunky as they have nothing to compare her to.

Outlander fans-

This reminds me of when Claire got a microscope and showed Jamie what she was looking at. His "spunk". She explained how babies were actually made. (Non readers, Jamie was her 18th century husband. He thought men sort of planted a seed into a woman, similarly to how you plant a tree. It was quite funny.)

The Maxwell kids likely have no idea what it means to be spunky. In their world, Terri could be seen as spunky as they have nothing to compare her to.

In their world it is spunky to drink coffee without milk & sugar, or to eat cheese with paper still on.

Archived