IGNORED

smiles and trials

Cheetah

Previously reported that 18 -year-old Julia (bio daughter) is engaged and working in Guatemala  with children with special needs. Then reported that Rachel (oldest adopted daughter) has been married back in June but it doesn't look like any of the Reed family attended. And now they have all moved to Texas. Hopefully John still has that awesome job that is keeping everyone in food & clothes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/15/2016 at 9:29 PM, jegfile said:

Hopefully John still has that awesome job that is keeping everyone in food & clothes.

If they are living in the house mansion pictured on their web site, he's doing pretty damn good. 

On 9/15/2016 at 9:29 PM, jegfile said:

Then reported that Rachel (oldest adopted daughter) has been married back in June but it doesn't look like any of the Reed family attended.

I can't see that she said this about Rachel at all. What date did she post this?

Christine said in the comments of a post a good while ago that John works in Corporate for Starbucks, so yeah . . . pretty good. I imagine they were able to trade up to a lot more house in Texas coming from California. Good for them.  I sure wouldn't want that many kids, but they seem to have done an exceptional job raising their bio and adopted kids as a loving family that truly enjoys each other. I have followed them since their trip to get Dennis.

8 hours ago, Pastors Daughter said:

I can't see that she said this about Rachel at all. What date did she post this?

Christine said in the comments of a post a good while ago that John works in Corporate for Starbucks, so yeah . . . pretty good. I imagine they were able to trade up to a lot more house in Texas coming from California. Good for them.  I sure wouldn't want that many kids, but they seem to have done an exceptional job raising their bio and adopted kids as a loving family that truly enjoys each other. I have followed them since their trip to get Dennis.

Sorry,  I meant that I reported... from Rachel's Facebook page. Christine didn't mention it at all which I found very sad.

4 hours ago, jegfile said:

Sorry,  I meant that I reported... from Rachel's Facebook page. Christine didn't mention it at all which I found very sad.

Wow! Sad indeed. Must be a tough situation not to mention it. Thanks for catching that and telling us. To me as a blog follower, it is a happy ending in that regard, and I am glad I know at least that.

I'm gobsmacked that this family was determined to live somewhere in East Texas.   They didn't seem focused on services for their special needs kids, or medical centers, or a specific church, just that it be in East Texas and that there be a house that they wanted.

I live in Central Texas.  When I think East Texas and rural or semi rural, I think heat, humidity, snakes, mosquitoes, ticks and miscellaneous bug bites...for six months out of the year.  Oh, and the occasional tornado or hurricane, depending on the year.  If I could move anywhere with a giant family, it would not be a small city Somewhere in East Texas.  

So curious about what the husband does to support them.  

Is Christine originally from Dallas? She mentions meeting her mom and sister there. If so, I can understand her desire to go back to the area. All the towns she lists are within no more than 2 or 3 hours of DFW, but with so many special needs kids, yeah, I would not choose to live so far out because services could be accessed so much easier closer to the city. 

On 9/25/2016 at 11:53 AM, Howl said:

So curious about what the husband does to support them.  

John works in corporate for Starbucks. There is a corporate office for Starbucks in Dallas. I'm guessing he obviously doesn't have to drive in every day so can handle a longer commute. Interesting that Christine is spinning it as "we just wanted to move to the country" though it may well have started out that way and John was able to get transferred.

Very brief update about the fact that certain children have "moved on". As far as I can tell it breaks down like this:

In College: Adam & Caleb

Married and expecting first child: Rachel

Missions: Julia

Off being adults: Anna and Galina

I may be wrong because Galina was mentioned in the "moving post" and so she might be in college as well. I find it funny (not funny haha) that Annalyn (who for years was talked about as the 'bad one') has not "moved on" but has a boyfriend that meets with Christine's approval. Lots of pictures of them on the blog. I feel sorry for Anastasia and Sveta - I bet they are missing their siblings being around the same ages.

• 3 months later...

Archived