IGNORED

Father's Day for Duggar Dads

DuggarWatch

why is it everything jessas posts seems like preaching

Happy Father's Day to the best dad ever! You're such an awesome example of what a man should be -- seeking after God, lover of your wife, caring and affectionate towards your kids, & always looking for ways to serve God and have fun as a family! So blessed to have you as my Daddy! Ben and I can't wait for our baby to meet you! You're such an awesome grandpa too!

Is it just me or does anyone else find derick really creepy?

Is it the smile? I've been finding his smile really weird. But after looking up the surgery they did on him, I'm not surprised. Hopefully it looks better after everything finds its new place.

why is it everything jessas posts seems like preaching

That sounds like Michelle texted it to her for her to post lol. Has she always referred to Jim Bob as Daddy?

That sounds like Michelle texted it to her for her to post lol. Has she always referred to Jim Bob as Daddy?

Yes and it's odd.

Jilly Muffin has always called him Daddy as well.

Jessa on the other hand calls him Dad. (I confess I love her southern drawl!)

Edited for riffles.

I saw Jill call Jim Bob "Pops" once during the Nepal special where she flew in to meet Derick. I think Jessa might have also called Jim Bob by that name, too, during the wedding special.

Maybe the Duggar kids alternate between the two.

I don't think I've ever heard Michelle called by any sort of affectionate nickname by any of her children on the show. Jim bob has often called Michelle "Momma," but I think the kids have always called her mom.

What is up with all the "Daddys" and "Pops"? Up until the past month, I have only ever heard any call him "DAD".

The FD videos were painfully scripted, and even Jana (who I am a fan of) looked like, "Line, please..."

What is up with all the "Daddys" and "Pops"? Up until the past month, I have only ever heard any call him "DAD".

The FD videos were painfully scripted, and even Jana (who I am a fan of) looked like, "Line, please..."

I didn't see the one for Jana. is there a link to all of them somewhere?

The children do call Michelle 'Momma' with a fair frequency, though 'Daddy' seems to be used more often. And I know this is a double standard, but while it doesn't bother me when the girls continue to call their father 'Daddy', it's starting to get weird with the teenage boys. I don't understand it in either case but I guess considering their strict gender roles, I find it more expected with the girls while being very surprising with the boys. Hearing Jed call his father 'Daddy' is strange to me, you'd think he would be hearing 'man up' by now from his brothers and family friends. I think kids of that age should be out of the simpering-toward-parent stage, which is how it always strikes me when I hear it from the Duggars. (For the record, I've heard adults refer to their parents by affectionate names like that where it DIDN'T sound weird or simpering, but not so with the Duggars. Joy is the only one I've heard use 'momma' and 'daddy' and not sound like she's angling for something.)

Archived