IGNORED

Commenting on fundie blogs

Hisey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't comment, but I do have a fundy Facebook profile that is friends with John Schrader, Esther, Lori Anderson (got admission into the "sooper sekrit" discussion chatroom) and various others. I don't comment using that profile, and I don't comment as my real profile, or on blogs. If I did though, I'd probably stick to being polite like most people have already said.

I don't comment, but I do have a fundy Facebook profile that is friends with John Schrader, Esther, Lori Anderson (got admission into the "sooper sekrit" discussion chatroom) and various others. I don't comment using that profile, and I don't comment as my real profile, or on blogs. If I did though, I'd probably stick to being polite like most people have already said.

what chatroom is this? can you tell me about it? omg

what chatroom is this? can you tell me about it? omg

Lori Alexander has a FB chat group she runs on FB. I had some mutual friends (eek!) from religious circles so I was in it ages ago, but only lasted a short while. The vitriol and judgement were more than I could take.

I have on RARE occasion agreed with Kelly Crawford and added a comment...I just commented now on LAF when I could not resist with their post about how much women have saved in birth control costs with the ACA. The thread was basically how those poor godly women have to pay for OTHERS lifestyle choices.

This was according to Colin Gunn, "filmmaker" of Wait Til It's Free and other such nonsense....I chimed that you cannot have it both ways, being pro-life and anti birth control. I also stated that the level of control they want over womens' personal health was scary. I do enjoy the great irony that is the Reins sisters being the editors of a site that promotes endless childbearing and marriage and neither one of them is married well into their late 30's.

Reins sisters?

Oh, my... Don't get me started on fundies thinking that classical music is somehow more godly than other forms of music.

Sure, classical instrumental music may not have lyrics you have to shield your children from, but a study of the musician's lives will leave any homeschool fundie mom :pink-shock: Wanna talk about drunkeness? Debauchery? STDs? Inspiration from mythology and the occult?

Even some of the hymn writers' lives were less than stellar. The composer and author of "It Is Well With My Soul" ended up delusional at the end of his life.

Yes, yes, and yes to the above.

I was a music minor in college and believe me taking the History of Music classes were quite eye opening. And at the time, I worked with a manager who was a newly converted fundie. Once he learned I was studying music he started going on about how disco music (then the big thing) was evil because of it's "seductive" beat and classical was all right and proper. He was taken aback when I a) told him from a musical perspective I did not find disco all that seductive and b) I enlightened him a bit about some of the racy stuff in classical music. I used the Dance of the Seven Veils from the opera Salome as my example though I didn't elaborate on what Salome was after (hint: head of the prophet :shock: ) which is the more shocking scene in the opera. Also a lot of early church music had it's roots in secular music and some of it was um, very secular.

I loved watching his brain explode. I like doing that sometimes. :twisted:

I've only felt uncontrollably compelled to comment one time each on two blogs: Tits2 when Anna gave her "why I'm not going to college" speech, and Erika's *gag* when she listed her summer schedule last year and commented that her oldest two daughters would not be able to control their own schedules until they were 18, and they currently needed time discipline to keep their minds and actions around their key goal: serving the family.

I guess I just can't stand to see the crush of any human potential, but especially teenaged girls. While I didn't grow up fundie, I grew up poor, and there was an unspoken acceptance on the part of my parents that I would graduate high school and get a job at the local Chevy plant, as my brother did. I had other ideas, and worked hard to make a new reality for myself. While they lent no assistance, and were actually quite demotivating, at least my parents didn't flat-out stop me from going a different route.

I cannot sit idly by while these fundie parents, themselves well educated, do everything in their power to prevent their daughters from having the same opportunities. I wish I could...but I can't.

I cannot sit idly by while these fundie parents, themselves well educated, do everything in their power to prevent their daughters from having the same opportunities. I wish I could...but I can't.

This is one reason why I stay away from fundie blogs. I cannot stand to read how many fundie parents deny their children, especially daughters in particular, decent education. And the likes of College Minus and Crown College is not allowing them decent education I don't care how many fundie parents claim it's going to college. It's not.

Archived