IGNORED

The crew

DGayle

I remember in that recent "we love the crew" episode. Scott Enlow says he's so close to the family he's seen JB&M discipline the kids. Since we now know for certain (thanks to the police report) that discipline = the rod, I wonder if he was ok with it, how he wasn't outraged?

Scott is the same clown who giggled when he was asked why he filmed Josie's very messy accident. Sure she might be embarrassed in a few years, "but why wouldn't I film it"?

Um, because a child with known digestive issues having an accident isn't funny and it certainly isn't noteworthy enough to risk her future embarrassment.

Aside from catching a kid or two falling from a chandelier, the crew didn't do anything to help these kids. They were just a cog in the exploitation machine that was known as 19 Kids.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the crew does know things and if there will be an expose from them.

I am sure they have signed non-disclosure contracts and would be sued for any tell-all revelations. The crew is also paid to "keep sweet".

The crew is there to do a job. If you are the camera man or sound person, you start when told to start and stop when told to stop. You don't get to decide what to film and what not. It's not their job to decide what will ultimately be shown. That is up to the editors. It's not their job to try and change the people they are filming. TLC wants to make money and this is what they expect from their employees. Want to get fired? Don't do what you are being paid to do. We all do things at work we think is a bad idea, even if legally fine. We do it because we like to be able to pay our bills. The crew is no different. Plus, I highly doubt that anything was filmed that was illegal. The Duggar parents are idiots but I doubt they are dumb enough to be doing something like beating their child with a rod on camera.

I am sure they have signed non-disclosure contracts and would be sued for any tell-all revelations. The crew is also paid to "keep sweet".

I concur, those things are typically covered in their contracts.

The crew is there to do a job. If you are the camera man or sound person, you start when told to start and stop when told to stop. You don't get to decide what to film and what not. It's not their job to decide what will ultimately be shown. That is up to the editors. It's not their job to try and change the people they are filming. TLC wants to make money and this is what they expect from their employees. Want to get fired? Don't do what you are being paid to do. We all do things at work we think is a bad idea, even if legally fine. We do it because we like to be able to pay our bills. The crew is no different. Plus, I highly doubt that anything was filmed that was illegal. The Duggar parents are idiots but I doubt they are dumb enough to be doing something like beating their child with a rod on camera.

No matter what the camera crews film, it is on the editing team to put together the most memorable bits.

I watched that episode too, and frankly Scott Enlow came across as a complete asshole. He doesn't seem to have a lot of empathy, and I really would not be surprised if he didn't care how the Duggars disciplined their kids, as long as the rest of the time he was getting whatever footage he was after.

I watched that episode too, and frankly Scott Enlow came across as a complete asshole.

He came off the same way in the China trip episode when his wife gave birth. I have him a pass since that was an undisputed scary situation. But after this, it's confirms he's just an ass.

Yeah, makes sense. What if they see something illegal though? Dilemma. I suppose you could report to CPS anonymously.

Yeah, makes sense. What if they see something illegal though? Dilemma. I suppose you could report to CPS anonymously.

I'm pretty sure non disclosure agreements don't count for child abuse, whether or not you're a mandated reporter.

Wasn't TLC crews there when JimBob caught one of the boys masturbating and not only berated him in front of everyone but then tied his hands together for the entire next day while he was forced to clean?

No way the crew missed everything, here or the Gosselins. Kate's televised behavior is questionable. I'm sure TLC has seen and even recorded abuse. Standing by while the parents do that only reinforces to the children that the behavior is ok, no one is going to help the. I hope they pay someday for their part in it.

I read somewhere TLC crew has walked off because of abuse. I don't know what shows they mean in particular.

According to this article, the crew was filing when the masturbation thing happened. They ran to where they heard Boob screaming. Obviously, the footage never aired and they don't say who it was..

http://thedailybanter.com/2015/05/jim-b ... ins-a-lot/

I read somewhere TLC crew has walked off because of abuse. I don't know what shows they mean in particular.

According to this article, the crew was filing when the masturbation thing happened. They ran to where they heard Boob screaming. Obviously, the footage never aired and they don't say who it was..

This could be another quirky internet rumour, but with this family I don't think I can be shocked by what happens anymore!

I read the comments under the story and about died laughing at the Kirk Cameron and the banana YouTube reference video.

Can you imagine how much money a crew person would make if they saw serious bullshit go down, and sold their story?

It would have to be a pretty big story for them to blab. I'm 99.9% sure each crew member was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I had to sign one once for a television show and I basically had to not blab anything or they could sue me for $10 million. That's how they keep things like the winners of Survivor, et al a secret. So depending on the amount in the NDA it probably wouldn't be worth it to sell their story unless they were offered ALOT. I do, however, recall that there was a time limit (10 years?) after which I could talk so maybe in a few years we'll hear more. :)

I wonder just how much time the crew was actually at the house. It feels to me like they were there for short bits of time and mostly scripted situations. I think it is entirely possible that the crew did not witness much bad stuff because I image the kids were all told to be on their best behavior on film days.

Who knows, Maybe the crew has seen a lot. While they may have non-disclosure agreements, there are sneaky ways to get that info out there if they really wanted to. They could post anonymously on any number of websites about being the cousin or a crew member and then tell a story.

I agree about Scott Enlow. I thought he was a real prick when made that comment about filming poor Josie like that. It was very inapprropriate to film that not to mention gross.

When Enlow made that comment, he sounded smug. It made me wonder if he personally doesn't much like Josie and enjoyed having something humiliating to show about her. His judgment to show that, is exactly why little kids should not be on reality shows, and if they are going to be, then there should be very specific things that are not allowed, such as filming them on the potty, throwing up, etc. Somethings should just be kept private.

I agree about Enlow. I find it fascinating that an episode that HE produced and that was basically about HIM (with a few others thrown in) made him look like such a douche! I think it says a lot about the way he views himself... or is unable to realistically view himself. I'm sure he thinks he came off looking awesome.

I wonder just how much time the crew was actually at the house. It feels to me like they were there for short bits of time and mostly scripted situations. I think it is entirely possible that the crew did not witness much bad stuff because I image the kids were all told to be on their best behavior on film days.

Who knows, Maybe the crew has seen a lot. While they may have non-disclosure agreements, there are sneaky ways to get that info out there if they really wanted to. They could post anonymously on any number of websites about being the cousin or a crew member and then tell a story.

I agree about Scott Enlow. I thought he was a real prick when made that comment about filming poor Josie like that. It was very inapprropriate to film that not to mention gross.

When Enlow made that comment, he sounded smug. It made me wonder if he personally doesn't much like Josie and enjoyed having something humiliating to show about her. His judgment to show that, is exactly why little kids should not be on reality shows, and if they are going to be, then there should be very specific things that are not allowed, such as filming them on the potty, throwing up, etc. Somethings should just be kept private.

I don't see the crew slipping info out. What would be the upside for them? Downside lawsuits and ruining their careers bc it would be known that they were chatty cathies.

As for filming Josie. Seems like it's being looked at from a sensitive female angle (sorry, I normally don't pull the ladies sensitivivity card). I don't think he was trying to humiliate future Josie. I think he was just a guy that thought it was funny. Was it tacky? Yes. But how often are guys accused of being tasteless.

I think one of the things that pisses me off so much about the Duggars is when people try to put a bigger onus for protecting the minor children (and even some of the adults) on the outside world VS on JB and Michelle. The biggest, strongest and most protective advocates for all of those kids should be JB and M + the spouses for the married folks.

Their family being different from most does not come with a huge pass for responsible behaviors and roles. If JB is the headship, as he's publicly claimed for the last 12 years, he needs to step up at all times and intercede on behalf of the family. JB seems only to want the glory and little of the hard responsibilities or consequences.

So, while Scott made a bad decision, ultimately, JB and M made even poorer choices.

And while the media might have may made a less than sensitive call when they exposed the redacted police report, JB and M made a worse decision in how they handled the entire incident, right from the start. Moreso, by putting the girls out to flail in front of the world.

I think one of the things that pisses me off so much about the Duggars is when people try to put a bigger onus for protecting the minor children (and even some of the adults) on the outside world VS on JB and Michelle. The biggest, strongest and most protective advocates for all of those kids should be JB and M + the spouses for the married folks.

Their family being different from most does not come with a huge pass for responsible behaviors and roles. If JB is the headship, as he's publicly claimed for the last 12 years, he needs to step up at all times and intercede on behalf of the family. JB seems only to want the glory and little of the hard responsibilities or consequences.

So, while Scott made a bad decision, ultimately, JB and M made even poorer choices.

And while the media might have may made a less than sensitive call when they exposed the redacted police report, JB and M made a worse decision in how they handled the entire incident, right from the start. Moreso, by putting the girls out to flail in front of the world.

JB has spent his whole career putting his self interest first while not considering his kids-- especially daughters-- interests, protection, future, so why would he change course start now?

JB has spent his whole career putting his self interest first while not considering his kids-- especially daughters-- interests, protection, future, so why would he change course start now?

I understand, and that is why people need to stop placing the blame on others' behaviors when it comes to this family. The media did not exposed the family. JB rolled the dice and placed money and fame ahead of integrity and possible familial shame and ridicule.

Josie being filmed with poop running down her leg is on Scott. Josie being filmed with poop running down her leg and having that footage aired time and again, that's on Jim Bob.

Wasn't TLC crews there when JimBob caught one of the boys masturbating and not only berated him in front of everyone but then tied his hands together for the entire next day while he was forced to clean?

No way the crew missed everything, here or the Gosselins. Kate's televised behavior is questionable. I'm sure TLC has seen and even recorded abuse. Standing by while the parents do that only reinforces to the children that the behavior is ok, no one is going to help the. I hope they pay someday for their part in it.

.... I've never heard this story. Where did it come from and was it a reliable source?

If I witnessed abuse, fuck non-disclosure agreement. I would report it to the authorities. I wouldn't try to profit from it.

ETA: Count me as one of those who believe that the camera crew and TLC knew what happened, and may have witnessed abuse while filming. TLC doesn't have a good track record.

.... I've never heard this story. Where did it come from and was it a reliable source?

Found on Gawker, so it's unverified. But then again, so was Alice's blog post. So I think the general consensus is that while none of us would put this past JB, don't necessarily treat it as definite fact.

Also, I'm in the fuck the NDA camp. I'm pretty sure those don't apply to child abuse, and if they tried to sue you, most reasonable judges would throw the suit right out.

Edited for brain fart.

Archived