IGNORED

The crew

DGayle

I wonder what the crew is thinking. I doubt they all knew, and might be all of them didn't know. I'm sure at least some of them might not have approved of what the Duggars were doing, but still felt protective of some of the littles, like some of us here. This has got to be hard for them too. Not only out of a job, but separated from kids they might have loved just from their frequent interaction.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the first couple of episodes of that new TLC show about 'The WIllis Clan' (a Tenessee based singing/dancing homeschool family with 12 kids who's names all start with J...) and really, it's not worth your time. Talk about unoriginal. However, I did recognise the voice of the interviewer. Whichever guy it was, he worked for the Duggars for the whole time as far as I can tell. So at least he has definitely had a job swap.

I am sure they will be put on other production crews.

The crew played a role in the deception by filming around this cult's religion extremes and political hate actions toward LGBT.

I was especially annoyed with them when they would ask softball questions during the interview segments and act like they were part of the family. They should have known better. They worked hard to show a fake mainstream large Christian family. They failed.

I think there is a difference between what the crew knew or didn't know vs. what the producers, editors, etc knew. As far as we know the crew filmed much more than what we saw, but it is the Director, Editor, Producer who cut the footage and edited it to show a nice happy, quirky but harmless religious family.

I just don't think we need to be blaming Jim the sound guy for this mess. Now the Husband/wife producer? Maybe they played a role in burying the truth, and slanting the content of the show.

Rumor had it that Michelle got a member of the crew fired because he was gay and she didn't want him around the children. (Yeah, Michelle, it's good to keep child molesters out of the house.) Kind of ironic now, isn't it. :nenner:

I know the crew and the Duggars had a love fest for each other in that recent behind the scenes episode, but I found it telling that they had never before met Courtney and Scott Enlow's daughter before the scripted visit.

She's the baby who was born in China with assistance from Jana and Jill and they've been primary crew members for 11 years. When were they in China, about three years ago?

Yeah, lots of love there.

I don't feel bad for the crew. On one hand, they must have seen something if they were filming the family so closely. I remember Cynthia Jeub tweeting when the story broke that she had worked with producers and camera crews that would look the other way, and if the Gawker defamer story about the boy caught for has any truth to it, maybe they have been all this time. I guess on one hand, maybe the camera crew didn't know if it was bad enough to be actually be worth reporting and have the end result be well for the kids, but I feel that they could have always refused to film them if the conditions in the home really did bother them that much.

I was also annoyed at the crew asking the family softball questions, but then again, if they had asked the kids hard questions, I think a lot of them would have probably been confused and given a bad answer. After all, seeing some of their opinions/arguments about things like abortion, evolution, etc. on social media (this applies to everyone but I'm particularly applying this to Jessa) it's rather clear that the SOTDRT didn't teach them how to debate/argue their points since they use arguments that have been defeated several times over, an indication that until fairly recently they have had no real exposure whatsoever to anyone whose views significantly differed from theirs.

I know the crew and the Duggars had a love fest for each other in that recent behind the scenes episode, but I found it telling that they had never before met Courtney and Scott Enlow's daughter before the scripted visit.

She's the baby who was born in China with assistance from Jana and Jill and they've been primary crew members for 11 years. When were they in China, about three years ago?

Yeah, lots of love there.

I can imagine how scary it was to give birth that far away from home, but being that far along they should have known the risks. I didn't get a very friendly vibe from the Enlow's at all. They seemed rather entitled. Even more so that the Duggars.

Well the crew isn't really out of a job, I'm sure they'll get placed somewhere else. I'm sure they knew what was going on. No way they didn't see or hear something. The duggars are arrogant and ignorant. The crew probably didn't intervene if they didn't have to.

I was watching an old episode of Gosselins and saw Jim as the boom guy so I think they all get moved around. Ive worked for alot of big companies that downsized in the 2000s, and we always absorbed most of the employees from the retail locations to other locations. Hopefully TLC will do the same.

I wonder what the crew is thinking. I doubt they all knew, and might be all of them didn't know. I'm sure at least some of them might not have approved of what the Duggars were doing, but still felt protective of some of the littles, like some of us here. This has got to be hard for them too. Not only out of a job, but separated from kids they might have loved just from their frequent interaction.

I'm sure some of them were blindsided bt the ordeal, but they knew what was happening in that house. If they had a moral issue with it, they could have found new jobs. No one forced their hand in any of this. If they felt like they had to protect these kids from something, someone should have stood up and reported it.

Also, I'm sure they'll get assigned to other projects. If not, that's the cost of show biz. I have very little sympathy for the crew. I'm sure they have some emotions over finding out about Josh because I doubt they all knew about it, but I don't feel sorry for them for being there every single day and pretending it's all sunshine and smiles.

I highly doubt the crew knew - I guess the Duggars are experts in playing sweet and adorable and harmony. I grew up in similar fake friendliness and fake wholesame family values... no one knew.

They will have kept these issues private - and do not forget the crew was not with them for whole weeks, just single filming days...

Uncle Jim will be fine - and I hope these poor guys will not be accused for doing their jobs.

The editors are to blame, people who planed the th..

As far as I know, the crew only filmed a couple of days per month at TTH, right? It's entirely possible that they DIDNT see anything too out of the ordinary - I have no trouble believing that JimBob and Michelle are perfectly capable of terrorising the children into 'best' behaviour for that couple of days.

What we need are hidden cameras on the days the crew were NOT filming.....

:o :o :o

I think there is a difference between what the crew knew or didn't know vs. what the producers, editors, etc knew. As far as we know the crew filmed much more than what we saw, but it is the Director, Editor, Producer who cut the footage and edited it to show a nice happy, quirky but harmless religious family.

I just don't think we need to be blaming Jim the sound guy for this mess. Now the Husband/wife producer? Maybe they played a role in burying the truth, and slanting the content of the show.

Jim the sound guy kept telling us that the Duggars were the real deal......he should have turned his mike off and kept his mouth shut.

He probably knew the diggar's did stuff he didn't agree with, but I can't imagine anyone knew anything too terrible, or about the molestations.

From what I understand none of the crew lives local. They fly/drive in when filming happens and stay in hotels. I remember following Rotan's instagram and it would show him flying into NWA to film for a few days and in between flying he would be working on other projects. It seems like a lot of the crew has been shuffled from show to show on TLC.

As for the Duggar's never meeting the daughter of the crew member that Jill "helped" deliver, if they don't live local maybe they didn't want their infant flying on a plane. I only traveled on a airplane once with my daughter before she turned 2 and that was for a family wedding cross country. I don't know many people like the Duggar's or David and Priscillia that take a 2 week old on a plane.

I was under the impression that the crew only spent time with the Duggars when they were actually filming at TTH or other locations, so there's a lot of stuff they didn't see because the family was performing for the cameras due to pressure from the sperm donor and incubator to be on their "best behavior" for those few days.

The crew doesn't film 24/7. Much of what is shown on TV is from the same short time period. They aren't even there every day. How hard would it be to tell the family to play nice for the few days a month the film crew is there? To hide their bullshit? Can you imagine how much money a crew person would make if they saw serious bullshit go down, and sold their story? No way the Duggars would let enough be seen. I'm sure that, if they were doing their bad stuff around the crew, someone would have spoken, even if anonymously on a forum somewhere.

So I don't think the crew is all in on it, and if they saw some mildly concerning things, what could they do about it? If I had a penis and so was allowed on the crew, I might stay in my position just so I could keep an eye out for something bad enough to get CPS to take action. I don't think the crew is complicit just for being there a few days a month. We don't know if their motivation is support for the family's beliefs, out of concerned watch for the littles, or to put food on their own families' tables.

If there are any crew people I'm suspicious of, it's the crew from the earlier specials, before the Duggars were savvy enough to order their kids about what not to say. But even then, Gothard's followers are basically schooled in how to look pleasant to the outside world.

I remember in that recent "we love the crew" episode. Scott Enlow says he's so close to the family he's seen JB&M discipline the kids. Since we now know for certain (thanks to the police report) that discipline = the rod, I wonder if he was ok with it, how he wasn't outraged?

I remember in that recent "we love the crew" episode. Scott Enlow says he's so close to the family he's seen JB&M discipline the kids. Since we now know for certain (thanks to the police report) that discipline = the rod, I wonder if he was ok with it, how he wasn't outraged?

I watched that episode and do not remember him saying that. Could you provide a time stamp of the youtube video? (That episode is on youtube.)

I watched that episode and do not remember him saying that. Could you provide a time stamp of the youtube video? (That episode is on youtube.)

Right on top of that, Rose.

I have it on Amazon and just rewatched the episode (DH and kid had to suffer through it with me)...it is at the 38:38 mark.

Rumor had it that Michelle got a member of the crew fired because he was gay and she didn't want him around the children. (Yeah, Michelle, it's good to keep child molesters out of the house.) Kind of ironic now, isn't it. :nenner:

Michelle in her baby voice," but that's just common sense". No, that doesn't make sense, but that is extremely common.

I highly doubt the crew knew - I guess the Duggars are experts in playing sweet and adorable and harmony. I grew up in similar fake friendliness and fake wholesame family values... no one knew.

They will have kept these issues private - and do not forget the crew was not with them for whole weeks, just single filming days...

Uncle Jim will be fine - and I hope these poor guys will not be accused for doing their jobs.

The editors are to blame, people who planed the th..

I can't believe they hadn't heard the rumors. They may, however, have been satisfied that bad as it was it was "back then" and that Josh had grown up. I've been away for a week, but I don't believe anything has been said about any other boy doing this sort of thing. IT certainly DOES explain Joshie getting married and out of there. Jim had his daughters on the set--they were filmed with the Duggars. If he thought anything more was going on I doubt they'd have been there. Plus his girls were way more sophisticated and would certainly have put Joshie in his place [or anyone else].

As to softball questions--did you really expect 60 Minutes on TLC?

Archived