IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 4

happy atheist

Hahaha, I'm hate-following Huckabee, Scott Walker, and Rick Santorum now, so I totally get it.

Also the leg humpers are his Instagram followers, and are also apologists.

I'm a bit surprised the number has gone up, but not surprised he hasn't lost many followers. Instagram leg humpers were vigorously doing their thing in the comments. Blood pressure patients shouldn't be allowed in the Duggar Instagram comments section right now.

Edited for a typo.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Long time lurker, first time poster...

A really sick thought came into my head when reading the last thread...and I really hope this doesn't come across as anything other than sympathy and disgust at the way this was handled. This is not meant to be disparaging...

So I take it that FJ has concluded based on the police reports, the old posts from back in 2007 and other things, that Jana was the one untouched.

What if her current circumstances (mainly, being unmarried and not having any relationship that I know of) are in part - and I don't mean this as the ONLY reason, and this is just based on how we know M&JB handled the situation - that she has low self-esteem because she was the only one who wasn't a target??

What if she somehow has turned that into "I am not desirable" or something???

Just typing that out made my stomach do a couple of flips...it would be sooooo awful if that is even a thought in her head. But based on what we know how this family treats attraction to the opposite sex, I just can't deny that it was something that could have happened.

Am I way off base here?

I had that thought too, but I think it's more likely that it's a "survivor's guilt" type of situation. In any case, it explains why she is so protective over the other kids. And she always seems so incredibly sad. :cry:

Long-time lurking new member here. I've read here for ages and always had a feeling something would eventually happen to bring the JB and M into true light.

I am very concerned about Josh..there is an aura surrounding him that disturbs me. I happened across the article below which illustrates my feelings about him. Believe he needs real help. His mindset about certain things is way out of line and I blame his parents. And it makes me livid that his sisters were held captive and forced to be a slave to him after what he did to them.

Jana and John David were chaperoning a date between Josh and then-fiancee Anna, and Josh joked, 'Why not have a double date?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -show.html

I agree. Josh lacks the coping skills necessary to get through this and live an ordinary life, especially as the family dynamics will most likely stay the same.

This whole thing is just so tragic. Those poor kids didn't get the help they by needed, with the appropriate therapy--Josh included.

I hope the new in-laws (crosssing my fingers for the Dillards) can help the older girls get any help they may need to get through their past abuse being made public.

I haven't really watched the show since Jill's wedding. Episodes are still on demand, as many have stated, but I don't know if I can bring myself to watch it.

I'm wondering what Marjorie's family is doing right now. Perhaps they're rethinking if they want all this attention and how to handle it. As far as I know no one has made a statement.

Hi, also a long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you, thank you for this page. When i saw the duggars were trending I came straight here. I knew you all would get it right. and it has taken me until just now to catch up. Sorry this is so long. I have shortened it all i could.

I agree that reaching out to the girls would probably hurt them more. This is why. My husband's first wife came from Fundies, loosely associated with the church Timothy Mcveigh belonged to. Different church, same small town fundie community. My husband married her the day she turned 18, secretly away from the family. He was the devil from that day on.

For four years during which time my husband and his ex had a son, her family tried to pull her back home. My husband and ex even moved several hours away to get away from them. Then one day my husband came home from nursing school and the whole house was empty. An immediate and very long custody battle ensued once his ex made it clear that she would not come back.

For the next 8 years my stepson was systematically abused. He was told his father was satan's minion and he was the spawn of satan's minion. I could go on but suffice it to say he suffered scarring abuse everyday. The only reason he was not beat, i believe is the ongoing custody battle.) In time he, like his mom before him began to rebel. One day, out of the blue, when he was 12 they dropped him off at my husbands house and said he's yours, we want nothing to do with him. Thank god.

Let me tell you something, the first thing my husband did was get him into therapy. He went to a therapist for years, and it all came out slowly. He never really got over it. When he was an adult even, he suffered severe depression. Any praise made him so uncomfortable. If you did praise him he would smile and say thank you but he would cast his eyes down and just get away as soon as he could. The only time he was truly happy was when he was working. A mans job and all that....He turned to Drugs and alcohol a lot.

When he was 26 he had a drug relapse. He stole some money from us and came to confess. That was big with him, whenever he messed up he always came straight to us to "confess". We had a fight. I had to go to work. My husband took me to work and came home to continue the conversation having cooled down. He found him then, single shotgun wound to the head. We will never be the same.

I share this because I blame his grandparents. That shotgun did not kill my beautiful stepson, those people did. I do also blame his mother but i also know how broken she is, she was cast out of the family eventually too and is in and out of psych hospitals and on so many psych meds she doesn't even know her name half the time. Yes, she allowed it, but they broke her first and then they broke him. and I think its like that for Josh and the duggars.

I am not excusing josh, y'all had me at 4 YEARS OLD. I blame him, yes i do. What he did makes me want to throw up. He is responsible for what he did. But the Duggars, i am borderline rageful at them....They were the indoctrinators....they set this stage and then they handled it as badly as anyone could have. and then they go on tv and look down their lilly white noses at all the sinners....THAT MAKES ME SICK!

Also, as far as writing the girls....i know my son would have been mortified if his past went public in such a spectacular way. it would have increased the shame because he believed always, no matter what any of us said that he was to blame, that he was somehow not good enough. He hid it well, he liked to make the world smile but those of us that really knew him, knew the sadness behind that smile. I think he would have been beyond mortified if strangers started filling up his inbox with support, he would have viewed it as pity and been very uncomfortable with that.

My prayers are with those girls. I can't imagine what they must be going through right now. To have what they view as their private shame be blowing up on the internet. It breaks my heart, all of it, what happened, that its so public now...all of it.

If your on facebook the account they refer to Duggar Family News: Life is not all pickles and hairspray has viewpoints on the recent duggar development.

Thank you for your post Athenasgarden, it is so eye opening to hear of a first hand account of someone who knows the inner workings of these cult like fundie religions. I'm terribly sorry your son's story ends in such a tragic way, he truly did not deserve it.

Thank you for sharing that tragic story, Athenasgarden. I'm so sorry for your loss and so extremely sorry that your stepson had to endure all that he did. Patriarchal culture damages everyone involved in it. I'm so sorry he was so hurt by them for so long.

Athenasgarden- I am sorry for your loss.

You are right, the Duggar parents did set the stage- and arranged the props on a daily basis. They told those kids how and what to think.

They covered up things instead of getting their kids help.

THEN: they had more and more kids, leaving them all to twist in the breeze.

NEXT: they sold the Kellers a story and made Josh, Anna's problem.

LASTLY- THE ICING- selling their way to the world via TV-

JB is a cunning jackass.

It's horrific. I feel like I am watching a comment from some kind of upside-down alternate universe.

And what's with tlc? Honey Boo boo, that cheer perfection show, now the Duggars. Do they check their families

I imagine that any family that is eager to have their lives televised probably doesn't have the healthiest dynamic to begin with. There are probably boundary issues and problems with narcissism, at the very least.

WTF is this bullshit? Did they decide to not read any of the history from the past few days?

christiantoday.com/article/duggar.family.divide.christians.deal.josh.duggar.past/54539.htm

Twelve years ago, when Jim Bob and Michelle found out what was happening with their son, they did not cover it up - despite what some liberal critics of the family are promoting at present. Christians are called not to cover up sin, but reveal it. And rightly so the Duggars did.

The Duggar patriarch even took his son's case to the authorities and reported the crime, and taught his son to confess and seek forgiveness. It is when we confess and seek God's forgiveness that God's grace can enter us.

He took the "case" to a sympathetic felon, thats hardly the "authorities".

Apostle Paul was a persecutor and even a murderer of Christians. However, after coming to meet Jesus and accepting Christ into his life, he realized the love of Christ that covers all sin, and made it his life mission to spread the Gospel. Had he looked back at his shameful past, and allowed that to block him from leading a new life, he would never have done the amazing works that he did in his amazing lifetime.

Josh Duggar turned his life around after this scandal. He turned from his sins and went on to marry and have children. Again, he did not hide and cover up his despicable sin even when it could have cost him everything - his very future with his spouse! He confessed to his future wife Anna a whole two years prior to them even getting engaged - something that many of us may struggle to confess given the risk of what was at stake. But he confessed all the same despite those risks and she knew his past fully when she married him.

I just... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: Are these people obtuse? Why are they unable to understand the difference between "forgiving" in a biblical sense and GETTING AWAY WITH A CRIME BECAUSE YOUR FATHER CALLED IN FAVORS AND FORCING YOUR SIBLINGS INTO SILENCE? Should we just throw the criminal code out the window and ask people to forgive people who rob/steal/rape/murder because Jesus?

Now, how should the public deal with the Duggar scandal?

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

Apparently, yes. In their fucked up reading of the bible (which conveniently leaves out all the parts about cooperating with authorites) we should all just hold hands and sing "amazing grace" when someone shoots at us.

BTW - there is a poll that needs our help-

Do you support the Duggars or should the show be cancelled?

Everyone is a sinner. Forgive and move on

The show should be cancelled

68% think we should just "move on."

Here's the clip of Jana saying, "last year around this time, I was praying for Josh to find someone" I know we shouldn't analyze the girls' behavior in past episodes, but this is just very heartbreaking given the timeline of events.

19 Kids and counting premiered in 2008.

youtube.com/watch?v=ClXpGueaCho

(breaking link so it doesn't get taken down)

It starts around the 3:31 mark.

WTF is this bullshit? Did they decide to not read any of the history from the past few days?

christiantoday.com/article/duggar.family.divide.christians.deal.josh.duggar.past/54539.htm

He took the "case" to a sympathetic felon, thats hardly the "authorities".

I just... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: Are these people obtuse? Why are they unable to understand the difference between "forgiving" in a biblical sense and GETTING AWAY WITH A CRIME BECAUSE YOUR FATHER CALLED IN FAVORS AND FORCING YOUR SIBLINGS INTO SILENCE? Should we just throw the criminal code out the window and ask people to forgive people who rob/steal/rape/murder because Jesus?

Apparently, yes. In their fucked up reading of the bible (which conveniently leaves out all the parts about cooperating with authorites) we should all just hold hands and sing "amazing grace" when someone shoots at us.

BTW - there is a poll that needs our help-

68% think we should just "move on."

And that, my friend, is why this show won't be cancelled. Way too many leghumpers still refusing to let anything shit stick to this family. I swear, one of them could murder someone and these idiots would find a way to defend and justify it. Sickening.

Ok, you all have convinced me not to contact those girls. I have based my thinking on how I would fee,l but as people have told different views, I have come to realize that there is too big risk that their reaction is different.

But I do think I need to share my story to explain my reasoning. I hope you bare with me.

I had a really bad childhood. Between alcoholic father and emotionally distant psychologically mother, I had little chance to have a good one. When I was five my older female friend started to sexually abuse me. She was a victim herself. Her family had sibling incest/abuse. It ended when I was 11 after we moved out. Along the line also came bullying and shithole stepdad who was also abusive. I was 13 when I started to realize that all that wasn't normal. It took a few complete strangers, books and watching people to get that point. The first time I was told nothing was my fault was when I was 17. If I had been given letters from complete strangers that told me it's not normal or my fault and that there are people who can help without saying anything else, it would have made a difference. I was blamed fo everything so I believed everything was my fault. For me, it took a lot of people I didn't know to make me realize that and even now I blame myself too easily. I'm mostly ok now, but I have lingering PTSD (and some not so healthy impulses and personality disorder). My reaction might have been a bit too subjective. Why I'm telling this is to show how differently people who have been trough bad things can react.

Thank you for making me think again.

And really, from the perspective of an abuser trying to get away with it, the one you are going to AVOID messing with is the one you know will tell on you.

This is my feeling too. Also I don't know how much this would factor in, but isn't Jill taller? Not saying that would necessarily stop Josh, but if Jill was the tallest girl even then, wouldn't it make more sense to go after the smaller girls who would be easier to subdue and less likely to struggle?

God, that's so awful to say, but just putting myself in the mind of a predator... Even animals in the wild prey on smaller, weaker animals who can't escape or fight back easily.

I'd rather have it be a moot discussion, though. :(

I know someone asked for the expungement order. Here is is:

http://posting.arktimes.com/media/pdf/expungement.pdf

post-315-14452000311844_thumb.jpg

Whats interesting is that Section one seems to indicate that the court is saying that the order should not have been released. There is no finding of fact, but the fact that she would cite "indirectly identifying the victim of a sex crime..." is interesting.

She only orders the destruction of the report itself, not the surrounding notes, recordings, investigative summaries etc. I think this is important because if another victim comes forward and their age has tolled the SOL until now the actual preserved interviews would still exist and could be used.

I'm assuming arkansas is similar to other states that if Josh would have been handled in Juvenile court at the time of the offense he would still be handled by that court now. So 27 year old Josh would still have the case sealed and face reduced penalties (unless there is an allegation of rape or like offense that would have jurisdiction in big boy court).

Archived