IGNORED

Baby shower for Elissa + What Some Might Call a Vacation!

albanuadh_1

They confirmed they are going to Colorado for Teri's 60th. They are also claiming it's a surprise. Please. There is absolutely nothing surprising about this.

daybreaking says:

August 14, 2015 at 8:24 am

Hmmm … maybe going to Colorado to celebrate Teri’s 60th birthday?

>>>>>>>>>>>

The correct answer is Yes, a surprise 60th birthday for Teri. We didn’t make the decision until a bit over a week ago.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted a non-snarky comment, guessing that they were having a triple celebration for Teri and Mary's birthdays, along with celebrating 30 years of homeschool.

So was I deleted for being too close to the mark, or for proposing far too many fun things than Steve would allow to be celebrated at one event?! :lol:

If you've posted a snarky comment there before with the same IP address, they could have you earmarked for automatic deletion. That's happened to me. No heathens allowed.

By the way, that granola they made looks to be the most bland and boring granola ever created.

That's granola? I thought it was bird seed. Or squirrel food to hand feed the squirrels.... :?

They confirmed they are going to Colorado for Teri's 60th. They are also claiming it's a surprise. Please. There is absolutely nothing surprising about this.

If it was truly a surprise, I really doubt Teri appreciates it. I'm sure she prefers to plan WAY ahead and have her preparations scheduled. She'd also want to know that everyone else is doing their jobs in preparation for such a big trip. I actually don't blame her, either. If I was told I was taking a trip for a milestone birthday, it would be nice if I could just pack a bag, get in the car and go. Add in Teri's anxiety, depression and need for scheduling...there's no way she enjoyed this "surprise" even if it was a little over a week in advance.

If it was truly a surprise, I really doubt Teri appreciates it. I'm sure she prefers to plan WAY ahead and have her preparations scheduled. She'd also want to know that everyone else is doing their jobs in preparation for such a big trip. I actually don't blame her, either. If I was told I was taking a trip for a milestone birthday, it would be nice if I could just pack a bag, get in the car and go. Add in Teri's anxiety, depression and need for scheduling...there's no way she enjoyed this "surprise" even if it was a little over a week in advance.

I just don't see how it was a surprise to her. They do it every. single. year.

This is seriously just another WTF Maxwells moment. I don't get why they can't do something different. Or at least, stop pretending they are doing something new and exciting when they are doing the same thing over and over again.

I just don't see how it was a surprise to her. They do it every. single. year.

This is seriously just another WTF Maxwells moment. I don't get why they can't do something different. Or at least, stop pretending they are doing something new and exciting when they are doing the same thing over and over again.

Maybe they meant it was a surprise for their readers... :lol: :lol: You know; because they are such a zany and unpredictable family.

"Guess what crazy thing we're doing now, y'all! COLORADO!! I know. I know. You never expected this, but we just love to fly by the seat of our pants."

Maybe they meant it was a surprise for their readers... :lol: :lol: You know; because they are such a zany and unpredictable family.

"Guess what crazy thing we're doing now, y'all! COLORADO!! I know. I know. You never expected this, but we just love to fly by the seat of our pants."

Yeah, they are so un-selfaware enough, that could very well be their thought process, LOL!

Yeah, they are so un-selfaware enough, that could very well be their thought process, LOL!

What is it about the Maxwells and Colorado?? I would say it's because it's close to Kansas, but they've gone further before.

And, if they haven't got Uriah anymore, how are they gonna get there, and where would they sleep? Somehow I don't see Stevehovah camping, and staying in a hotel would run the risk of mixing with ebil heathens,

Oh I agree with the Mary comment. Thought it was just me seeing it! A nice spa day would sort that out Steve. Mani pedi waxing bronzer. Now THAT. Would be a nice day out for your girls Steve! Ya hear?!

their lives are so sad. Just knowing that this isn't going to happen makes me sad for them.

The way I am reading it, the surprise is that they are throwing a surprise 60th party for Teri before they go to Colarado?

Maybe they planned it while Teri was infiltrating Mrs K's baby shower plans and writing a death devotion for Elissa? :lol:

My guesses as well. The Maxwells always make these "surprises" sound huge, like Sarah getting pregnant by their cute mail delivery guy, but it's _always_ something extremely bland. Yay, surprise cabinet dusting party at the elderly people's home! Cooking cardboard with Anna!! Taking the littles out to the boardwalk to watch newly poured concrete to dry!!!

All sounds so real. :lol: That granola = looks like shredded cardboard

HAven't they (or the Moodys) stopped at Lamberts (Home of the "Throwed Rolls)") on their safari park trips?

blog.titus2.com/2013/01/21/another-safari-visit/

Maybe they read the regional news and thought it was a good time to stop again, maybe miss a catch and file a lawsuit.

did the lady know what restaurant she was in?

I posted a non-snarky comment, guessing that they were having a triple celebration for Teri and Mary's birthdays, along with celebrating 30 years of homeschool.

So was I deleted for being too close to the mark, or for proposing far too many fun things than Steve would allow to be celebrated at one event?! :lol:

My comment was too about courtin' and it did not make it but someone else's did. Could not be an ISP thing as I was on a server I never used before at Maxhell.

I guess Mrs. D. Phillips won't be posting anymore :x

I bet the Maxhells were really pissed at Mrs K for taking liberties, and insisted on planning the afternoon down to 15-minute increments, in order to take back control. :lol:

3 games! That's more games than animal crackers. :o

maybe counting the time was one of their games, since it is their main hobby. :lol:

ah this picture.

post-10046-14452000642356_thumb.jpg

Tantric freedom (if that's even a thing). So close, so far away. The whole world and all it's doing is pointing at the kitchen sink. I think they really do get a thrill from denying themselves.

What is it about the Maxwells and Colorado?? I would say it's because it's close to Kansas, but they've gone further before.

And, if they haven't got Uriah anymore, how are they gonna get there, and where would they sleep? Somehow I don't see Stevehovah camping, and staying in a hotel would run the risk of mixing with ebil heathens,

I think they have rented a cabin most previous years, or maybe they have a timeshare or own a place. I know several people who own cabins / houses in Colorado. And, in non ski season, it is relatively easy to find lodging, and there are plenty of things to do beyond climbing the mountains that the Maxwell's climb, though that is an OK option.

As a Kansan, I will say I have gone on a ton of vacations to Colorado. If we fly, we can leave KCI and fly nonstop to Denver in just under 2 hours. We can drive KC to Vail in about 12 hours (as I recall). So, it can be relatively easy and there is a ton of variety in both the different towns /regions of the state and the recreational options.

That said, I've been working in the San Francisco area quite a bit the last few years, so instead of Colorado, we tack on a few days in wine country -- reading about the Maxwells made me want to go back to Colorado for a change of pace.

Maybe the surprise is that they didn't have this trip scheduled out two decades in advanced? Watch out, ya'll, the Maxwells are starting to be spontaneous!!

I think at this point they go to Colorado because it's familiar. They've got it all down to a routine; probably to the point that they know exactly what restaurant they will go to and on what night that dinner out will occur. They have probably found a spot that is rarely crowded so they don't have to deal with sinners. I'm sure at this point in his life, Steve would weep over his family if one of them said "You know....New Mexico might be a great place to visit."

I posted that it was Teri's 60th and it didn't go thru. Guess cuz I signed it Franklin and Ethel which means Steve does read here.

So so far this year, Teri has been surprised with a trip to the zoo after Mary graduated for all her dedicated years of homeschooling and not with a trip to CO for her bday?

Someone remind me what surprise Mary got for graduating. Or for that matter any type of surprise any of the chidults got?

It really is all about Steve and Teri isn't it?

[*]

So so far this year, Teri has been surprised with a trip to the zoo after Mary graduated for all her dedicated years of homeschooling and not with a trip to CO for her bday?

Someone remind me what surprise Mary got for graduating. Or for that matter any type of surprise any of the chidults got?

Exploring Europe for a few weeks with her travel writer latin boyfriend followed by lollapalooza and a road trip to meet up with the family in Colorado, driving her new convertible bug, instagraming all the sunsets along the way.

/Maxwell fanfic 2015

oh and camping with the family as a last summer retreat, swimming in lakes and catching fireflies for the kids, to wind down and before moving out and starting her uni years. :D

I'm sure as far as they are concerned it's their just reward for having suffered through homeschooling - they can guilt their children into doing everything for them.

Well Mary got a chocolate bar at the start of the year since she was only pretending to homeschool and didn't need any supplies. Basically the same as a trip, right?

So sad and so boring. God forbid they go somewhere and see something new. How fascinating can it be to hike the same mountains every damn year? It's too bad one of the girls can't get lost on one of their hikes.

ah this picture.

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

Tantric freedom (if that's even a thing). So close, so far away. The whole world and all it's doing is pointing at the kitchen sink. I think they really do get a thrill from denying themselves.

A picture of a phone's camera pointed at the kitchen sink? wtf?

A picture of a phone's camera pointed at the kitchen sink? wtf?

Well, at least it's not a picture of steaming tongs.....

Archived