IGNORED

Free Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Duggars bastically have nothing to do with the house with the curved pool then?

Yes--that's my opinion right now. Data over on the Duggar Real Estate thread seems to confirm it. (But it's understanding that DuggarWatch has another take on it upthread.)

I think all of this land grabbing goes back to what Boob said in one of the very early specials: He intends to build Duggarville.  They've learned that allowing their brood to wander away does not do good things for their brand, and having actual real estate out there that he allows his kids to live in builds strife.

He will begin building houses on the land, 19 of them.  They likely will all have two large "dorm" rooms like the TTH and a master with a nursery attached.  I wouldnt be shocked to see them connected to share a large kitchen or dining room but have private smaller kitchens.  Add in a church and they truly could be a tax exempt cult church. 

Sounds like the perfect polygamist compound. Anybody told the Williams family? That's pretty much their dream setup :pb_biggrin:

I'm not in the U.S. right now, so maybe you'll volunteer to do that. :my_smile:

:my_smile: indeed!

It's too bad the Duggars don't celebrate Halloween or we could have sent reconnaissance trick or treaters to the two residences!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this has been discussed in another thread somewhere and i missed it, but do you think that anna is going to appear in the jessa and jill specials? 

i've been thinking about this a lot recently, and today i noticed that anna was in a montage on sierra's instagram from what looked to be her baby shower (second picture in the top row), and i've seen speculation on here that the jessa/sierra BFFship could be a big plotline in the specials bc they've been together so often lately so i could see this event being filmed. anna was also seen at jessa's birthday dinner a day before the birth, another event that i figured would be filmed for the specials. 

i sort of figured they would make an effort to keep anna off-camera (and maybe they are...she doesn't seem to have been at the airport for the dillard send-off or at jessa's baby shower)...idk - i just wondered if anyone else had thoughts on this...

Is the Anna Renee Duggar Facebook page authentic?  If so, Anna has been very busy posting--trying to steal Jessa's thunder?  She's even been posting pics with Joshley.  Also, she lists her occupation as actor/director.  

okay, so now I suspect the FB page is bogus and apologize if I failed to discover that info elsewhere in the thread.

Are gender reveal parties a thing in the US, or just with fundies? They don't seem so popular in my home country (UK). I think they're quite silly, to be honest. Surely wait until after the baby is born for the gift grab?

Gender reveal parties are a thing (not sure if they're a "big" thing) in the US (at least they are here in the South), and they are pretty bad. At least you don't have to sit and watch someone open a million baby presents and go "awwwwww" like at baby showers, but sitting around waiting for someone to elaborately reveal something pink or blue is one boring way to spend an afternoon. I've been to a few and they've always been a "no presents, please" thing, but most people will bring something small anyway. I think they're on the down swing now, and the trend is now becoming to have a professional photo shoot with the couple out in nature either opening a big box releasing pink or blue balloons or opening a small box revealing either a tiny football jersey or tiny cheerleader outfit from the couple's college team, and posting the album on Facebook.

Gender reveal parties are a thing (not sure if they're a "big" thing) in the US (at least they are here in the South), and they are pretty bad. At least you don't have to sit and watch someone open a million baby presents and go "awwwwww" like at baby showers, but sitting around waiting for someone to elaborately reveal something pink or blue is one boring way to spend an afternoon. I've been to a few and they've always been a "no presents, please" thing, but most people will bring something small anyway. I think they're on the down swing now, and the trend is now becoming to have a professional photo shoot with the couple out in nature either opening a big box releasing pink or blue balloons or opening a small box revealing either a tiny football jersey or tiny cheerleader outfit from the couple's college team, and posting the album on Facebook.

I know that cheerleading is every inch a sport (and often more dangerous than many other sports), but this is making my inner feminist go "uuuuugggghhhhh stop with the rigid gender roles".

Are gender reveal parties a thing in the US, or just with fundies? They don't seem so popular in my home country (UK). I think they're quite silly, to be honest. Surely wait until after the baby is born for the gift grab?

I seem to hear about them a lot but no one I know has ever done one. As other people mentioned, it seems the "in" thing to do is a photoshoot now.

We didn't do anything. We called our parents/siblings when we found out. And then we posted it on Facebook. Just a regular status update. Nothing fancy.

I spy (with my deteriorating old eye) some big BUG-EYES behind the crockpot.

I always thought they were a fundie thing. I've never heard of anyone I know having a gender reveal party, and I'm in the midwest of the US. Most my friends are pretty progressive, so I feel like a gender-reveal party would be a weird thing to celebrate. 

They are a thing, but in the west not a big thing (or with my college friends).  We will get a cake to find out ourselves (but probably not post on facebook, just private photos for the baby book), but largely that is because I mentioned it as an option, as we like cake.  

Before I deleted my FB, I had several FB friends who did gender reveals. I've only been to one in person, and it pissed me off. Leading up to the party, it was billed as "mom's birthday party, plus baby gender reveal". They even flat out said that it was a surprise to them and the mom was all excited about finding out the gender on her birthday. Well, we went to the party. After the big reveal, I overheard the mom talking to someone about how they had actually found out earlier in the week and were lying about being surprised. I was pissed off. After that, I decided to never go to one again.

It also annoys me that people focus so much on the gender stereotypes, when really what they are celebrating is finding out which genitalia their offspring possess. 

So my beef with "gender reveal" parties might be seen as aggro progressive but they aren't revealing the fucking gender, they are revealing the SEX. No one knows the gender of that fetus until it is a cognizant, expressive, human being. 

So my beef with "gender reveal" parties might be seen as aggro progressive but they aren't revealing the fucking gender, they are revealing the SEX. No one knows the gender of that fetus until it is a cognizant, expressive, human being. 

While I agree with you, I have to point out that a child being raised in a fundy house will very quickly learn  how to hide it,  should their gender & sex not match.

As far as fundies are concerned gender & sex are the same thing and being a child in that environement who was different would be an extra horrific form of hell.

This really bothers me as well. I think it's a combination of fear around the word "sex" and then obsession with "ginder" roles.

Well, as far as the fundie crowd is concerned, you're a broodmare-in-training/freeloader-with-a-"ministry"-in-training the second the ultrasound tech tells mommy and daddy what's between your legs. I can't imagine being transgender in the fundie world. The only frame of reference I have is Leelah Alcorn, whose parents were fundie-lite, and, well, we know how that story ended (fuck Leelah Alcorn's parents, by the way).

I'm of the age group where most of my friends are becoming grandparents, not parents.  But so far, I have not heard about any of their grown kids having a gender reveal party.  I think most people still just tell friends and family (if they know ahead of time), without the need to make a big to-do about it.  And if I were invited to a gender reveal party, I would find myself unavailable on that date.

In a way a gender reveal is a more traditional thing, though not fundamentalist. To me it's about prizing children above all else, and the woman's role as mother of that child. Yay, you've done your duty of creating a(nother) precious child!

Lucky thing my BIL and SIL didn't  have a gender reveal party -or a baby shower - for their first, just quietly told family and friends it was a girl.  Also lucky they are the least organised new parents I know - they had bought one pair of pink socks, a car seat and put up the cot, and that was it.  Basically all they'd done was choose a name.

They got a big shock when the baby was born with unexpected boy bits.    Understandably it did take two days to choose a name for him!  Lucky the baby has a doting auntie who rushed out and bought boy clothes for him.  Three years later and pregnant with #2 they opted not to ask the sex and ended up with a baby girl, used the original name, and those pink socks!  Plus little pink outfits from various relatives which looked like they'd been stored for a while, lol :)

The aviation thread has Duggar Aviation flying into a Milwaukee airport today.  If Anna is visiting Josh, I hope she goes in looking and feeling great.  She is going to need it, whether she is going in as a submissive wife or as woman wanting her life back.

Anna is never going to get back the life she thought she had, because Josh is not the man she thought he was.  I'm also guessing that her time in DC, away from family, opened her eyes to a wider world.  How she deals with what must be tremendous inner turmoil will be interesting to watch play out.

Anna is never going to get back the life she thought she had, because Josh is not the man she thought he was.  I'm also guessing that her time in DC, away from family, opened her eyes to a wider world.  How she deals with what must be tremendous inner turmoil will be interesting to watch play out.

Yes Anna's life has just blown up. And my feeling is that although she continues to drink the kool-aid, she was sold a real bill of goods with Joshley. So I feel badly for her. I wish her the best, but in the midst of duggieland, who knows what that will look like. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived