IGNORED

Baby shower for Elissa + What Some Might Call a Vacation!

albanuadh_1

Well, Steve went and proved me wrong. He's leaving the married sons and their wives behind while going to Colorado. I am very surprised at that!

I wonder how much guilt the kids feel at keeping a secret from Terie.

Remember last year when John stayed behind at the cabin to work during a hike. And because he had taken his own truck we thought he might plan an escape? Well, it was a fun dream.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUYS!!! THERE'S GONNA BE A NEW MOODY BOOK! #excited #lolnope

Mom thought I was staging things for a Moody picture (yes, the next Moody book has been in full swing this summer).

Wonder what THIS one's gonna be called....

GUYS!!! THERE'S GONNA BE A NEW MOODY BOOK! #excited #lolnope

Wonder what THIS one's gonna be called....

Same Shit Different Day with the Moodys

. . .

He's free to come and go as he pleases? Must be nice being a male.

Never once has it ever been stated that one of the girls slipped off to the outer world for even a quick purchase by themselves. John has a truck so obviously he travels about on his own (even to another continent by himself), and little baby brother Jesse goes to the store by himself. Cannot the girls be trusted to persevere in their faith and go buy a jug of milk by themselves?

3398425-woman-prison-cell_custom-88bb74ec7ce2bbf3f26bbe57e996b9ffe4176566-s1100-c15_zpsk4zb0tes.jpg

Never once has it ever been stated that one of the girls slipped off to the outer world for even a quick purchase by themselves. John has a truck so obviously he travels about on his own (even to another continent by himself), and little baby brother Jesse goes to the store by himself. Cannot the girls be trusted to persevere in their faith and go buy a jug of milk by themselves?

3398425-woman-prison-cell_custom-88bb74ec7ce2bbf3f26bbe57e996b9ffe4176566-s1100-c15_zpsk4zb0tes.jpg

When I was reading through the Maxwell blog(like EVERY SINGLE entry.... :? ) there was a post about searching high and low for some fabric. I think they decided at the last minute to make matching dresses for the sisters-in-law for family photos. Anyway, once they found a store that had the fabric, Sarah said something like "Dad graciously offered to go pick up the fabric." I found myself wondering at the time "Why couldn't the girls go get it?" Of course it was portrayed as Steve being a servant to his family, but what it really meant was that he would not let the girls out of the house to make a simple purchase like fabric.

So, basically Steve would rather shop alone in Jo-Ann Fabric than allow his girls a little unsupervised time away from the compound. I'm surprised he didn't come home weeping at having been surrounded by women other than his wife.

We wanted to do something special for Mom’s 60th as well (Monday, the 17th). As the summer went on, none of our ideas compared to Colorado, but it looked unlikely that it would work out. Finally, Sunday, August 2nd, we felt the Lord’s leading to go.

OK, I few things....

1) Let's face it, there were three options that were thrown out: 1) CO, 2) Safari Park + The Throwing Rolls Restaurant, 3) Zoo.

2) I highly suspect that the Lord doesn't give two shits about where the Maxwells go on vacay.

3) Steve decided they would go to CO once he came to the conclusion there was time and funds to do so.

This picture took my mind directly to Velma Kelly and the Cell Block Tango...

I'm not suggesting anyone kill Stevehovah, but he had it coming doesn't seem entirely inappropriate. :? :lol:

Ah yes, the old "the Lord is leading us to do" whatever it is that Stevehovah wants to do. Because Steve has a pipeline to God or Steve IS God.

This was interesting to me:

The family who normally shipped for Titus 2 while we are away wasn’t available, and Anna Marie offered to ship for us

So shipping can now be done by one person, one person with small children. Hmmm. Sales are definitely down.

Back to the baby shower. I was really irked at Sarah for writing:

One of our sweet neighbors, who also came to Joseph and Elissa’s wedding, wanted to throw a baby shower for Elissa.

Mrs. K (the neighbor) and Mom planned the event and enjoyed working together. Anna and Mary helped with invitations, food, and decorating.

Sarah introduces the woman who held the shower in her home and did some of the planing as "a sweet neighbor." One sentence later she is begrudgingly given an initial: "Mrs. K (the neighbor.) On the Maxwell blog she is lucky to have been given an initial because other than the Maxwells nobody else-- including Elyssa's mom and sisters-- are given a name. Why do they do that? Why is it verboten in Maxwell land to identify people in photos?

A small snark: It apparently took Teri, Mrs. K, Anna, and Mary to pull off that elaborate party. I have been known to plan and execute an entire party by myself! Really! but in Maxwell land where the wimmin folk have nothing else to do except dust and make green smoothies this is unheard of.

Also, I am really, really tired of Sarah's shitty photographs where you can't make head or tails of what is going on or even tell who was at the party. Jesus. They have had this blog for how long? They still suck at it.

Ah yes, the old "the Lord is leading us to do" whatever it is that Stevehovah wants to do. Because Steve has a pipeline to God or Steve IS God.

This was interesting to me:

So shipping can now be done by one person, one person with small children. Hmmm. Sales are definitely down.

Back to the baby shower. I was really irked at Sarah for writing:

Sarah introduces the woman who held the shower in her home and did some of the planing as "a sweet neighbor." One sentence later she is begrudgingly given an initial: "Mrs. K (the neighbor.) On the Maxwell blog she is lucky to have been given an initial because other than the Maxwells nobody else-- including Elyssa's mom and sisters-- are given a name. Why do they do that? Why is it verboten in Maxwell land to identify people in photos?

A small snark: It apparently took Teri, Mrs. K, Anna, and Mary to pull off that elaborate party. I have been known to plan and execute an entire party by myself! Really! but in Maxwell land where the wimmin folk have nothing else to do except dust and make green smoothies this is unheard of.

Also, I am really, really tired of Sarah's shitty photographs where you can't make head or tails of what is going on or even tell who was at the party. Jesus. They have had this blog for how long? They still suck at it.

What's even more depressing is the fact that there are followers of the Tits2 blog, who happily join in with all the guessing games and go "y'all are such an inspiration!" etc.

The initial thing isn't just for photos, it's also how people are identified in the comments. You get comments from "Mrs P" or whoever. (OK, occasionally there are first names, but not always). I think Erika Shupe of Large Families on Purpose commented on a Maxwell post (she is a huge Maxwell supporter, loves to recommend their books, and is just as anal-retentive about scheduling as them) and she was listed as "Erika S".

I forgot the crayons.

You don't have to take many guesses to figure out which aunt gave this creative gift.

:roll: Where to start with this one. This is Sarah at her finest. Write a tortured sentence, add a crappy photo so we can't be sure as to what is going on, and make it into a fun! guessing! game! Whooo. So I'm going to guess Mary because she is the "arty" one. But why the hell Mary was giving an expectant mother a box of crayons, I cannot fathom. (At least I think it is crayons, I can't tell from the picture.) Is Elyssa supposed to draw scenes from the bible on the newborn's diapers? Crayon a mural in the the newborn's room? Do some crayon "stained glass project" for the window. Maybe she is supposed to give the crayons back to Mary so Mary can draw one of her famous cartoons. I give up.

I forgot the crayons.

:roll: Where to start with this one. This is Sarah at her finest. Write a tortured sentence, add a crappy photo so we can't be sure as to what is going on, and make it into a fun! guessing! game! Whooo. So I'm going to guess Mary because she is the "arty" one. But why the hell Mary was giving an expectant mother a box of crayons, I cannot fathom. (At least I think it is crayons, I can't tell from the picture.) Is Elyssa supposed to draw scenes from the bible on the newborn's diapers? Crayon a mural in the the newborn's room? Do some crayon "stained glass project" for the window. Maybe she is supposed to give the crayons back to Mary so Mary can draw one of her famous cartoons. I give up.

Maybe so the baby can use them when it grows up? But yeah, weird gift.

When Steve and Teri were out of town, did the chidults have someone stay with them..a married sibling or sibling in-law, Gigi?

This picture took my mind directly to Velma Kelly and the Cell Block Tango...

I'm not suggesting anyone kill Stevehovah, but he had it coming doesn't seem entirely inappropriate. :? :lol:[/quote

It was a murder but not a crime... Watch your back stevo

The Moodys Go On What Some Might Call A Vacation. You'll never guess where! :wink-kitty:

I predict the "extended" family meaning Nate, Chris, Joe and their families are going to "surprise" Teri and show up in CO on her birthday tomorrow.

Have the Moodys ever gone to Colorado? Do the Moodys have extended family other than the heathen grandparents?

I agree that the Nathan and Christopher's families are likely to surprise Terri in Colorado. I did wonder why they weren't going. It isn't as if they have jobs to keep them home. I understand why Elissa and whichever interchangeable maxwell she married, would not go. I see no go reason for the others to stay. Of Steve said go, they go.

Based on the title of the last book, I'm going to have to go with "More Exciting Times with the Moodys"

Sweet Days with the Moodys.

Seeing as sweet is like one of only 3 adjectives Poor Sarah knows.

Surprise,Sweet, Neat Fellowship with the Moody's

It's been 24 hours since the trip started and we have yet to see pictures of Anna smiling maniacally while holding a tray of apples at Costco. I hope they're okay.

I doubt the extended family is coming since Anna Marie has been put in charge of Titus2 shipping.

It's been 24 hours since the trip started and we have yet to see pictures of Anna smiling maniacally while holding a tray of apples at Costco. I hope they're okay.

I doubt the extended family is coming since Anna Marie has been put in charge of Titus2 shipping.

With sales dropping and fewer dog and pony shows as it is, how much shipping does NR Anna have to do?

My title ideas for Sarah are: The Moody's Get Rocky Mountain High or The Moody's Don't Do Ten Things In Denver and Still End Up Dead.

Archived